shape
carat
color
clarity

Poll because I''m having a nervous break down over settings!

Whic do you feel will do my JW sapphire the most justice?

• Sholdt Fremont with diamonds

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
So...I picked my setting the same setting that is attached to this...until I saw baby nurse's picture of a Fremont solitare (next picture) and now I am confused. I even went back to my jeweler (who only had the semi bezel for me to see) and left feeling confident that the semi bezel was where it is at for my sapphire ering. Now...waivering again. So help me out! Which would you choose for my sapphire?

ETA-IRL my sapphire is darker than my avatar...

31ZZ13918.jpg

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Fremont solitare.

35ZZ13918.jpg

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
100% semi bezel. It looks soooo much nicer, and I think will suit your sapphire better!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There a couple of things that make me favour the semi-bezel over the prong setting:
1. A gentle swoop of the shank going up to the stone.
2. Very clean and fluid contemporary look which goes very well with the diamond accents.
3. A very open semi-bezel just seem more suited for a coloured stone.

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
yep, semi bezel for me too!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I may make you crazier than a bag of chicken lips when I say what I''m going to say, but its me being honest since your asking.

The semi bezel is gorgeous. I love the clean lines of it and can see that sapphire in it.

HOWEVER

Even though your stone is precision cut, its still possible for the color to deepen a smidge. I''m not talking a lot here, just a little bit. The stone won''t go black, because its not dark enough to do that and cut for performance.

As long as you''re aware of that and can accept that, you''re going to be fine with a semi bezel.

Ok so with all that stuff I said above, I would still go with the semi bezel.

IMO your stone will look smashing, and I think that it will also accent how well cut the stone is.

-A

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
LOVING the semi-bezel! We all tend to second guess ourselves, but it''s usually always good to go with your original gut instinct.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
yup semi-bezel
it has a clean unbroken fluid line that is modern and graceful
while sufficiently open front and back to allow light and viewing of the pavillion

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all the feedback so far. I am all...
32.gif

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
To those of you voting Fremont...tell me why if ya don''t mind!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I voted semi bezel. Thats the one I would go for. It would look great with a colored stone.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Semi-bezel please!!
9.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I voted for the semi-bezel for the same reasons that others have mentioned...seems more clean and contemporary. I think the openness of the setting will let enough light in that darkening of the stone shouldn''t be an issue.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I vote semi bezel too!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fremont. I like prongs for erings.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted Fremont because I like the prong mounting and think the extra light will help keep the sapphire from looking dark.

They are both beautiful though.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you prefer a more modern design, and more clean lines, then the Sholdt. It''s also more fluid in design, and as long as your sapphire doesn''t go very dark in it, you should be fine.

If you prefer a more classic and traditional look, then the Freemont, and it will let more light in for the sapphire, and keep it brighter.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
first picture, please, for your sapphire!

mz

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Semi bezel hands down!!!
30.gif

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Voted Freemont - I''m more into classics, call me a traditionalist. If it would be for any other ring (and not e-ring) I''d probably say semi bezel.

mousey

Shiny_Rock
I really like the semi bezel. Do you have any pics of the semi bezel w the diamonds on the shank irl? Its prob just me but I think I might prefer the semi without the diamonds.... I don t know. I think a bit of bling would be amazing, but the way they are set doesn''t look fluid to me. But I am thinking that it looks more fluid (if that makes sense) irl?

mousey

Shiny_Rock
OK- just saw the irl pics in the other thread. They look stunning (both), but I think I still prefer the semi bezel. This is going to be one stunner of a ring, you lucky girly!

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all the replies. You would think with so many of you solidly in semi bezel vote that I would be like ok...my gut instinct was right...nope. I am completely unsure of which to pick. It''s weird for me...I''m a bezel girl...I don''t like or do prongs...and now I am torn up over...a prong set ring! WTH?!

Mousey-I originally wanted the semi bezel that is plain and if this was a diamond there would be no indecision, that is my ring! I LOVE that plain semi bezel but at the last minute I asked them to include this semi bezel though I thought I wouldn''t like it as in the pictures it looks like defined channel set diamonds. In person though it''s like the most delicate little shimmer that the eye can''t even pick up how the little diamonds are set. I didn''t expect to like it but I loved it and me, bf and the jeweler all thought that the little shimmer of diamonds would help punch up my sapphire. At the time all I had there was a plain Fremont and though I loved it in internet pics IRL it was just ok for me. But when I came online that day and saw baby nurse post pics of the fremont with diamonds I then second guessed everything.
39.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/15/2010 11:33:28 AM
Author: stepcutgirl
Thanks for all the replies. You would think with so many of you solidly in semi bezel vote that I would be like ok...my gut instinct was right...nope. I am completely unsure of which to pick. It's weird for me...I'm a bezel girl...I don't like or do prongs...and now I am torn up over...a prong set ring! WTH?!

Mousey-I originally wanted the semi bezel that is plain and if this was a diamond there would be no indecision, that is my ring! I LOVE that plain semi bezel but at the last minute I asked them to include this semi bezel though I thought I wouldn't like it as in the pictures it looks like defined channel set diamonds. In person though it's like the most delicate little shimmer that the eye can't even pick up how the little diamonds are set. I didn't expect to like it but I loved it and me, bf and the jeweler all thought that the little shimmer of diamonds would help punch up my sapphire. At the time all I had there was a plain Fremont and though I loved it in internet pics IRL it was just ok for me. But when I came online that day and saw baby nurse post pics of the fremont with diamonds I then second guessed everything.
39.gif
I'm going to comment on the highlighted, as I am a bezel kind of girl like you, BUT when I saw Geckodani's double prong ScottKay setting, I thought for sure, I would LOVE it as much IRL (which I love the setting IRL but not for me).... but truth be told, I made an expensive leap to change my setting, and regretted it (prongs part) ... wasted a lot of money
39.gif
so one of my suggestion is buying a fake four prong ring and test it out on your finger to make sure you are going to be completely happy with prong setting if you are a die hard bezel girl... this may or may not help you, but I only tested it for like a week, and leaped in the wrong direction.... arggh... Anywways, they are both stunning for sure, you can't go wrong with any Sholdts, buttttt... as for prong or bezel... that is a whole nother ball game
3.gif
and I would trust your first gut instinct.

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Do you think a prong set halo would be ok to try it out? Or is a solitare prong a different beast? I have a sapphire prong set halo that I wear out all the time. I could just plop it on and not take it off for a week.

ETA-this is to D&T's post above mine...forgot to attach.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/15/2010 12:21:22 PM
Author: stepcutgirl
Do you think a prong set halo would be ok to try it out? Or is a solitare prong a different beast? I have a sapphire prong set halo that I wear out all the time. I could just plop it on and not take it off for a week.

ETA-this is to D&T's post above mine...forgot to attach.
imo, I think its completely different as I have all the settings you mentioned and they evoke different feelings each. hmmmmm,, tough one sweetie, do you think you can get your hands on a freemont sidestone sample? as well? I think that is the only way you will know 100% for sure if it is what you TRULY wanted or it might have been just a tempation, and that your original plan just needed reconfirmation by seeing this Freemont Setting kwim?

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
semi bezel for sure!!!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Semi-bezel. Clean, sleek, modern and stunning. I pretty much always prefer a bezel style. When I look over the jewelry that I already own, my prong settings are mainly because I was trying to save a few $$$. When I can swing it, and it works for the stone, I prefer bezel every time.

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I think I''m having a moment of clairity. I went back and looked at the plain Fremont with the semi bezel...I left knowing I wanted the semi bezel because something about the Fremont didn''t do it for me like I expected it to. The Fremont with a channel of diamonds down the center while beautiful is still the Fremont and I preferred the semi bezel. I just need to keep this in the back of my head.

I suppose I could get a sample in of the Fremont with diamonds but I don''t want to harass the jeweler anymore. I need to just stop looking!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I haven''t read all the other answers yet but had to get this out there:

What are you going to do about a wedding band?

There''s something about either of these styles that I can see *fighting* with a wedding band. A plain narrow metal band would probably be the only style to work *with* it. Diamond bands might fight because there''d be two different widths of diamonds going on -- unless you found a narrow band with exactly the same proportion to the ribbon of diamonds in your e-ring.

Please think about this BEFORE you do a final order!

RE: the original question. Seems like the 2nd one would allow more light into the sapphire, but I prefer the aesthetics of the first one for diamonds.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results