shape
carat
color
clarity

Point-on-Point or Floating Diamonds setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ChuckyHall

Rough_Rock
Greetings from a newbie.

I''m trying to put together an engagement set. During a visit to Jared''s, we found a setting that they called "Point-on-Point".

After I saw Jared''s pricing, however, I decided that I may want to try purchasing from the Internet.

The problem is that I cannot find this setting anywhere. Other names I''ve seen are "Point-to-Point" or "Floating Diamonds".

The basic idea is that small Princess stones are sort of ''channel-set'' into the band, but each stone is set diagonally or at a 45 degree angle, so that the corners or ''points'' are touching. I dont'' have a photo, but I''m attaching a diagram.

And in case that doesn''t work, here''s a crude ascii diagram:

---------------------
/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \
\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /
---------------------

Anyhow, I was hoping that someone is familiar with the setting and might be able to recommend an online dealer.

Thanks,
Charles

PointOnPoint.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey charles
35.gif
welcome to ps!

i love the look of square stones that are set on point.
3.gif
you might try contacting www.whiteflash.com they do custom work and their prices are reasonable.
best of luck to you!

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
I think Peter Storm does settings like that. Let me see if I can find any...

ETA: his site is www.peterstormjewelry.com. On the main page they have a setting like you described. Peter Storm is not cheap however.

ETA x2: corrected typo! Thanks Rascal!
13.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/17/2005 5:51:41 PM
Author: pebbles
I think Peter Storm does settings like that. Let me see if I can find any...

ETA: his site is www.peterstormjewelery.com. On the main page they have a setting like you described. Peter Storm is not cheap however.
Here''s the site: LINK

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
That style of setting is also known as starset princess. I have a link to a ring that is owned by a PS member. it is not channel set like the one you want, but it is star set. nicstn''s ring Also there is a PSer whose name is Starset Princess referring to her style of engagement ring. She explained the meaning of her name in the hangout thread, and she mentioned that it referred to point on point diamonds also referred to as starset. Hope this helps. Sorry it took so long, but I remembered a couple of threads and I had to search for nicstn''s ring in the eyecandy thread to find her name so I could link her thread here. I really can be inept sometimes.
20.gif

shay

ChuckyHall

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the replies. I forgot the other name: ''Naked Diamonds''.

belle: thanks for the advice about custom work from whiteflash.com.

pebbles: thanks for the info about Peter Storm''s collection.

rascal49: thanks for the link.

shay37: thanks for the info and link on the starset princess.

Using the part numbers from peterstormjewelry.com, I found an online seller for Leo Robbins and Sons jewelers. I''m going to try these guys out and see how it goes.

Thanks again,
Charles

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
charles,
i hope you will give us updates on the ring and most importantly...come back with pictures when it''s done! we would love to see it.

mepearl53

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I have been friends with Peter for over 30 years and his workmanship is impeccable and the best for this type of setting. Not made properly this style will become a nightmare.

ChuckyHall

Rough_Rock
Thanks again for the replies everyone.

I ended up going with the Jared purchase--just in case I have any problems, I''d like to be able to go to a (local) brick-and-mortar establishment and complain if I need to. I chose a moderately priced stone and I''m expecting the shop to finish mounting very soon! I''ll try to post photos when I can.

Charles

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results