shape
carat
color
clarity

Please show me your Maytal Hannah Rings!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
TruLuv858|1406347297|3720823 said:
Kathley- did you meet with her in person or was it all over the phone?

I would have loved the opportunity to meet her in person, but it was over the phone and emails.

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Kathley- I am curious, and I apologize for all of the questions... I just can't contain my excitement! I am considering possibly having a petal like basket under my halo... is that similar to what you are doing? I am not quite sure yet, but I would love something super feminine... I am leaning towards adding a few pink diamonds somewhere, just not sure where yet.

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
TruLuv858|1406379947|3720956 said:
Kathley- I am curious, and I apologize for all of the questions... I just can't contain my excitement! I am considering possibly having a petal like basket under my halo... is that similar to what you are doing? I am not quite sure yet, but I would love something super feminine... I am leaning towards adding a few pink diamonds somewhere, just not sure where yet.

Please don't apologize for your questions! I am excited for both of us! Yes, I am doing a petal-like basket under my halo that matches the flower facets of my OEC. I LOVE pink diamonds too, and was trying to incorporate them in the design. But Maytal is designing it such that it is very feminine, soft, simple, elegant, and flowing. She has such a wonderful artistic eye for what I am trying to capture. I can't wait for both of our rings to be finished!

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Kathley- your ring is going to he superb! I emailed her yesterday but I haven't heard back... does she require 100% up front or 50%? Not that I'd really matters- but I was just curious? It sounds like we have very similar taste... I will be sure to let you know how my project comes along once I officially move forward!

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Kathley- your ring is going to he superb! I emailed her yesterday but I haven't heard back... does she require 100% up front or 50%? Not that I'd really matters- but I was just curious? It sounds like we have very similar taste... I will be sure to let you know how my project comes along once I officially move forward!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi. She is very good about responding quickly, sometimes she will respond very early in the morning or very late in the evening. And she has been traveling this past week too. She requires 50% to start the project. I am so excited about both of our projects...keep us posted! 8)

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Perfect! That seems pretty standard but I wanted to make sure. Yes- she has been very quick to respond, despite the fact that we haven't even officially begun my project yet... but I already told her that she was my jeweler of choice and that I wanted to see if we might be able to schedule something when I was out in Cali... I am so eager to hear back from her! I'm literally on pins and needles.. but, it's not that big of a deal if I can't meet her, I will just begin the project when I get back... This will give me more time to dwell over it and obsess on pricescope. I worry that once I do solidify a design this website will continue to influence me and I will keep wanting to change things- lol... Once this reset is done- there will be NO more opportunities to change it again- my hubby has been clear- haha!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It is exciting and also somewhat "stressful" in that I would love to be standing right there when the ring is being made, "just in case" I need to change something. LOL I have looked at so many websites and pictures for so long, that I feel like I finally found "the one". And before I contacted Maytal, I slept on it for a month to be sure. 8) Keep us posted!

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Kathley- isn't that crazy? I mean, I am super confident in MH, but I keep thinking- it's a custom piece, so it is very nerve wracking. On her drawings- are they "nice" drawings or just random sketches? I am obsessed... I still haven't heard back from Maytal- but you did mention she was on vacation. You have been so sweet to answer all of my questions, I really appreciate it! I am just curious about the process? Do you just send her a ton of pics and then she starts to send you sketches? I am curious, do you have a donut in your design, or no? I worry as I have a Tiffany eternity band now and have heard that the pave on a donut can ruin your pave engagment ring or vice versa. I think I may just get a basket and forget the donut... not sure. I will need to see.

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi. When I contacted Maytal, I used the email address, and posted a note on the form to please look out for my email. I am betting you will hear from her tomorrow since it is the weekend. When I started the process with her, I sent her detailed pictures of what I was envisioning and asked her to put her artistic touch to it. So, we are going on my pictures since my ring is not a detailed/complicated ring. I do have a small donut and have chosen not to add diamonds on the donut for the same reason you have spoken. I have the Tiffany Legacy eternity ring with diamonds and very light pink sapphires that I am going to wear with it, so I am getting my "pink fix" through my Tiffany eternity ring. However, if I would have chosen to put diamonds on the donut, I would have to wear a spacer to keep from damaging my Tiffany ring. Since she is just starting my ring, I am not sure if I will be getting drawings since we have been going back and forth on pictures that I and she have supplied. But, I know she completely understands what I am wanting and I am really excited! 8)

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I never got sketches from Maytal.

I want to help you set your expectations. The whole ring making process isn't actually as wow or amazing as you may think. Many of the designers will just execute on their own and you don't really get updates until the ring is done. For many people, they only have one expensive ring but the designers make so many day in and day out .... it's hard to not be a bit desensitized.

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Kathley- I have the Tiffany Novo, all white diamonds... how funny, that we have similar bands...I'm sure I will hear back tomorrow. Thank you for letting me know the process... I am going to keep searching the Internet for baskets that have more of the features I am looking for! :o :wavey:

LuckyKelleyK

Shiny_Rock
CharmyPoo, is your setting based off of "engagement ring No3?" It's beautiful!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
LuckyKelleyK|1406500487|3721637 said:
CharmyPoo, is your setting based off of "engagement ring No3?" It's beautiful!

Engagement Ring 3 is an asscher so a cushion will look very different. My ring actually isn't based on any of it ... I think it is probably one of the earlier (if not one of the first) of that type of halo made by Maytal. It was done years and years ago.

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
CharmyPoo|1406487625|3721569 said:
I never got sketches from Maytal.

I want to help you set your expectations. The whole ring making process isn't actually as wow or amazing as you may think. Many of the designers will just execute on their own and you don't really get updates until the ring is done. For many people, they only have one expensive ring but the designers make so many day in and day out .... it's hard to not be a bit desensitized.

Charmypoo- unfortunately, I know you are right :| but at least I have you all and this wonderful community to help me overcome my lack of pictures and updates! Haha!

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Cookiesmom|1406171573|3719583 said:
Truluv - I wanted a basket because I wanted diamonds underneath my ring. I actually see the side view when I type and I type all day. I think you need to talk to Maytal and find out what proportions are right for your diamond size. My diamond is fairly big (3 carats) but certainly not the biggest. That is one of the benefits to working with someone who sees a lot of different diamond sizes - she can guide you. After I had my ring made she also made me a matching wedding band that I also love.

Ok here is trying to send you a crappy side view. Taken with my cell and please do not judge my fat fingers. I promise I was thin in my youth.

I love the secret diamond. Here is the story. I am sorry for my french here - I said to the bf of my friend (now husband they have a little baby girl now) - do a secret diamond. A pink diamond for the secrets that a husband and wife share. He said - that is so (expletive - ing stupid) I think she will love it. After she gets the ring - she says - I love it! and shows everyone. Not so secret :)

Cookiesmom- any chance I can see your beauty on your hand with a pic facing your ring directly? I am curious to see the halo and finger coverage! Thank you so much... Your piece is exquisite! :lickout:

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
Maytal created my ten year anniversary ring. She was easy to work with and the process took about 5 weeks. She was usually very responsive when I sent her emails. I explained what I wanted generally and included some pictures, but left the design details up to her (such as the thickness of the band and bezel, the exact design of the petal basket, and the decision of whether and where to put pave diamonds). She did not provide a sketch for me and once we settled on the design, there was no further communication until the ring was almost ready. The result exceeded my expectations, so soft, flowing and delicate. I would recommend her to friends and hope to work with her on other pieces in the future.

Here is my thread: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/custom-maytal-hannah-ring-with-gog-august-vintage-cushion.201826/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/custom-maytal-hannah-ring-with-gog-august-vintage-cushion.201826/[/URL]

Good luck!

ring-4-2.jpg

ring-5_0.jpg

ring-8_0.jpg

ring-1_0.jpg

ring-4-3.jpg

ring-2_0.jpg

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Dorothea- Love! Your ring is beautiful!!! I can't wait To read your Thread. I'm surprised she wasn't in touch after the design was agreed upon. I hope I will not be too much of a pain in the butt! Ha! :shifty:

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just a follow up...

My ring is finished and will be here Tuesday!!! Maytal sent some pictures and it is absolutely gorgeous and she captured what I was wanting perfectly! My ring is 100% hand fabricated and the metal is platinum; no casting and I could not be happier. Maytal was a pleasure, very kind and very patient. Plus she just "gets it". =)

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Kathley- I am sooooo excited for you! You must be on pins and needles! :appl: I can't to see it!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
TruLuv858|1408745609|3737789 said:
Kathley- I am sooooo excited for you! You must be on pins and needles! :appl: I can't to see it!

Thank you, TruLuv. I can't wait!
1276752h6e4tykrbg.gif

How is your ring coming along? Have you made any final decisions?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results