shape
carat
color
clarity

Please show me pics......

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jennarlt

Rough_Rock
I posted a while ago about having a hard time finding a wedding band to go with my ering and I think I have found what I like! I am thinking a shared prong (I am pretty sure that is what they are called!) diamond band with 7-11 stones of about .25 total that sits quite low on my finger so you can still see my ering setting. My FH does not like the look as he thinks it takes away from the solitare look and thinks I should wear plain band, but I really want a diamond one.

I don''t have a picture of how they look together and seeing how I still have to "work on him" I would love to have something to show him, so if any of you have a plain band solitare with a wedding band like I described, I would love to see some pics (and show him)! Even better if you have a diamond band on either side as this is the look I REALLY love!

Thanks!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have one, my ering is 1.01 ct solitare, my band is 11 stones, 1/4 ct
2.gif

ringzzzz.jpg

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hi jennarlt! here is a shot of my mom''s set on my hand. it''s a 1ct diamond solitaire with a memoire shared prong 7 stone - the diamonds are 4 pointers. my finger is a size 6, to give you a point of reference. i LOVE the look, and i would say go for larger than 2.5 pointers as well. i had an eternity with 4 pointers paired with a three-stone and very quickly wished the diamonds were a little bigger (5-6 pointers). oh, and they are both platinum.

i second checking out memoire (call bill pearlman at pearlman''s, he has great pricing and he''s wonderful to deal with). their bands sit REALLY low and i could not stop staring at mine, it was gorgeous!!

there will be some scratching of your ering by the shared prong. there are some threads on this if you do a search. if your ering has a simple profile that isn''t part of what you adore about it, then it shouldn''t be a concern. but if you love the profile make sure you would be okay with some scratching (the girdles of the shared prong will most likely be exposed and they will scratch the ring next to it). on my mom''s it''s not much of an issue as the two rings only touch in two places and the scratching is minimal, plus she has the very low sitting memoire so that also helps. however, i had a shared prong memoire eternity sitting next to a three stone, of which the profile was one of the important elements to me, and it scratched it pretty quickly and quite noticably, in many areas. just FYI!!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
P.S. one other thing to consider, my mom does find the diamond band spins often and finds it annoying. because it is only 7 stones, it doesn''t take much for half diamonds, half platinum to show and she has to adjust them. she wishes she had gone with a full eternity for this reason, although an 11 stone, especially with slightly larger diamonds would probably also have helped. she had it sized down so it fits tight and it doesn''t spin as much (i think) but it makes it hard to get on and off.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results