shape
carat
color
clarity

please send prayers & positive thoughts for my dad...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
My thoughts and prayers are with you, your dad, and your family.

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Sending good vibes your dad''s way!

mightyred

Shiny_Rock
Kaylagee, It must be very scary for you. Just know we are all here to support you and listen. I am sending all my positive energy to your dad and you and all your family. As we English say.....keep your chin up girl.

Sunmoon

Rough_Rock
I''m sorry, I''ve been on that situation and is so hard. I pray for strength and peace for your father, you and your family.

PAZ

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Best wishes to you and your family Kaylagee
12.gif

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
Kayla, you are in my prayers. Hang in there, sweetie
emhot.gif

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Kaylagee,

Big sigh here ...

The thought of being in your shoes has my eyes swelling up with tears.
39.gif
No matter how old I get, today I am the big 40 ... The sorrow I feel in my heart is awful ... the thought that one day, I will no longer have my mom & dad here with me.

I am so sorry that your father is not well. I hope the doctors are able to keep him as healthy as can be considering, and also, that if he is in pain, that they can manage that to a tolerable level.

I am sorry for you, your mom and other family members. As it was suggested earlier, spend as much time with him, your family as possible. No matter how hard of a struggle this is, your love for eachother will be what is needed to support one another at this time in your lives.

I think the Photo album idea is wonderful! Sometimes, we forget happy times when we are ill or stressed. A picture is worth a thousand and one words sometimes.

And if the time comes, Hospice ... those dedicated people do wonders for families in need.

I will say a prayer for your father, mother, you and your family members.
12.gif

We may all be miles apart, however, you are in my thoughts and prayers!

Take care!

BrownEyes

Shiny_Rock
Hugs and prayers to you and your mom, Kaylagee (you too, Kaleigh - sorry to read of your mom''s illness).

Be strong - take care of yourselves and take care of each other. Keep telling your dad how much you love him. I like how Valeria put it - leave nothing unsaid.

Take comfort in knowing that your family memories will last forever.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry to hear about your father. You and your family just need to do what you can to make his last few months as happy as possible. You and your family are in my prayers.

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so sorry to hear about your dad. My prayers are with you and your family. Keep strong for him and like others said, leave nothing unsaid. I''m sure he knows how much you love him.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
My thoughts are with you and your family.

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
They were able to go ahead with the chemo today and one of his drs mentioned a possible blood transfusion. He should be able to come home in the next few days.

again, thanks so much to everyone for your prayers and pos. energy!

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
Kayla -

So sorry to hear what you''re going through. Hang in there. You will be in my thoughts.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/5/2006 2:54:53 AM
Author: kaylagee
They were able to go ahead with the chemo today and one of his drs mentioned a possible blood transfusion. He should be able to come home in the next few days.

That is good news. Chemo can sap one''s strength and make one feel "down" just due to the physical toll. (Of course I do not know what kind your father is having or how he will respond to it.) If your father''s mood slips, have a psychiatric consult and be sure to tell him (again and again) that after the chemo, he may feel much better emotionally.

Please give my love to him and to your mother.

Deb

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Good vibes headed your way for you and your family.
4.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Healing, positive thoughts headed your family''s way!

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2006 1:23:39 AM
Author: kaleigh
Oh Kaylagee,
I am so very sorry. I have been there with cancer many times. Best advice as a caregiver myself is to get hospice involved. They will allow your dad to go in peace and with dignity. They are wonderful at controlling pain and any other issues that come up. They have been a huge help to me in taking care of my Nanny. I also can tell you as a care giver that you need to take care of yourself. They can help with that as well. I am glad your mom is doing so well under the circumstances. You have a wonderful family and lots of support. I just found out my mom is very ill too. I am not sure I know how to cope with that yet. But god bless and my prayers are with you and your dad. Big hugs!! Lisa
12.gif
Kaleigh,

I''m really sorry to hear about your dad and mom! Hang in there and treasure the good times that you''ve had with your parents.
2.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Kaylagee I know first hand what you are going through. I wish you and your family all my prayers and positive thoughts.
Don''t forget your PS family is here for you too!
I hope your dad kicks this STUPID cancer in the butt!!

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Kaylagee, any updates on your Dad? You''ve been on my mind lately and we haven''t heard anymore on his condition. Are you doing okay? Take care of yourself too now.
28.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kayla you''ve been on my mind as well...I am keeping the positive thoughts flowing your way! Hope everything''s going well...
emrainbow.gif

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
i've been away for awhile and just wanted to update...my dad died on the 8th of March. like i mentioned, he'd been fighting cancer for years but getting worse, so it wasn't a surprise. it's weird how he waited until my husband returned from France...we were all with him when he died that morning after dh got in. he wasn't responding when we arrived at the hospice but his eyes moved when we spoke to him and prayed. i'd like to believe that he could hear us. about an hour later, his eyes stopped moving and then 40 minutes(?) after that, his breathing stopped.

months later & i *still* feel like i'm dreaming..i've never had anyone close die before . i've also never witnessed anyone dying before.

also realizing that one should say everything you need to your loved ones now, not counting on the next chance. the last time we talked was two days before he died and he thanked me for helping himand my mom , that things would be okay and "G-d be with you". he already seemed far away then and his vision was fading, he said he couldn't see well.. something told me that might be the last exchange but i dismissed the thought as me just being dramatic.

i don't have a clever conclusion for this post or anything...just wanted to let you all know what happened. -k

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am sorry for your loss. I lost my dad to cancer when I was 15 in 1981 and it still hurts...sorry to say. I think you have good days and bad, it is not just a linear thing that keeps getting easier. Of course it will get easier, but the sadness of the loss coupled with the joy of your memories is always going to be there. I hope he did not suffer too much...(((hugs))) to you and your family in this time...

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Oh Kaylagee, I am so sorry to hear about your and your family''s loss--I know these last few months must have been surreal and aching for you. Cancer is so cruel. Hang in there and what a blessing that you were all together at the end there.

((HUGS))

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Kayla, I''m so sorry to hear this. It''s never easy to lose someone you love. Please know that we''re here for you if you need to talk or vent or anything, because we definitely missed you while you were away from here. Words cannot express how sorry I am for your loss. Again, please feel free to talk to us if need be.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry to hear this. Watching someone you love die is indescribable. I hear you about the last phone call you had with him - that he seemed far away, it is almost like part of them has left already, I could see this in my Father''s eyes when he was dying a couple of days before he did. Also when my Father was dying, the nurse told me that the sense of hearing was the last to go and even though my Father was very close to his final moments, she assured me he could hear me. So I am sure too that your Father heard your loving words. Hugs to you.

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Just thinking of ya! (((Hugs)))

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
I am positive he heard you. My fil passed away several years ago, and he was at home with hospice. He waited until each and every one of his 10 adult children had made the trip (from around the world) and into the room to speak "with" him privately to pass on. Within the hour of the last child, he stopped breathing.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/14/2006 1:11:29 AM
Author: Jicky
i don''t have a clever conclusion for this post or anything...just wanted to let you all know what happened.

You are not here to entertain us, Kaylagee. Thank you for telling us what happened. I feel for you. As others have said, I believe your father was aware of who was with him and knew he was surrounded by love. I hope that you will one day find peace about losing him. I am not sure that when I lose a parent, I ever will.

I send my love,
Deborah
34.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I''m very sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/14/2006 7:15:10 AM
Author: AGBF

I hope that you will one day find peace about losing him. I am not sure that when I lose a parent, I ever will.

I send my love,
Deborah
34.gif

I don't think you ever find peace when you lose a much loved parent...for me that will never be possible due to the way he was treated, and the pain he had to suffer due to the indifference of those who were supposed to care for him. I think the best you can do is to try to live with it. It is like an aching joint, some days you can carry on easily and concentrate on your life, others it hurts like the dickens and it is all you can think of. It has been 5 years for me and it hasn't got any easier really, all I can do is to try to make the most of my life as this is the best tribute and gift I can give him. I still feel him close to me, I know he hasn't gone entirely - his physical body is no more, but his love and personality and sense of humour, all the things that made him " Dad" live on and are with me still. This brings me comfort.

Again hugs to you and you will be in our thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results