shape
carat
color
clarity

Please post pictures of Tiffany&Co, SuperbCert, and White Flash Knife Edge

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sep004

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone,
I''ve been reading through the forums for a while, trying to compare the Tiffany replicas (SuperbCert, Whiteflash, Elaineh''s Whiteflash) to the real thing. It would be great to have pictures of all of these setting in one thread. At this point, I''m leaning toward the SuperbCert setting since I have not been able to identify a difference between this setting and the real Tiffany. Please post your pictures. Thanks for the help!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi! Just do a search for "Tiffany knife edge" and you''ll come up with tons of threads!

sep004

Rough_Rock
I did, and spent a few hours looking through the pictures in various threads. I thought that it might be helpful for others with the same problem if we had one thread that people could use to compare. It seems like several people on this forum have debated the Tiffany replica issue.

Please post pictures, especially pictures of the ring on your hand. Thank you!

elaineh

Rough_Rock
hi sep004. where are you getting your diamond? i was seriously considering the SC setting, but we got our diamond from WF. if we were to purchase the SC setting and have WF set the ring, all warrantee on the setting will be invalid. we didn''t want to deal with the possibilities, so we had WF make the modified setting. there were a few things about the SC setting that didn''t appeal to me (ie prong tips). i read some where on here that they are less willing to change the tips. it also depends on the size of your diamond which setting to go with. i will try to post some pictures of my ring (when i get it...sigh...) at all angles. jenn5504 has a beautiful diamond in the same setting. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-new-rings-wf-tiffany-knife-edge-solitaire-with-elaineh-inspired-modifications.63794/

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
woooooo I am so excited about this post... I to am 99.9% sure I am going to order the tiffany knife edge reproduciton Monday..... Lelsey and Vera have been soooo great! I am really excited but nevous... I too to use Elaineh ideas :) Elaineh what do you wear with yours the plaiin knife edge band or diamond....

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
PS. JCrow has beautiful unique set also :)

elaineh

Rough_Rock
hi woobug02. so happy you''re going to join the club.
5.gif
36.gif
i haven''t even got by ering...still waiting for BF to pop the question.
15.gif
but we''re thinking about Tiffany''s 7 stones basket shared prongs (0.27 ctw). I love that look...gives the set more bling.
9.gif
however, we''re considering the plain knife edge as well.

angeline

Ideal_Rock
sep, I have been checking out these threads too thanks to elaineh and Jenn5504. I found this pic on one of the threads - can''t remember which one. They said that it is a SC on the left and a genuine Tiff on the right. I think they look really different.

HTH. I might join the throng and get one of the elaineh modified WF replicas, they look great!

a

PS GTG 0706_2.jpg

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Sep004! I LOVE my "Elaineh inspired WF Tiffany Knife Edge". It turned out really great. I, like Elaineh, wanted to avoid voiding any warranties, so I went with WF. They were a JOY to work with. I''m in the midst of wedding celebrations for my father-in-law this weekend, but as SOON as I can I will post pics with my new shared prong wedding band. I LOVE these rings together. Fits SO much better together than the BN 6 prong and BN eternity band I had...........I''m very sad that the eternity band is rubbing the side of my GORGEOUS ering setting, but I knew it would most likely and am just sacrificing that for the look I am too in love with to change (solitaire w/ shared prong band).

WF Ringjenn5504collage12345.jpg

sep004

Rough_Rock
The side-by-side picture was helpful, but I wasn''t sure if the difference in the rings had anything to do with the size of the diamonds.

Jenn, thank you for posting. Do you have any hand shots? How low does the diamond sit? I read through the other forums, where Elaineh described the changes (U-shaped, thinner prongs), but I''d still like to see more pictures. Your ring is magnificent!

Elaineh, you should receive commission on your design! :)

I''m meeting with a local jeweler/friend in two weeks to review some diamonds that meet my criteria, then I was going to send the diamond to be set at SuperbCert (if I decided to buy the setting from them). The warranty thing stinks, and will probably deter me from setting my diamond with them. I wonder if Barry knows how many people have chosen Whiteflash because of the SC policy regarding the warranty.

If none of the local diamonds work out, I''m going to buy online. At this point, Whiteflash looks like the best place to buy (it''s great how they give the GIA online and the IS image), but none of the diamonds listed match what I want. I''m not in a rush, though.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results