shape
carat
color
clarity

Playing with the New Camera

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
Before Christmas I asked about what digital camera you liked. Well, I got the Nikon D40x. I really love it. It has lots of details, so I am still learning.

And having fun with it in the meantime.
I have a bunch a fun pix to show.

Sorry, only know how to load one at a time.

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
action shot...

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
and of course some diamond shots... these were so much fun to take. i had alot of trouble keeping steady.

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
more idealscope

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
wrong one, that was aset, here is other idealscope

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
another aset, but in reverse

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
another

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
last diamond one for now.... this was a reverse idealscope.

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
bright color....

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
this one is kind of hard to make out, but it is a really cool shot. it is my yellow lab and my yorking sleeping in a sunny spot. with yorking on top of lab....

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
that''s all folks! for tonight anyway.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Wow, those pictures are great, especially the clarity in that action shot! Congrats on the new camera!
1.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Eva, great looking pics!! And yes, the one of your pooches is neat.

Now, the REAL question at hand is, where did you get a loose diamond and what are you going to do with it???
11.gif
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great pics and I love the napping pooch shot!

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
Ellen, you crack me up!

It is a spare I happen to have floating around. I am going to reset it. But have been taking my time, because I absolutely LOVE playing with a naked diamond
37.gif

i had the stone recut by GIA. it came back ex,ex,ex, but she lost alot of weight. over a 1/4 carat. it is still on the shallow side, but my guess is it just makes it into the gia 3x category.

Ellen do you remember the cushion i posted that a girlfriend was considering? well, she doesn''t want the stone, but I can''t stop thinking about it. i would love to trade my radiant for the cushion, but my friend who i purchased the radiant from, says it would not be a true upgrade since my cut is a better cut, color, etc. He said he would trade if i insist, but suggests i take some time to think about it since in his professional opinion it is not a upgrade.

So anyway, point to the story, i am hoping resetting the rb will keep my desire for a softer edge, happy (if that makes any sense) before i do a rash thing and trade in the radiant....

the cushion is pulling at my heart strings though. so i may have to trade it in for a cushion at some point that would fit the upgrade category. i am in love with chunky facets!!!

for the rb, i am thinking wide pave band. if i find a pix, i will post it for you!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2008 9:47:35 AM
Author: Eva17
Ellen, you crack me up!

It is a spare I happen to have floating around. I am going to reset it. But have been taking my time, because I absolutely LOVE playing with a naked diamond
37.gif

i had the stone recut by GIA. it came back ex,ex,ex, but she lost alot of weight. over a 1/4 carat. it is still on the shallow side, but my guess is it just makes it into the gia 3x category.

Ellen do you remember the cushion i posted that a girlfriend was considering? well, she doesn''t want the stone, but I can''t stop thinking about it. i would love to trade my radiant for the cushion, but my friend who i purchased the radiant from, says it would not be a true upgrade since my cut is a better cut, color, etc. He said he would trade if i insist, but suggests i take some time to think about it since in his professional opinion it is not a upgrade.

So anyway, point to the story, i am hoping resetting the rb will keep my desire for a softer edge, happy (if that makes any sense) before i do a rash thing and trade in the radiant....

the cushion is pulling at my heart strings though. so i may have to trade it in for a cushion at some point that would fit the upgrade category. i am in love with chunky facets!!!

for the rb, i am thinking wide pave band. if i find a pix, i will post it for you!
yikes2.gif
WHAT?? You want to trade MY Radiant in?? The ring I lust for, dream of, drool after?? How could you THINK such a selfish, selfish thing?? I am soooooooo dissapointed in you.....
38.gif

Ok, now that I got that out, I think I DO remember it, and if so, we were all going absolutely gaga over it.
love1.gif
Could you possibly refresh our memories with a pic?
9.gif

And I can only imagine how fun a nekkied diamond would be.
trampo.gif
I have had a lot of fun with my recut Aqua.

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
ok Ellen, you asked for it! I am armed with pix of the cushion
3.gif

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
The cushion is beautiful but I LOVE your radiant!!!
love1.gif
Great pictures w/the new camera! I love the skateboard one, great action photo! The pups are so cute too!

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
the last one was for you to compare to radiant....

this one in a plain setting

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
and the last one. this stone is and I with strong flour. omg, it was AMAZING!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Great pics! OH and FWIW, I say keep the radiant!!!!
9.gif

cheers--Sharon

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, you know how I feel about your Radiant. However, I''m not the one wearing it, damnit. And if the cushion really makes your heart aflutter, I am a firm believer in doing what makes you happy, not anyone else.

If you think setting the round may curb your desires, go ahead, if it''s something you were going to do anyway. And see what happens. If you find you can''t live without the cushion, go for it. Whether it''s an upgrade, downgrade, or sideways. It''s your life, and life''s too short.
2.gif

For the record, it IS a gorgeous cushion.

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
thanks for your responses ladies!! glad you enjoyed the show.

too bad both is out of the question
11.gif
(that''s my fleshy side talkin)

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
love the pics! I bought the Nikon D40 which is very similar to the D40x. How did you get the closeups? I haven''t figured that out yet.

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
Diamondsrock,

the diamond closeups, i used the macro setting. switched between auto and manual zoom. then on some, i zoomed on the photo while viewing on the camera and chose trim, to creat a new pix even closer. all this is done right on the camera, before you upload the pix to your computer.

the action shot was a movement setting. and i also have the additional lense 55-200zoom, and i used that too. but with some shots, you need to create more distance between you and the object, then zoom in to take the pix.

hope that helps.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2008 11:49:24 AM
thanks for your responses ladies!! glad you enjoyed the show.

too bad both is out of the question
11.gif
(that''s my fleshy side talkin)
Indeed.
11.gif

BTW, just how were you thinking of setting the cooshion?
31.gif

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
I would have set it in a simple setting with side stones, half moons, bullets, or something...

i would have put a colored stone in the setting that the radiant is in now.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great pics, Eva! And your dog is soooooo adorable!!!!!!
30.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2008 12:29:00 PM
I would have set it in a simple setting with side stones, half moons, bullets, or something...

i would have put a colored stone in the setting that the radiant is in now.
You are speaking in past tense...Does that mean you''ve already decided not to get it?

And an Aqua, Emerald, Blue Saphire in the Radiant setting would be --->
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results