shape
carat
color
clarity

Pixy''s Christmas: Two Asschers, One Tacky Jeweler Clerk

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
That seriously sucks fiery!
29.gif
The nerve of some people!
14.gif

I think your stones are gorgeous!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Ditto to all the others - that woman was (obviously) horrible, but your stones are GORGEOUS.

I think its definitely worth asking WF if they''d be willing to do it for you - the shipping if you are far away might get expensive, but at least you know they''d do a good job and that their customer service would be polite and helpful
1.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2010 10:27:30 AM
Author: fierypyropixy
Awww, Thank you ALL so much for your wonderful comments -- I went to bed after posting last night, woke up this morning, and found your great PS support!
30.gif
A good PS friend mentioned WF -- seeing if they would source a plain Stuller solitaire setting and set it for me . . . do you guys think I''d be out of line asking if they''d do it? I think of them more for custom work since I''ve seen everyone''s beautiful cads, and worry it might be too lowly for them . . .you think?
Absolutely not, fiery! I called them this past year asking about a particular Adwar semi-mount, and even told the SA up front that I wasn''t sure it would fit in my budget, but wanted to price it out so I''d have an idea of what to expect. She explained how I''d need to get the stone appraised, etc. and was very helpful in walking me through the process. That setting definitely ended up being out of budget for me (it had pave), but even so, she was pleasant and did not make me feel like I had wasted her time. I also know that several other PSers have gotten Adwar semi-mounts set with their own gemstones through WF. They also source settings from Stuller, so I don''t think that would pose any problem.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Oh, those are gorgeous. (And gives me such ideas...
18.gif
)

It amazes me, though, the types of people who actually make their living on so-called customer service. This can''t be first time this woman said something rude to a customer; I''m amazed the owner still lets her talk to anyone at all!!!! I wonder if she''s the wife or mother-in-law...

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
whoa you have more self-control than me pixy!

11.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
wow, what a story! I wonder how many customers she has with her ridiculous attitude
20.gif
Love the green and red combo.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful gems! You wouldn''t believe how many jewelers don''t know an asscher from a radiant. I am so sorry you had to endure such condescending treatment.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don''t you know it''s not fair to stereotype rednecks like that!!??
emsmilep.gif

Nice gems btw.

Did you ask her if she knew what a lapidary was? I''d love to hear her comment on that?
11.gif
It might have me gasping for breath from laughter.

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you to all the new complimentary comments!

Cellentani: Thanks! Now, please fill clueless Pixy in on the bit about needing the appraisal. Is that their policy for all stones? More valuable stones? A screenshot of the listing from the vendor wouldn''t suffice?

Hest88: I''m 85% sure she''s the wife.
38.gif

TL: LOL - You are right! It IS wrong to stereotype "rednecks" like that! I''m solidly Southern AND country-raised, so I did a lot of discredit to the perfectly lovely ones with whom I grew up, didn''t I? I apologize.
1.gif
We''ll stick with Banshee. LOL And nope, didn''t get around to seeing if she could define lapidary . . . I got an "oh." back after I said it, but you could tell she still thought the trash can was too good for them.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Fiery, I can''t remember exactly what the protocol was, but don''t worry - they''ll fill you in. I never had any of that done since I didin''t follow through with the project. Sorry I''m not much help, but dang it woman, you need to get those beauties set and on your fingers!

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/6/2010 5:59:21 PM
Author: cellentani
Fiery, I can''t remember exactly what the protocol was, but don''t worry - they''ll fill you in. I never had any of that done since I didin''t follow through with the project. Sorry I''m not much help, but dang it woman, you need to get those beauties set and on your fingers!

Siiiiigh -- I KNOW!!! I just keep spending my money on more gems!
14.gif
Vicious cycle.

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, please DO sign me up for more CRAP like yours.

I love sophisticated sale staff with the vocabularies to back it up! Giggle.

Just like my encounter here in Arizona when I inquired as to what type of gemstone a ring featured and was told:

"Green!" with a tone of "You stupid moron!"

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/6/2010 7:09:14 PM
Author: StonieGrl

Just like my encounter here in Arizona when I inquired as to what type of gemstone a ring featured and was told:

''Green!'' with a tone of ''You stupid moron!''

LMAO -- that is too funny!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Eeeeeek!!! Now THAT is the kind of Christmas I fully support! GORGEOUS asschers!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

ma re

Ideal_Rock

I''d ask if we could swap some green (malachite) for green (emerald)
9.gif

Kim Bruun

Shiny_Rock

Well, there you have it! You held in your mortal hands a nugget of the purest green. I hope you had the foresight to secure some of this valuable material for yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkZFuKHXa7w&feature=related

dancingflame

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous stones! I had a ridiculous experience with a jeweler once.
I took in a setting and a loose spinel and asked the man working there if they set loose stones. The guy looked at my stone and setting then scratched his head and said "You mean you want me to set it... like down in there?"
No, I want you to super glue my stone to the side of the ring you moron. Ugh.

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/6/2010 11:25:48 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
Eeeeeek!!! Now THAT is the kind of Christmas I fully support! GORGEOUS asschers!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Thanks LTP! Quite a lofty compliment coming from you, asscher queen!
2.gif

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/7/2010 9:47:27 AM
Author: dancingflame
Gorgeous stones! I had a ridiculous experience with a jeweler once.

I took in a setting and a loose spinel and asked the man working there if they set loose stones. The guy looked at my stone and setting then scratched his head and said ''You mean you want me to set it... like down in there?''

No, I want you to super glue my stone to the side of the ring you moron. Ugh.

LOL - I just about redistributed my coffee all over my screen . . .

RevolutionGems

Shiny_Rock
Well, it wasn''t a jeweler and it wasn''t a rude comment but I once walked into my office bearing a large round colorless topaz I had just cut and wanted to show off.

One of my co-workers looked at the stone, and then looked up at me and said "Is that a diamond?"

Um.....yeah. Unbeknownst to any of me coworkers, I was actually a closet billionaire and I often carry around my multi-million dollar stones in a 32¢ gem jar.

Not that funny but it is a statement on perspectives. We all know gemstones and find it amusing when those who aren''t obsessed make funny, false or rude observations.

That being said, isn''t having a jeweler comment about "cruise ship crap" or "it''s a green stone, stupid!" kind of like going to get your Ford fixed and having the mechanic make snide comments about "foreign" cars?

Maybe I am being presumptuous but I generally expect professionals to have some knowledge of their profession. But that''s just me...

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/7/2010 10:52:32 AM
Author: Revolution
Well, it wasn't a jeweler and it wasn't a rude comment but I once walked into my office bearing a large round colorless topaz I had just cut and wanted to show off.

One of my co-workers looked at the stone, and then looked up at me and said 'Is that a diamond?'

Um.....yeah. Unbeknownst to any of me coworkers, I was actually a closet billionaire and I often carry around my multi-million dollar stones in a 32¢ gem jar.

Not that funny but it is a statement on perspectives. We all know gemstones and find it amusing when those who aren't obsessed make funny, false or rude observations.

That being said, isn't having a jeweler comment about 'cruise ship crap' or 'it's a green stone, stupid!' kind of like going to get your Ford fixed and having the mechanic make snide comments about 'foreign' cars?

Maybe I am being presumptuous but I generally expect professionals to have some knowledge of their profession. But that's just me...
LMAO. You're really Laurence Graff, just admit it!! Maybe you like to save money by using 32 cent gem jars?

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
ha revolution!

you should have replied "yeah, and i''ll sell it to you for a mere $30k...."

11.gif

RevolutionGems

Shiny_Rock
Gates actually.

I have been known to be rather frugal on occasion...
9.gif

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I won''t even comment on the lady, I think she simply had no idea how to set it, they usually have pre-made settings and your stones have unusual form and may not fit into either of them. Quick question, do you want to set them separately? Or combine? Beautiful stones, sometimes red-green combination works well. I had an old pin with two small pink rubies, and the second ruby fell out of the prongs, so I set a green demantoid into it and it looks very nice.

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
Revolution: Hehe, I certainly wouldn''t turn down a "large" diamond in a 32-cent gem jar!
9.gif

I want to differentiate that the banshee clerk was ONLY a counter-waiter and NOT an actual jeweler. I could have possibly cut her some slack on the asscher technicality because I''ve run into that a bit. And, too, the acorn cut is very deep and she was not listening one bit to my description that this was the intended design . . . she was convinced this was a very poorly done native cut. BUT, it was her flying off the handle and utter lack of customer service sense . . . there was no way I was entrusting my poor insulted stones with her, even if she had nothing to do with the actual act of setting. It was purely unprofessional and as a customer, even if I''d brought in driveway gravel . . . as long as there were no issues with the safety of the stone, she should have kept her mouth shut about her thoughts on the quality of it.
11.gif

Crasru: In the midst of all her flailing and fussing, she did write out an estimate itemizing the separate heads they''d be using, with pricing. So setting them with catalog stock is do-able with a little modification. But by that point I felt so attacked by her demeanor that I felt in general . . . this was not the right situation. One is 8.5mm and the other 7mm, so I think they''re a wee bit too big to entertain a conglomerate setting.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results