shape
carat
color
clarity

Pixie cut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I''m completely excited and a little scared, so I''m coming here to share my excitement. Tomorrow I''ve got a hair appointment. Now, my stylist is wonderful and I really like and trust him. I feel like he won''t do anything that will look hideous, and since he''s got my colour formula on file, I don''t have to worry about it not matching (I just got out of college, so I''m not used to getting it done professionally). Anyways, I''m really feeling the "I''m young, I''m fun, it''s time to do something wild!" thing lately. And sooooo...I''m going short. Really, really short. Audrey Tautou, Audrey Hepburn (in Roman Holiday), Natalie Portman short. And it''ll be blonde. Honey blonde.

Okay, I''m just super excited. I''m going to post one of my inspiration photos that I''m bringing with me tomorrow so you guys can see what I''m thinking. And please if you think this is a really really terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad idea, let me know! I''m going tomorrow at 3 (so 2:30, really) and if you think it''ll be terrible, warn me! But I''m excited...weeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

audreytautou.JPG

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
I think that is a gorgeous cut - that few people can pull off - I would NOT be one of them. I have a round chubby face, so...

Do you have a pic of yourself in the face thread?

That cut really does look fun! I am excited for you! Will you post before/after pics?

Just saw your pic and you can definitely pull this cut off no problem!

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
That cut is really cute! I wish I had the "you know whats" to go that short. I say go for it! If your stylist thinks it''s a great idea then you''re good to go. If not, maybe he''ll have a few suggestions to just tweak it a little to work for you, and you''ll still get that wow factor. Are you going to post before and after pics? I''d love to see them, but I understand if you don''t want to post a face shot on the Internet.

E B

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE that cut and admire you for going for it. I wish I could, but I have an enormous head and a round/square face, and I just don''t think I could pull it off.

I''d love to see before and after shots!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/1/2008 11:41:44 PM
Author: Elegant
I think that is a gorgeous cut - that few people can pull off - I would NOT be one of them. I have a round chubby face, so...

Do you have a pic of yourself in the face thread?

That cut really does look fun! I am excited for you! Will you post before/after pics?

Just saw your pic and you can definitely pull this cut off no problem!
Ditto Elegants whole post!

I''m so excited for you - I had this cut in HS, but don''t know if I''d have the guts now..

I think it will really suit you, although the one thing I would do different is keep your current (darker) colouring maybe?
You can always go blonde once you get used to the cut?

princesss

Ideal_Rock
My hair''s actually already kind of blonde now, so the plan was to go blonde this time anyways. I figure it''s cheap enough to go dark if I really hate it, but I''ve wanted blonde for a while! I''ll do before/after shots, definitely! I''ve got a few from a wedding I was at (I look a little funny in them, but they''re good shots of the hair), so I can get those and some after shots for you ladies.

I''m sure there will be some shock, but I''m really excited. No reason not to do it, right?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m BAD about maintaining my hair (mostly due to cost) and will go about 3-6 months without cutting it. Nevermind coloring it. The pixie is going to take a lot of maintenance, is that going to be ok? Just another thing to think about.

I do think it''ll be adorable on you though. (You have such great cheekbones, I am SO JEALOUS!)

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
OK, I just went back and found your picture, the new ''do will look AWESOME!!!!! Can''t wait to see the before and after!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cute hair cut! I can''t wait to see pictures! I am a huge fan of short, and I mean SHORT hair. And it''s so easy to make it look cute in the mornings! I had short hair for about 10 years until I finally decided to grow it out in the last year or two...and it''s so hard not to chop it all off now that it''s the summer!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/2/2008 12:54:07 AM
Author: FrekeChild
I''m BAD about maintaining my hair (mostly due to cost) and will go about 3-6 months without cutting it. Nevermind coloring it. The pixie is going to take a lot of maintenance, is that going to be ok? Just another thing to think about.

I do think it''ll be adorable on you though. (You have such great cheekbones, I am SO JEALOUS!)

That''s something I''ve been thinking about. I think if it gets really bad, root-wise, I may just go back to something around my natural colour, or something I can do at home. I''m going to be talking to my stylist and figuring it out.

I''m really excited. I kind of expected to be nervous, but I''m just really REALLY excited this morning. Woohoo!

Thank you all for the support! I''ll try to take pictures today after I get it done. I just have to find my camera....if I can''t get them today, BF gets back on Tuesday with his awesome camera, so I''ll have them up then.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I was just looking a hari pictures like this the other rnight and I made a mental note that it would be my next haircut. Maybe in Feb.....

I love this length and style of cut--it is youthful and fresh. My only issue is that short hair takes more itme to style and need lots of product (I have thick and tons of hair so if I dont''t goop away it just falls....); that said, you can waer it many ways....

Good luck, I''d love to see aftershots!

cheers--Sharon

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
LOVE IT! Good for you! I cut all my hair off when I was 16 and now, 15 years later, it''s still pixie short and I never regretted it. You have to be super confident and rock that ''do, but if you do, you''ll turn heads.

ACK! Exciting!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
That cut is adorable! I don't think I could pull it off, personally though
8.gif
I do have about just under chin length hair now though, which I looooooooove. (My hubs loves it on me too!!) The great thing about hair is that it always grows back
3.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/2/2008 12:50:37 PM
Author: icekid
That cut is adorable! I don''t think I could pull it off, personally though
8.gif
I do have about just under chin length hair now though, which I looooooooove. (My hubs loves it on me too!!) The great thing about hair is that it always grows back
3.gif

The bolded part is exactly how I feel about it. I''ll cut it. I''ll rock it. And if I''m not totally thrilled with it, it''ll grow out.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Good luck with your haircut, it''ll look great!

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
I''ve had that cut at least 3 times over the last 30 years. It is fun, and I found it super easy to maintain. Towel dry, a bit of mousse, some scrunching, and out the door. It would air dry in soft curls in 20 minutes (usually by the time I got where I was going)
21.gif

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
That is a super cute cut. If I had the face & hair texture to pull it off I would totally do it. I cant see how that style would be hard to maintain, all you would need is some mouse, pomade etc. You can make it messy or sleek, add a barrette/hairpin, a thin headband etc.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just saw your picture...that style would look GREAT on you! Hope you do/did it and that you show us pics!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Well, ladies, I''m on my way! I''ll be back later with pictures!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Well, ladies, I''m on my way! I''ll be back later with pictures!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Good Luck!!

I wish I had the guts to go this again. But like Freke, I am too old and lazy to upkeep this type of style. I love it when I see it on people who can carry it off.

I can''t wait to see your pictures.
36.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
miracles, are you saying I''m old?

11.gif
28.gif
27.gif

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/2/2008 2:42:34 PM
Author: FrekeChild
miracles, are you saying I'm old?

11.gif
28.gif
27.gif

Bahahahaha, actually I had just put too lazy to upkeep, and then I went back and wanted to add that I was too old to care about the fuss of upkeep, without even thinking that I put put you in there.
17.gif

We all know I am old enough to be your Mom and that you aren't old at all. lmao......

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Muah ha ha ha ha!!!!

3.gif

I just figured I''d give you a giggle...

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
I''m totally excited to see the results!!!
31.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Okay, ladies, I have temporarily lost my camera. I am hunting it down so I can get pictures for you all. I have to say, I LOVE IT! I feel kind of Natalie Portman/Michelle Williams. Very mod, very happy. I think it suits the way I feel inside *much* more than my hair has for a while. Plus I love my stylist, and basically showed him my inspiration photos and let him go to town. He cooled the blonde a little bit, which is exciting, and did more highlights. Next time we''re going to colour my whole head, but I have a little red left in my hair and so he didn''t want to risk carroty coloured tips.

Anyways, I''m off to find that camera!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY!!!!

FIND THAT CAMERA!!!!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
woohoo! princess, i can''t wait to see it! i love pixie cuts!

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
So exciting! I am so happy you like it!
dancing_penguin.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Argh. Okay, I can''t find the camera. I''ve called BF to see if he left his here while he''s gone for the weekend...but it looks like you guys may have to wait a few days.
39.gif
It''ll be worth it though. I promise!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results