shape
carat
color
clarity

Pix of my Birthday Engagement Ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/8/2007 12:41:31 AM
Author: angeline
Harleigh, that photo in the yellow flower just took my breath away. Seriously. Phew! And the one of the ring on it''s own.. arrrggghhh girl, you''re giving me heart palpitations!

I''ve said it before and I''ll say it again, I LOVE
30.gif
30.gif
your set!

a
Hi angeline,

Thanks so much! That was on a gorgeous yellow calla lily my FI let me plant in his backyard yesterday! It is simply a stunning flower (even without the bling in the middle!) I guess I should''ve taken some pictures of the beautiful flowers we''ve been planting...all in anticipation of a reception there next August! Woohoo!
36.gif

Thanks again for your kind words!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Oh twinkie...oh...I want it! You have definitely graduated in your photo taking skills. Those flower shots were so spectacular. That stone is so alive and white!! AND HUGE!! On you it does look like a doorknob!!!
30.gif

I love the changes. Hey, I just flew through the entire thread...and don''t recall if you provided the size of your band stones. Would you mind? I really like your ratio...and with your elegant fingers they all look huge! I didn''t remember that you have two bands. It slipped my mind. But it really looks great! Some one posted something about 13 mm. Is that all the bands stacked across your finger?

Glad to get to see those babies back in business! Heading over to see the dress!
36.gif

DKS

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/8/2007 1:41:07 AM
Author: door knob solitaire
Oh twinkie...oh...I want it! You have definitely graduated in your photo taking skills. Those flower shots were so spectacular. That stone is so alive and white!! AND HUGE!! On you it does look like a doorknob!!!
30.gif

I love the changes. Hey, I just flew through the entire thread...and don''t recall if you provided the size of your band stones. Would you mind? I really like your ratio...and with your elegant fingers they all look huge! I didn''t remember that you have two bands. It slipped my mind. But it really looks great! Some one posted something about 13 mm. Is that all the bands stacked across your finger?

Glad to get to see those babies back in business! Heading over to see the dress!
36.gif

DKS
Again, my twinkie, you have me cracking up over here! I''m not quite sure how I managed to get all of these pix taken AND resized AND loaded on here, all in one night! Once I got started, I figured I''d better get a move on and get the rest posted here while I was on a roll!

The bands are both 1/2 carat each...they each have 11 stones, but since I stink at math, I have NO idea what it makes each of the stones! (Anyone here good at math care to take a stab at that?)

The center band is 6mm wide (it''s a heavy-weight men''s white gold wedding band) and the 2 bands are 4mm each, for a grand total of 14mm. Total carat weight is 3.11 carats.

It''s a lot wider than I thought it would be, but luckily I have some loooooooonnnnngggg fingers to fit it all on!
9.gif

Thanks again for all of your kind words...how is your doorknob project coming along???
31.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Crackers...we really are twinkies...I stink at math too! Drats!

DKS

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/8/2007 12:16:19 AM
Author: Harleigh
Another flower shot...
30.gif

LOVE your new shots miss. That is such a stunner!!

Thanks for indulging us. Feel free, anytime.
9.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/8/2007 2:35:33 AM
Author: door knob solitaire
Crackers...we really are twinkies...I stink at math too! Drats!

DKS
LMAO twinkie...what else could there be??? (And to think I''m tutoring a child in math after school 2 days a week...poor kid...not a shot in hell!)
emwink.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/8/2007 8:57:35 AM
Author: Ellen

Date: 10/8/2007 12:16:19 AM
Author: Harleigh
Another flower shot...
30.gif

LOVE your new shots miss. That is such a stunner!!

Thanks for indulging us. Feel free, anytime.
9.gif
Hi Ellen! Thanks so much! That means a lot coming from you...you are the queen of beautiful pictures, if I remember correctly...or is it you''re the queen of many smiley faces? Or, it could be both, of course!

Thanks for the kind words...I''m going to take my wedding bands to FI''s this weekend and try to take some outdoor flower shots with all three rings, so I might get to indulge you sooner rather than later...hee hee hee!

Evelynn

Shiny_Rock
How did I miss this?!

Love your rings!!! I like the idea of having two bands - you can mix and match with that gorgeous e-ring to your hearts desire!!

Happy Belated, and happy planning!!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/9/2007 1:09:55 AM
Author: Evelynn
How did I miss this?!

Love your rings!!! I like the idea of having two bands - you can mix and match with that gorgeous e-ring to your hearts desire!!

Happy Belated, and happy planning!!
Thanks so much, Evelynn!!! Gosh, I hadn''t even thought of the OTHER possibilities with MORE bands! (Guess I should try to wear mine for awhile first before I throw that out to FI!!!) But you''ve given me something to think about!!! Yahooo!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/9/2007 1:26:25 AM
Author: Evelynn
Not only with the e-ring, but with other bands too!
31.gif
A la the gorgeous Giada Delaurentis. A few pics of her stacking bands is in the Celeb ring thread... https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/updated-celebrity-rings.44492/
Ooh...what a grand idea! Maybe I''ll just slowly start collecting bands on my own! (Anyone think he won''t notice???
31.gif
)

I love Giada...I think she is so adorable! Thanks for pointing out her rings, Evelynn!

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I love how they did a bit of tweaking to the prongs, and presto, the diamond looks even bigger!!! How did they do that?? It''s just stunning and so classic. I love the polished look of your wide band paired with the twinkle and sparkle of the wedding rings. Lucky you with your long elegant fingers! If I tried to stack my rings like that, I wouldn''t even be able to bend my finger
1.gif

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
Harleigh, what a beautiful set. It looks awsome and huge on your slender younthful hand!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Harleigh thanks for posting the new pics. I can definitely tell a difference. It looks even better now (if that''s even possible
2.gif
)

I actually put the pics side by side to compare them and there is a significant difference. You definitely did the right thing by getting it tweaked. So beautiful!!!!
18.gif

Before on the left, after on the right:

comarison.pic.before.left.after.right.JPG

mamalala

Rough_Rock
I can''t believe I never saw this thread!!!!

Harleigh, your rings are TO DIE FOR!

30.gif
I love the thick band, I love the gorgeous rock, I love it I love it I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/9/2007 2:07:54 AM
Author: wolftress
Wow, I love how they did a bit of tweaking to the prongs, and presto, the diamond looks even bigger!!! How did they do that?? It''s just stunning and so classic. I love the polished look of your wide band paired with the twinkle and sparkle of the wedding rings. Lucky you with your long elegant fingers! If I tried to stack my rings like that, I wouldn''t even be able to bend my finger
1.gif
Hi wolftress!
35.gif

That''s funny that you say it looks bigger...FI thinks it now doesn''t look quite so "ostentatious" as he says! How dare he???
38.gif

LOL...about the fingers...did you read my "Co-Worker Copied My Wedding Set" thread??? That little wench can''t bend her stubby little fingers, poor baby!
31.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/9/2007 8:11:58 AM
Author: Eva17
Harleigh, what a beautiful set. It looks awsome and huge on your slender younthful hand!
Hi Eva! Long time, no see!
35.gif

Thanks so much! I''m looking forward to getting to wear all of my rings together next July!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/9/2007 1:46:18 PM
Author: poshpepper
Harleigh thanks for posting the new pics. I can definitely tell a difference. It looks even better now (if that''s even possible
2.gif
)

I actually put the pics side by side to compare them and there is a significant difference. You definitely did the right thing by getting it tweaked. So beautiful!!!!
18.gif

Before on the left, after on the right:
You''re very welcome, poshpepper!

And aren''t you the talented one??? I can barely get one picture posted at a time and here you are blowing me right out of the water with a comparison picture! Thanks so much for doing that...it''s kind of cool to see the "before" and "after"!

I love it! Thank you, thank you!
36.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/9/2007 1:55:15 PM
Author: mamalala
I can''t believe I never saw this thread!!!!

Harleigh, your rings are TO DIE FOR!

30.gif
I love the thick band, I love the gorgeous rock, I love it I love it I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif
Hi mamalala!
35.gif

Thanks for the kind words! So glad you like it!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Here''s some more pix I took with the bands...hope they come out all right!

First one on the new foxglove...

DSC02961-1.JPG

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
On some little green pokey things...

DSC02963-1.JPG

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
In the yellow calla

DSC02967-1.JPG

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
A wee bit of fluorescence...

DSC02972-1.JPG

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
More fluorescence...

DSC02970-1.JPG

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Shazam!

DSC02981-1.JPG

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
More foxglove...

DSC02983-1.JPG

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
On the rose bush...sorry, the roses were not blooming very nicely that day!

DSC02986-1.JPG

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
This is one of my favorites!

DSC02987-1.JPG

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
THe one decent rose I found...

DSC02993-1.JPG

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Harleigh,

I could sit and stare at your ring all night. LOVE that blue fluor.

Linda

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results