shape
carat
color
clarity

Pix of my Birthday Engagement Ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful set! 14mm is huge finger coverage (as is the center stone fo your e-ring)! That is some major BLING!

ginseng_girl

Rough_Rock
congratulations! and your ring! i love the wide band! i love your fire pics! the colors that shine off of your ring are so pretty!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2007 12:19:32 PM
Author: Linda W
Thank you Harleigh,

To be honest, I am debating with myself. Wondering if I should just wear it by itself.!!!!!!!!! The band may have too much bling and I don''t'' want anything to take away from my Pad.

Linda
Well, Linda, whenever you have pictures, I''m sure we''ll give you our 2 cents worth! There could never be "too much bling" could there???
9.gif
Still looking forward to seeing it!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2007 2:58:05 PM
Author: diamondringlover
That is beautiful
30.gif
Thank you, Cathy!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2007 4:14:45 PM
Author: Diamond*Dana
What a beautiful set! 14mm is huge finger coverage (as is the center stone fo your e-ring)! That is some major BLING!
Thanks, DD! I finally got to show it to my best friend''s parents today, and the look on their faces was one of "What in the heck is she going to do with THAT THING on her finger???" I took that as a good sign...hee hee hee!
9.gif

Next I get to show it off to some fellow teachers at a meeting on Monday who figured my FI would never get around to proposing, and least of all with a ring like this...I can''t wait! BLING, BLING, BLING!!!
11.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2007 5:02:43 PM
Author: ginseng_girl
congratulations! and your ring! i love the wide band! i love your fire pics! the colors that shine off of your ring are so pretty!
Thank you, gg! I am so glad I decided to get a wider band...my ring doesn''t turn at all like my rings with thinner bands, so the diamond actually stays where it''s supposed to!

In the rough

Shiny_Rock
Very nice...congrats!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/22/2007 8:00:31 AM
Author: In the rough
Very nice...congrats!
Thank you, In the rough!

darkeyesredshoes

Shiny_Rock
That is some sort of rock! Love the fluorescence!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/25/2007 2:13:16 PM
Author: darkeyesredshoes
That is some sort of rock! Love the fluorescence!
Thank you ders! I wasn''t sure how I''d like it, but I''m in love with the strong fluorescence now, though!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Simply gorgeous. I love the setting with the two bands.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! I like the wide band as well!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the wide band. . . so cool!
10.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Lumpkin, Tacori & Skippy!

I''m still trying to refine my picture-taking skills so I can post some better ones soon!

ladyl

Rough_Rock
OMG!!! It''s Gorgeous!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

The setting is perfect! Not too high or too low, and the width of the band looks great with the Big D!!! I really LOve the setting Very much!! More Pics Please
3.gif
Drool... Drool...

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, ladyl, that was very sweet of you! As my engagement ring is back at the jeweler for the 4th time in a month right now, more pix will have to wait.
7.gif
I did, however, get a better camera, so I''m hoping that when I do take more pictures, they will turn out a little bit better!
21.gif
I''ll try to post more pictures soon!

OH!! It''s SO sparkly!! I love it! I got engaged on my birthday too! It was the best birthday EVER!! Congrats!

ladyl

Rough_Rock
I hope everything is fine with it! In the meantime... Waiting patiently...

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Harleigh, I absolutely love your set, especially because of the sentiment behind the bands. So gorgeous!

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Oh to have that rock on those fingers!!
31.gif

Congratulations!! It is an absolutely stunning set!
36.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Dmmh, ladyl, Kimberly & Big Diamonds!

I actually got my e-ring back from the jeweler much later than I thought I would tonight, but I''m so glad I took it back in!

I had inquired about a lower head, but they said my stone was just too large and it wouldn''t make much difference heighth-wise, and the lower basket head for my stone looked like it was ALL metal. They basically said I would need a completely different band that met up somewhere on the sides with the head set down lower in between, which defeats the pupose of my 3-band look I love and was going for...

So, while I was there yesterday getting the plot done for my appraisal, I complained to my jeweler about catching it on absolutely everything! He looked at it and noticed a prong was not hitting the diamond the right way and there was a gap in it, hence it catching on anything I went near. I also happened to mention I was surprised at how high the prongs stuck up and that they really took away from the diamond, IMO, and that was not what I thought it would look like. He said it was unsafe to wear it the way it was, so I sadly gave it back to them yesterday and did not have it to show off on my first day of school...I was so sad when everyone came up to me today and asked to see my ring. I did wear my two bands together, which looked nice, but it''s just NOT the same! Also saw 3 of the fireman dads (1 who works w/my FI in his dept.) that know him and they all saw I didn''t have it on...since I didn''t tell FI I had to take it back in AGAIN, I hope they don''t say anything!
6.gif

Well, be that as it may, it turns out it was totally worth having to give it up for another 2 days! The jeweler COMPLETELY re-did my prongs and it looks FANTASTIC now!!! They flattened them out and smoothed them down to come further (but thinner) over the diamond and they are now actually a compliment to the diamond instead of a distraction to it. To me it even looks like it sits lower, even though I know it really doesn''t! I even went dress shopping for more bridesmaid''s dresses tonight and I didn''t catch it on one dress, which is a true testament as to how smooth it is!

I don''t know if any of you will notice the difference in it, but I will try to take some new pictures in the next few days and see what you think!

Thank you for all of the awesome compliments! I am truly excited to have my stone so well-secured now!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shut UP! *POUNDING FISTS AGAINST FLOOR* Aren''t you the same girl who posted your 99 cent ebay wedding dress that fits PERFECTLY over on BIW or LIW...and then you get to wear this sucker? LOL! I''m just a "wee" bit jealous!!!
20.gif
9.gif

In all seriousness, Harleigh, congratulations, your ring is just beautiful...I love the wide band as well, and your eternity bands look perfect with the ring. Best wishes, and I''m so happy for you! You seem like a genuinely nice, lovely person with a great spirit--I can see why things are turning out so well for you! You rock!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
35.gif

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
oooooooo... I cant wait to see the comparison pics!
3.gif
It sounds like it is absolutely P-E-R-F-E-C-T now!!! (And I know how good it feels to finally get the ering perfect
2.gif
)

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2007 1:57:47 AM
Author: monarch64
Shut UP! *POUNDING FISTS AGAINST FLOOR* Aren''t you the same girl who posted your 99 cent ebay wedding dress that fits PERFECTLY over on BIW or LIW...and then you get to wear this sucker? LOL! I''m just a ''wee'' bit jealous!!!
20.gif
9.gif

In all seriousness, Harleigh, congratulations, your ring is just beautiful...I love the wide band as well, and your eternity bands look perfect with the ring. Best wishes, and I''m so happy for you! You seem like a genuinely nice, lovely person with a great spirit--I can see why things are turning out so well for you! You rock!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
35.gif
I tried to respond earlier today and it wouldn''t let me, so here''s the gist of what I said...it''s late, so hope it makes sense!!!

LMAO Monnie...you are too stinkin'' funny!

Thank you so very much for all of the nice compliments...you are so very sweet. I think you rock, too, and I always enjoy hearing from you!

And yes, it''s me in the $.99''er dress...still don''t know if I can get it to fit yet, though, so I may have to keep my options open!
8.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2007 12:50:50 PM
Author: poshpepper
oooooooo... I cant wait to see the comparison pics!
3.gif
It sounds like it is absolutely P-E-R-F-E-C-T now!!! (And I know how good it feels to finally get the ering perfect
2.gif
)
Thanks, posh! I tried to take pictures again tonight, but I couldn''t get the new camera to work, and somehow I seemed to have lost the macro setting on my old one...it''s late and I just dunno!
32.gif

All the ladies at work checked my ring out again today and seemed relieved that it no longer looks "quite" so large...some indicated that it was "just a bit" over the top before...
29.gif
...needless to say, between them and then the salesclerk saying my ring was "cute," I think I may just blow a gasket!

Maybe I should just go to bed...I promise I''ll try to work on pictures this weekend!

ladyl

Rough_Rock
Don''t let the ladies at work bother you with their comments! They are 100% just jealous! Hope to see the new pics soon!
1.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, ladyl...they are a bit catty these days.

Just an update, I finally told FI that I took the ring back in, and he ALSO seemed very relieved that it no longer looks quite so "garish" and "gaudy."
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
Now, the unkind people at work I can handle, but he now admits he thought my ring looked garish and gaudy???

Guess I should just be excited he didn''t say that out loud earlier... I swear, men can be so dense sometimes...

Also, I have taken a zillion more pictures, but I can no longer find the "macro" setting on my old camera, and it is nearly driving me insane! I can''t get any good close-ups like before.

It is FI''s birthday tomorrow, so I will be going out of town with him, but I am working on getting some new photos to you so I can get some of your thoughts on how it looks now.

Thanks again for all of your kind words!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Oh Harleigh...that is one beautiful set!
36.gif
Can''t wait to see the new images. So hurry and get them in!

I envy you...my fellow stone twinkie....but you are wearing yours. Me- I am still deciding on a setting. But you...there you are out there among them...with that garish gaudy bauble. Just kidding. Honey...don''t let any derogatory statment bother you. It is beautiful. It is huge. Wear it with pride.

I can''t wait for more shots!! So get busy!

DKS

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL Harleigh, I know what thread you are talking about!!! Wasn''t that a rude comment to be made??? Very unnecessary to hurt someones feelings like that.

I LOVE your ring.!!!!!!!!!!! Absolutely gorgeous on your hand
36.gif

Linda

shminbabe

Shiny_Rock
It''s a beautiful, large stone that flashes brilliantly. It''s nowhere near garish and guady. It''s gorg!

jeannie

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results