shape
carat
color
clarity

Pictures of my cushion halo, and a question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lweber

Shiny_Rock
This is a beautiful ring, a beautiful setting, that looks great on your hand. However, if it does not feel right even after wearing it for a year, it may be time to reset it. But keep in mind that what looks like too much today will possibly look just right tomorrow. I started out with a 1/2 carat round and for our 25th got a 2.14 carat princess. I loved my 1/2 when I got it but after a few years, I wished it were bigger.

beadchick

Shiny_Rock
You know, Lightningbug, I work in the medical field, and I am around people who are less fortunate sometimes, and I have guilt pangs too every once in a while. But, looking at your ring from the side, it is sort of understated. The prongs aren''t high, it sits comfortably in the band. It''s an absolutely beautiful piece. And, yes, it is substantial, but so what? There are lots of women I work with who are sporting 2-3 carats plus! They don''t feel guilty about it.

Mine isn''t halo''ed and its a step cut (so less blingy- though the WR band def is!), but sometimes I just flip it over when I feel guilty (then I miss it). No one has ever really eye-balled it and made a snarky comment. I ALWAYS wear it. It''s kind of like everything else: there will always be someone w/ a bigger ring than you, and there will always be someone w/ a smaller ring than you.

I say, don''t feel guilty. You can always get a plain plat band to go with it. But, you really SHOULD wear it and enjoy!

Congrats on the engagement!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
No matter what you decide, that stone is amazing!

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/14/2010 11:01:10 PM
Author: luv2sparkle
I think I would wait a little longer and see how you feel. It is a gorgeous ring and the older you get, you may appreciate the bling factor. I liked very simple when I was a young bride
at 20, but within 5 years, I was ready for more sparkle. Since you ring is undeniably beautiful, I would probably give it a little longer.

That said, I am sure your guy would want you to be happy. I would get a gemstone to fit that baby and wear it as a right hand ring, if you changed to a simpler setting. Make sure you go
and try a few cushion solitaires on before you make a final decision. Good luck. Your ring is simply beautiful.
Ditto this advice. The ring is awesome as is, but if you would be more comfortable with the diamond in a solitaire, then get a gorgeous sapphire or other gemstone for the setting and wear it on special occasions.

lightningbug

Shiny_Rock
Wow ~ thanks, for your complements and for sharing your perspectives & stories, everyone!

I can''t reply individually b/c it''s way past my bedtime (and FI is making fun of me b/c I was just complaining about being SO TIRED ~ funny how looking at diamonds perks a girl right up), but the quick update is that I''ve been wearing the ring daily since I first posted. I''m definitely getting used to the size, and I feel much more comfortable. I would still probably choose something smaller for myself, but I do love it and think that I''ll continue to grow into it.

Also, I think that y''all are right about trying on bands and keeping the halo ~ the halo is understated, but it adds a nice touch to this particular cushion brilliant -- and dreamer, thank you especially for your nice words and for checking back in.

''Night!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2010 3:03:32 AM
Author: lightningbug
Wow ~ thanks, for your complements and for sharing your perspectives & stories, everyone!

I can''t reply individually b/c it''s way past my bedtime (and FI is making fun of me b/c I was just complaining about being SO TIRED ~ funny how looking at diamonds perks a girl right up), but the quick update is that I''ve been wearing the ring daily since I first posted. I''m definitely getting used to the size, and I feel much more comfortable. I would still probably choose something smaller for myself, but I do love it and think that I''ll continue to grow into it.

Also, I think that y''all are right about trying on bands and keeping the halo ~ the halo is understated, but it adds a nice touch to this particular cushion brilliant -- and dreamer, thank you especially for your nice words and for checking back in.

''Night!
You are welcome!

I adore your setting, I really do. If I ever got a halo, which I don''t think I will, but if I ever did then I would want a style very much like yours. As beadchikc said, it sits so nice and low and snugs up to your finger perfectly.

idalis

Rough_Rock
I can understand where you are coming from, being part of the teeny finger club (I''m a size 3). I ended up going just slightly smaller than yours (1.25) after looking within the range between that and around 1.75, and I also felt that anything at the bigger end was going to be unnecessary overkill at my size, but I think this is still well within a non-flashy/over-the-top range, and I think it looks great

MrsBettyBoop

Brilliant_Rock
I''m glad you decided to keep it because it is fantabulous. I was oogling it on my iPhone from the doctor''s office.
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results