shape
carat
color
clarity

Pictures of my cushion halo, and a question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BlingADing

Shiny_Rock
You have an amazing (x 100) ring! I am not joking...pure perfection!

However, if it seems too blingy, definitely try on other cushions and make sure before you make any changes to that beauty!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think your ring is gorgeous just the way it is. I''d give it some time. You''re not used to wearing an e-ring yet. In three or six months, you may be so used to the look and the size that DSS starts creeping in. Give yourself a chance to get used to seeing and feeling it on your hand and then decide. My guess is you won''t want to change anything because it''s so perfect.

hmr_mama

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with Marian--step away from the ring!
2.gif

If you''re uncomfortable wearing it to work--buy a simple band. That ring really is lovely!

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Personally, I think your ring is absolutely gorgeous! Since I don''t wear other diamond bling, I don''t find it too much, but I can understand that it may seem awkward working in a non-profit sector. Maybe you want to try getting a diamond band to wear for work, and getting a plain band to wear with your e-ring. I think someone had a cushion ring (although not halo''ed) that she paired with the plain Novo band (no diamonds). I don''t remember where that thread is though. That might give you an idea of how the two will look.

If you decide to take the diamond out, I''d keep the old setting just in case you decide down the road that more bling is better.
31.gif

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Wow!!! Your ring is perfection. Pls don''t change it, I''m affraid you might regret it because the setting adds to the uniqueness of your diamond. Its a perfection!!! Gorgeous!!! I love it!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I think your ring is beautiful and not too big. It looks nice on your hand.

redhead02

Shiny_Rock
I think it''s gorgeous as it is! Just exquisite. That said, if you''re still feeling uncomfortable after a year, maybe that says something. But, like others have said, I''d chill for a little longer with the knowledge that you can always retain the setting for a lovely right hand ring if you never get comfortable with this one.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
No, no, no! Don''t you dare change the setting - that ring is perfection!

It is truly gorgeous.

I would live with it a while, and if you find that you really don''t love the halo, maybe you can change the setting when you shop for your wedding band - just find a band that you love that matches a solitaire setting, and ask your fi if you can switch the setting to match the wedding band you chose.

lightningbug

Shiny_Rock
Wow, thanks everybody for all your support and for completely cracking me up!
9.gif
Step away from the ring, ha.

Thanks to your words of encouragement, I'm now on Day 2 of "Operation Rock the Ring." She's clean and sparkly, I'm wearing her with pride, and I'm trying banish all feelings of bashfulness.

As part of this project, we had another little photo shoot. I'll post a few more pictures as a way of saying thanks. I always *love love love* looking at your gorgeous sparklies, so I figure more is always better.

Thanks again!
10.gif

Edited to also say thank you all for your good advice--everyone has been super helpful. Also, somebody asked me what it is exactly that bothers me about wearing a "big" (to me) e-ring...and I think it's that I live in a very diverse & young city with people of lots of different incomes and backgrounds, I take public transit, I work with people who don't have a lot...and I'm cautious of appearing showy or arrogant or like I'm flaunting my good fortune. Here on PS it's easier b/c we all love bling, but on the 'outside' I think these things can be misunderstood. So...that's that. (WOW, I feel like I just had therapy, lol.)

Flagged169.jpg

lightningbug

Shiny_Rock
Wow, sorry those are ginormous!

Last one. I call this her "E.T. Phone Home" shot--there''s a red book behind her and a blue sky in front, so we''re getting some wicked colors. Alien!
22.gif

Flagged175.jpg

rierie26

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE your ring! It''s gorgeous! I agree, give it some time and see how you feel once you get used to it on your finger.

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is STUNNING! Congratulations!

wsblue430

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Being very honest, and I have to say your ring is gorgeous.
30.gif
30.gif
Its beautiful! BUT, I do understand how you feel, and if it is too much for you and it has been a year, go ahead and take the halo off and set it the same way without the halo. It would look different. Its a personal choice at this point. Regardless what you do its a beautiful ring. I have to say I am still sticking to my first opinion its DO NOT CHANGE IT!

legra

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is stunning! The new pics are gorgeous.

CharismaLittle

Rough_Rock
It is really an exquisite and excellent ring (and rare btw!). I too, was a simple type of girl back when I was married but now, after being married for 11 years, the bigger the better because your love for each other will grow more for each other and bring more cherished moments and memories!

Hope this helps!
1.gif

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous ring, stone and it looks RIGHT at home on your finger. I would give it more time....
As suggested, go try on different ring types.... Even a 3 stone.
Why?

Because sometimes, the halo emphasize the center diamonds and it does stand out so the eyes are automatically drawn to the center of the ring making it seem larger. A 3 stone somewhat tricks the eyes and widens the center view and can appear more uniform.

Just my 2 cents :)

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful ring, and so are your pictures!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wouldn''t change a thing!! your ring is stunning!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those new pictures are awesome! The setting is seriously the nicest halo I have seen, to my eyes. The undergallery is amazing.

My ring is not so lovely as yours, more simple, but I can understand how you feel. I come from a modest background and work and live in circle where larger diamonds are not the norm. My diamond is by far the largest I see on a daily basis (1.2ct). Sometimes I feel a little self-conscious. But I get over it. I am not flashy in my clothing or personal style, and I think it compensates. I will be getting a three-stone this year and sometimes I think it will be too flashy. But I love it for me so I will wear it with pride!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is just gorgeous
30.gif

Maybe give it a little more time, like previous posters have suggested?

lucky_D

Rough_Rock
I understand your situation. I have been in a similar position. I just think people think its fake. I know people ask me if mine is real all the time, and I just say, don''t know, my husband gave it to me. That way, its left for them to think whatever. Also, something I did when I have had to take public transport during vacations. I turn it upside down, so only a gold band shows. Don''t want to get robbed, hehe.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
gorgeous ring. I''m with the other''s,, give it some time, you might change your mind.
I love your setting and IMHO - it looks perfect on your finger.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
wow - it''s amazing! please give it some time before you change the setting -when my diamond studs first came, they seemed huge and a bit too much for me.. it''s not even been 2 months, and I think they''re perfect now (and sometimes even a tiny bit too small - the standard diamond shrinkage syndrome! :)

sunseeker101

Shiny_Rock
That's a beautiful ring, and it looks nicely at home on your finger, I think. To settle which way to go, I'd refer to the kinds of feelings that moved your DH to purchase this particular piece for you. If it was more of a problem-solving exercise then it might be right to wait and see if you get to a point where you would rather leave it at home. If the selection was more on the thoughtful side with a very keen eye on symbolism, I'd consider never changing it. But that's just me (after two upgrades to get where I finally wanted
3.gif
1.gif
).

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I already commended but will again... I simply adore your setting and your diamond.

How is it going getting used to wearing it?

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2010 1:37:17 AM
Author: dreamer_d
I think it is sheer perfection and you should just rock it and enjoy!

You should try it on with wedding bands too. You may find that when you add a second ring it changes the look and somehow makes the whole thing feel more 'you'.

Ditto this. While you're out trying on solitaire cushions, try on some classic, plain bands with your ring. A 2 or 2.5 mm. plain band may "tone" down the bling factor of your engagement ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results