shape
carat
color
clarity

Pics of my tsav & spinel

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/13/2010 2:33:45 PM
Author: crasru
Wonderful stones! Maybe I was not following the thread, but can you tell me where you got them?

I like the round tsavorite.

Thanks crasru!
I got them from Swala - the original thread is here
The vendor pic of tsav - which was taken under white light (as per Eric) - does look a bit different from my pics, but his description was accurate & am very happy with the purchase.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/13/2010 2:20:25 PM
Author: virgoruby
Thanks Arcadian, dreamer_d, oddoneout, brandy_z28, mochi and Maevie!
I didn''t manage to take pics in sunlight today (as I went out with DD & DH to see Alice in wonderland in 3D, & it was already dark when we came back..), however, I took a couple of indoor pics under incandescent light..

It shows more blue here, but it''s a bit more lavender IRL under incandescent light.
Thank goodness you took better photos. I love your new pear. Your rings are gorgeous.

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/13/2010 5:13:31 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Date: 3/13/2010 2:20:25 PM
Thank goodness you took better photos. I love your new pear. Your rings are gorgeous.

I can''t believe I took that picture! well, it was sheer luck..
Thanks for your compliments, TL! Btw, the two spinels set in the rings are from mastercutgems, which I got just before Christmas.

I finally managed to take some pics under the sun... so here goes.

12Swala-spinel.jpg

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
And another.

11Swala-spinel.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s so pretty and saturated with blue color for a Tanzanian spinel. I don''t know if you''ve ever seen other Tanzanian blue spinels, or most other blue spinels for that matter, but unless they''re colored primarily with cobalt (rare) and/or have a low iron content (rare), they''re typically very greyish. You''re very lucky to have it. Congratulations. I love the lighter tone as well. Blue spinels tend to go extinct in certain lighting if they''re very dark in tone IMO.

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/14/2010 10:07:07 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
It's so pretty and saturated with blue color for a Tanzanian spinel. I don't know if you've ever seen other Tanzanian blue spinels, or most other blue spinels for that matter, but unless they're colored primarily with cobalt (rare) and/or have a low iron content (rare), they're typically very greyish. You're very lucky to have it. Congratulations. I love the lighter tone as well. Blue spinels tend to go extinct in certain lighting if they're very dark in tone IMO.

TL, Thanks for the useful info! (& naturally, I didn't know about it
5.gif
)
I'm beginning to find out that I prefer the gemstones to be slightly lighter toned (but with good saturation if possible)..

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had to come back to look at these again and am happy to see more pictures! Both stones are very pretty and I'm so happy for you. (Grumbles to self that I should have seen the pear spinel myself sooner.
27.gif
) The tsav is a lovely bright stone too.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results