shape
carat
color
clarity

Pics of my tsav & spinel

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
It took a while, but I finally managed to take some photos of my tsav & spinel...
Just to refresh your memory, the specs are as follows:
Tsav: 1.3ct (6.8 x 6.8 x 4)
Blue pear spinel: 3.37ct (9.8 x 7.7 x 6.1)

Photos are taken on a cloudy/overcast day - the weather has been pretty dull & grey lately, so no pics in sunlight for now...(will definitely take more pics when the sun finally decides to come out though)
The tsav is light-ish medium green, with lots and lots of sparkle - it also holds its colour well in different lighting conditions.
The pear spinel on the other hand is a bit of a colour shifter... pastel blue under the sun, but more lavender-ish blue indoors and under incandescent lighting.

Here is an indoor photo of the tsav.

1Swala-tsav.jpg

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
Pic taken in my garden.

2Swala-tsav.jpg

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
Another..

3Swala-tsav.jpg

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
With the spinel (taken indoors).
The pear spinel looks a lot darker in the pic, but it''s more light lavender-ish blue indoors.
It turns into pastel blue under the sun, which was the colour I saw when I first opened the package.. (The sun seems to have deserted me since then..)

4Swala-tsav&spinel.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I’m so happy you are sharing pictures with us. The tsavorite looks very bright and I even see slight hints of blue. In a round cut, I’m sure it is very sparkly and it’s great that it holds it colour well. I haven’t seen the blue spinel pictures yet but know that it is normal for them to do a slight shift from outdoor to indoor lighting. Pastel blue to lavender blue sounds so sweet.

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
This is taken outside, but without the sun.

5Swala-Spinel.jpg

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
Last one for now. Thanks for looking!
Sorry about the blurry pics - I''m still learning to take decent pics... I used Nikon D40 this time, but am still having difficulty focusing...

6Swala-Spinel.jpg

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/12/2010 9:45:45 AM
Author: Chrono

I’m so happy you are sharing pictures with us. The tsavorite looks very bright and I even see slight hints of blue. In a round cut, I’m sure it is very sparkly and it’s great that it holds it colour well. I haven’t seen the blue spinel pictures yet but know that it is normal for them to do a slight shift from outdoor to indoor lighting. Pastel blue to lavender blue sounds so sweet.

Thanks Chrono!
I really like my tsav- I actually wanted a lighter toned tsav, so am very happy with what I''ve got.
I''m also happy with the spinel, though I can see a bit of grey undertone... still, I think it''s very pretty.

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Both stones have beautiful colors imo! I really like the pastel color of teh blue spinel in the last two pictures.

Really pretty stones.

peaches5

Rough_Rock
the blue looks fantasstic in the outdoor light. very nice.

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
Deia & peaches5 - Thanks for your kind words. I''ll try to take more pics when the sun comes out.
2.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice blue spinel!! Does it have any sparks of pink in it?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VigorRuby,
Is the background colour of your blue spinel pictures also blue IRL? I want to see MORE pictures of that spinel. While I normally prefer a different shade of blue, this one appeals to me for some unknown reason.

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/12/2010 10:21:10 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Nice blue spinel!! Does it have any sparks of pink in it?

Not so much indoors, but definitely in the outdoor light!
Am glad you like the stone as well!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! I''m very fond of the pear color!

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Ya know I am not a green gal at all...but these Tsavs are REALLY starting to call my name! Love them both!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
The color of the tsav is really beautiful! I like the blue spinel too. I''m not surprised it''s shifting a little. Most blue spinels seem to do tnat. Thanks for posting pics!

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
Chrono, the spinel is on a white plate & the pic was taken outside.. I''m not sure why the plate looks so blue (in the last pic)... FYI, I haven''t adjusted the colour in my iphoto application... I will try & take some more pics tomorrow (I promise!
20.gif
2.gif
).

Thanks packrat, stepcutgirl & innerkitten - you''re all sooo sweet!
packrat - I''m glad you like the pear spinel too.
stepcutgirl - I look forward to seeing your beautiful sapphire set in an equally stunning ring setting!
innerkitten - your Mahenge spinel is lovely too!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2010 12:16:56 PM
Author: virgoruby
Chrono, the spinel is on a white plate & the pic was taken outside.. I''m not sure why the plate looks so blue (in the last pic)... FYI, I haven''t adjusted the colour in my iphoto application... I will try & take some more pics tomorrow (I promise!
20.gif
2.gif
).

Thanks packrat, stepcutgirl & innerkitten - you''re all sooo sweet!
packrat - I''m glad you like the pear spinel too.
stepcutgirl - I look forward to seeing your beautiful sapphire set in an equally stunning ring setting!
innerkitten - your Mahenge spinel is lovely too!
Virgoruby, looks like your white balance is off on your camera. Did you have the WB setting set for indoors and then not switch it when you went outside?

Both the Tsav and spinel are fabulous! I''m really loving that round Tsav, though!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
What pretty stones!!!

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
LTP & princessplease - thanks for your compliments!
LTP, thanks for your advice - I''ll make sure my camera''s white balance is adjusted.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both look really fantastic!
36.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
The colors are delicious.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stones. I really like the colours.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Georgeous colors! I generally like the more saturated, punch you in the face, type colors but that pear really is pretty and that tsav is
30.gif
!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Lovely color!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
those are both beautiful stones and they complement each other perfectly too
30.gif

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Arcadian, dreamer_d, oddoneout, brandy_z28, mochi and Maevie!
I didn''t manage to take pics in sunlight today (as I went out with DD & DH to see Alice in wonderland in 3D, & it was already dark when we came back..), however, I took a couple of indoor pics under incandescent light..

It shows more blue here, but it''s a bit more lavender IRL under incandescent light.

7Swala-spinel.jpg

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
The pear with friends (Namya pink/red and blue/violet spinels).. on a light blue box.

9Swala-spinel.jpg

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wonderful stones! Maybe I was not following the thread, but can you tell me where you got them?
I like the round tsavorite.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results