shape
carat
color
clarity

Pics of my new engagement ring...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FLgirl41

Shiny_Rock
My diamond in my engagement ring chipped and could not be repaired. My setting was just fine and was not damaged. The insurance company covered the damaged stone. I wanted to make sure I kept my current setting because that means much more to me than the original diamond. The original diamond was given to my fiance by his mother, it was a diamond from a previous marriage so there was no sentimental connection to it.

I searched for about 3 weeks and found a local vendor that had some great diamonds at great prices. My original diamond was a 2.00ct H/I color, I1 clarity, 7.73-7.78X5.00(? on the 5.00), and a fair cut. My new stone is a 1.75ct D color, SI2 clarity (eye clean), 7.91-8.00X4.something. It was a huge upgrade for me so it is really exciting. The diamond is a bit shallow but to me it still sparkles like crazy and has so much life! I am very excited to stare at this diamond for the rest of my life.

Here is a link to my original ring https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pics-of-my-e-ring.64423/.

On the left is a picure of my original diamond and on the right is my new diamond. The one on the left looks a little more sparkly but it was taken in the sun.

IMG_1755ab.JPG

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful diamond, beautiful setting! So glad it worked out so well for you. CONGRATS!

FLgirl41

Shiny_Rock
Here is my attempt to get the arrows, which are so amazing to see in real live for the first time.

IMG_2312a.JPG

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, now that is a happy ending if I''ve ever seen one! Great choice on the new stone!

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
I really love your ring... it is gorgeous! Congrats!!

FLgirl41

Shiny_Rock
another

IMG_2310a.JPG

FLgirl41

Shiny_Rock
Thanks you guys, I really really am happy with my choice, i contemplated (sp?) for quite sometime between this one and another but I think the color got me!

IMG_2307a.JPG

FLgirl41

Shiny_Rock
another

IMG_2304a.JPG

FLgirl41

Shiny_Rock
last one for now, if I am feeling better tomorrow I will venture outside and get some sunlight pictures.

IMG_2292a.JPG

Steel

Ideal_Rock
I
30.gif
it.

So sorry about the chip, but mmmmmh. Gotta love a D!
9.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! Bummer about the chip, but...all''s well that ends well!
9.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Good for you--congrats!

cheers--Sharon

FLgirl41

Shiny_Rock
Thank you! It is a bummer, but the insurance claim went suprisingly easy. I was waiting for it to be super difficult but the insurance company was great!

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
Whoa! That is beautiful! I love the setting, too!

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Yay for you! Are you going to do anything with the old diamond? Have it recut or anything?

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock
WOW! Very nice! I love the arrows - that''s a great pic for your first attempt!

FLgirl41

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/23/2007 8:31:23 PM
Author: joflier
Yay for you! Are you going to do anything with the old diamond? Have it recut or anything?
No the insurance company actually took possession of the diamond. I don''t think It can be recut because from the chip/nick on the girdle there was a 1.8mmcrack going into the diamond. I smacked my hand pretty hard a couple times, I got a pretty big scare and indent on my finger now. But it is a high setting so I just have to be extra careful. I made sure with the new diamond there would be no inlcusions close to the edges so I don''t risk cracking it again.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Flgirl...your ring is so beautiful. The new stone is spectacular. Don''t think we can handle sun shots! Can you make some fuzzy, out of focus and maybe grey to make the rest of us feel better?
2.gif

Congrats. Glad your ordeal is finally over!

§

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, it is so beautiful! Congrats!
36.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations. It''s gorgeous.

fansynancy

Shiny_Rock
Just gorgeous and your shots are terrific!

Nancy

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
It looks beautiful. I love the setting.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
very very nice, congrats on your forever diamond!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
What a bummer about the chip but I''m glad you were able to get a replacement. It''s beautiful!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its gorgeous! I''m not surprised you are so excited!!
36.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is BEAUTIFUL!
Congrats. I love the setting!

papillon

Rough_Rock
Congrats on your upgrade! It''s beautiful!

FLgirl41

Shiny_Rock
Thanks again everyone!

After all my problems with the original diamond about 4 days after I got the new one, one of the diamonds fell out of my band. The jeweler I got the diamond from said he would fix it for free and give me a free appraisal for my insurance company. I didn''t even buy the settitng from him, but he has been amazing in the whole process. He even gave me a brand new free ultrasonic cleaner! So much better than the original jeweler my FI and I worked with.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
*drooooooooooooooooooooooool* That is a breathtaking stone!
30.gif

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The new ring is stunning! I love the intense sparkle. Congrats!

Lisa

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results