shape
carat
color
clarity

Pics: Amsterdam, My New Favorite Place

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Michelle, these pictures are gorgeous! I am glad you are back; we missed you! Thank you so much for sharing; the building and canals look amazing! I love the blue tile work on that building. Yay for all those diamonds!!!! What a lovely trip you and your hubby had!!!
9.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/17/2008 4:54:11 PM
Author: sna77
I spent a week in Amsetrdam one night.
29.gif
Ha, stay away from the red light district!!!!!!!
25.gif

Thanks Lorelei!! It was cold and raining the first couple days and the last few were nice but cool. Definitely pants weather. I brought one pair of shorts and never wore them.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Michelle,

Thank you for posting all of those gorgeous pictures. Holland is one country that DH and I plan on visiting one day. Tulips are my very favorite flower. How lucky you are to soon be receiving all of those luscious bulbs. You will definitely have to post pictures when they bloom.

I am so glad that you and DH had a wonderful time. Those diamonds look amazing.

Linda

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for sharing! These pics makes me want to travel so much. I haven''t been able to travel much these recent years (except for business trips) as I have a 2 1/2 year old and a 7 mth old and it''s hard to get anyway with a toddler and baby in toll. I can''t wait till they are a bit older so that we can start taking family holidays again!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Fabulous pictures, Catmom! Amsterdam is my favorite city in the world and I am glad to see you had a wonderful trip!

Next time you go, you have to check out the Poezenboot. It is a houseboat on the Signel near the Dam that fixes and feeds all the stray cats that visit in the city (kinda like a floating rescue, but the cats are free to come and go as they please). It has become somewhat of a cat sanctuary and it one of my favorite places in the city :) I figure you would love it, given your user name.

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
Awesome pictures!!! They made me feel like I was there! Thanks Catmom!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Linda. I really hope you and your hubby get to visit there some day. You would love it!

simplysplendid, it''s just been in the past several years that my hubby and I have been travelling by ourselves. They grow up so quickly, you will get there before you know it.

kayamari, how on earth did we miss the Poezenboot? It sounds like just our kind of place.
9.gif

Thanks Rock Candy!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, Michelle - those pics are fantastic!

Where did you stay?

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for posting those piccies, looks like you had a fantastic time :) My FF and I are planning on doing a stopover in Amsterdam on our tour this year looks really pretty :)

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lovely! For some reason, I avoided Amsterdam when I went to Europe. Now seeing your photos, I probably should have gone there, since I got on the wrong train (meant to go to Cologne, got on a train to Amsterdam, but managed to get off and backtrack.)

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Breathtaking pictures. I really want to see Amsterdam. I should move that up to the top of my list.
I''m glad you had a wonderful trip. And thanks so much for posting the pictures. Meow...
2.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/17/2008 6:06:27 PM
Author: Catmom

29.gif
Ha, stay away from the red light district!!!!!!!
25.gif

Thanks Lorelei!! It was cold and raining the first couple days and the last few were nice but cool. Definitely pants weather. I brought one pair of shorts and never wore them.
LOL! I can''t say I am surprised, I had to wear a wax jacket and long sleeved shirt this morning as it was so cold and miserable!
32.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Michelle. It''s a very green city with flowers everywhere. Any building that could have flowers on it did!

cmsamsterd21.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Lauren, we satyed at the Hilton Amsterdam which is where John Lennon and Yoko Ono had their Bed-in. We met someone there from California that had come specifically to be near that room. She had the one next door.

Deelight, oooo I hope you and FF have time to really explore the city. It''s great!

TravelingGal, you really need to get to Amsterdam!

LOL miraclesrule, Meowwwww back atcha!

Lorelei, there was one day when we were in our heavy sweaters and jackets. It was a weather shock when we got back to Chicago and it was in the high 90s.

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Catmom - wow, I’m speechless! Your pictures are beautiful! I loved them all - the canals, the architecture, the flowers…absolutely everything was stunning. Thanks for sharing. Can you post more? Purty please
9.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/18/2008 12:06:29 PM
Author: pocahontas
Catmom - wow, I’m speechless! Your pictures are beautiful! I loved them all - the canals, the architecture, the flowers…absolutely everything was stunning. Thanks for sharing. Can you post more? Purty please
9.gif
LOL, thanks pochahontas, ok a few more.......

cmsamsterd23.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My favorite building again......

cmsamsterd25.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

cmsamsterd27.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We were out in the sea here looking back......

cmsamsterd26.jpg

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Yah
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Again, beautiful picutres! I really like that first one you posted with the contrast of the dark red and white shutters against the dark building. I also like the canal shot and the closeup of your favourite building. See what I mean, I love them all
9.gif
Clearly, you''re a great photographer. Thanks again for sharing and feel free to keep posting
3.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great pics Michelle!!!
36.gif
35.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Wow - that looks like an INCREDIBLE trip - thanks for sharing your wonderful pics
9.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great photos! I adore Amsterdam. It''s one of my favourite cities to visit.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Catmom- your photos are wonderful!! As if I didn''t have the travel bug enough
3.gif
It looks like a stunning city; adding it to the list hehe. Thank you so much for sharing.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
29.gif
OK... um, I don''t get it???!
33.gif
33.gif
33.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks guys! Lynn I think he''s referring to the red light district and the fact that pot is legal in Amsterdam but I could be wrong.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
CATMOM...Can we see a picture of the watch you purchased at that beautiful jewelry store.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2008 12:54:02 PM
Author: Catmom
We were out in the sea here looking back......
It is so incredibly beautiful; thanks for sharing!
36.gif
What was the food like? I keep looking for a picture of our beautiful Catmom, no pics of you?

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Michelle!

Jewelerman, it''s just a fun watch, nothing too fancy. I really liked the rose gold next to the stainless and the best part is it''s easy to read[ha, that''s important these days!]. My hubby got one too that''s totally rose gold and it''s really sharp looking.

cmsnewwatch1.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s a further away pic.....

cmsnewwatch2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results