shape
carat
color
clarity

Picking a gem size

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooo that's pretty-I was just looking at it a lil bit ago! It is pretty dark tho. I like the other one you posted too, but I think it's a little too pink for me. I tried to do a collage of the colors I've saved-but I can't figure it out.

https://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/files/DSC04371%20(Small).JPG

Dunno if this picture will work..it's Karee888's spinel.

ETA: Meh, it didn't. hmph.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
k, here it is.

Copy of DSC04371 (Small).JPG

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
ohh so purty! might be a little dark for a bezel? but it''s along the lines of what i''m looking for.

This is a tanzanite, but the powder blue/lavender is what I''m after.

3325060614_8bfaef392d.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

sblg137.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
aha! now i see. Those are some beautiful colors I sure hope someone soon comes up with a rough for you, gorgeous colors
36.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/13/2009 9:54:10 PM
Author: packrat
ohh so purty! might be a little dark for a bezel? but it''s along the lines of what i''m looking for.

This tanzanite pear has a lovely colour. Good choice of colour. I don''t think it''s too dark for a bezel setting at all.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
D&T,
I’ve heard too many complaints about Forevergems photoshopping their pictures so the stones are actually darker and duller in person.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/14/2009 8:21:52 AM
Author: Chrono
Date: 8/13/2009 9:54:10 PM

Author: packrat

This tanzanite pear has a lovely colour. Good choice of colour. I don''t think it''s too dark for a bezel setting at all.

Thanks D&T and Chrono!

That tanzanite pear is off Peter Torraca''s Flickr page-when I saw it I about fell off my chair-I looooove the color of it so much! Too bad tanzanite is so soft-I''ve seen some really pretty ones-tho they''re spendy! Ohhh to find a spinel in that color would make me so happy! I might have to email him again and see if he''s got anything in the 7mm range that might give me that color..now that I have a size narrowed down a little!

Heck, for the right color, I''d go chunky round if I couldn''t do cushion-I like both shapes a lot!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Swala has one that''s about what you''re looking for. Unfortunately it has a big ''ol inclusion in it.
39.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Goh! I think I really have a hard wish list for my stone! I heard back from Michael E and he''s going to call around on Monday to see what he can find. I''m wondering if a square cushion or round would be easier to cut instead. Well, we''ll see what Monday brings!

Haha maybe I''ll be asking for help finding a more readily available stone!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Packrat,
Don''t give up so soon; I''m sure you''ll be able to find it.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2009 2:17:14 PM
Author: Chrono
Packrat,

Don''t give up so soon; I''m sure you''ll be able to find it.

Thanks-I''ve got my fingers crossed I hear from Wink soon (might send follow up email just in case) or Michael E has some good news on Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results