shape
carat
color
clarity

PICKED MY RING OUT!!!!!

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
Hiiiii!! My name is Nicole, from about 1.5 hours from Philadelphia.. Anyone seen thow show The Office?? thats where im from :) haha... anyways, im so excited because my boyfriend and I picked out my engagement ring todayyyy and put the down payment on it!!

I am a very simple girl so i did not want anything huge... My mother has a huge engagement ring and it covers the whole entire top of her finger, and i said all the power to you mom, but im simple and sweet. It may be small but I picked out a 1.2 k diamond and picked my band seperately.. 18k white gold cathedral setting, 4 prong... My boyfriend said when he saw it on me my entire face LIT up and he knew that was the one i wanted, so we put the down payment on it ... we even got 1100$ off the ring because I had mentioned I was looking at rings from a chain jewerly store.. He matches the price, plus more. I immediately said that was it!!!.. I almost cried a little too and he didnt even ask me yet haha...

He was a little upset at first because he wanted to pick it out but then decided it would be best if i came along so i wasnt dissapointed. He said though that when hes ready to ask me, thats his entire decision so it was a definite compromise.

I graduate with my masters degree in forensic medicine in August.... so i think when the whole family is together, both of our sides, at my graduation party, thats when hes asking! :) :::crosses fingerss:::

sorry to bore u but i had to blab because im just extremely excited!

Thanks for listening,
Nicole

p.s. sorry no pic yet, they r placing the diamond on the setting ... but when i do, I will post!
26.gif

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats and Welcome! 1.2ct is certainly NOT small but I bet it will look gorgeous on you!

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Your ring sounds beautiful! I hope he proposes at your graduation.

Do you feel like even more of a lady-in-waiting now that your ring is picked out?

1.2 ct is quite sizeable!

getting excited

Shiny_Rock
Congrats! That is SO exciting!! I personally think 1.2 is not small at all. I would be overjoyed with that size! I bet it will be beautiful and I can''t wait to see pictures!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
yes 1.2 is really not small at all! congratulations and I can''t wait to see pics of the ring when you get it :)

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
congrats... I cried a little bit when we were first looking at rings. It was very emotional. heehee I''m excited for you.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1.2 is not small at all! It''s almost triple the carat weight of my engagement ring.

Congratulations on picking out a ring!

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
Considering the average is 0.33ct (real world - not PS average!), 1.2ct is not small at all! I think that is a great size - like you I do not prefer much larger stones on my own hand - my ering is a sapphire that faces up like a 1.25ct RB and I find it perfect for my own lifestyle, style and so on. I admire larger stones but not for my everyday-wearing ring! Whatever works for you and your budget is perfect!

Enjoy this excitement!

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome! 1.2 carats is a great size! Hope you don''t have to wait too long!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Congrats, I''m from philly too! ;-)

kagordo4

Shiny_Rock
Yay! I went with my boyfriend too. And also I (and he) originally wanted him to do all the leg work but he got super frustrated and really wanted me to have what I wanted. So I feel in love all over again, with him and a Tacori setting, lol.

Congratulations!!

damons

Shiny_Rock
Hi Nicole.

Welcome! I am from Philly too...and my partner''s family lives in Scranton. I LOVE the Office!!

Anyway, congrats on buying a ring. It''s very exciting!

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all for responding!! :) Yes it will be very very very sooooon! And yes i would consider myself a lady in waiting! haha... Have a great day :)

Nikki
30.gif

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s really exciting! The ring sound lovely and I can''t wait to see it. I hope he proposes soon!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
very exciting, welcome to pricescope
36.gif
35.gif
and 1.2ct isnt small by any means - cant wait to see the sparkler on your finger
30.gif

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
hopefully no later than the end of august.. ::crosses fingers::: were going on a cruise in 9 days and I DEFINATELY know it wont be then, but it would have been nice ;-) I am just so glad i dont have to keep all my excitement in when i have a forum where we can brag about our rings and boyfriends/fiances without people saying their tired of hearing it!!! lol Take care xoxox

DuckLovingVegan

Shiny_Rock
Aww that''s great can''t wait to see the ring and hear about the proposal.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to the forum!!! Congrats on your masters and taking the next step closer to getting engaged!!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
congratulations :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results