shape
carat
color
clarity

PICKED MY RING OUT!!!!!

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
Hiiiii!! My name is Nicole, from about 1.5 hours from Philadelphia.. Anyone seen thow show The Office?? thats where im from :) haha... anyways, im so excited because my boyfriend and I picked out my engagement ring todayyyy and put the down payment on it!!

I am a very simple girl so i did not want anything huge... My mother has a huge engagement ring and it covers the whole entire top of her finger, and i said all the power to you mom, but im simple and sweet. It may be small but I picked out a 1.2 k diamond and picked my band seperately.. 18k white gold cathedral setting, 4 prong... My boyfriend said when he saw it on me my entire face LIT up and he knew that was the one i wanted, so we put the down payment on it ... we even got 1100$ off the ring because I had mentioned I was looking at rings from a chain jewerly store.. He matches the price, plus more. I immediately said that was it!!!.. I almost cried a little too and he didnt even ask me yet haha...

He was a little upset at first because he wanted to pick it out but then decided it would be best if i came along so i wasnt dissapointed. He said though that when hes ready to ask me, thats his entire decision so it was a definite compromise.

I graduate with my masters degree in forensic medicine in August.... so i think when the whole family is together, both of our sides, at my graduation party, thats when hes asking! :) :::crosses fingerss:::

sorry to bore u but i had to blab because im just extremely excited!

Thanks for listening,
Nicole

p.s. sorry no pic yet, they r placing the diamond on the setting ... but when i do, I will post!
26.gif

Congrats and Welcome! 1.2ct is certainly NOT small but I bet it will look gorgeous on you!

Your ring sounds beautiful! I hope he proposes at your graduation.

Do you feel like even more of a lady-in-waiting now that your ring is picked out?

1.2 ct is quite sizeable!

Congrats! That is SO exciting!! I personally think 1.2 is not small at all. I would be overjoyed with that size! I bet it will be beautiful and I can''t wait to see pictures!

yes 1.2 is really not small at all! congratulations and I can''t wait to see pics of the ring when you get it :)

congrats... I cried a little bit when we were first looking at rings. It was very emotional. heehee I''m excited for you.

1.2 is not small at all! It''s almost triple the carat weight of my engagement ring.

Congratulations on picking out a ring!

Considering the average is 0.33ct (real world - not PS average!), 1.2ct is not small at all! I think that is a great size - like you I do not prefer much larger stones on my own hand - my ering is a sapphire that faces up like a 1.25ct RB and I find it perfect for my own lifestyle, style and so on. I admire larger stones but not for my everyday-wearing ring! Whatever works for you and your budget is perfect!

Enjoy this excitement!

Welcome! 1.2 carats is a great size! Hope you don''t have to wait too long!

Congrats, I''m from philly too! ;)

Yay! I went with my boyfriend too. And also I (and he) originally wanted him to do all the leg work but he got super frustrated and really wanted me to have what I wanted. So I feel in love all over again, with him and a Tacori setting, lol.

Congratulations!!

Hi Nicole.

Welcome! I am from Philly too...and my partner''s family lives in Scranton. I LOVE the Office!!

Anyway, congrats on buying a ring. It''s very exciting!

Thank you all for responding!! :) Yes it will be very very very sooooon! And yes i would consider myself a lady in waiting! haha... Have a great day :)

Nikki
30.gif

That''s really exciting! The ring sound lovely and I can''t wait to see it. I hope he proposes soon!

very exciting, welcome to pricescope
36.gif
35.gif
and 1.2ct isnt small by any means - cant wait to see the sparkler on your finger
30.gif

hopefully no later than the end of august.. ::crosses fingers::: were going on a cruise in 9 days and I DEFINATELY know it wont be then, but it would have been nice ;) I am just so glad i dont have to keep all my excitement in when i have a forum where we can brag about our rings and boyfriends/fiances without people saying their tired of hearing it!!! lol Take care xoxox

Aww that''s great can''t wait to see the ring and hear about the proposal.

Welcome to the forum!!! Congrats on your masters and taking the next step closer to getting engaged!!

congratulations :)

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP