shape
carat
color
clarity

Pick between these two Radiants

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bennyboy96

Rough_Rock
If you had to choose between these two Radiants, which would you pick. Assume they both have the same cut.

1.5 Carat, J, VS1
1.25 Carat, H, S1

So they''re both to grades off from each other in color and clarity? Does that cancel each other out so go with the bigger one, or will the J be too yellow to even consider?
My GF did say that clarity is more important the color, but obviously an M VVS1 wouldn''t really fly.

Thoughts?

Diachi

Shiny_Rock
IMO there is reallly no way to tell from just those two things...Cut is the most important in my book as it seems to be to with our experts here-I''m still pretty new and learning but there is MUCH more to picking the "better" diamond then just color or clarity, do you have the other stats?

bennyboy96

Rough_Rock
I have the specs for the 1.25...H SI1, 6.8 x 5.65 x 3.84, depth 66.7%, table 65%, girdle-medium, sym/pol Good
I should have the full specs for the 1.5 on Thursday. I''ll post them once I get them. I know it''s a 1.5 J VS1 with a depth of 59.9%.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
With radiants, you really need to see them or at the very minimum see very good pictures. 2 stones may have the same numbers but look completely different. As for VS1 vs S1....if the S1 is eyeclean (ask the vendor) they will basically be the same as far as clarity. That being said, radiants tend to show inclusions more than some other cuts so you''ll want to be careful there. But if I were you, I''d worry more about the cut...finding a stone that sparkles with life.

Adlers

Rough_Rock
That depends on if it is going into white or yelloe metal, we usually don''t recommend j colors in white. If it is a high J then it may work, but lay it on top of the ring and check it against the side diamonds to see if it is acceptable.

sizedoesmatter

Rough_Rock
Hi benny,

I myself am looking at radiants and had the same questions about color. I''m far from an expert but have recently had the to opportunity to see several loose radiants up close and personal.

Now I dont consider myself color sensitive in the least so i was initially looking for j color radiants as well and boy was i surprised when i saw how yellow they actually were (and i saw
a lot) .

With radiants if you are buying online i suggest to go for E-G just to be safe, because if you want to go higher in color you definintly have to see the stone. I realized while i was looking for my ideal that even some H''s looked yellow to me. So it''s just a matter of preference as to how much color you (or she) will be comfortable with.

In my opinion even when a radiant had an ideal cut the yellow just made it look kindy dingy
14.gif
...LOL which takes away from the whole appeal for me.

Good luck in your search!

And if you can, see the stones in person before making any decisions.
2.gif

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Benny,
If you assume both diamonds have the same cut, you might get a nasty surprise.

In terms of color, it''s a personal question- but we have many customers that sacrifice color in order to get a larger diamond.

There''s seems to be so many misconceptions floating around.
Radiant cut diamonds DO NOT show imperfection more easily than other shapes, neccesarily.

Radiant Cuts DO NOT show color more easily than other shapes - as a rule.
We have set K-L- even M color Radiant diamonds in white gold or platinum with good results

There are no "Ideal" cut radiant diamonds.
There are branded Radiant Cut diamonds which meet exacting standards, but these are not called "Ideal"

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wonder if benny''s made a decision already?! He posted the question 5 months ago.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results