shape
carat
color
clarity

Photoshop help request, please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thankyou very muchly MTG - yup, don't worry about the sapph colour, you're correct that will change a lil.

So you like the YG? Maybe it's just because the original looked so pretty..
I know a p/shop can't compare to a real ring!

I guess one of my concerns is..is a channel set YG ring outdated?

hrmmm..this may be tougher than I thought!

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Hi AJ

I can''t offer a very helpful opinion since I am biased toward platinum (since I am a white metal person)
However, I think that yellow gold can look very pretty with blue sapphires (e.g. Kismet (I think) yogo sapphire and diamond band looks gorgeous) especially blue blue like you are getting as opposed to the darker sapphires you see in chain stores. Also with they shape of stones in this band, I don''t think it would look dated.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I think blue sapphires with a violet undertone look great in YG. If it''s more true blue or slightly green or grey then I''d go with a white metal. I don''t think channel set in YG looks dated at all, especially not with the graduated sizes of stones and the nice curve to the shank.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/30/2009 8:49:17 AM
Author: bling addict
Hi AJ

I can''t offer a very helpful opinion since I am biased toward platinum (since I am a white metal person)

However, I think that yellow gold can look very pretty with blue sapphires (e.g. Kismet (I think) yogo sapphire and diamond band looks gorgeous) especially blue blue like you are getting as opposed to the darker sapphires you see in chain stores. Also with they shape of stones in this band, I don''t think it would look dated.

Thankyou BA - this is helpful! This is the kind of opinions I''m looking for.
I am opposite to you (clearly) and biased toward YG.
2.gif

I agree, Kismet''s band is one great example.
I couldn''t find many others on the board..

thanks hon
5.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Ah, look what I found!
Not exactly the same, but a similar concept, and with a sapphire!
(apologies I can't recall the owner, I'd love to see the thread)..
eta: found it - pierreone, and it's gorgeous!

MTG...you still about with your YG brush...? lol...

BrianGavin_Sapphire3 aj.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/30/2009 9:26:01 AM
Author: Kismet
I think blue sapphires with a violet undertone look great in YG. If it''s more true blue or slightly green or grey then I''d go with a white metal. I don''t think channel set in YG looks dated at all, especially not with the graduated sizes of stones and the nice curve to the shank.

Hi Kismet - I completely agree. And mine will have a violet undertone.
Thankyou for your opinion, it''s helpful to hear others'' thoughts.

One thing I was considering, is to bring the top traps up to create a 3 stone like I had originally intended - but still keep the channel set squares in the band.
This way, I would have a distinct 2 tone ring with a yellow gold band and plat head, and still get to have the step cuts I''ve fallen for..

Any thoughts?

I certainly hope my explanation makes sense, as I can''t find a pic to represent it!

Either way, I wish there was a view showing how the head of the Leon solitaire looks..

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Hrm, if you put the traps up to make a 3 stone you may end up with a more straight sided shank. Personally I prefer the curve of the shank in the original but that''s just me.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/30/2009 10:22:14 AM
Author: Kismet
Hrm, if you put the traps up to make a 3 stone you may end up with a more straight sided shank. Personally I prefer the curve of the shank in the original but that''s just me.
Thanks kismet, you raise a valid point - I like the lines of the shank too.

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Hi AJ

I think I prefer the look of them all channel set, as I think it might look more fluid...love the BGD ring you posted!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/1/2009 4:06:10 AM
Author: bling addict
Hi AJ

I think I prefer the look of them all channel set, as I think it might look more fluid...love the BGD ring you posted!

Hi BA..cheers for your thoughts.
I really like the BG ring and I''m so glad I came across it.
Firstly because I was thinking of using BG anyway, secondly because it looks like a beautifully made ring...and oh yeah thirdly - because LM''s a jerk.
14.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I hope pierreone doesn''t mind, but after seeing how nice it looks on the hand, I''m even more sold.
I love the substantial look of her band and diamonds (even from a "real life" distance like this), esp. combined with that great sapphire
30.gif

p1_hand_purple_2 aj.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
thought I''d just post this with an update - here''s the three stones in
a more "real life" pic (blues by Barry, green by me).

from left, blue tourmaline, green tourm, aqua, all supernovas.

They will be going off to Julia for the awesome 3 stone design that MTG helped me to finalize
5.gif

I know Julia is completely flat out with us manic PSers atm, lol..but with some luck I should be wearing it by end of the year.
9.gif

Very excited about this one, it will be different to anything in my collection, and something I''m planning to wear alot and I know Julia will do it justice.
36.gif

Thanks anyone who gave opinions and posts, and especially MTG!
35.gif

BB JKT 3 stones.jpg

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is just the coolest thread. Thanks for the link AJ!!

I just LOVE the 3 stone that you''re going to have made. Makes me think I need to buy more stones before setting the ones I have! LOL Seriously worth some consideration...

And the Sapphire well that''s just going to be stunning. Violet undertones, hmmm I''d love to see your stone with some of your YG rings to be sure. I just LOVE LOVE the WG/PL Sapphire rings already in this thread.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
WOW....what an amazing project!!!!
30.gif

Lori

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/5/2009 10:50:19 PM
Author: Stone Hunter
This is just the coolest thread. Thanks for the link AJ!!

I just LOVE the 3 stone that you''re going to have made. Makes me think I need to buy more stones before setting the ones I have! LOL Seriously worth some consideration...

And the Sapphire well that''s just going to be stunning. Violet undertones, hmmm I''d love to see your stone with some of your YG rings to be sure. I just LOVE LOVE the WG/PL Sapphire rings already in this thread.

Thanks SH! I''m glad you enjoyed it..
ya, I like 3 stones now as I started realizing I have too many solitaires - also a great idea if (like most of us) you have more gems than you do setting budget.!

Thanks for your thoughts on the sapph - I will def. have to give it some serious thought when the final stone arrives, but here is an idea...
2.gif

Personally I think it looks darn pretty
9.gif

But yep, I will have to "shop" the stone around the local stores and see how it looks in different metals..
I agree the white metals with the blue sapphs look extremely "fresh" and pretty.
5.gif

BrianGavin_YGSapphire_100209rs.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/6/2009 12:06:26 AM
Author: loriken214
WOW....what an amazing project!!!!
30.gif

Lori

Thanks Lori..
he he, which one do you mean..?This thread has got a lil cross-over going, lol..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results