shape
carat
color
clarity

Photoshop help request, please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2009 3:09:01 PM
Author: Kismet
Date: 9/29/2009 1:47:14 PM

Author: pwendyp

A stunning choice of colours AJ...
1.gif

There was a ring posted a few weeks back - using green and blue - a three stone/all halo''ed, which was a gorgeous look, although I can''t remember which way round the colours were.

But ovals...wowie!

Very very nice idea - I like it, oh a lot!

1.gif

Are you thinking of Kaleigh''s ring with emeralds and sapphire?

Lissaa4.JPG

Yes, thankyou wendy and kismet - that''s a fabulous ring!
Mine will be like the paired down version, ha ha..

Wow, that thing has some finger presence!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2009 4:55:29 PM
Author: packrat
Good job photoshopping MTG!

That''s such a great color combo AJ! You''ve got a terrific eye for color! I tried looking for 3 different colors for my ring today and criminy it''s tough!

ETA: After I looked today I decided I''d forgo the idea..but then I see this and think how that''s twice you''ve done it so maybe I''d be able to find good colors too!

ah shucks..thanks packrat! I would say, just stick in the same colour group (like my last was pink and purple, this is blues and greens), and it will look great.
However, different colours can also look fab if you''d like something a lil different.

What kind of design and stones are you looking for? I''d be happy to make suggestions if you like..

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2009 5:28:06 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
Date: 9/29/2009 5:09:58 PM

Author: litebrite

Yay MTG on the photoshop work - the first ring was flawless, I almost thought it was a CM creation :)

Hehe, thanks! I could have done the second one nicer, but it''d have taken longer since the oval isnt the right shape...

Sigh, this ring will look pretty, I hope AJ goes with it! I''m so jealous at how stunning it''ll look with Barry''s stones and julia''s immaculate bezels!

You *bet* I''m going with it!
Thanks in part to you of course
35.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2009 7:47:19 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker
Looks cool, do you have the blue stones?

yep, all the stones I already own. Some just aren''t in my possession.

I''m such a dork - as soon as I sent my aqua back to Barry (as I thought I didn''t have a purpose for it), this idea started generating for the 3 stone.
Well, needless to say I''m still keeping the aqua - I''m just out a lil bit of "silly shipping" ha ha.

In the end it all works out though, as Barry and Julia are practically neighbours, so he can just send them on for me.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/29/2009 10:15:43 PM
Author: arjunajane
Date: 9/29/2009 4:47:33 PM

MTG! You''re bloomin amazin!

I Wish I could give you a huugggee cyber hug, thankyou so much for doing that!

I was waffling a lil on the two blues, but nope the picture has sold me.

Thanks lovey, really I appreciate it a ton, you did a great job.

(I hope I haven''t opened the floodgates for you to become the local p''shop whizz, he he..)

36.gif
36.gif

Hehe, happy to help!! If you send the pic to Julia, say hello to her for me! One of these days, I''m getting something from her!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2009 10:31:23 PM
Date: 9/29/2009 10:15:43 PM

Date: 9/29/2009 4:47:33 PM

MTG! You''re bloomin amazin!

I Wish I could give you a huugggee cyber hug, thankyou so much for doing that!

I was waffling a lil on the two blues, but nope the picture has sold me.

Thanks lovey, really I appreciate it a ton, you did a great job.

(I hope I haven''t opened the floodgates for you to become the local p''shop whizz, he he..)

36.gif
36.gif

Hehe, happy to help!! If you send the pic to Julia, say hello to her for me! One of these days, I''m getting something from her!

Will do!
Do you use the same SN over there?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nah, I use a different SN: Lovinglotuses. Hehe.
But she probably knows me as "that annoying girl that bugs me and can''t make up her mind".

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2009 10:41:12 PM
Nah, I use a different SN: Lovinglotuses. Hehe.

But she probably knows me as ''that annoying girl that bugs me and can''t make up her mind''.

ha ha...
actually, I knew that
41.gif

Ok, must be off to do some work now! Thanks for the help again, will update when there''s progress
5.gif
35.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2009 10:26:44 PM

That''s such a great color combo AJ! You''ve got a terrific eye for color! I tried looking for 3 different colors for my ring today and criminy it''s tough!

ETA: After I looked today I decided I''d forgo the idea..but then I see this and think how that''s twice you''ve done it so maybe I''d be able to find good colors too!

ah shucks..thanks packrat! I would say, just stick in the same colour group (like my last was pink and purple, this is blues and greens), and it will look great.

However, different colours can also look fab if you''d like something a lil different.

What kind of design and stones are you looking for? I''d be happy to make suggestions if you like..

It''s the oval rose cut 3 stone in the thread I started yesterday. I''m trying to decide if I want to stick w/1 color (light blue), 2 colors (adding light yellow) or one of each of the 3 I was trying to choose from (adding green)in the first place. I did a bridal canvas w/those color flowers and I like them together..it''s just finding the right colors in gemstones that''s hard haha!

I''d most certainly appreciate any help!

pwendyp

Shiny_Rock
Hi AJ

Indeed, it was Kaleigh''s ring - a stunning colour combination. Yours too...you chose well!

The photoshop rendition that MTG posted, having done the ovals...is simply stunning! I like that your stones, are ''softer'' in colour, it seems to suit this style of ring better I feel. it just looks beautiful in the photoshopped picture.

I can imagine you are very excited about this one - and the knock on effect is that it''s given me more ideas to work with too, between this one, and the idea that packrat is working on!

I saw that LM ring so so long ago, and remember thinking back then, ''that would look beautifully simple, with plain rails''

And, who could have failed to fall in love with Julia''s work, with rails hugging the stones, especially the garnet cab ring on her website. I''ve been loving that one, since I saw it. Funny thing - I saw the perfect cab the other day...but my funds are low...I am so so tempted though!

So many beautiful ideas...I simply am so impatient to get started on setting my stones, it''s been a long long time in the waiting. Just a little while longer, then ''swooooop'' they are all going to get done at once!!

1.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Ummmm...MTG, whilst you''re on the job...

My mind has been *everywhere* with ideas of how to set my upcoming sapphire - I have so many different ideas I liked, but none were "just right".
Until I saw this - it''s exactly what was in my head, but I couldn''t find an image anywhere.

I''m in love, it''s true!

However, I am having alot of trouble imagining it in yellow gold (with plat claws) - I''m not sure if it would work with this design..?
But I really love high kt YG with blue sapphires..

Do you think it would be at all possible for you to shop "my" sapphire onto this setting, and change the shank to YG?

If it''s too much trouble, I understand, you can say so! - it''s just your last job was so good, it made up my mind for me!
I''m hoping this could do the same..

I hope you don''t mind...

Here is the ring:
30.gif

r1291_016Ww step cuts.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Here is what my sapphire should turn out like..(set N/S)..

JW sapphire cushion AJ.jpg

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
AJ this looks like it will be a gorgeous project!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I just got my first supernova today from barry...and I''m in
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Your sapphire ring too looks like it will be a stunning, gorgeous classic ring -- can''t wait to see it either!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
And I have no idea how P.shop works or if this will help you...
but here''s a photo of a LM in YG (in case it helps).

Just when/if you have the time - I promise this will be my last request of you !
41.gif

Thankyou MTG.....
35.gif

r302-44Ww AJ.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/30/2009 5:39:05 AM
Author: bling addict
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Your sapphire ring too looks like it will be a stunning, gorgeous classic ring -- can''t wait to see it either!

Thankyou BA, is that the big blue?!
36.gif
Where are the photos woman?!

Thankyou for the comments - I just new this was "the one" as soon as I saw the photo.
However, I think I really need to see it in YG before I send out for quotes..
I hope it will work out!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2009 11:00:21 PM
Date: 9/29/2009 10:26:44 PM

It''s the oval rose cut 3 stone in the thread I started yesterday. I''m trying to decide if I want to stick w/1 color (light blue), 2 colors (adding light yellow) or one of each of the 3 I was trying to choose from (adding green)in the first place. I did a bridal canvas w/those color flowers and I like them together..it''s just finding the right colors in gemstones that''s hard haha!

I''d most certainly appreciate any help!

Hey pack, oh of course - that''s going to be a lovely design! I''ve posted some pics in your thread, I hope it may help!

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/30/2009 5:42:29 AM

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

36.gif

Thankyou for the comments - I just new this was ''the one'' as soon as I saw the photo.

I hope it will work out!

OOh by "the one" do you mean the setting you just posted (white gold)? It''s gorgeous!!
30.gif
30.gif

I''ve started a thread....my photos are crap
7.gif
7.gif
- I don''t take great photos to begin with, and it was when I got home from work, there wasn''t really any daylight...I will try again on the weekend....{end thread jack)

Bling addict,

they really are just fine!! Don''t be so down on yourself :)

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/30/2009 5:46:20 AM
Date: 9/30/2009 5:42:29 AM

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

36.gif

Thankyou for the comments - I just new this was ''the one'' as soon as I saw the photo.

I hope it will work out!

OOh by ''the one'' do you mean the setting you just posted (white gold)? It''s gorgeous!!
30.gif
30.gif

I''ve started a thread....my photos are crap
7.gif
7.gif
- I don''t take great photos to begin with, and it was when I got home from work, there wasn''t really any daylight...I will try again on the weekend....{end thread jack)

ha ha, I''m over there like a flash - honey, if those are bad photos, then it must just mean you have one amazing gem - I can''t wait to see the "good" ones!!

Yep, I mean that Leon one in plat with the tapered step cut diamonds - they are traps and square emeralds.
I was going to use traps to begin with, but that would''ve meant a *fourth* 3 stone ring for me!
So as soon as I saw this, I thought Yes!!

I''m so excited for you and your Barry stone, I can''t wait to see what you do
36.gif

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I love love love the design you''ve picked AJ! It''s going to be a stunner!!! (I will be waiting impatiently for your photos!)

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/30/2009 4:54:46 AM
Author: pwendyp
Hi AJ

Indeed, it was Kaleigh''s ring - a stunning colour combination. Yours too...you chose well!

The photoshop rendition that MTG posted, having done the ovals...is simply stunning! I like that your stones, are ''softer'' in colour, it seems to suit this style of ring better I feel. it just looks beautiful in the photoshopped picture.

I can imagine you are very excited about this one - and the knock on effect is that it''s given me more ideas to work with too, between this one, and the idea that packrat is working on!

I saw that LM ring so so long ago, and remember thinking back then, ''that would look beautifully simple, with plain rails''

And, who could have failed to fall in love with Julia''s work, with rails hugging the stones, especially the garnet cab ring on her website. I''ve been loving that one, since I saw it. Funny thing - I saw the perfect cab the other day...but my funds are low...I am so so tempted though!

So many beautiful ideas...I simply am so impatient to get started on setting my stones, it''s been a long long time in the waiting. Just a little while longer, then ''swooooop'' they are all going to get done at once!!

1.gif

Hi again Wendy
35.gif

Thankyou for the comments on the oval ring - I agree, MTG did a fabulous job and it made my mind up for me immediately on that ring! If that''s the p/shop, I can''t wait to see the real deal materialize
5.gif

I can relate to you on the impatience hon - I''m so glad you love Julia''s work, she''s fantastic to work with.

Your plan to set all your stones at once sounds like it''d be hugely exciting, please keep us in the loop
36.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Aj!

No problem, I just happen to be up at 6am with a bout of that darn insomnia, at least this keeps me from buying anything, haha! Be back in 20min or so.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/30/2009 6:39:38 AM
Hey Aj!

No problem, I just happen to be up at 6am with a bout of that darn insomnia, at least this keeps me from buying anything, haha! Be back in 20min or so.

reallY? aw hon, you are too good!
I''m sorry though, I do wish you could sleep, poor love. I can''t function when I don''t sleep, I''m useless! So I admire your tenacity...

thankyou in advance!
36.gif

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Nice photoshop work MTG
36.gif
, and AJ I think the double bezeled three stone ring idea is wonderful.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here AJ, it's not great, but I hope it helps! Hmm..I may have washed out the blue a bit too much, sorry!

aj3.JPG

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here, fixed the color a bit more.

Tee hee.
Before:
r1291_016Ww%20step%20cuts.jpg

After:

ajfixed.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/30/2009 7:19:07 AM
Here AJ, it''s not great, but I hope it helps! Hmm..I may have washed out the blue a bit too much, sorry!

Thankyou MTG! *hugs* You did a great job...but it has maybe confirmed my suspicions - is it me or does the YG not work..?
7.gif

Would you mind possibly to plop the sapphire straight onto the plat setting as is MTG?

What do you think about the idea?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
But of course!

I"ll put them side by side for viewing pleasure
ETA: D'oh, I think the blues are a little off (I fidget a tiny bit with the color to make the lighting blend more smoothly and realistically). Sorry! Well, your color might be a little different anyway so the exact shade hopefully doesn't have to match spot on with the photo. Just letting you know though.
1.gif

YG:
ajfixed.JPG

Plat:

aj1.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
ah, the second one does look prettier
36.gif

any thoughts?
I really have my heart set on YG for this sapph - but everywhere I turn they're all in plat..
40.gif

I may have to admit, the plat is looking better right..?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the YG personally :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results