shape
carat
color
clarity

Photoshop Design

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
bezelloraa.jpg

I need assistance in Photoshopping this design. I'm wondering how it would look like with an inner single milgrain bezel and also a second picture with a double milgrain (on both bezels)? With no PM's in place I can't contact Ana personally.
39.gif
Perhaps someone else here would like to try their hand at Photoshopping this Sholdt Design ring?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sure!
1.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
78082194-S-smallest.jpg

Another request to add a milgrain on the bezel.
9.gif

Also, where can I find a simple bezel with such a thin band like in the above picture? All the bezels I''ve seen are so chunky. I have no idea where this picture came from.
33.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The bezels at Sholdt seem to have rounded, thickish edges - which may go well with the heavy modern design, bout would need to be shaved down to a thin edge to have them millgrained.

The underside of the ring is not shown anywhere, but the pictures on www.sholdtdesign.com are done against a reflective surface and show some of the side view. It looks like the bezels are rounded like a bowl - perhaps like this. Cool, but is this anything like the daintish old rings you seem to seek out?

Gave it a try anyway:

... not terribly convincing, last time I must have gotten lucky.

SDTmillgrain.JPG

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much, Ana. Wow, it looks like this isn''t going to work out. The milgrained bezel seems to clash with the modernish setting. I called Sholdt Design because they don''t have a distributor here in PA and they gave me a quote. Way over my budget.
14.gif
, so I guess this mounting is out the window. It is actually much cheaper to have the Etienne ring. Still, I am going to look for other thin delicate bezels first.

Leonid (or Irina), thanks for the link to the second bezel setting.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Btw... at least some of the settings at Fay''s labeled ''antique style'' (i.e. new) are available separately.

This one looks like a less weighty bezel, & millgrain to boot.

If I am not mistaking, Wink had something like this posted at some point (or was it a two-part bezel ring?).
38.gif

Jannet

Rough_Rock
This vintage design & make of Rothem Collection is beautiful .
I have seen it, a friend of mine ordered this style from them
with a 2.00 ct solitaire diamond.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you see these?

AGBF's high carat gold rings

MyGurhanSpessandGrunBDiamond.jpg
MyGurhanSpessRing.jpg

One by Gurhan one by a local jelwer. She wanted the 'hammered' look, so they don't have to be so.
The story is on the last two paes of this thread

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And what if THIS would be done to a round?

Can't imagine millgrain on THIS, but it sure is a dainty bezel setting.

MTG_R_3673.jpg

Engraved band?

MTG_M_10183.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ana,
I love the last two you posted, especially the one with the engraved band. WOW! Somehow, I can''t believe I missed ABGF''s beautiful high karat stuff.
They are so beautiful but I want to go cheap since this is only a fun right hand ring with a very tight budget.
emembarrassed.gif
I''ve kept the picture though and brought a bunch of printouts to my local jeweller yesterday. He''s going to see if he can find a ready made mounting or he might end up "mixing and matching" to make me one.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sure that beauty of a diamond will end up well!
36.gif

Neither of these are intricate settings, so the price is... whatever the sellers wants it to be. Fingers crossed ! Those ''findings'' from the jeweler''s drawer turn up great most of the time
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results