shape
carat
color
clarity

Pendant help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I think the .40 may be too small simply because on WF''s site, it specifically says .50-.75. I''d go up to a .50 if you can.

BTW-I love the ballerina style pendant!

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
I had actually inquired about this and they said the best size diamond is 5.4-6mm across - something smaller wouldn''t work well.

If you can''t go up that large, I think a full bezel would also be lovely!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s very pretty. I wonder if they would make it on a bale. I prefer it on a bale rather than with chains coming out of the actual pendant. I''m glad I clicked on that! (Not that I am about to get another diamond pendant, but still...it is just lovely.) Let us know what you do, MC.

Deborah
34.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/17/2007 5:55:44 PM
Author: rockzilla
I had actually inquired about this and they said the best size diamond is 5.4-6mm across - something smaller wouldn''t work well.

If you can''t go up that large, I think a full bezel would also be lovely!
Okay, thanks for the info. I was hoping that I could go a bit under .50 and be okay. . .

I already have a full-bezel setting, but it has my mom''s eng. diamond in it so I don''t wear it (long story), so I''m looking for another style. The four-prong probably will work fine then. I can''t wait to start the process, but my dh''s birthday is in two weeks, so I''m waiting until after to purchase anything
1.gif

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/17/2007 6:01:28 PM
Author: AGBF

That''s very pretty. I wonder if they would make it on a bale. I prefer it on a bale rather than with chains coming out of the actual pendant. I''m glad I clicked on that! (Not that I am about to get another diamond pendant, but still...it is just lovely.) Let us know what you do, MC.

Deborah
34.gif
MC having the bellerina myself in the 1.12 I think it might overwhelm a 0.4ct. I''d wait to get a 0.5 or bigger. It is an amazing and unique setting. I get complements all of the time. You will love it if you get it!

AGBF, ok ok ok I confess.... After having mine for a while I didn''t like it on the chains as much so I had them make it with a bale. I like it much better this way. I didn''t get any really good pics yet and was waiting to meet up with Alj as she is the great photographer. I''ll post more then but in the mean time here''s the best one I have.

bellerinabale.JPG

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/17/2007 8:05:51 PM
Author: KtIceRN
AGBF, ok ok ok I confess.... After having mine for a while I didn't like it on the chains as much so I had them make it with a bale. I like it much better this way. I didn't get any really good pics yet and was waiting to meet up with Alj as she is the great photographer. I'll post more then but in the mean time here's the best one I have.

Oh my God!!! I am so glad you posted this when you did!!! I just wrote to John Quixotoes and asked him if Whiteflash could make the bellerina on a bale for me!!! I can't believe it! That is perfect!!!!! Did Al take the photo? No...I just reread. She didn't. When will you be seeing her? More photos!!!!

Deb
34.gif

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
No that was me. Alj''s pics are so much bettter than that. I am hoping to see her soon for a GTG so she can take some pics for me of this and my huggies. The pics I take do jewelry no justice at all!!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
KT,

You do not seem to have been bound by the constraints of the recommended .50-.75 carat size. Was your bellerina custom made to be bigger than the usual size or did you just find that it could work with a larger stone? I thought that .75 carats was the uppermost regions one could pick in terms of size.

Do you think your stone looks different in the setting than smaller ones do? I mean, does it lose anything by being less delicate? My concern has been that I will look silly at my age wearing a tiny, sweet, little necklace meant for a jeune fille. Yes, one jeweler sold me larger diamonds after telling me that I didn't want to try to look "jeune fille"...and that was a decade ago!!!

Deb
34.gif

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
AGBF, the pendant was custom made. WF was wonderful as usual. I just told Lesley that I wanted it with the 1.12 and they did it. Of course it cost a bit more cause it was custom but I''m glad I have it.

I really like the want the stone looks in the pendant. I think that this style would be best with a .5-.6 or larger so the curves of the sides show nicely for the face up view. I think that the bellerina draws more attention to the whole piece rather than just the diamond like the martini would. Many people say it''s like a flower and then they look closer and see the side view and always comment on how neat the "waves with the diamonds in them " are.
I do not think that it would look "juene fille" at all. It is like a awesome twist on the classic bezel solitaire setting. And lets face it, if you did get it you would probably be the only person around who had one and it would be a great and unique conversation piece. People would know that you didn''t go to the maul to get it.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/17/2007 9:06:50 PM
AGBF, the pendant was custom made. WF was wonderful as usual. I just told Lesley that I wanted it with the 1.12 and they did it. Of course it cost a bit more cause it was custom but I''m glad I have it.

Oh, KT, this is the story of my life!!! I have champagne tastes and I would rather have nothing than have something that doesn''t meet my standards. (That is why I don''t have a tennis bracelet. I want one with ideal cut stones of 1/3 carat each in an E-F color and at least a VS2 clarity. I found a platinum handmade setting, but it costs $8,000. I decided not even to try to buy the bracelet until my daughter goes to college!)

By the time I make this into the ideal pendant for myself it will be pretty much what you have and extremely costly, like yours! And I really never set out to get another pendant!

Yikes!!! Pricescope does enable!

Deb
34.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/17/2007 8:05:51 PM
MC having the bellerina myself in the 1.12 I think it might overwhelm a 0.4ct. I''d wait to get a 0.5 or bigger. It is an amazing and unique setting. I get complements all of the time. You will love it if you get it!
The bale is so small and delicate and the pendant itself is gorgeous! Thanks for showing a picture.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock

That's very pretty. I wonder if they would make it on a bale. I prefer it on a bale rather than with chains coming out of the actual pendant. I'm glad I clicked on that! (Not that I am about to get another diamond pendant, but still...it is just lovely.) Let us know what you do, MC.

Deborah
34.gif
Yep, the bale that KT showed is perfect. I'm not a fan of bales normally only because they're always too big. . .

Would you think that a bale style would be less likely to flip?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
kt, i didn''t know you got a bale! does it wear a lot different? tell me about it!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/17/2007 9:25:00 PM
Author: MC

Deborah
34.gif
Yep, the bale that KT showed is perfect. I''m not a fan of bales normally only because they''re always too big. . .

Would you think that a bale style would be less likely to flip?
i think in general, they are much less likely to flip but what i like about this design, is that it doesn''t flip much. mine doesn''t anyway.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
belle,

Since you obviously also have this pendant, do you also have photos of it? I mean a neck shot, perhaps? Whiteflash shows how it looks up close, but I''d love to see it on your neck!

Deborah
34.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for that link, belle, it was extremely illuminating! Now I know why the bellerina, with its diamonds showing from underneath, somehow reminded me of the Swan. I also know the origins of the name, "bellerina". You don''t just "happen" to have one of these pendants, do you, belle?

The neck shot is gorgeous. I''d love to see it on your neck, of course, but seeing it on someone''s neck allows me to see how spectacular it is. Is yours the size sold by Whiteflash or is yours, like KT''s, a custom size? That''s an important question for me because I really want to know how big one has to go to make the impression made by the necklace in your photo!

Belated congratulations on a real work of art!

Deb
34.gif

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/17/2007 9:26:36 PM
Author: belle
kt, i didn''t know you got a bale! does it wear a lot different? tell me about it!
Belle, I got the bale just a few weeks ago. The reason I went to is is not so much because of the flipping but that I noticed since it was stationary on the chain the whole thing would move and before you know it the stone would be under my shirt/scrubs and you couldn''t see anything but chain. It did flip up at times so you would see the pavilion view but I like that view so it didn''t bother me so much.
I definitely like the bale much better. Leon at WF did a great job making it small so the main focus is the pendant. I will let you guys know that the chain is not interchangeable since the bale is way too small for the clasp to go through it. I an considering having WF get me a chain with a jump ring so I can wear it a bit longer at times.
I promise when I see Alj that I will have her take a ton of pics so you guys can really see it. She is a great photographer and will be able to show the nice detail. I want her to take pics of my huggies too cause they are so cool looking and my pics certainly did not do them any justice....plus I may have another surprise by then that will need some photos
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/17/2007 9:18:27 PM

Date: 10/17/2007 9:06:50 PM

Oh, KT, this is the story of my life!!! I have champagne tastes and I would rather have nothing than have something that doesn''t meet my standards. (That is why I don''t have a tennis bracelet. I want one with ideal cut stones of 1/3 carat each in an E-F color and at least a VS2 clarity. I found a platinum handmade setting, but it costs $8,000. I decided not even to try to buy the bracelet until my daughter goes to college!)

By the time I make this into the ideal pendant for myself it will be pretty much what you have and extremely costly, like yours! And I really never set out to get another pendant!

Yikes!!! Pricescope does enable!

Deb
34.gif
I hear you about champagne tastes, but I''ll let you in on a little secret...promise not to tell though cause I don''t want the word to get out then too many people will want them....
12.gif
11.gif
27.gif

J SI2!!!!! NO FLURO......face up white as can be!!!

ASK 30991.JPG

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
On Alj''s neck...still eye clean and face up white!!!

ASK 30631.JPG

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
Ok sorry last one, in Alj''s palm. As you can see she took these pics not me!

ASK 30901.JPG

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/17/2007 11:36:53 PM
I hear you about champagne tastes, but I''ll let you in on a little secret...promise not to tell though cause I don''t want the word to get out then too many people will want them....
12.gif
11.gif
27.gif

J SI2!!!!! NO FLURO......face up white as can be!!!

That is unbelievable. Truly. Especially when one sees the shots of the piece looking icy white against Al''s pink skin! It is absolutely gorgeous. Congratulations on owning a beauty!

Deb
34.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results