color
clarity

Part of Melania Trump's Speech Lifted From Michelle Obama's

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Part of Melania Trump's Speech Lifted From Michelle Obam

VRBeauty|1468989490|4057465 said:
The thing about being FL is that she gets to define she'll get to define that role in pretty much any way that she wants to define it. Add the fact that it's so easy to check the truth in something like this... the whole thing baffling. Personally I think it's just more evidence that the Trump campaign is more about his ego than anything else.

Absolutely. Yesterday I was listening to my favorite political radio station and heard a woman whom I respect commenting on Donald Trump's angry reaction to the flap over Melania's speech. She began by saying something to the effect of, "Donald cares so much about Melania and is so protective of her that..." and went on to explain his rage over the brouhaha about the speech.

I thought, instantly, "You are way off this time!" I wished I could have spoken to her at that moment face-to-face to explain Donald Trump. He doesn't care that much about Melania. He cares about himself and his own image. I thought of a joke my brother had just heard during the convention. Someone famous apparently said that Donald Trump was saving the box Melania came in so that he could return her when she turned 50. Now that is the Donald Trump I know relating to his wives. He even speculates publicly about having sex with his own daughter. He is unbelievably self-centered. Everything is about him; he cannot spare a thought for anyone else.

AGBF

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock

It's true that the Trump campaign seems seriously lacking in organization. They have made it this far without political professionalism, but can they continue in that vein and find success? Not likely, but It's early. They might catch up, considering that HRC is such an amazingly poor candidate.
I still say this faux controversy is still alive in the media, and maybe here, because too many don't want to discuss other speeches.

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock

Donald Jr plagiarized Buckley? No policy discussions this week.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium

AnnaH|1469020610|4057528 said:
It's true that the Trump campaign seems seriously lacking in organization. They have made it this far without political professionalism, but can they continue in that vein and find success? Not likely, but It's early. They might catch up, considering that HRC is such an amazingly poor candidate.
I still say this faux controversy is still alive in the media, and maybe here, because too many don't want to discuss other speeches.

This is my personal thinking:

If I want to compartmentalize, I can call this a "faux controversy." I am terrible at compartmentalizing. I have fantastic peripheral vision. I see the broader picture when many refuse. When looking at the bigger picture, the sophomoric and blatant -- in our faces plagiarism is just another slap in the face to the American People. It is the Trump campaign saying "we can do whatever the hell we want and you people:

will still vote for us
will love us anyway
will be too stupid to notice
will not care
will think we're great for it
will be too stupid to care
will be too stupid to........
will be too stupid to........
will be too stupid to........"

because that is how Trump views everyone else. He thinks he is the most intelligent person who has graced this earth and the American people are his sheep. He is proving it with his campaign.

I think it is very dangerous to compartmentalize with Trump's campaign. Everything he does, everything that is done with his campaign should be looked at as part of a bigger picture.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium

House Cat|1469020034|4057524 said:

He looks so much different in this photo than in the one where he's holding up an elephant tail. I had to google to see if this was the same big game hunter son (I don't know how many there, but apparently, at least two.) Sick monster.

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock

HC, not saying you get all your news from the Daily Show or FB (not even what I think), but I understand that many young people do so. That's a problem.
As to Melania's speech, when is enough enough? There are more important issues regarding this point in time.
That said, you can discuss whatever you want. As far as I know, you aren't a newscaster. The talking heads need to move on.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am FAR more concerned about a candidate for the highest office who has - per the FBI - questionable technological sophistication and poor judgement in her decision making, than I am about the son of another candidate who LEGALLY hunts.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

AGBF|1469013897|4057507 said:
Absolutely. Yesterday I was listening to my favorite political radio station and heard a woman whom I respect commenting on Donald Trump's angry reaction to the flap over Melania's speech. She began by saying something to the effect of, "Donald cares so much about Melania and is so protective of her that..." and went on to explain his rage over the brouhaha about the speech.

AGBF
Rush Limbaugh??... :bigsmile:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

NonieMarie|1468972728|4057372 said:
Unless you are super right wing conservative, I don't think you need to worry. I believe Clinton is more moderate than she is portrayed. Anyone that she would nominate would have to be approved by Congress. I am somewhat liberal and it frightens me that my values would not be represented, too. I've always thought that the perfect SCOTUS make up would be 2 far right, 2 far left and 5 moderates. I think that would be a better representation of the country.
That's what I'm hoping for IF she becomes the POTUS. She can now move more towards the center since Sanders is out of the picture. Sanders pushed her too far left... :knockout:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

JoCoJenn|1469026613|4057557 said:
I am FAR more concerned about a candidate for the highest office who has - per the FBI - questionable technological sophistication and poor judgement in her decision making, than I am about the son of another candidate who LEGALLY hunts.

To each his own, I take GREAT exception to legally hunting endangered species.. just call me a person who wishes that in the future kids will still be able to see lions, panthers.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2114122/Donald-Eric-Trump-pictured-posing-trophy-carcasses-big-African-hunt.html

I find this offensive, legal or not. I'm a person for the ethical treatment of animals and don't condone the hunting of exotic animals. Killing of exotic animals for sport is abhorrent and should be illegal, culling deer, or wolves, coyotes and eating the animal while not something I like, if a person is eating their 'kill' and the animals would starve to death anyway that I find more humane, killing a lion is not humane to me.

As a computer professional for over 30 years at IBM it didn't bother me about her server set up.. she wasn't hacked. After 30 years of her being attacked by republicans and I can give her some slack. When she had her system set up, it was legal, all hubris and anger aside, she was not charged, except in the court of Clinton dislikers..

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

A letter of apology

13782072_10154280878452808_7144305748851299504_n.jpg

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Great gesture on her part. This will affect her career in a negative way going forward and she knew that. I hope Trump appreciates it.

Thank you for posting.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I don't believe a word of that so it means nothing to me.

Someone finally reminded them of scapegoats, that's all

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sounds made up to me. If this is true, and I have my doubts, then she should resign and move on.. I agree her career will be hurt for a while.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I guess I just don't see negative in everything. Except for Hillary :lol:

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

Niel|1469054758|4057718 said:

It means nothing to me either because I have no feelings about it one way or the other. I suppose the explanation is plausible but in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter if it's the truth or a lie (to me anyway).
I only posted it because it was an update relevant to this thread.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I guess I don't see the negative in everything either, except for: Cruz, Trump, Rubio, Bush, Reagan, Bush, Nixon hey I liked Ford a bit, Goldwater, like I said, it's all in your bias.

:lol: :dance:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hmm. So much for having "great people" working for him.

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock

Niel|1469054758|4057718 said:

Yup. After all, didn't Melania claim she writes her own speeches?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results