Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Part of Melania Trump's Speech Lifted From Michelle Obam

Melania Trump's speech writers:

13709882_10153566551431470_8224467746196806849_n.jpg

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

I didn't watch the speech, but I saw bits and pieces from it. In regards to the speech, I think that both parties will nit-pick at pretty much everything, so it doesn't affect me one way or the other. I guess that I'm just at the point where I'm tuning it all out in an effort to protect my sanity :D

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium

soxfan|1468937358|4057089 said:
Melanie Trump's speech writers:

Now THAT is funny!

And, good call, Momhappy! Truth is, I've been avoiding all along, and just now starting to tune in . . . yikes!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I guess I just can't get all worked up about a speech by Melania. The media and both sides will dig up anything to sling at this point.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

^I hear ya' Loves Vintage - truth is, I was very passionate about politics, but it got to be so horribly frustrating, that I just had to take a step back. I am coming to terms with the fact that it's okay to let go of something that you have absolutely no control over. I think that no matter what the outcome (of the election), the country has survived much worse and it will all be okay.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Let me surprise any of you who give a darn what I say: I haven't read any of the articles about this issue. I agree that it is petty. I do not care upon whose speech Melania's speech was modeled. The poor woman couldn't very well write her own speech, after all. English isn't even her first language. So someone else gave her a bum speech. (Not that Michelle Obama's speech was bad; I don't recall it. "Bum" because it was, apparently, copied.)

What I care about is electing a sociopath. I don't want to do it. So I don't want to elect Melania's husband.

AGBF

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

True!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

redwood66|1468937965|4057093 said:
I guess I just can't get all worked up about a speech by Melania. The media and both sides will dig up anything to sling at this point.

Dig up? She blasted it across FOX and social media everywhere, it doesn't bother me, she married the guy, what bothers me is Clinton is painted by Trump as a liar and a cheat and his wife is lying and she cheated.

We cannot hold up Trump and his many wives to a different standard then we hold the Clinton's to.

:think: :think:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Tekate|1468938909|4057098 said:
redwood66|1468937965|4057093 said:

Dig up? She blasted it across FOX and social media everywhere, it doesn't bother me, she married the guy, what bothers me is Clinton is painted by Trump as a liar and a cheat and his wife is lying and she cheated.

We cannot hold up Trump and his many wives to a different standard then we hold the Clinton's to.

:think: :think:

Whoa. I just said both sides and I am not sure what you are talking about. I mean its not like she lied about national security or anything. It was two sentences that both of the women are trying to convey the same idea about their upbringing. Of course we should be all up in arms with pitchforks!!! :lol: ;))

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Mrs. Trump also (on her official website http://www.melaniatrump.com/my-world/biography/) claims to have earned a degree in architecture and design at "University in Slovenia" even though she dropped out after freshman year. Oh, little nit-picky details. Are they really important when you are as HOOOTTTT as Melania? :lol:

sox fan, hahaha - poor Milli Vanilli. They were of a time when faking it while looking pretty was considered shameful!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Whoa! that was my take on your saying digging up... No one dug up anything on Mrs Trump, she spoke it, so it's not digging.. yes you said both sides. Also Clinton never lied on national security that is another lie thought up by the right winged nutjobs.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Tekate|1468940217|4057107 said:
Clinton never lied on national security

We'll agree to disagree on this for sure.

Did anyone watch the whole speech or just bits shown by the media?

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ok, this is the best thing I have seen today!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

E B

Ideal_Rock

redwood66|1468940757|4057112 said:

Surely you're planning to take this information of yours to the FBI, right? Because Comey would be more than happy to receive it.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

E B|1468941138|4057115 said:

Surely you're planning to take this information of yours to the FBI, right? Because Comey would be more than happy to receive it.

Possibly compromising classified information has nothing to do with national security right?

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock

Meh. I'm not a Trump fan at all, but the bit that was apparently copied is so generic she could have copied it from just about anyone. Pretty sure we've all heard some version of this at least a dozen times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E B

Ideal_Rock

redwood66 said:
Whoa. I just said both sides and I am not sure what you are talking about. I mean its not like she lied about national security or anything. It was two sentences that both of the women are trying to convey the same idea about their upbringing. Of course we should be all up in arms with pitchforks!!! :lol: ;))

redwood66|1468941331|4057117 said:

Possibly compromising classified information has nothing to do with national security right?

Is that what I said? It isn't what you said, either.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

E B|1468941512|4057120 said:
redwood66 said:

redwood66|1468941331|4057117 said:

Is that what I said? It isn't what you said, either.

And? Take my comments how you wish. My opinion is that I am not going to get in a twist over this speech.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm posting this for humor! This campaign is hiring hacks!

Wonder what they paid the speech writer? $500? A high school senior could have done better!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

And? Take my comments how you wish. My opinion is that I am not going to get in a twist over this speech.

I wouldn't expect you to, you have identified yourself as a conservative and Mrs Trump is the spouse of your supported candidate (unless you are voting Green or libertarian, and if you are, kudos to you).

People get into 'a twist' when they see and hear what they perceive to be a hypocrite, by that I mean someone who completes an act that they complain about in another.

My take on it the whole thing is that no one even bothered to check her speech and now they have to suffer through the embarrassemnt of hearing through the whole convention that Mrs Trump supports Mrs Obama's ideas.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Loves Vintage|1468943721|4057139 said:
House Cat|1468942200|4057128 said:

Wonder what they paid the speech writer? $500? A high school senior could have done better!

I'm guessing that speech writer is not getting paid!

http://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-trumps-business-plan-left-a-trail-of-unpaid-bills-1465504454
Sometimes I wonder if he is just trying to see how far he can push things...

As if this is all a big experiment to see how badly he can behave and get away with it. Doesn't it seem like it? Like, he can't be serious?

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Maria D|1468939344|4057103 said:
Mrs. Trump also (on her official website http://www.melaniatrump.com/my-world/biography/) claims to have earned a degree in architecture and design at "University in Slovenia" even though she dropped out after freshman year. Oh, little nit-picky details. Are they really important when you are as HOOOTTTT as Melania? :lol:

sox fan, hahaha - poor Milli Vanilli. They were of a time when faking it while looking pretty was considered shameful!
Girl you know it's true!!!

Now I have the song stuck in my head.....

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

"possibly compromising on national security"

there is that squiggly word - she's convicted on 'possibly'.. I worked in the software computer business for many years, her server was pretty secure, but that is just my word after years of working at IBM.. there is no proof she compromised national security, there is no proof anything was hacked, she 'lied' about having classified documents on her server.. She shouldn't have done it, she didn't know many of the documents were top secret, but she didn't break the law.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillary_Clinton_email_controversy

If this were Condoleeza Rice, or Colin Powell you may think differently.

Does this show she was imperalistic? yeah somewhat, but it also shows me she wanted to be super secure and at the time she didn't think it was illegal.

If those are reasons for people to not vote for Clinton, those are their reasons, my reasons for not supporting Trump are manyfold but fall into the category of fear that he is way too reactionary and has a temper problem, he's been married too many times and he demeans women, he's a liar, he cheated many people out of money with his bogus (imho) Trump University scam. I don't want a reality tv star, a guy who has zero respect for women as president. Your mileage will vary (and it most probably does).. that is why we have a party system and if Trump is elected President, as far as I can, I will support him.. right or wrong if he get's enough electoral votes to win, he deserves the presidency (I hope not though).

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium

House Cat|1468944843|4057149 said:
Loves Vintage|1468943721|4057139 said:
House Cat|1468942200|4057128 said:

I'm guessing that speech writer is not getting paid!

http://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-trumps-business-plan-left-a-trail-of-unpaid-bills-1465504454
Sometimes I wonder if he is just trying to see how far he can push things...

As if this is all a big experiment to see how badly he can behave and get away with it. Doesn't it seem like it? Like, he can't be serious?

Absolutely, yes, it does seem that way, but then it never stops. It just keeps cycling. No -- ok, just joking!!

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Tekate|1468945038|4057154 said:
"possibly compromising on national security"

there is that squiggly word - she's convicted on 'possibly'.. I worked in the software computer business for many years, her server was pretty secure, but that is just my word after years of working at IBM.. there is no proof she compromised national security, there is no proof anything was hacked, she 'lied' about having classified documents on her server.. She shouldn't have done it, she didn't know many of the documents were top secret, but she didn't break the law.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillary_Clinton_email_controversy

If this were Condoleeza Rice, or Colin Powell you may think differently.

Does this show she was imperalistic? yeah somewhat, but it also shows me she wanted to be super secure and at the time she didn't think it was illegal.

If those are reasons for people to not vote for Clinton, those are their reasons, my reasons for not supporting Trump are manyfold but fall into the category of fear that he is way too reactionary and has a temper problem, he's been married too many times and he demeans women, he's a liar, he cheated many people out of money with his bogus (imho) Trump University scam. I don't want a reality tv star, a guy who has zero respect for women as president. Your mileage will vary (and it most probably does).. that is why we have a party system and if Trump is elected President, as far as I can, I will support him.. right or wrong if he get's enough electoral votes to win, he deserves the presidency (I hope not though).
Right now there are two people trying to read all of Donald Trump's lawsuits in under 4 hours...all 5,500 of them.

Reactionary is a good word.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

The similarities are so striking that it's clearly plagiarism. And there are all those contradictions about the extent to which she wrote the speech. That said, I'm much more concerned about the things coming out of the presumptive nominee's mouth than I am about his wife's speech.

Or maybe I just got trumped with a "woman card." :lol: :twisted:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results