shape
carat
color
clarity

Paraiba Tourmaline Q

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Satine - that''s a very pretty minty tourmaline. It''s not a paraiba tourmaline however even if it has copper in it. Therefore, it is overpriced BUT don''t pull the trigger and do anything just yet. Your expectations were clearly VERY high and this is clouding your thought process now. You expected electric blue to come flying out of the envelope and instead got minty toothpaste green. How you''re feeling now is natural. It''s disappointment. So just sleep on it and then go back and have a look at it again. If you still aren''t happy then ...........

How did the Vendor describe the clarity of the stone? If I''m reading your posts correctly you have two areas of complaint (1) the colour doesn''t match the photo and (2) the presence of the black inclusion. So on that basis, just contact the seller and say you are very disappointed and that you want (a) a full refund or (b) if you want to keep the stone, a partial refund. See what he says - you''ve got nothing to lose and it''s not being confrontational it''s just being honest (which is more than he''s been with that ridiculous photo). If the inclusion is obvious then I would send it back because your eye will be drawn to it always.

If you''re tempted to buy again, post the selling photo first. We could have saved you from buying that one. However, that''s for the future and it''s useless looking back isn''t it? You live and learn when buying gemstones I''m afraid.
8.gif

Ok, now please stop shopping on Ebay. I had a look when you posted and trust me, there was only one stone that I would have considered and the price was very very high with a very very high reserve also (which indicates the quality). It also had a ton of bids on it! For the money you''re spending you won''t get a Paraiba Tourmaline. You''ll get a pretty Cuprian Tourmaline (like Rockhugger''s new lot).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results