shape
carat
color
clarity

OUCH.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had a severe reaction to the anesthetic I was given on Saturday while my bonding was taken off my top 8 teeth. I have a temporary set that I have to wear for the next 2 weeks. Here''s the deal, I am swollen like Alvin the chipmunk. I am in agony. I saw my dentist yesterday, he said it was the worst case he has ever seen.
6.gif
He gave me an Antibiotic, in case it''s an infection. But doesn''t think it is. He took Xrays and the teeth look great. So it must have been the multiple shots I got with the Novacaine. Which is a new type and haven''t had that before. My body reacted to it terribly. So today they put me on Prednisone to help the swelling. I was given a pain killer but it ain''t helping.
14.gif
I can''t take anything with Codeine as it gives me a horrible migraine. I found this out when I was 13 and broke my arm. The pain of the migraine was worse than the pain of my broken arm!!!!
32.gif

So does anyone know of a pain killer that can help me?? I called my Pharmacy and they suggested Ultram?? Many times people get upset with posters that solicit medical advice on here. BUT I am under a
Dentist''s care and am doing all the right things.
12.gif
If you know of anything that will help the pain, please let me know.
I have ice on my face, and will have a great smile once I can smile. LOL. UGHHHHH
39.gif
Lisa

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t have a clue what you can take for pain other than motrin
40.gif
but I wanted to send hugs your way and I''m praying for a quick and speedy recovery
1.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Clueless here but wishing and hoping you get through this ASAP and the pain goes away!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
K, I had a feeling you would need the steroid to reduce the swelling...what about some type of antihistamine or something?

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I''m no help either, but I''m sorry you are having to go through all this and I wish you a speedy recovery!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks mrssalvo, FG ,DF and sundial.
1.gif
I don't need benadryl as I am on Prednisone. I hope belle sees this.

3hearts

Shiny_Rock
Kaleigh you poor thing, I totally feel your pain. I take benadryl for swelling, it knocks me out but helps stop the swellig - for me anyways. what kind of pain killer did he give you? mine gave me vicodin.

4th of July was the last time I ate anything solid, because my lower left jaw hurts when I chew. by Wednesday night, I looked like I had stashed an easter egg on my lower left jaw, right underneath my earlob. went to doctors on thursday and she gave me 500mg of penicillin, plus vicodin for the pain. i didn''t take the vicodin because coworkers said it makes you loopy and i don''t like feeling loopy. dentist didn''t see anything in the xrays, so off to oral surgeon who didn''t see anything either, said it might be a salivary gland infection, got more vicodin prescribed and 500mg of amoxycillin. i got tired of the liquid diet and ate chicken in pain on sunday. surgeon said to do warm compresses on your face which has helped.

i haven''t tried ultram, so i can''t help there, but try warm compresses and alternate with the cold compress. good luck and help you feel better soon.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Kaleigh, you POOR BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have taken Ultram (Tramadol.) Worked for me. I don''t have the history of a bad reaction to coedeine, but if they said it shoudn''t react badly w/ you than I''d do it. I liked it better than vicodin, actually. Less tummy upset.

So sorry to hear about this!!!!! I owe you an e-mail--have been crazed. HANG IN THERE!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my 3hearts, you poor thing. I think mouth pain is the worst. I hope you feel better soon!!!

Blueroses, Hi sweetie. Thanks for the kind words. I hope you are having fun on your tour, send me an email when you can. Miss you!!!
13.gif

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no, poor Kaleigh... mouth pain really is the worst!! I am certainly not a doctor, but I know that when I had my tonsils out a few years ago, I had a lot of success with Oxycontin for severe pain-relief. Would that be a possibility for you?

Good luck and lots of healing vibes!!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2006 9:44:10 PM
Author: ephemery1
Oh no, poor Kaleigh... mouth pain really is the worst!! I am certainly not a doctor, but I know that when I had my tonsils out a few years ago, I had a lot of success with Oxycontin for severe pain-relief. Would that be a possibility for you?

Good luck and lots of healing vibes!!!!
Having tonsils removed when you''re older is a major deal. I had mine taken out at 16 and can still remember the pain. I''ll ask my dentist about Oxycontin. I am not familiar with many of these pain killers. All I know is, I give up!!!! Makes me wish I never did this in the first place. But the porcelain veneers will be pretty, so guess it will be worth all this pain.
20.gif

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry! I don''t have any suggestions--if you can''t take codeine you probably can''t take any opiates--but owwwwww!!!! Hope you feel better ASAP.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
emlove.gif
emrose.gif
Kaleigh
emrose.gif
emlove.gif

So sorry you''re suffering.
That''s the last thing you need in your life.

I hope you find some fast relief!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2006 10:47:44 PM
Author: rainbowtrout
I''m so sorry! I don''t have any suggestions--if you can''t take codeine you probably can''t take any opiates--but owwwwww!!!! Hope you feel better ASAP.
Thanks rainbowtrout. I heard that the Ultram will be ok for me and will ask for it tomorrow.

Hahaha Nan ya got that right. Had enough already. Peace out woman!!!!
13.gif

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Oh Lisa that is horrible!!!! I wish I had some advice to offer but I can send you my very best wishes for a speedy recovery and a big bouquet of
emrose.gif
emrose.gif
emrose.gif
!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2006 11:31:37 PM
Author: hlmr
Oh Lisa that is horrible!!!! I wish I had some advice to offer but I can send you my very best wishes for a speedy recovery and a big bouquet of
emrose.gif
emrose.gif
emrose.gif
!!
Thanks Heather. I am behind on taking care of me since Nanny died. I have a whole to do list, none of which are fun. I can hear her say, why that Dentist must have a screw loose. Why I've never heard of such a thing. Oh, god bless her.
12.gif

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2006 11:49:36 PM
Author: Kaleigh

emrose.gif
emrose.gif
emrose.gif
!!
Thanks Heather. I am behind on taking care of me since Nanny died. I have a whole to do list, none of which are fun. I can hear her say, why that Dentist must have a screw loose. Why I''ve never heard of such a thing. Oh, god bless her.
12.gif
I''m sure Nanny would want you to take care of yourself first and foremost before tackling that list!! You must miss her so.
7.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2006 11:53:56 PM

emrose.gif
emrose.gif
emrose.gif
!!
Thanks Heather. I am behind on taking care of me since Nanny died. I have a whole to do list, none of which are fun. I can hear her say, why that Dentist must have a screw loose. Why I''ve never heard of such a thing. Oh, god bless her.
12.gif
I''m sure Nanny would want you to take care of yourself first and foremost before tackling that list!! You must miss her so.
7.gif
My to do list means stuff I have to do for me. Gyno, GP, and Dentist. Not a to do list like work around the house. Oh that kind of stuff, is way on the back burner...
2.gif
And I found a wonderful counselor who understands my kind of loss. Sorry I wasn''t more clear....

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hugs Kaleigh! You poor thing, that sounds awful!! I hope you find some relief soon. It''s surprising that we don''t have more MDs on this board who could help advise.

"Beauty is pain," isn''t it?
2.gif
Hang in there, sweets.

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
You poor thing!!!
emsad.gif
I know that my MIL uses Loratab for her pain associated with the swelling in her knees. I would also suggest to talk to your doctor about Percicet, which is pretty heavy but maybe that is what you need. My daughter had complications with her wisdom teeth and they gave her a morphine elixir of sorts, but I do not remember the name. I know she was in horrendous pain and her stomach could not handle the codiene either.

Sorry I can''t help more!
emembarrassed.gif

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Ouch Kaleigh, dental work is the worst pain ever! Try Vicodin. That''s all I took when I had my wisdom teeth taken out, and I didn''t feel a thing other than a slight ache. If Vicodin isn''t strong enough, request Percocet. I don''t know if those have codeine in them though. I hope you feel better soon!

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Lisa ~
emrose.gif
emhug.gif
emhug2.gif
emrose.gif

Oh dear
6.gif
! I can't even imagine the pain ... Nope ... don't do teeth very well ... Uuugh
14.gif
!

I do hope that the Tramdal (Ultram) will work for you! It is a type of pain killer that Dr's can prescribe to treat short term (5 days) pain. Be sure to let your doctor know about codeine ... and your migraines, Ultram might not be your best choice, but only your Dr. will know. Also, Ultram shouldn't be taken with other types of med's ... be sure that your PCP or the Dr. who will be filling the prescription knows all the meds you take, even over the counter. Sometimes people have side effects like constipation, esp. in those that get it w/ codeine or vicodin.

Yikes ... I take (Ultracet = utlram w/ tylenol) when I have kidney stones and can't take the vicodin because I have to work or drive ... It does help me to take the edge off ... but I don't know about dental pain ... man, that stinks!
39.gif
I'm thinking if it were me, I'd be asking for a big club and just whack me over the head until it's all over and done with!

Big hugs and hope your pain level goes down fast! Does warm or cold compresses feel better for you?

Take care, and sending a prayer
12.gif
for healing!
35.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Lisa
15.gif
I am so sorry you are going through this. I hope you feel better soon
35.gif
Tramadol is a good painkiller, hopefully that won't upset things for you

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/11/2006 12:53:35 AM

Date: 7/10/2006 11:53:56 PM

emrose.gif
emrose.gif
emrose.gif
!!
Thanks Heather. I am behind on taking care of me since Nanny died. I have a whole to do list, none of which are fun. I can hear her say, why that Dentist must have a screw loose. Why I've never heard of such a thing. Oh, god bless her.
12.gif
I'm sure Nanny would want you to take care of yourself first and foremost before tackling that list!! You must miss her so.
7.gif
My to do list means stuff I have to do for me. Gyno, GP, and Dentist. Not a to do list like work around the house. Oh that kind of stuff, is way on the back burner...
2.gif
And I found a wonderful counselor who understands my kind of loss. Sorry I wasn't more clear....
Oh, now I know what you mean about the list not being too fun! I am glad you found a great counselor to help you work through your feelings and loss. That is a smart and very important thing to do for yourself.
1.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Ouch" is right! I hope your swelling and pain go away soon. You poor thing... !

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m sorry you''re having this trouble and I hope it goes quickly.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Aww, honey, I''m so sorry. I don''t have any advice to offer, but am sending you a big cyber hug & hope you feel better soon...
emhug.gif
emhug2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys!!! I feel much better. I woke up this morning and the swelling has gone way down, YAY!! I won''t need any pain medicine thank god. The inside of my mouth is very sore but that will heal in a few days. I am glad I can go out in public now and not look like a freak, LOL!!!!
31.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Oh Lisa, I''m so glad you are feeling better!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad to hear you''re feeling better Lisa!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results