shape
carat
color
clarity

Ouch, that hurts.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oy I am sorry. More than once I was happily sitting with a content purring kitty on my lap only to get mauled when they became (so easily) startled...be it a doorbell or falling leaf. :lol:

I know you get it. Cats can be strange little creatures who are way too easily startled. :???:
I think they all need adrenal support. :lol:

catsandsneezing.jpg

Hope you heal(ed) fast @stracci2000!

Haha!
Yes, I healed OK!
I couldn't blame him. It's actually very quiet, yet he was still suspicious of this new thing making low swishing sounds. Barely audible to me, but maybe loud and vibrating to him with his big cat ears.........
Meanwhile, I love it!

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
I am sorry. That hurts. :(
Can you try rinsing/gargling with salt water or mouthwash even?
Great minds think alike - that’s exactly what I did. It settled down a bit, and so far, so good!

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
This is for all you who bite your lip/cheek or get cold sores in the mouth or on the lips.

I often bite the inside of my mouth at the lip or cheek.
The injury site would swell ... leading of course to biting again and again. :angryfire:OUCH!:angryfire:
Because of all the re-biting, some would last for weeks.

40 years ago my dentist prescribed Kenalog (Brand name) in Orabase and demonstrated how to use it.
I've never been without it since.
Works like a charm, but only after you get the hang of how to use it.
For me the generics work as well as the name brand.
The name of the medication itself is Triamcinolone Acetonide Dental Paste USP, 0.1%.

For the gel to do its job it must do 2 things - which it can't do unless you learn how to apply it correctly:
1. stick to the sore
2. not be rubbed away by movement of teeth, gums, tongue, lips, inside of cheek.

To get it to stick to the sore:
You need to apply it to the sore when the sore is clean and dry.
Here's how to clean and dry the sore without making it worse:
Clean hands
Roll (yes roll not rub) a clean new Q-tip over the sore to dry the saliva and remove some of the white coating off the sore.
Repeat once.

Apply a tiny dollip of Kenalog to the tip of your clean pinkie.
Don't rub, just dab the gel gently onto the dried sore once or twice.
If you rub it the gel will turn grainy and just crumble rub off.

Kenalog.png

With a hair dryer on COLD and SLOW setting blow sore till dry, maybe 45 seconds.
Then (without letting anything touch sore) wet the sore gently with water.
Now you're done.
Don't poke or explore it with your tongue; try to ignore it.

If the sore is on the outside of a lip use chapstick/lip balm instead of water to prevent the other lip lifting away the gel.

Do this after breakfast and before bed as long as needed (only 1 or 2 days for me).

I know, it sounds like a complicated hassle, but with practice it takes less than a minute.
Most importantly if I start doing this immediately after the injury the sore will have completely vanished by the next morning.
The longer I wait to start the process the longer it takes to heal.

Thank you! My SIL is a dentist. I’ll see if she’ll give me an rx!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can beat you on that.......9.4oz 22inches long with a head circumference of 171/2 inches:o
No wonder I had a forceps delivery. Back then we had no epidurals.

They were trying to foist an epidural on me, but I refused. My DH was 10lbs 2oz when he was born, but his mother was a big woman, unlike me, I was only 7st 10lbs when I got pregnant, and hardly put on any weight at all, everyone, including me, was astonished that DS was so big. I’m so glad I managed to chug out DS without needing any intervention, the thought of forceps :-o

April20

Ideal_Rock
I hit my right wrist last week and managed to give myself a huge bruise. It's in a spot that just hurts! And this was just a couple days after I slept wrong and couldn't raise my right arm above my head without crazy pain in my shoulder. That lasted for two days. I'm over here wondering when I crossed over to getting injuries while sleeping.

Not recent, but last November I was reinstalling a car seat in our mini van and trying to get a tight install. I was standing over the seat in the van and was attempting to catch the anchor with the latch and was rocking myself forward to pull since I had shortened the strap. I missed the anchor but my momentum didn't stop and I fell head first out of the car and onto the concrete floor of the garage. I managed to break my fall with my elbow. It turned purple. I got an x-ray at urgent care and the doctor said it looked "beautiful". I'm pretty sure he missed a small chip or crack because it hurt for months and sometimes still hurts if I bump it on something in the wrong spot.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Aww puppies are so adorable but yeah they can play rough when they are little. Please hug him from me. Nothing is better than a sweet playful puppy.:love:

Aww feel better soon Sharon. Sending healing hugs your way. XO.

Same. To all of it. Healing vibes.

Ouchie Sarah. I am sorry. Hugs to you. And hope it is almost all better.

We have that in common too. At least once a day despite being careful and yes to not being graceful. But at least we don't give up. :lol:

Continued healing hugs to you sweet friend. With each week you get closer to where you want to be. XO.

Thank you Missy, I'd like to crown you the PS 'Queen of Kindness'! Well deserved & quite fitting!

It is better, but still a bit sore. With my MS, I am more numb in that hand than the other--was in hurry, & here we are. & since I don't like chopping with dull knives, we keep them sharp. And so it goes....

I hope you are enjoying your summer, and all the kitties are doing well!!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A funny but not recent eating ouch was when I once swallowed a fishbone. Fresh steamed fish is one of my favorite foods. So I knew of and tried all the usual remedies to get it unstuck (ball of rice, wad of bread)...no luck. Not wanting to go to the emergency room over the weekend, I decided to "wait and hope it would dislodge on it's own". Crazy in hindsight as it it hurt so much to even swallow.

Monday, I called my primary care who told me that he couldn't do anything and I had to go to the emergency room. The ER couldn't see it so then tried going through my nose. When they still couldn't find it, they thought maybe it was just healing pain. But I insisted it was still there so they admitted me for an endoscopic procedure. It ended up being an almost 2 inch boned stuck in my esophagus :-o (They said it was good it didn't dislodge as it could've caused perforated and organ and caused more damage)

Sorry for everyone's ouches (knock on one, I haven't had any recently) and hope you all heal soon!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! My SIL is a dentist. I’ll see if she’ll give me an rx!

While a dentist will have more experience with oral issues, my primary care physician has prescribed Kenalog for me for decades.
All I had to do was explain a dentist first prescribed it, why I need it, and how often I use it.

FWIW I use it for 2 or 3 days, maybe 6 times a year.
The tubes expire long before their expiration dates so I get a new one.

Good luck.

Last edited:

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OMG @lilmosun that's crazy - and scary! Good thing you were persistent!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A funny but not recent eating ouch was when I once swallowed a fishbone. Fresh steamed fish is one of my favorite foods. So I knew of and tried all the usual remedies to get it unstuck (ball of rice, wad of bread)...no luck. Not wanting to go to the emergency room over the weekend, I decided to "wait and hope it would dislodge on it's own". Crazy in hindsight as it it hurt so much to even swallow.

Monday, I called my primary care who told me that he couldn't do anything and I had to go to the emergency room. The ER couldn't see it so then tried going through my nose. When they still couldn't find it, they thought maybe it was just healing pain. But I insisted it was still there so they admitted me for an endoscopic procedure. It ended up being an almost 2 inch boned stuck in my esophagus :-o (They said it was good it didn't dislodge as it could've caused perforated and organ and caused more damage)

Sorry for everyone's ouches (knock on one, I haven't had any recently) and hope you all heal soon!

Oh my goodness, that must have been scary. Glad you had competent doctors who were able to take good care of you!

It is better, but still a bit sore. With my MS, I am more numb in that hand than the other--was in hurry, & here we are. & since I don't like chopping with dull knives, we keep them sharp. And so it goes....

I hope you are enjoying your summer, and all the kitties are doing well!!

Thank you Sarah. I am glad you are healing and sending you big hugs. Summer is going well so far. Just too many doctor visits etc but it's OK. One day at a time and focusing on the good. Hope you are having an enjoyable summer too.

So basically, we're all a mess. :lol-2:

Haha I can only speak for my friends and me and I would say for many of us, yup. Our good friend had an accident 2 days before the July 4th holiday where he fell off a ladder (cleaning the gutters of the roof) and broke his shoulder. Oof. Anyway he was in the hospital for a full week as he broke his shoulder (and cracked a few vertebrae too) and now he is in rehab. He sent us photos of the metal in his body and wanted to compare the metal I have in my body. Guess who won? Haha yeah we know how to have fun. :lol:

Our friend's X-rays.
brokenshoulderjoe.png

My x-rays.
brokenlegmissy.png

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger, right? We both have bionic body parts. :)

Stay safe out there everyone.

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
They were trying to foist an epidural on me, but I refused. My DH was 10lbs 2oz when he was born, but his mother was a big woman, unlike me, I was only 7st 10lbs when I got pregnant, and hardly put on any weight at all, everyone, including me, was astonished that DS was so big. I’m so glad I managed to chug out DS without needing any intervention, the thought of forceps :-o

I was 8st when I fell pregnant & went up to 11st just before delivery. I had 25 stitches:eek-2:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Planted three rose bushes yesterday. Roses were half off and I each big rose bush for $10. One has beautiful Pad colored flowers. Felt a couple of ouchies, nothing big then looked down and my left arm was bleeding pretty bad. I have very prominent veins and one thorn got me good smack dab on the biggest of them.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bean the puppy is kind of rough and keeps biting me when he is excited. Hopefully, he will be calmer soon enough.

DK :))

I loved the puppy bites..Thank goodness it didn’t last long because my fingers became Swiss cheese..haha

peachster

Rough_Rock
Finger started to hurt terribly overnight. Went to the ER and they said it was an internal infection. I asked if they had looked at the X-rays they took as part of intake - the doc admitted she hadn’t and found upon reviewing them that the finger was broken, and a bone chip on the side. Nothing is taking edge off the pain so far - why does it hurt so badly? Looking forward to tomorrow and hoping a new day means improvement! This sucks.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Not too funny and hope you are on the mend.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dear lordy lord! Hats off to you both @Made in London and @Austina!!! My first was 4.91kgs (10lb 13oz) and he was an emergency caesarean post 20 hour labour, due to his pumpkin head getting stuck. I can't imagine the mischief he would have gotten into *down there* had I delivered vaginally! But I still love fatty boombah babies :kiss2:

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope everyone is recovering from their injuries and is pain free! What a time you've all had!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ive put my neck out
Gary said my pillow didn't look right the night before last
I felt fine initially when i woke up but getting out of a chair is a killer as is rolling over in bed and sometimes just walking around
ive only had this once before
Oddly hamgung out the washing doesn't hurt but just about everything else does

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dear lordy lord! Hats off to you both @Made in London and @Austina!!! My first was 4.91kgs (10lb 13oz) and he was an emergency caesarean post 20 hour labour, due to his pumpkin head getting stuck. I can't imagine the mischief he would have gotten into *down there* had I delivered vaginally! But I still love fatty boombah babies :kiss2:

OHMIGOD fatty boomba babies! That expression is new to me but SOOOOOO funny. Well not funny at the time of delivery.....but you KWIM! :wavey:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol: Love that expression @Dandi, we always referred to DS as the Michelin Man, he was just rings of pudding from neck to toes. When the midwife called after I’d been discharged from hospital, she said I must’ve been a really good pusher because he had a lovely shaped head, rather than a misshapen one that she seen so often. It won’t come as any surprise that I was one and done!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol: Love that expression @Dandi, we always referred to DS as the Michelin Man, he was just rings of pudding from neck to toes. When the midwife called after I’d been discharged from hospital, she said I must’ve been a really good pusher because he had a lovely shaped head, rather than a misshapen one that she seen so often. It won’t come as any surprise that I was one and done!

I don't blame you at all!!

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I rarely get headaches, but when I do they are monumental, with nausea and dizziness. I had one this morning and literally couldn't get out of bed. I eventually took a shower only to collapse back on the bed. Took aspirin and coffee, no discernable improvement. Finally at 5pm it cleared after I fed it some more pain medication. Entire day = wasted.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wanted to clean the stone stairs outside.
Put a lot of water on them and wanted to scrub with the stiff broom.

Well , " a lot of water"= very slippery. I went down for steps on my elbow, , arm, wrist, thigh, buttocks...

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wanted to clean the stone stairs outside.
Put a lot of water on them and wanted to scrub with the stiff broom.

Well , " a lot of water"= very slippery. I went down for steps on my elbow, , arm, wrist, thigh, buttocks...
Ow. I've broken my coccyx bone at least once, memorably. I had a huge bruise on my butt and leg. An evil pebble got caught in my Rollerblade. And I've fallen on the ice doing moves and once on marble in my hotel room in cozumel. *There was a small hurricane and water came into out hotel room from under the door. I opened the door, stepped into our room, and boom! I was down. I distinctly remember thinking, "what am I doing on the floor?"

Anyway I empathize, having been there and done that.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results