shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions please on this WF ACA diamond

diamondsearcher1012

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone! I am a long time lurker but new to posting on this thread so hopefully I'm doing this right...could I please get your opinions on this stone? https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4427738.htm

2.12 ct H VS2 A CUT ABOVE® Hearts and Arrows Diamond

1637950061268.png

1637950048760.png

Do you guys think an H color in a stone this size will have noticeable color? @headlight I saw the stones in your avatar and would love to get your thoughts if you don't mind.

Also, do the H&As look good in this image? The line between the hearts and arrows looks a bit narrower than in other H&A images. Does that make a difference?

Planning to get it set in the Vatche Tiffany-replica style setting...really appreciate everyone's help!

Last edited:

adlgel

Shiny_Rock
Well you can't go wrong with a Whiteflash ACA in terms of cut so I think whether this is the right stone for you really comes down to personal preference for things like color and slim vs. chunkier arrows.

An H color stone of this size will show a bit more of its color than an H stone in a smaller size but H is still considered near colorless so whether it is colorless enough for you or the intended recipient is hard for anyone else to say. Have you seen other D/E/F/G stones in person to compare to this one to try to assess your level of color sensitivity?

diamondsearcher1012

Rough_Rock
Also was curious about the ASET since I believe the middle of ASET images is usually green? In this diamond it is red. Curious to know if this compromises the performance?

1637952671607.png

crbl999

Brilliant_Rock
Also was curious about the ASET since I believe the middle of ASET images is usually green? In this diamond it is red. Curious to know if this compromises the performance?

1637952671607.png

Nice stone and setting choice! ASET and hearts are excellent. The green vs red is due to slight pavillion angle variation IIRC. 40.7 or less is usually green and 40.8 and above is usually red. I would recommend checking out stones of that size in person to look at color.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No need to try to assess the images of an ACA. It has undergone more scrutiny than any of us could ever perform.
It looks like a beauty - many have purchased H color stones and been very happy with them. You could ask them to do a side by side picture comparison with a G color stone just to see what you think about the color.

diamondsearcher1012

Rough_Rock
That's a great idea!! I'll definitely ask for side by side comparisons. Will also mention that it scores 1 on the HCA.

diamondsearcher1012

Rough_Rock
No need to try to assess the images of an ACA. It has undergone more scrutiny than any of us could ever perform.
It looks like a beauty - many have purchased H color stones and been very happy with them. You could ask them to do a side by side picture comparison with a G color stone just to see what you think about the color.

TRAY_2.12-2.094.jpg just received this comparison photo from WF...I feel like this H doesn't have much color to it but what do you all think?

adlgel

Shiny_Rock
My 1.45 Whiteflash ACA is an H and I love it. I don't ever look at it and see anything even resembling "yellowness". While I see a smidge more color in the H above- but just a smidge - it's not enough to make me pay more for the G, all else being equal. But that's totally a personal preference.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Will be blindingly white from the top and a little warm from the side. Side view does matter to many of us.

Could not tell if you are the wearer… if not, then ask them their opinion on color. If they want a super white diamond then the slight tint they will see from the side in a Tiffan-esque setting might disappoint them.

If you are the wearer and you want a 2 carat ACA and this is what fits your budget and you are OK with a slight tint from the side, then heck to the yeah, this is an awesome diamond.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
No need to question an ACA as the others have said… WF has done all the work for you and a whole lot more. Personally, I’m very color sensitive so an H in that size bothers me… but I have colorless diamonds so it pretty much ruins you when it comes to other colors! I do see a difference in the comparison photo but you did not and you are the one who will wear it so that’s all that is important. The diamond is absolutely gorgeous- you can’t go wrong. Is this your first diamond? Have you considered any stones that are G color?

VDK1

Shiny_Rock
I think this ACA H diamond is really awesome and best for the money. From the top view, most of us would not distinguish it from the G or F color diamonds. And the excellent H&A H color diamond is also not yellowish at all (unlike and the I or K H&A ones)

BTW, the HCA score your diamond (AGS-104115379001) is 1. It should be a very beautiful diamond indeed!

ACA.jpg

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful, and the tint looks minimal in the comparison photo. Great choice of diamond and setting.

diamondsearcher1012

Rough_Rock
No need to question an ACA as the others have said… WF has done all the work for you and a whole lot more. Personally, I’m very color sensitive so an H in that size bothers me… but I have colorless diamonds so it pretty much ruins you when it comes to other colors! I do see a difference in the comparison photo but you did not and you are the one who will wear it so that’s all that is important. The diamond is absolutely gorgeous- you can’t go wrong. Is this your first diamond? Have you considered any stones that are G color?

Thanks for your thoughts! This is my first diamond. I have looked at some G color diamonds, but didn’t see any available ACAs within my budget that I loved. (There is one I believe but it has some inclusions that bothered me).

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for your thoughts! This is my first diamond. I have looked at some G color diamonds, but didn’t see any available ACAs within my budget that I loved. (There is one I believe but it has some inclusions that bothered me).

Ask WF about the inclusions and if you can see them at all. There is so much sparkle with Super Ideals that its difficult to pick out
inclusions through all the flashes. Plus, at a VS2, these inclusions should be very difficult to see (if at all...so ask WF).

diamondsearcher1012

Rough_Rock
Ask WF about the inclusions and if you can see them at all. There is so much sparkle with Super Ideals that its difficult to pick out
inclusions through all the flashes. Plus, at a VS2, these inclusions should be very difficult to see (if at all...so ask WF).

Just checked again, it’s an SI1. Wasn’t comfortable with the inclusions unfortunately. What do you think about the H vs a G?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just checked again, it’s an SI1. Wasn’t comfortable with the inclusions unfortunately. What do you think about the H vs a G?

I thought you were talking about the H you posted...just now seeing that you are talking about a G...can you post the link?
Have you talked to WF about clarity on the G? They can give you insight on what they can see with 20/20 vision.

Edit...are you talking about this one? I think someone else was looking at this and asked about the clarity. Let me see if I can
find what they posted.

Here is what was posted about the G:
One other thing to note: I noticed some dark spots on the magnified photos of the G stone; when I asked the rep about those, she said that, although it meets the WF standard for eye clean (10 inches away, normal overhead lighting, 20/20 vision), that a person with good eyesight might be able to notice the dark spots when viewed at a closer distance, say 6 or so inches away...

here is the tread its on:

So, I doubt the G will work for you.

Last edited:

diamondsearcher1012

Rough_Rock
The G however that the WF rep gave us as a comparison in that photo though is not the G/SI1 linked above. The one in the photo is a G/VS1.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The 2.32 G SI1 is beautiful! I think it would be worth your time to have your SA pull that stone and give you some comparison videos with the 2.12 H VS2. It’s a pretty darn clean SI1, higher color, bigger size and beautiful angles.

My 2c

ETA - Have your SA give you an honest assessment of the visibility of the tiny crystals in this stone. Don’t just go by the plot on the cert.

Last edited:

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
They have a return policy — double check how setting the diamond may affect the policy. You could ask to see the diamond first, then ship it to whoever is setting it. This diamond is a good find so may as well go for it if you are willing to go through that process.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results