shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this Wband for my Ering...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Okay, so since I started the How soon is too soon to get a wband? thread and got positive replies, I thought I would post up the picture of the ring to get some opinions...

Its 11 bezel set diamonds for a tcw of .80 in 18kt white gold (same as my ering)

Listed as 3mm wide (same width as my ering shank)

wband.001.JPG

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Handshot of the wband...

wband.002.JPG

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Band and the ering to compare... I like how the bezels on the band are milgrained like the two side stones in my ering... thats why I think they will go together but still not be too matchy. The side stones in my ering are .15 and the stone in the wband come out to about .07 each.

wband.003.JPG

amy_dub

Shiny_Rock
I was just getting ready to ask you to post a picture of your ering because i'm new and hadn't seen it previously.

As for your wband, I think you've made an excellent choice. It's very petite and simple so as not to take away from the uniqueness of your ering. It's not too big, not to small. It's a nice compliment to your ering.

Does that make sense??

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh i think they would be just perfect together. that wband looks like a beautiful compliment to your ering! love it!

sera

Ideal_Rock
They look great together! What a lucky find
36.gif

ETA: Will you be able to try it on first or if buying it online, return it if it doesn't look right? IF it doesn't, I would get a band to match the band on your ering- can't tell- it's pave?

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s an almost-perfect match! I think it will look wonderful!
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a great find!! Looks like a perfect match for your gorgeous ering!!!

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
It''s perfect! It looks along the lines of what I wanted actually! I still don''t think it would go with the Ering I picked but it would look amazing with yours. Buy it!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all the replies ladies!
9.gif
I really appreciate the input!

Date: 10/3/2007 9:41:28 PM
Author: sera
36.gif

ETA: Will you be able to try it on first or if buying it online, return it if it doesn't look right? IF it doesn't, I would get a band to match the band on your ering- can't tell- it's pave?
It is an online purchase so I will not be able to try it on first. Yes, my ering has a pave shank. I actually got to try on a pave band (almost identical to my ering shank) and it really just didn't look right. Since my ering does not allow for a straight band to sit flush it just didn't look right. I also got to try on some rings with uneven borders (like this bezel one I posted, but with princess stones and marquise stones) and those bands looked really good with it. I think the uneven borders took some of the visual focus away from the gap of the rings and onto the actual wband if that makes any sense... I am pretty sure (lets say 98%) that this band will look good... actually even better since it has the round stones and milgrain that match my ering
1.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it would be beautiful as your wring.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love it! Where did you get it?

sera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/3/2007 10:53:09 PM
Author: poshpepper
Thanks for all the replies ladies!
9.gif
I really appreciate the input!

Date: 10/3/2007 9:41:28 PM

Author: sera

36.gif

ETA: Will you be able to try it on first or if buying it online, return it if it doesn''t look right? IF it doesn''t, I would get a band to match the band on your ering- can''t tell- it''s pave?

It is an online purchase so I will not be able to try it on first. Yes, my ering has a pave shank. I actually got to try on a pave band (almost identical to my ering shank) and it really just didn''t look right. Since my ering does not allow for a straight band to sit flush it just didn''t look right. I also got to try on some rings with uneven borders (like this bezel one I posted, but with princess stones and marquise stones) and those bands looked really good with it. I think the uneven borders took some of the visual focus away from the gap of the rings and onto the actual wband if that makes any sense... I am pretty sure (lets say 98%) that this band will look good... actually even better since it has the round stones and milgrain that match my ering
1.gif
OH... kewl! I really like the band a lot. It makes total sense about the borders.

I''m looking at a similar band myself but without the milgrain- Ritani single shared prong (they are .04 though)- I love the uneven border. (I just can''t decide between that and a 3-side pave Leon.... I had THOUGHT I could stack them with the Ritani between two Leons... so now I have to completely rethink what I''m gonna do
39.gif
)

That''s great you found something that will look really good with your gorgeous ring!
36.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE it!!! You''re right, it''s matchy without being "matchy-matchy!"

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Is that the ring from Dover jewelry, I was thinking of buying that one for myself. I want a bezel set band, and what a great price! Looks great with your e-ring!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Thank for all the replies ladies... seems like it is a unanimous vote
emthup.gif

Date: 10/3/2007 11:03:37 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Love it! Where did you get it?
Havent gotten it yet... (see below)

Author: Beau13
Is that the ring from Dover jewelry, I was thinking of buying that one for myself. I want a bezel set band, and what a great price! Looks great with your e-ring!

Yes it is. Are you still planning on getting it? Are we going to have a bidding war???
3.gif
9.gif

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Actually Poshpepper, I was going to exchange the ring I got today for this one, the bezel set one, however, on closer inspection on the profile pics, it seems some of the bezels stand higher than other, it''s kind of uneven, and that would drive me crazy. Also..I am not sure how great the bezel look would be next to my e-ring, so I think I will just sell the ring I have on my own, rather than send it to exchange for the ring you are interested in. It''s all yours!! lol

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Oh man I loves it! Great match but interesting on it''s own too. I''d love to see them together! (hint, hint!)

a

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Posh,

I think that band is gorgeous. Like someone said it matches without being matchy-matchy. A question though......
Do you think you''ll be able to get it to tuck close to your E-ring?

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
LOVE that band!
30.gif

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Thanks agian for all the replies...
1.gif

Date: 10/4/2007 7:06:43 PM
Author: gemgirl
Posh,

I think that band is gorgeous. Like someone said it matches without being matchy-matchy. A question though......
Do you think you'll be able to get it to tuck close to your E-ring?
It will not tuck close to my ering because of the setting, no straight band will. However I have tried on some bands with uneven sides (meaning not straight sides but still a straight band) and I thought they looked nice (Straight sided bands did not look good with it however). I know I will have a gap with any band I choose (and knew this when I decided on my ering setting) so I does not bother me.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty ring. I agree that will be a great w-ring. Great find. And, yes, with that scalloped edge it can never sit flush, so that should be perfect.

Hoping the purchase works out and looking forward to hand pics with your magnificent e-ring!
36.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think they look perfect for eachother!

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
It looks perfect!
36.gif
What a great find.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results