shape
carat
color
clarity

opinions on this pink sapphire engagement ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The etsy pear gets my vote!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2009 6:44:46 PM
Author: HotPozzum
Hoffy, may I respectfully suggest that your future fiance will appreciate if you take the time to pick exactly what she wants. Getting a ring within a week for less than $1000 sounds rather rushed...
23.gif

I speak from experience on this one!

I really agree. If it is at all possible, please do not rush this. Given a little time, we''ll be able to put together a really great ring for you.

clgwli

Brilliant_Rock
I agree that the first was a lot of pink. I am not a fan of pink myself (for me not for others) but I really do love that pear halo from Etsy!!! She does great work and that one looks very classy! Good luck!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For example, here's a pink tourmaline ring for 470$ (way under budget!) Also from color symphony.

pinktorumcs.jpg

hoffy

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/21/2009 7:31:55 PM
Author: icekid

Hoffy, may I respectfully suggest that your future fiance will appreciate if you take the time to pick exactly what she wants. Getting a ring within a week for less than $1000 sounds rather rushed...
23.gif

I really agree. If it is at all possible, please do not rush this. Given a little time, we''ll be able to put together a really great ring for you.

This forum is so helpful...

You guys are really cool and I know what you''re saying but I''m afraid this is do or die. I need the ring in my pocket by Tuesday. I have narrowed it down to the these three final contestants:

http://www.thenaturalsapphirecompany.com/Sapphires/Sapphire-Jewelry/Sapphire-Rings/Jewelry=J1566

http://www.bluenile.com/product_details.jsp?oid=6302&pid=SR47400201&ring_size=7

http://www.colorsymphony.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8_23_35&products_id=602&zenid=3253b7a7f8b83714e926eb9f96ea0dd2

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2009 9:16:56 PM
Author: hoffy

This forum is so helpful...

You guys are really cool and I know what you're saying but I'm afraid this is do or die. I need the ring in my pocket by Tuesday. I have narrowed it down to the these three final contestants:

http://www.thenaturalsapphirecompany.com/Sapphires/Sapphire-Jewelry/Sapphire-Rings/Jewelry=J1566

http://www.bluenile.com/product_details.jsp?oid=6302&pid=SR47400201&ring_size=7

http://www.colorsymphony.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8_23_35&products_id=602&zenid=3253b7a7f8b83714e926eb9f96ea0dd2

I, also, hate to see you so rushed. All look fine, but are very different styles. Does she have any other jewelry? Is it simple, or fancy? Do you know if she prefers round stones or princess (square) ones? This is a big choice and as the other ladies said, you want her to wear this (and WANT to wear it) everyday! Also, if your budget is extremely limited, please remember to factor taxes into your purchase, it could easily change your price by $100 in this price range. (I remember I was shocked and sad when we bought my engagement ring and had to pay $550 in TAXES).

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Blue Nile princess cut is the most engagement-y to me. I''d select that one. Very nice!

LittleLovely

Rough_Rock
I prefer the princess cut from Blue Nile, but then again, I''m partial to princess and emerald cuts. The oval from Color Symphony is also really pretty! I like those two very much.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Pink sapphire ring

There''s a nice ring from a vendor that other''s have used for their sapphires.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2009 10:14:29 PM
Author: LittleLovely
I prefer the princess cut from Blue Nile, but then again, I''m partial to princess and emerald cuts. The oval from Color Symphony is also really pretty! I like those two very much.

I feel the same way

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My biggest concern about the blue nile one is that the sapphire is only 4.3mm if I''m reading it right. That might be kind of small?

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
I prefer both the Blue Nile and the Color Symphony rings over the Natural Sapphire Company one.

That being said, though, what are your girlfriend''s tastes? Does she prefer traditional, or contemporary, or...? Also, only you know why you have to propose by Tuesday, but give some serious thought to waiting on the e-ring until you research all of your options and/or take your FF shopping and have it be a joint experience. If it''s important for you to have a ring when you propose then just pick up an inexpensive costume ring from Target or the mall, and then do the more serious shopping together.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/21/2009 11:48:35 PM
Author: AustenNut
I prefer both the Blue Nile and the Color Symphony rings over the Natural Sapphire Company one.

That being said, though, what are your girlfriend''s tastes? Does she prefer traditional, or contemporary, or...? Also, only you know why you have to propose by Tuesday, but give some serious thought to waiting on the e-ring until you research all of your options and/or take your FF shopping and have it be a joint experience. If it''s important for you to have a ring when you propose then just pick up an inexpensive costume ring from Target or the mall, and then do the more serious shopping together.
I totally agree. Pick up a cheap ring to propose with maybe something in silver so she''ll keep it and wear it from time to time. Then go shopping together when you aren''t rushed. HTH

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
23.gif

Perhaps propose without one (ie. empty box) and then go shopping together! Trust me, she will love you for taking a little extra time to get it right or giving her some part of the decision process.

Many PS members spent over a year finding the perfect stone and setting - remember she has to wear this forever! You can easily find something within your budget if you have time to shop around or get it custom made.

I am with Hot Pozzum on this. Please reconsider taking the time to pick the perfect stone that she will be wearing forever.

Arnoldcold

Rough_Rock
Dis is good but a yellow one would have brought more brightness to it..lols

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I would go with the NSC solitaire, since it is the only one that doesn''t contain diamonds. Since she has specifically stated she dislikes dianonds, I think it is important to honour that. I also think it seems to be a good quality stone. For some reason, there is no head-on photo of the colorsymphony ring, which is raising some doubts in my head.

I, however, agree that you are rushing this. Buy a pretty pink ring as a "temporary" ring and then take your time, really understand what she wants (take her shopping if she wishes to participate, or just understand better what she wants and then surprise her).

If this were for me, I would use a round center sapphire, with green pear sides and a shank with engraved tendrils: aka, a rose nestled between 2 green leaves. And no diamonds
2.gif

mousey

Shiny_Rock
Lady D''s idea of a rose between two green leaves is to die for.... what a nice idea! also, take it from me (who has been involved all the way w my ering) women love being involved... Perhaps you could buy the stones separately, then send them to an etsy jeweler, and explain the rose idea, and have it custom made???? I would recommend Julia Kay Taylor (just do a search on PS for her name, you ll see lots of beautiful rings she has made). Maybe i m biased, but i think it makes for a really romantic story (especially if you are looking for a non diamond ring) to have chosen it all together, and been involved in the process at every step. and you end up with a one of a kind ring!

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Just a few points you could/should/might consider;

- her style preference, i.e. is she more into antique-looking jewellery or more into plain-simple-contemporary styles
- how large and how shaped are her hands and fingers - if she has larger hands she might want a spinel rather than a sapphire cause you might find a larger one for the same amount, but if her hands and fingers are small than she''d probably prefer something smaller; also, generally speaking, people with elongated hands and fingers prefer wearing stones that are not elongated, so something like rounds or hearts, while those with wider or shorter hands/fingers prefer elongated shapes like ovals or pears
- how often do you think she''d like to wear her e-ring; 24/7 or just when she goes somewhere out of the house - if she''d like to wear it more it''s best to go for a more simple style, less accent stones, something comfortable and wearable, while avoiding some setting techniques like channel setting (the first ring you suggested has channel set accent stones); it''s also wise to avoid shapes of stones that have sharp points (squares, pears etc.) and go for things that are more rounded to avoid risk of damaging the corners
- does she have a metal color preference (white/yellow/rose)?

Those are just some of the things you might want to think about.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would pick the Bluenile one. Why? Because you know it is returnable, not sure about the other sites. Also it is the most "conservative" (good quality, looks like an engagement ring). I would give it to her and let her know that you want her to have something she really loves, and if this isn''t her style you can return it and get/make a ring together. I know you say that she is not a jewelry person, but if someone doesn''t wear much jewelry sometimes it is even more important to make sure that she gets she both likes and feels comfortable wearing.

E B

Ideal_Rock

DianaBanana

Shiny_Rock
Hoffy, I'm going to add another option to the mix if you don't mind. Here is a beautiful setting from Pearlman's, I'm sure everyone here would love to help search for a great stone to complete the ring.

Item: 098CO1 - Chris Correia platinum and diamond solitaire engagement ring. The ring is set with bezel set diamonds weighing .08ct total. The ring is brand new and a size 6 1/4. Needs a 1 1/4ct diamond.
Price: $1,695.00
Your Price: $800.00

http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-specials/closeout-jewelry/rings/098CO1/72/

098CO11.jpeg

SB621

Ideal_Rock
The one from blue nile is 4.3 which is tiny...i don''t think the picture represents how it will actually look in real life. I would go with choice number 3- color sympothy.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Either the BlueNile or the Color Symphony.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results