shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this diamond, please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chewskydoo

Rough_Rock
Long time lurker, first time poster.
emteeth.gif

I''m working on finding my first stone and would greatly appreciate any and all opinions on the following stone:

Carat: 0.998
Color: F
Clarity: VS2
Depth: 60.6
Table: 55.1
Crown Angle: 34.7
Crown %: 15.7
Pavilion Angle: 40.7
Pavilion %: 42.9
Girdle: Thin to Medium Faceted
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Culet: Pointed
Fluorescence: Negligible
Measurements: 6.48-6.52X3.94

Thanks!
Steve

One other quick question. Is it customary for the Sarin report stats to differ from the diamond stats given on Whiteflash (e.g., Table size, etc.)? Just wondering about the small discrepancy. Thanks again!

DI40X_AGS-7372903.jpg

IS_AGS-7372903.jpg

sarin_AGS-7372903.jpg

ci_AGS-7372903.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Obviously, your "lurking" paid great dividends. That stone as Storm would say, "is kicken!!" It should be fantastic. And the minute differences in the Sarin are nothing to fret over.

Great choice and congratulations!!
35.gif

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Hehee... this is the diamond that was brought up for discussion in MikeM''s "verragio warranty" thread.
2.gif

It is a beautiful stone and if it was .002ct larger the price would be increased dramatically.

chewskydoo

Rough_Rock
Thank you both so much for your opinions! I hadn''t seen the verragio thread--I didn''t realize this stone was getting so much attention. I''m still feeling a little bit unsure. The specs look good to my untrained eye, but it''s a little bit more than what I wanted to spend.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How much do you want to spend?

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
That stone looks absolutely awesome.

shay

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/8/2006 5:49:56 PM
Author: pebbles
Hehee... this is the diamond that was brought up for discussion in MikeM''s ''verragio warranty'' thread.
2.gif

It is a beautiful stone and if it was .002ct larger the price would be increased dramatically.
It is isn''t it!!! This is a special stone.

I don''t know how much you wanted to pay, but rest assured this stone will sparkle without a light source. It''s just that nice. And don''t worry, if you don''t buy it, it will sell really quick. But if you can manage to buy this stone, you most certainly won''t regret it.

Good luck.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That stone is gorgeous!!!! I don''t know what your budget is?? But have to say this one is a winner!!!
30.gif

in-situ

Rough_Rock
Great choice for your first stone. The stone you have described should be fantastic - full of brilliance.

Pebbles makes a very valid point too with her "It is a beautiful stone and if it was .002ct larger the price would be increased dramatically.'') comment. That psychological factor that seems to be involved with I must have a 1.00 Ctw stone never ceases to amaze me. Why agree to paying so much more for a stone that will most definitely not appear larger in overall size than the wonderful 0.998 Ctw you have already identified?

Great choice, great stone - need I say more?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/8/2006 7:57:58 PM
Author: in-situ
Great choice for your first stone. The stone you have described should be fantastic - full of brilliance.

Pebbles makes a very valid point too with her ''It is a beautiful stone and if it was .002ct larger the price would be increased dramatically.'') comment. That psychological factor that seems to be involved with I must have a 1.00 Ctw stone never ceases to amaze me. Why agree to paying so much more for a stone that will most definitely not appear larger in overall size than the wonderful 0.998 Ctw you have already identified?

Can you make your font a bit larger?? Me eye''s are hurting tying to read this. Thanks!!!
2.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/8/2006 8:03:33 PM
Author: kaleigh

Date: 6/8/2006 7:57:58 PM
Author: in-situ

Pebbles makes a very valid point too with her ''It is a beautiful stone and if it was .002ct larger the price would be increased dramatically.'') comment. That psychological factor that seems to be involved with I must have a 1.00 Ctw stone never ceases to amaze me. Why agree to paying so much more for a stone that will most definitely not appear larger in overall size than the wonderful 0.998 Ctw you have already identified?

Can you make your font a bit larger?? Me eye''s are hurting tying to read this. Thanks!!!
2.gif
Kaleigh
or you can turn the clock back 20 yrs,that would help too.
31.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
beautiful diamond. you will not be dissapointed with that one!
18.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/8/2006 3:59:40 PM
Author: Rod
Obviously, your ''lurking'' paid great dividends. That stone as Storm would say, ''is kicken!!'' It should be fantastic. And the minute differences in the Sarin are nothing to fret over.

35.gif
I''m not so sure strmrdr would say that. I can''t speak for him but he has expressed an opinion on certain degrees of painted girdles which he would not say this about. I''m sure he''ll eventually chime in.

Peace,

Carlotta

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/8/2006 5:49:56 PM
Author: pebbles
Hehee... this is the diamond that was brought up for discussion in MikeM''s ''verragio warranty'' thread.
2.gif

Actually, I have noticed that the price increases right at the .9 mark now, as well.....Progress???

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/8/2006 8:36:01 PM
Author: Rhino

Obviously, your ''lurking'' paid great dividends. That stone as Storm would say, ''is kicken!!'' It should be fantastic. And the minute differences in the Sarin are nothing to fret over.

35.gif
I''m not so sure strmrdr would say that. I can''t speak for him but he has expressed an opinion on certain degrees of painted girdles which he would not say this about. I''m sure he''ll eventually chime in.

Peace,
Jonathan, not speaking for Rod either, but I think he was just borrowing an appropriate phrase to express how he, Rod, felt about that particular diamond. I don''t think he intended to imply that Strm would think it. Sorry, Rod, if I have spoken out of turn or inappropriately on your behalf.

shay

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/8/2006 8:39:42 PM
Author: Shay37

Obviously, your 'lurking' paid great dividends. That stone as Storm would say, 'is kicken!!' It should be fantastic. And the minute differences in the Sarin are nothing to fret over.

35.gif
I'm not so sure strmrdr would say that. I can't speak for him but he has expressed an opinion on certain degrees of painted girdles which he would not say this about. I'm sure he'll eventually chime in.

Peace,
Jonathan, not speaking for Rod either, but I think he was just borrowing an appropriate phrase to express how he, Rod, felt about that particular diamond. I don't think he intended to imply that Strm would think it. Sorry, Rod, if I have spoken out of turn or inappropriately on your behalf.

shay
Ya know ... I did read that wrong Shay. He was expressing his own opinion and not implying what strm's would be. Just using strm's slang. My apologies Rod.

Regards,

dhog

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/8/2006 8:52:39 PM

35.gif

Peace,
Jonathan, not speaking for Rod either, but I think he was just borrowing an appropriate phrase to express how he, Rod, felt about that particular diamond. I don''t think he intended to imply that Strm would think it. Sorry, Rod, if I have spoken out of turn or inappropriately on your behalf.

shay

Ya know ... I did read that wrong Shay. He was expressing his own opinion and not implying what strm''s would be. Just using strm''s slang. Apologies Rod.

Regards,
now thats funny

I have purchased 5 stones from this vendor
and have 5 beautiful diamonds so far.they are easy
to deal with and highly regarded on this sight by
many.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

I'm not so sure strmrdr would say that. I can't speak for him but he has expressed an opinion on certain degrees of painted girdles which he would not say this about. I'm sure he'll eventually chime in.
Jonathan......you have stooped to a new low, even for YOU.
38.gif

Are you serious? You're going to start flag-waving in any thread that involves a painted stone - "CAUTION, CAUTION, CAUTION." Please......that's lame.
20.gif

Since you don't KNOW to what degree this stone is painted, why even start trouble? Nevermind.....I know the answer. Standard operating procedure.
29.gif

It would be respectable for you to keep your crusade elsewhere and stop the fear, confusion and doubt tactics in consumer threads.
29.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
since I got drug into this one I spose I should speak for my own self :}

If ya like painted stones and some people love em that is a kicken one of em.
Long as no one calls it a 1ct :}

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Chewy: The stone looks gorgeous.

There are SEVERAL members of PS who have bought painted stones that absolutely kick major butt. Belle, Mara, Dhog, and several others.

In fact, Kenny (another PS shopper recently) just spent 4 pages here (https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/aca-classic-vs-new-line-the-best-way-to-compare.45654/page-4) comparing two ideal stones - one painted and one not. After spending 10 DAYS with them, here's what he had to say:

After the prefect diamond viewing experience, I don't see why there is so much fuss about painted diamonds.
They certainly look different but I can't conclude that overall one looks better or worse.

Here's my opinion about the Classic vs. New Line question . . . just ignore it and select based on all the other usual considerations. Either will be stunning.

This stone earned a top grade from AGS, and that's no small feat.

I'd let that speak for itself.
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Painted or not it's gorgeous. I still don't get the whole issue of painted stones. Guess I never will. I read the other thread but well, it was over my head. Didn't mean to rhyme, hehe.
3.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/8/2006 9:27:30 PM
Painted or not it''s gorgeous. I still don''t get the whole issue of painted stones. Guess I never will. I read the other thread but well, it was over my head. Didn''t mean to rhyme, hehe.
3.gif

That''s because there isn''t an "issue"......it''s a crusade of one individual, and that''s about the sum of it.

I just have no respect for folks who conduct their crusade at the expense of uninvolved bystanders. Totally unprofessional.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Once again. My deepest apologies. I thought Rod was quoting what strm would say. Shay pointed out my misunderstanding and I stand corrected. Alj I'd do the same if I thought someone was quoting you out of context. Shay, thank you once again for pointing out my misunderstanding and my deepest apologies to Rod and anyone who was offended. It was an honest mistake on my part.

Peace,

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/8/2006 9:38:56 PM
Author: aljdewey

Painted or not it''s gorgeous. I still don''t get the whole issue of painted stones. Guess I never will. I read the other thread but well, it was over my head. Didn''t mean to rhyme, hehe.
3.gif

That''s because there isn''t an ''issue''......it''s a crusade of one individual, and that''s about the sum of it.

I just have no respect for folks who conduct their crusade at the expense of uninvolved bystanders. Totally unprofessional.
Thank you aljdewey, I didn''t think it was ever an issue but pages and pages on a thread pertaining to this had me a tad confused.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/8/2006 9:57:53 PM

Painted or not it's gorgeous. I still don't get the whole issue of painted stones. Guess I never will. I read the other thread but well, it was over my head. Didn't mean to rhyme, hehe.
3.gif

That's because there isn't an 'issue'......it's a crusade of one individual, and that's about the sum of it.

Thank you aljdewey, I didn't think it was ever an issue but pages and pages on a thread pertaining to this had me a tad confused.

Not surprising, Kaleigh.....that seems to be the desired effect. It's the "Chicken-Little-the-diamond-is-painted" frenzy.

Let's make it a bit easier.

If I recall correctly, Kaleigh, I think the stone you just got in your pendant.....you know, the ACA that made you say "OMG, OMG, OMG, it's just gorgeous. I mean really spectacular. The stone is amazing, arrows galore." THAT stone is painted......and if you'd have given serious weight to this kind of fear-mongering BEFORE you saw it, you'd have possibly become concerned and passed it by.

What a shame that would have been, huh?

(Maybe it would be meaningful for Chewy to know that Kaleigh worked for a fine make jeweler as well, so it's not as though she hasn't seen a wide array of stones. And her very experienced eye doesn't seem to mind the painted stone one bit, or even see an appreciable difference.

31.gif
)

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
I''m with Kaleigh--the painting thread made my head hurt and I''m not going to try to get it!!

My thoughts on the stone?? YES PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It''s a WINNER!

dhog

Shiny_Rock

That''s because there isn''t an ''issue''......it''s a crusade of one individual, and that''s about the sum of it.

I agree:

A real cheap shot with only one outcome

I may get banned from these boards someday
but at least I will have stood up for what
I think is right.would it be fair game for
me to start my own CRUSADE.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/8/2006 10:03:12 PM
Author: blueroses

My thoughts on the stone?? YES PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It''s a WINNER!

It''s just that simple, ain''t it??
2.gif
9.gif
36.gif

Right on the money, Blue.
2.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium

35.gif

Peace,

shay
Thanks Shay and you''re right. I was by no means trying to speak for Storm, I was just borrowing his phrase to express my opinion.

Thanks.......

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aljdewey,
My stone is the most amazing stone I have seen in a long time. Count me in for the painted stone fan club. I hope to buy more... Sorry for the high jack chewy.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results