shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion on Save the Dates

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
Please let me know what you think of the color scheme of these Save the Date Magnets. Let me know which one you like better or if you have suggestions to change them.
Option #1

sjstd1.jpg

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
Option #2

sjstd2.jpg

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
The colors are showing up a lot more purpley then they actual are when printed out. They actually print really clear and nice.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Oh gosh - I don''t know. They are both nice. I think that option# 1 is more formal and #2 less so ...
What type of wedding are you planning to have? More formal or more casual? That might help you decide.

Also - you may wish to include your wedding website address on your STDs so that you can get your guests tuned in early to your details.

You can''t go wrong with either ... Nice job.

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
I am having an elegant formal ceremony in Riverside, California (I am from Canada) with approximately 40 people including Bridal Party. I am not liking either of the STD''s the way they are showing up on this post, because IRL they are very crisp and clean and the colors are much better. I personally think they look bad on here. I did not design them myself, I only edited the text and colors from a wedding stationary website. Otherwise I would have chose to have the background white, but the ampersand sign does not show up and I cannot edit that as it is effected only by changing the background color. I am planning on including an enclosure card with the STD''s that tells a brief history of The Mission Inn (where we will be married) as well as the wedding website link for them to have more information. Is this a good idea? or would it be tacky? I want everything to be as elegant as possible.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
i reallllllly like number 1 a lot, very cute :)

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2009 1:53:49 AM
Author: missjaxon
I am having an elegant formal ceremony in Riverside, California (I am from Canada) with approximately 40 people including Bridal Party. I am not liking either of the STD''s the way they are showing up on this post, because IRL they are very crisp and clean and the colors are much better. I personally think they look bad on here. I did not design them myself, I only edited the text and colors from a wedding stationary website. Otherwise I would have chose to have the background white, but the ampersand sign does not show up and I cannot edit that as it is effected only by changing the background color. I am planning on including an enclosure card with the STD''s that tells a brief history of The Mission Inn (where we will be married) as well as the wedding website link for them to have more information. Is this a good idea? or would it be tacky? I want everything to be as elegant as possible.
I say #1 then ... I think that there is something about the black background that just makes it more formal.

Hmmm .. I''m think that since this is an STD, keeping it simple might be best. Just the magnet with no enclosures. If you include a link to your website on the magnet, you will be able to post the history of your venue and all wedding related info in one convenient spot.

I don''t think that your idea is tacky at all, I just think that in keeping it in line with your theme that simplicity might be key. Save the Date magnet without enclosures. Besides, not that it may be a concern for you, but won''t not including enclosures keep the cost down for you as well?

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
I do want to keep them simple. I might have to go back to the drawing board because those specific STD''s do not have anymore room to include a website unless I remove the "will be married in Riverside, California" and replace it with "www.myweddingwebsite.com". The only reason I wanted to include an enclosure is because I couldn''t fit all of it onto the magnet and then thought I can''t just add a paper with a website. So my first instinct was not to add an enclosure and I guess I will stick with that. Good point Sparkalicious! Also I am considering changing the border around the picture to white..... any thoughts?

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
How about this one? Please don''t anybody be afraid to tell me they are ugly, I usually have a really good eye for what I like, but I think my exhaustion is getting the better of me and so now I know it is time to leave this project for tonight and head to bed. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!!

jsedit.jpg

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! I agree with you and actually think that if you remove the "will be married in Riverside, California" and replace it with your wedding website address, you again, kill 2 birds with one stone ... When people reference your website they will see that and that info can be spread word of mouth as well since you are dealing with a smaller, more manageable, amount of guests.

With regards to the white border - I''m horrible at visualizing this stuff. It looks good as is to me, however, if you are able to show me the difference b/n that one and the one with the white border, I can tell you what I think.
2.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2009 2:27:02 AM
Author: missjaxon
How about this one? Please don't anybody be afraid to tell me they are ugly, I usually have a really good eye for what I like, but I think my exhaustion is getting the better of me and so now I know it is time to leave this project for tonight and head to bed. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!!
Like how you added the website info on this one but I really think that the first one and the punch of color helps it "pop" in some way ... To me, in #3, it seems that the picture sort of gets washed out. I may just be biased because I saw#1 first but it seems to just edge out #3. Hmm ... then again, the plain black and white with just the splash of color is also elegant. I'm not sure ... I'll go with my first reaction and say #1.

eta - hmmm ... just looked again ...#3 is growing on me. Sorry! I'm no help!

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
Sparkalicious I had to giggle because this is how I feel haha I am going back and fourth an insane amount of times. So I will get some rest and revisit this in the morning... Thank you for all of your help, I really appreciate it.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
35.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Ok
I like the third one now lol, but I think you should change the flowers back to the original pink on the first one
it just adds like splash of color and keeps it fun but formal
i do like the white frame better though :)
5 bucks says you dream about your std cards haha

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the third one that you posted. They look fun yet classy at the same time.

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
I like #3... but I am a huge symmetry nut and I think it needs a bit more pink on the other side... maybe make the & symbol behind your names pink, too?
I think the black in #1 & 3 looks a lot nicer with the black & white photo.

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
I like the black background, very nice

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
I really like the third one!

How about instead of writing:

Jacqueline MacKenzie Oxxxe &
Scott Tyler Mxxxxxxxe
www.myweddingwebsite.com
Formal Invitation to Follow

you write:

Jacqueline & Scott
will be married in Riverside, California
www.myweddingwebsite.com
Formal Invitation to Follow

I don't think it's necessary on a STD to have your full names, especially as there's a photo and you can make use of that space.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
I like #1 the best, then #3. I think the black background looks nicer than the purple background.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I like #3, but agree with Spark that the picture kinda gets lost in it. Maybe make the pic border pink? Very cute, where are they from?

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2009 11:36:32 AM
Author: sunnyd
I like #3, but agree with Spark that the picture kinda gets lost in it. Maybe make the pic border pink? Very cute, where are they from?
Good idea!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I like the 3rd one but here is what I would change. (graphic designer here) Change the white circles to pink, Move the date centered on the little tag instead of left justified, change the white border around you to pink (I didn't do this to show you because I don't have enough time) and possibly change your names or the monogram behind your names to pink or the web address information to pink (one of the 2) and I think it would look perfect!

They are very nice
2.gif

msjstd.jpg

tabu

Shiny_Rock
Love #1 and what Dreamgirl just did, very nice!
1.gif

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone with all of the helpful comments! I really appreciate it!! First off I forgot to mention that the photo in the card right now is not the one we will be using, it is just a placeholder until we get our engagement photos done.

Lynnie I totally agree, the custom design tool on the website would not let me change the "&" sign on it''s own, it only shades lighter then the background, but I am going to contact them with a special design request because I think that would look much better too!

CDNinNYC I would love to have all of the information on the card unfortunately it only allows 3 spaces, so even if I took out our middle and last names I still would be unable to fit "will be married in Riverside, California". Also because it is on a 3.5"x 4" magnet the small print at the bottom gets hard to read if there is too much writing. I really like that including our full names makes the card look more formal, which is the whole theme of the wedding.

sunnydThanks, they are from here

Dreamgirl You are amazing! I love what you have already changed!! This is exactly how I would colored it, but unfortunately the design tool on the website only allows only certain sections to be edited. If there is a possibility for you to change the "&" to pink, I would love to be able to e-mail the edited design to the company to show them what special design request I would like.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Ok, I''ve added to Dreamgirl''s edits for a visual. Please excuse the font choice; I''m not that adept at editing!

JSedita.JPG

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/9/2009 1:06:00 PM
Author: CDNinNYC
Ok, I've added to Dreamgirl's edits for a visual. Please excuse the font choice; I'm not that adept at editing!
I like this version the best, but without the pink border. Personally, with the addition of colour on the vines I'd leave the white border around your picture as is. Great job ladies!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rushed for time, so I'll just say that I like it, especially with the black background.

However, what stood out to me was that the "hanger" for the date tag looks a lot like a "J". Since you're announcing a marriage... union of two people etc..... it might be worthwhile to consider an element that doesn't resemble your first initial.

A silly thing, I know, but that was what jumped out at me.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2009 4:14:11 PM
Author: VRBeauty
Rushed for time, so I''ll just say that I like it, especially with the black background.

However, what stood out to me was that the ''hanger'' for the date tag looks a lot like a ''J''. Since you''re announcing a marriage... union of two people etc..... it might be worthwhile to consider an element that doesn''t resemble your first initial.

Not so silly VRBeauty! .... I noticed it too but thought that *I* was being silly. All in all, not a huge deal but something, if you can change, might be worth tweaking a little bit.

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
I like the one CDNinNYC made but then with the photo border white. if you also make the J-looking hanger white, it won''t stand out so much. definitely don''t mail with any other enclosures.

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/9/2009 4:26:23 PM
Author: Sparkalicious
Date: 1/9/2009 4:14:11 PM

Author: VRBeauty

Rushed for time, so I''ll just say that I like it, especially with the black background.

However, what stood out to me was that the ''hanger'' for the date tag looks a lot like a ''J''. Since you''re announcing a marriage... union of two people etc..... it might be worthwhile to consider an element that doesn''t resemble your first initial.

Not so silly VRBeauty! .... I noticed it too but thought that *I* was being silly. All in all, not a huge deal but something, if you can change, might be worth tweaking a little bit.

Yes I noticed that too! It is just how the template is and I cannot change that.... I don''t think it is intended to look like the letter J but with my first name right beside it , it sure does stand out. Eek! I think I am leaning towards the design Dreamgirl edited but with a hot pink "&" sign. I am going to contact the company and see if their designers can make a few small changes for me concerning the date tag and the colored "&" sign and the make the little dots pink.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results