shape
carat
color
clarity

Ok, this is going to be my thread for finding a setting! For my pink tourmaline.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sounds beautiful. can''t wait to see the finished ring

LamborghiniGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Here are some photos of the setting! Now just imagine my pink tourmaline as the center stone. I can''t wait! It should be ready in a little less than 2 weeks.

The band is about 2 mm, 1 tcw of G/H SI1 diamonds. I love it! I am so excited how this project, my first project, has come together.

LamborghiniGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
side view- notice the diamonds on the gallery!
30.gif
30.gif

LamborghiniGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
you are probably getting sick of these!

LamborghiniGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
last one! for reference, the diamond in the setting was 7.8 mm x 9 mm, and my stone is 9.1mm x 9.1mm. So the diamond is a bit narrower than mine will be!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful setting and with your pink it will look gorgeous!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
That''s gorgeous! They have some very similar to that on Overstock - I can''t wait to see your stone in it!

LamborghiniGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thanks D&T and MonkeyPie!

This project is so fun!
30.gif

I can''t wait to see it with the pink stone. When the SA help my stone above the ring on my hand to visualize the stone in the setting, it looked really good- and broke up all that diamond-ness that is there right now.

jleb

Rough_Rock
Trade
I was having breakfast the other day and the lady next to me had a cushion cut pink tourmaline set in a rose gold ring. The combo of the ring and rose gold was so stunning, I could hardly keep my eyes off it. I really recommend checking out your stone w/ a rose gold mounting and see how it works. Maybe, maybe not, but I know what I''ll recommend the next time I cut one, it was just gorgeous!

LamborghiniGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 7/20/2009 8:59:12 PM
Author: jleb

I was having breakfast the other day and the lady next to me had a cushion cut pink tourmaline set in a rose gold ring. The combo of the ring and rose gold was so stunning, I could hardly keep my eyes off it. I really recommend checking out your stone w/ a rose gold mounting and see how it works. Maybe, maybe not, but I know what I''ll recommend the next time I cut one, it was just gorgeous!

I did check out a few different rose gold settings, which I loved. But I also figured out that the rose gold only makes the pink tourmaline look warmer/more pink- which is exactly what I am trying to avoid. I don''t know if you saw my other thread when I was looking for stones, but the goal was to have a pale pale pink stone- and I hope White gold will help the stone keep its pale hue!

I think someday I would love to do a rose gold project though-- I find myself scouring ebay for fun ideas
1.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that tourmaline is getting an awesome home!!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is some blingy setting. And I think it will look more lovely with your stone than with the diamond! It needs a bit of color.

21.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a setting and it really makes the stone pale. I guess we are so used to trying to amp UP the colour but in your case, you are trying to down play it.

LamborghiniGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thanks Chrono- but I didn''t mean to confuse you- those photos are with the diamond center stone; my tourmaline won''t look that pale! I wasn''t sure if you thought those pictures showed how pale my stone will look in the setting. I do still want it to look at least a bit pink!
2.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, my mistake. I though it was really your tourmaline that you managed to make it appear almost colourless.

LamborghiniGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Estimated arrival date for the finished ring:

August 4th!!!!! I hope you know how excited I am to see my first project COMPLETED!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Can''t wait to see the finished ring! So excited for you LG

LamborghiniGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi guys! Thanks for ALL the help! I''ve posted pics in the SMTR forum.

Picture thread of finished ring:

SMTR thread!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results