shape
carat
color
clarity

Ok, this is going to be my thread for finding a setting! For my pink tourmaline.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LamborghiniGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
So I have been looking around quite a bit trying to find settings I like.

Sometimes I am loving the complete solitaire look, sometimes I love the roped rose gold look. Other times I can''t imagine having my tourmaline live without a halo. So obviously I am still throwing ideas around.

I did find this ring on ebay, which has a setting I think I would really like:

Ebay rose gold and diamond ring

Sorry the photo is so small from the seller-- but from the small picture I do think I like that look, of the very thin band and very thin halo, in rose gold; maybe i''d like white gold too? I wish they supplied more photos, like from the profile and up close.

So, does anyone know where else (other than this seller on ebay) you have seen a setting like this? A lot of the LOGR ones seem to have a more bulky halo and band; whereas the above link looks daintier to me.

Any help is appreciated!!
35.gif
1.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hope you don''t mind me pulling one of your picture of the tourmaline to give an idea of color size for reference

s1439.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have not bought from them before, almost though, but changed my mind last minute. Maybe they have something just for semi mounts? but I love the double prong look... ETA: apparently they design and manufacture their stuff, so it can't hurt to ask them if you like something. I asked them once on an eternity band and they were very pleasant to converse with.
link

yigaljewelry1mountdt.JPG

LamborghiniGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thanks D&T!

I am going to attach the photo of the ebay setting I posted the link to so it's easier to compare!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
or something like this with no diamonds on the shank?
link

cushionhalonodiamondshk1.JPG

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
do you like split shank double prongs idea? like this

splitshankuniquesettings109.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/8/2009 10:07:56 PM
Author: D&T
I have not bought from them before, almost though, but changed my mind last minute. Maybe they have something just for semi mounts? but I love the double prong look... ETA: apparently they design and manufacture their stuff, so it can''t hurt to ask them if you like something. I asked them once on an eternity band and they were very pleasant to converse with.
link
My 7 carat cushion cuprian is in a similar style Yigal setting. My bright blue smaller oval cuprian and my emerald cut cuprian are also both in Yigal settings. They''re very nice settings!! However, for the $$$, the best value to me is still LOGR.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
and of course the LOGR cushion setting Linky

LOGRcushion070901.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOGR can do it in rose gold as well for no extra charge!

LamborghiniGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 7/8/2009 11:17:54 PM
and of course the LOGR cushion setting Linky

But D&T and tourmaline_lover,

Don't you guys think that the LOGR cushion setting looks bulkier? Like more substantial, not as thinthinthin?

The halo and the band seem much thicker, at least it looks that way as I compare that setting to the ebay one I posted?

Or is that something I can change with LOGR, and specify a thinner band and halo with smaller diamonds?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hmmm... I'm wondering if someone on here has the LOGR cushion halo that I posted above, then maybe you judge that way?

ETA: nevermind, Cellentani has one...

here is her picture, waht do you think. about it now?

BKmorganite1.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Actually, that cushion LOGR setting isn''t the one I have, it''s this one.

And you''re right, it is a bulkier halo and setting - I can take measurements if you want, just let me know. And I''ve asked LOGR about making thinner shanks, and they can''t do that.

my LOGR cushion.jpg

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Fierypyropixy - I think I know the look you want, and LOGR just doesn''t do a lot of those thin, delicate settings. This setting, and one other (I''ll post that one next) have the thinnest shanks of all their semi-mounts, I think. I know the shape and dimensions aren''t right, but I would ask if they can modify them to fit your setting. Just be prepared for it to cost a little more.

LOGR for FPP.jpg

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I know this one doesn''t have a halo - don''t know how adamant you are about having one. It has fairly delicate lines though, and I love the lower gallery.

LOGR 7x9mm .23ct.jpg

LamborghiniGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Celletani,

I love your ring!, but I do think it is bulkier than I am looking for with my stone. Mostly because the thickness of that band in my photo (my eternity band I wear) is about as thick as I want to go.

Do you by any chance know how thick your band and halo are of that LOGR ring? I would greatly appreciate it if you measure it.

So D&T, I do love celletani's ring you posted, but I do want something thinner.
1.gif

I mean, do you think that original ebay ring I posted (from Lauren Klein or whatever) is thinner than the LOGR just looking at the picture?
Tomorrow I will message her through ebay asking if they sell a mounting only, as well as the band and halo thickness.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I have no idea if they can modify this for a cushion, but I asked if they could make it an oval and they said yes. Here''s the link so you can see the profile.

LOGR .62ct.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/8/2009 11:55:44 PM
Author: cellentani

And you''re right, it is a bulkier halo and setting - I can take measurements if you want, just let me know. And I''ve asked LOGR about making thinner shanks, and they can''t do that.
ahaha - thanks Cellentani, After I posted it, I thought the one I posted from LOGR looked kinda skewed...lol

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2009 12:15:16 AM

Date: 7/8/2009 11:55:44 PM
Author: cellentani

ahaha - thanks Cellentani, After I posted it, I thought the one I posted from LOGR looked kinda skewed...lol
Don''t worry D&T - it''s very similar, and I almost got that one instead! It was kinda fun seeing my pic here - thanks for posting it.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love your stone. And would probably invest some money in a setting for it and go custom. I know the stone was inexpensive... but truly that was because of a very well placed inclusion. I'm CRAZY but I'd consider something like Mochi's twisted wires setting in rose gold. Or, more likely... a tapered curved pave split shank. With a really simple basket and double claw or heart prongs. I'd do the shanks in white gold and the basket in rose.

Personally though, I'd take the pic of the 23rd street morganite with the leaves across it and send it to julia kay or sally on etsy and ask them what they could do that's similar and inspired by that setting. Just because I love it. It looks like it belongs on on a Fairie's hand.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Po-Starryeyed.jpg

What I meant by tapered curved split shank. This is Staryeyed's by Leon. Pink basket and that 9 x 9 cushion of yours and man, it would be beautiful.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2009 12:07:36 AM
Author: LamborghiniGirl
Celletani,

I love your ring!, but I do think it is bulkier than I am looking for with my stone. Mostly because the thickness of that band in my photo (my eternity band I wear) is about as thick as I want to go.

Do you by any chance know how thick your band and halo are of that LOGR ring? I would greatly appreciate it if you measure it.

So D&T, I do love celletani''s ring you posted, but I do want something thinner.
1.gif

I mean, do you think that original ebay ring I posted (from Lauren Klein or whatever) is thinner than the LOGR just looking at the picture?
Tomorrow I will message her through ebay asking if they sell a mounting only, as well as the band and halo thickness.
LamborghiniGirl - How wide is your eternity band? The band on my morganite ring is 2mm in the back and tapers down to 1.8mm where it attaches to the halo. The halo itself is right around 2mm also, maybe a hair less. I don''t think you''ll be happy with my setting for your stone - it is fairly substantial. The Lauren Klein ring does not look as hefty, and the diamonds are definitely smaller. I think a couple PSers purchased some thin rose gold eternity stacking bands from there. If I remember correctly, one was fairly happy with them, and one was not (diamond quality was poor, I think). It''s at least worth a phone call or email to see if they''ll do something custom for you, but just watch the diamond quality.

And also, those LOGR pics I posted were for you - sorry about the wrong name! They are much more delicate. I''ll keep looking, and post if I find anything.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is my Yigal setting, and he can obtain them for a wide variety of cushion stones in your price range. It is a bit more delicate than many of my LOGR''s, but not all.

TLYigalsetting.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2009 10:02:14 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
This is my Yigal setting, and he can obtain them for a wide variety of cushion stones in your price range. It is a bit more delicate than many of my LOGR's, but not all.
TL - do you have a link where I can find those settings?

ETA - Oh, I just found him - he's an eBay vendor, right? Are you happy with the diamond quality?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is my Yigal setting, and he can obtain them for a wide variety of cushion stones in your price range. It is a bit more delicate than many of my LOGR''s, but not all.
TL- I love this setting, it looks very well made i''m checking out those tiny prongs on them melees.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
LG,

I have a tourmaline similar to yours, see picture attached. My main concern was that the delicate colour of the stone looks somewhat washed out on the back of my hand. I wanted to find or build a setting for it that was going to emphasise the colour of the stone and provide some contrast between the colour of my hand.

I looked at a lot of rose gold and for the most part I thought it was likely to overpower the delicate colour of the tourmaline. Now bear in mind I am opting for the custom built ring. I am also living in Canada and working with a US vendor, so dropping in to inspect the shade of rose gold was not an option. In the end I thought it too much of a risk to build a rose gold halo.

In the end I decided on a pale yellow (18K) gold bezel with white diamond halo.

No I can''t show you what it looked like, because my project is on hold while I am working (gardener working 7 days a week during summer!).

Two things inspired me. the first was an image I will post next and the second was the pink diamond ring that Platinumrock has. You will find it on the peachy thread

gardener hand shot 01.jpg

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Inspiration pic:

pink set in yellow gold 02.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/9/2009 10:53:37 AM

TL- I love this setting, it looks very well made i''m checking out those tiny prongs on them melees.
Yes, they are true SI quality white sparkley diamonds (my estimation is G-H color). I have another diamond setting of his with larger diamonds, and I think they are very nice. The quality is decent as well, although a bit light in gold weight. He doesn''t really specialize in semi-mounts, but if you email him, you can ask him about obtaining a semi-mount for any of his gemstone rings. What happened was that I saw this on his website with another stone, and I emailed him about it because it was the exact and perfect size for my cuprian (I emailed him the dimensions of my cuprian and he also said it woud fit). He sold me the same ring with a very inexpensive smokey quartz, which I replaced with this gem. I think the cost was around or near $400 for the setting.

He is very nice to deal with, and I think he has a separate website, off ebay, with higher end jewelry as well.

LamborghiniGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Update!!

I have gone in a very different direction for the setting. And a much higher price tag too! But I am in love...

I found it at a local jewelry store, I saw it with my own eyes before buying and the quality is amazing. So I feel more confident than if I had gone with someone on Ebay.

The band will be very skinny, with diamonds, and then there are two round diamond side stones that will be next to my tourmaline. Then, the whole thing, sidestones and tourmaline are halo''d. The diamond weight is 1 ct and the stones are G-H, VS2 clarity. It will be ready in 2 weeks!

I loved the look of it, and I think it is going to look amazing! I didn''t take a picture but my BF wants to go see it, so when we go I will have him take a photo.

Thanks everyone!!!

LG

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds lovely. Be sure to post that photo!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Really looking forward to seeing the finished ring!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results