shape
carat
color
clarity

OH NO!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/30/2005 5:11:53 PM
Author: laney
I say turn it.

Why? Because the next time a chip happens you won''t feel bad that you ''just replaced'' a whole stone, and ''now this''!

Since it''s something that can be covered by a prong - then take advantage. You can always replace later.

Unless replacing it is the same amount - I say turn it.
37.gif
i like laney''s thinking on this. if the stone isn''t going to be compromised any more than usual, turn it.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, me three. That''s a great idea!!!!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I think the bigger is this: you have just GOTTA relax about this....really.
2.gif
And I sincerely mean it in a nice way.

Stones incur a bit of wear over time; there is absolutely nothing you can do about it unless you want to never wear your ring and put it in a box someplace.....and then it''s not being enjoyed.

You have got to find a way to overcome the mental OCD thing you have going on with *normal wear and tear*. If you find a huge chunk missing like Laney did, then sure....it''s time to release the hounds. But you are going to drive yourself mental if you keep obsessing about something that is just not, not, not preventable.

You have a positively beautiful set of rings. Wear them and enjoy them.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree...

You can''t be sending your ring to WF every other month and having them turn stones when something miniscule happens to the rings. I think you will eventually seriously drive yourself batty. Moreso that is.
5.gif

BUT, if you persist...maybe you should find a local jeweler...
2.gif

thebanjodog

Shiny_Rock
35.gif
ame. aljdewey gave you some good advise. your rings are lovely and you should enjoy them. if you happen to drop them on a hard surface or accidently give them a good whack you should check them for damage but otherwise please try to relax and enjoy them. i have obcessed about a thing or two in my lifetime and can tell you it doesn''t make one a happy camper. i hope this all turns out well for you and that you are soon wearing your ring. banjo

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t know how much it would cost to replace the stone. I also don''t know if the band is insured. However, if just turning it means that you will always be trying to peek under the prong to see the damage, then for your peace of mind maybe you should just replace it. Then you''ll have to stop looking at it under a magnifying glass everyday. It will truly drive you crazy. If you insure it, then you can wear it and knock it around all day long and know that you have insurance to replace any damage. Sometimes it''s worth the price for the peace of mind.

I recently saw Jane Fonda on Larry King Live. She went through years of being bulimic; trying to have the perfect body. She finally stopped herself because she said she knew she would die if she didn''t. She said she has tried to understand and live by these words -

"Good enough is good enough. Perfect is poison."

Good words for us all to live by! Good luck on your decision - make it right for yourself one way or another and enjoy your rings. That''s what they''re for!

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
I have another idea, although you may not like it...what about having the stones re-set into a channel set band? Although I love love love the prong set bands (since that is what I have too), I sometimes feel it wasn''t the most practical choice. I wish I had gotten the channel set band instead. I''m sure there are ways you can damage the stones in that type of setting as well, but probably not as easily as with a prong set band. Then you wouldn''t worry about the girdles scratching up your e-ring too.

anika

Shiny_Rock
Actually channel setting the band is a great idea. This could save you worrying about the same thing happening later.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have debated that as well. The only thing I don''t know about with doing that is will it sparkle the same?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have gotten a channel set quote but the adivice given to me by WF doesn''t lend it to be any safer. And it won''t sparkle the same. I love the way mine looks. So I think it''s worth the risk.

I did decide to swap the stone out for a new one. I think in the long r un I might as well, and I know it will eat at me if I just turn it, Ill be looking for it.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like a good decision for yourself. Here''s hoping that your ring is back with you very soon and that you enjoy it!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I should have it middle of the week next week. I wish I had decided this yesterday.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I''m glad that you are replacing the stone, Ame. It would have driven you crazy!

Now put away the loupe when you get your ring back.
2.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Heh. It's sitting on my dresser in my little "pouch" which I keep my ring box in in my purse.

I think my husband's thought that I leave it at home (unless we leave town) and check it at home only would be good. If Im that worried about it till I get home Ill take it off.

For the last week Ive worn either my promise band or a plain titanium ring I got on Ebay for 10 bucks. ANd I can beat the snot out of either.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results