shape
carat
color
clarity

Oh Chrono . . .

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Oh Chrono (& all else who''d want to play) I''m wondering if I could get your opinion on this over in diamonds:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/gog-video-which-is-the-better-stone.130789/

And, yes,

Your gorgeous August cushions have worn down my defenses and I''m looking to trade up my modern cushion for one. (I really had wanted a lower color one - M - or such but am primarily looking for a great performer.)

Thanks,
Sonoma

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YEAH!!!!! The Disabler is rushing off to change her outfit to her Enabler costume.
11.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/2/2009 7:46:54 AM
Author: Chrono
YEAH!!!!! The Disabler is rushing off to change her outfit to her Enabler costume.
11.gif
LOL!!

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Thanks you soooo much for your help. As you know, I really value your expert opinion (well, so does everyone),

Guess what I just did
27.gif
-

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/6741/

You know, I had that lovely modern cushion from GOG, then I found the antique OMC on e-bay, said I didn''t need another OMC but seems once you go large chunk you can''t go back. Due to this, Modern cushion was basically sitting in a box - so . . . .

(I was really hoping/aiming for something like an M color with strong blue fluorescence, but this is cute, no?)

Sorry for having this in Colored Stone. Will switch any further discussion to the Rocky Talk thread on it. :)

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2009 7:46:54 AM
Author: Chrono
11.gif

DUDE, what kind of Disabler are you????

And to think I gave you a costume, spare tire and all.
11.gif

This is the thanks I get.
27.gif

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Sonoma, you know what's interesting? I looked at the videos first, and at first I liked the 1.45 L because it seems to have more fire in the first lighting. But I liked the 1.46's spread. The size difference is apparent in my eyes. And I'm a size junkie.

Then Rhino changes the lighting and BAM!!! The 1.45 wakes up and shows its true beauty!

I haven't found an appreciation for cushions yet because they tend to face up small to me, but WOW. These stones are stunning!!! I can easily see these stones in color as well.

So hands down, for me, just based on my eyes, I'd take the 1.45 K. I don't really have a chunky/unchunky preference.

It faces up larger, it has awesome fire, and I don't see anything clarity wise.
30.gif

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much Platinum.

Question - You mean the one on the left or the right? The left is a 1.45 K, the right is a 1.46 K?

I really appreciate your looking and your opinion. Thanks so much. Yes, the first video was poor, that is why they redid it. Much better, eh?

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/3/2009 6:27:54 AM
Author: sonomacounty
Thanks so much Platinum.

Question - You mean the one on the left or the right? The left is a 1.45 K, the right is a 1.46 K?

I really appreciate your looking and your opinion. Thanks so much. Yes, the first video was poor, that is why they redid it. Much better, eh?
No problem, SC! Thanks for the eye candy. Sorry for the confusion, I didn''t realize they were both K''s, and the one on the right is the 1.46! How can a .01 of a mm have such a noticeable difference in size? That''s really crazy! What a true difference cut makes!

Yes, the video is so much better, more crisp. I also love warmer colored diamonds, they are so mesmerizing.

Just curious, are you learning towards a particular stone yet? Which one draws your eyes the most?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/2/2009 10:23:12 PM
Author: platinumrock

DUDE, what kind of Disabler are you????

And to think I gave you a costume, spare tire and all.
11.gif

This is the thanks I get.
27.gif
PR,
The secret is out of the bag; the Enable is my alter ego to the Disabler.
25.gif

Sonoma,
I'll reply to your thread in RT.

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I reserved the 1.46, the one on the right. I live close to GOG so I''ll go see it in a few days just to confirm that it works for me in person, too. (And I want to go see the new oec''s in person, too. No, just look - on those.)

Thanks so much.

I don''t know if I''d necessarily say Chrono is an Enabler. (Well, maybe, sometimes
2.gif
). Il do admire her ability to select stones and her gorgeous collection. I put much value on the Chrono Stamp of Approval. :)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sonoma,
That is awesome that you can see it in person and very soon too. There’s nothing better than having the ability handle both by yourself to see which your eye prefers. I hope you’ll love it as much as I love what I see in the video.

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Oh, there's your spess! Beautiful. What a great color for the fall. How are you liking it? They are fascinating stones. I remember you said you are not naturally an "orange" person so how is that working out? Is there a thread on how you set it so I don't have to ask lots of questions you answered elsewhere?

Yes, nice to live 40 mins. from GOG but also a little too tempting sometimes.
26.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Sonoma,
I’ve been debating changing my avatar from the GOG OMC to the spessartite for a while because I thought it was a bad example for a true blooded coloured stoner like myself. Yes, I’m still not an orange person but I love the spessartite and setting. There’s not an ounce of regret whatsoever. If anything, I’m thinking of getting more. I don’t believe I started a specific thread on how I set it. Originally, I was going to try out a LOGR halo but my jeweller gave me such an awesome price on the current setting that I couldn’t turn the offer down. I believe you’ve seen these pictures of the setting?
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/chronos-guess-the-stone-game.113313/page-5
[url=https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/10k-picture-celebration.123267/page-4]https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/10k-picture-celebration.123267/page-4

I’d experience absolutely no hesitancy in visiting GOG more often if I lived that close to them.
[/URL]

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Ah, OK, now I do remember. I love the filigree work on the sides of that setting and the double prongs. Great stone, vibrant.

A spess is on my medium list (short list means most urgent, medium list - when a nice one comes up & if I have the funds, etc.)

Thanks so much.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results