shape
carat
color
clarity

October2008bride is MARRIED!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, what a beautiful couple you two make and what a GREAT dress. Congrats on the wedding and enjoy the honeymoon. I look forward to seeing the rest of the photos.
36.gif

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
That is an amazing photo! You two are gorgeous and look like models!

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!!!!

Congrats on your wedding and enjoy your honeymoon!!!!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, what a stunning photo. Breathtaking.

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!!! I can''t wait to see more! your photographer did a good job
1.gif
you guys are gorgeous!

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
So I''m back!!!

First off, thanks to everyone for the nice comments so far! We are super happy with our photographers and give them all the credit for that pic!

So I have a few more pics now - so bear with me.

My girls and I got ready at the hotel and that was actually really fun. It was nice to have hair and make up come to us so that we could just chill out while not getting ''worked'' on. I was pretty calm until about noon and then the nerves hit. Not crazy nerves, just anxiety. After some discussion about what to do with my hair (bang pinned back? to the side? just left alone?) everything was done and it was time to get dressed!

Here is a picture of me when the dress first went on...

jj12432.jpg

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
It took a few tries to get my dress on right because I had a bustier custom fit to keep the girls in check since the dress was backless, but once it was on...it felt pretty darn real!!

I waited in the bedroom of the suite (the hotel upgraded us!) and my mom brought my dad in. It was a very emotional moment. He hadn''t seen the dress at all and we kept him in the dark. I think he was happy, as I saw him cry for the first time in probably 10 years.

We then gathered everything together to take a few pictures around the hotel while one of the photographers met my FI (I mean DH! haha) at a nearby pub for some ''boy-pics''.

Crap - I''m having issues posting the pics the right size. I''ll just post the link from my photographers blog (I think that is okay).

So basically, the boys had pics and the girls had pics. Then my parents and I walked to the church (you''ll see that picture) and we got hitched!!!

More details in the next post, but here is the blog. We are at the top!

www.boyfriendgirlfriendpictures.com/blog

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Okay so here are the stories.

As we were taking pictures before the ceremony, I started feeling funny. My lower back was tender but I thought it was just nerves. We took a few pics, and I had a seat (even though I was worried about wrinkling the dress!). I figured it would go away. And yes, my heels were low.

So the girls went to the church first to make sure everyone was there/sitting etc. And then, my parents and I left. It was one of the best parts of the day!!! Walking down the street with the cathedral right there, knowing I was walking towards my future husband - well the feeling was surreal. And then. The bells. They must have had someone watching for us, because as we got to the corner near the church, the bells went NUTS. I couldn''t believe it!! It was an incredible feeling.

I was ushered into the small room at the front of the church to wait my turn. I didn''t see many guests and actually asked my girls if people showed up. This is when it all happened so fast. All of a sudden my girls were leaving and walking down the LONG aisle and then it was just the flowergirl (my niece) and me and my dad.

She is only 2.5 years old, so we weren''t sure if the flower girl would make it, but she did and she was great!!! Once she was down the aisle, the doors closed. My dad and I were ready. It was the most intense moment. The organ music changed and out came the trumpet!! Doors opened, and all of a sudden I was walking...down...the aisle. I''d thought about that moment so many times and here it was.

And it was amazing. The church was filled with friends and family, and everyone looked so genuinely happy to see me and my dad. I had thought that I would make sure I was looking at FI as I walked - not wanting to miss a moment and lock eyes and all that, but I couldn''t help but smile so much and look at my friends who had supported me throughout my life and especially during this relationship. And then I saw FI.

He looked nervous. But there were tears in his eyes and I was soo ready.

The ceremony was incredible. It was intense and solemn and I loved every minute of it. I also realized why rehearsals are so important. I bawled during the vows at the rehearsal, but kept it together at the real deal!

Once the ceremony was over, it was so great. That was the important part. I''m glad I felt that way because it was after the ceremony that my back truly gave out. What was a bit of tenderness at the start was now stabbing pain that was actually causing me to sweat and feel sick.

We made it through most of the pictures but I had to keep sitting. I even took a shot of Jagermeister! haha

I even made the pre-reception pictures stop 10 minutes early because I was in so much pain.

So here is where the wedding ''dream'' goes down. I spent most of the reception in agony. Everything went perfectly. The room looked incredible. My friends looked like they were havig fun. The food was outstanding (so I hear - I didn''t eat a bite). The service was incredible.

But I was dying. I spent hundreds of dollars and many many many hours getting that dress and bustier fit to my body, and the first thing I did when I arrived at the reception was rip it off. It was too much. I actually took my dress off 3 times to have my physiotherapist MOH do work on my back. She saw more of my "sexy little bride" underwear than my husband did! The pain was so intense I threw up twice. Lovely.

I kept pushing through though. Id go out, have a few dances, take a break, go back out there, break, etc.

Finally, I said screw it. I didn''t want to miss my entire reception (I''d missed a lot already) so I went out, had a shot, and danced with my friends. The dancing actually relieved a lot of pressure on my back so it was good!

My favourite part of the night? Well I have 2. The first were the speeches. Everyone put so much effort in and I was so touched by what everyone said. Especially my husband. His speech was incredible. The second was the last dance. I surprised Jay with the Beatles'' "All you need is love" as our last dance. I wanted something upbeat and we always sing that song when we sing the Moulin Rouge love melody...haha. We danced, and then everyone got in a big circle and sang along.

Seiriously it was straight out of a movie!!

Once it was done, I was saved my amazing bridesmaids who cleaned up/packed up/etc while Jay and I went to the hotel. I am so lucky to have friends like them - they really went above and beyond and I truly wouldn''t have been okay without them.

Regrets? Yes. 1. Spending so much time worrying about making sure that everything was in place for our guests to have an amazing time and obviously not taking care of myself properly. I can''t fix that, and I can''t think of specific signs I missed, but I should have taken better care of myself. 2. I forgot my speech in the bridal suite and was in too much pain to get it, so I winged it. It wasn''t bad, it just wasn''t the 100% effort that I wanted.

That''s it. Was it the ''best day of my life''? Even with the pain, I''d say yes. I married my best friend and was surrounded by amazing friends and family who were so filled with love and support for us. It wasn''t perfect, and I wish wish wish that I could have been in better shape at the reception, but what can ya do, right?

Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to give you BIW''s an idea of a non-perfect wedding. Things can go wrong, they will. But if it is just that the dj played the chicken dance, consider yourself lucky because you could be lying almost naked on the floor of your bridal suite with your fancy dress in a pile while your MOH rubs your back and 140 of your favourite people are partying and enjoying themselves just outside the door
2.gif

When I get more pics, I''ll post them - if you have any questions, just ask!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
you two are stunning as a couple, like out of an ad.

hope you had a great day, congrats and looking forward to more pictures!!!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a great story! I can''t wait for more pics (hint, hint!).

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
October I checked out the pics and they are gorgeous!! Were you in pain during those pics? Because I cannot tell AT ALL! You were glowing. Thank you for sharing your day with us!
1.gif

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/22/2008 11:28:03 PM
Author: SarahLovesJS
October I checked out the pics and they are gorgeous!! Were you in pain during those pics? Because I cannot tell AT ALL! You were glowing. Thank you for sharing your day with us!
1.gif
I was - not the super intense pain for the ceremony and you don''t get to see many of the pain-pics on the blog (actually - the one in the parking garage I was in severe pain). When I get more pictures from after the ceremony, you can tell me if I look pained. haha

LauraBabe08

Shiny_Rock
Your photos are beautiful! I especially love the ones of you and hubby in the parking garage, you and your parents walking down the street, and you and DH leaving the church, showered with flower petals.

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
I *think* I figured out how to post them - just to save people from going to the blog.

boy pics.jpg

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
2 more...

rosepetal exit october.jpg

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Last one for now!

candy apple flower details.jpg

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Wow--your pictures are so pretty. I am envious of your gorgeous church! And you couldn''t have looked any lovelier. Congrats again! I''m sorry to hear your wedding day wasn''t perfect, but it sounds like you handled the adversity with strength and grace, and on the bright side, you have a lifetime of happiness ahead of you!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Oh, October, I am soooo thrilled for you!!! Your pictures are AMAZING- you and your hubby make such a gorgeous couple!!!

Im so sorry that you were in so much pain on your wedding day....that''s terrible...Have they determined the origin of your back problems??? You are too young!

Im glad everything else worked out though- your day seriously looked perfect....How was your honeymoon? We need pics!!!
2.gif

Congrats again, sweetie!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
October- you were a stunning bride and you and DH make a picture perfect couple. I am so sorry you had to be in such agony on you wedding day but I really comend you for getting through it. It seems like you were still able to have a fabulous day. Enjoy your beautiful pictures and memories!

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Your wedding was beautiful! How was the honeymoon? Where you able to enjoy Bali even with the back pain?

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful pictures October! I love the very first one you posted, it is gorgeous!

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks girls! The honeymoon was incredible! When I download pics I will post a few - no back pain there. I felt better the next day. The NEXT day! How annoying is that? I also had a few massages in Bali - they were sooo cheap there!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!! You and Hubby looked so gorgeous! I love your photgrapher...
30.gif

Congratulations!!!
36.gif

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, October...you are a stunning couple! Congratulations! I''m terribly sorry to hear that you were feeling bad, but it sounds like you were surrounded by the warmth of love and family...which I''m sure more than made up for it!

Beautiful pictures, btw (who is your photographer?) One of my favorites is the one of you two coming out of the church and being showered with petals. I dream of doing this for my own wedding, but often wonder about the logistics (being that you leave the church before your guests, how do you get them to line the walkway outside the church?) If you have a minute, please let me know how you made this happen. Thanks!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/23/2008 3:19:30 PM
Author: idreamofcushions
Wow, October...you are a stunning couple! Congratulations! I''m terribly sorry to hear that you were feeling bad, but it sounds like you were surrounded by the warmth of love and family...which I''m sure more than made up for it!

Beautiful pictures, btw (who is your photographer?) One of my favorites is the one of you two coming out of the church and being showered with petals. I dream of doing this for my own wedding, but often wonder about the logistics (being that you leave the church before your guests, how do you get them to line the walkway outside the church?) If you have a minute, please let me know how you made this happen. Thanks!
I second that! Please tell us how you did that - I helped with a wedding last month where they did that, but the couple exited after the ceremony, had to RUN back around the church, waited for everyone to exit the front of the church, then the couple took all their pictures while everyone had to wait outside out front. After that they finally made their official "exit" with the rosepetals being thrown.

Regardless, that is one of my favorite photos of you too! Congratulations and I''m glad you got to feeling better!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results