shape
carat
color
clarity

October 24th shopping trip to Pearl Paradise

Mondayschild

Shiny_Rock
The metallic white drops picked for me were utterly gorgeous - but they don't fit into my current lifestyle/budget so Jeremy & PP team found me a pair of 8.1mm silver overtone blue akoyas :love: they got posted today. Very excited! Either white metallic rounds or blue akoyas with silvery tones were on my wish list so I'm a happy camper.

michellechan2211

Shiny_Rock
So I was Shizuka on the chat and I requested a blue Akoya with a rose overtone for a pendant for my mom (and was told to go email Hisano ^^; )

Hisano sent me some pictures yesterday/Wednesday depending on which timezone you want to go by and I picked one of the gorgeous ones picked by Hisano, second from the top. I believe it is an 8mm pearl, which will be placed on a pendant and gifted to mom (my grandmother recently passed so I thought it would be something nice). I know it wasn't shown in the chat but Jeremy and 4RG were nice enough to chat with me on Google + so I thought i would add to the eyecandy~

10-30-13a.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
tara3056|1383248269|3548300 said:
All of you were correct! I went for the blue-green one that's third from the left in the first pic and third from the top in the 2nd :appl: Super-excited!

Yay! It looks gorgeous. We need neck shots when you get them k? :lol:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
LitGeek|1383242800|3548240 said:
icy Are those metallic white drops? They are GORGEOUS :love: :love: :love: Good for you for passing on the metallics if you know they aren't right for you...I am sure there will be plenty of other pearls soon that will be perfect for you. They are pretty though!

LitGeek: Yeah, think these strands will look great on someone with a fairer complexion. They are pretty indeed. If anyone is interested, pls use these pics and ask for them. And yes, these are the white metallic drops that 4RG picked for me.

4Ranch Girl said:
Icy The miror luster those drops are TDF and when you get them into your hand you will see why I say that. I love mine and wear them a lot and I hope you will too.

4RG: I absolutely trust your taste (cos you have the most GORGEOUS pearls). Looking forward to getting them. Thanks again!!

bsomlo said:
Those drops are stunning. I keep looking at the picture. I'm not usually a fan of ovals (I like pointy drops) but those are perfection. Size, shape, luster -- perfection!

Hee, I am a fan of pointy drops like 4RG's metallics too. But the lustre is so great huh? Feel so lucky to have a personal shopper. :D

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
michellechan2211|1383293437|3548547 said:
So I was Shizuka on the chat and I requested a blue Akoya with a rose overtone for a pendant for my mom (and was told to go email Hisano ^^; )

Hisano sent me some pictures yesterday/Wednesday depending on which timezone you want to go by and I picked one of the gorgeous ones picked by Hisano, second from the top. I believe it is an 8mm pearl, which will be placed on a pendant and gifted to mom (my grandmother recently passed so I thought it would be something nice). I know it wasn't shown in the chat but Jeremy and 4RG were nice enough to chat with me on Google + so I thought i would add to the eyecandy~

10-30-13a.jpg

That is so sweet. And it's good to know that these special akoyas are going to good homes. How will the pendant be set?

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Ooooooo I'm so suffering from Pearl Envy ! You all have purchased such gorgeous pearls...Icy .. those white metallics ..mmmmmm..yum..pointy..oval...who cares..they are fabulous! And Michelle... that beautiful pearl for your mum...very sweet of you !

michellechan2211

Shiny_Rock
icy_jade|1383309075|3548596 said:
That is so sweet. And it's good to know that these special akoyas are going to good homes. How will the pendant be set?

I kind of overspent my budget so I picked whatever was the cheapest. XD; *admits* I'm still debating between the white and yellow gold. I wanted YG to bring out the rose overtone, but blue looks best with silver ;A;

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
icy_jade|1383309075|3548596 said:

10-30-13a.jpg

Yes, super thoughtful of you! And that blue Akoya you chose is lovely!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock

10-30-13a.jpg
Your mom will love this very special gift. Those pearls are jaw droping gorgeous. How sweet you are to give this to her. I am so glad you are getting one of these special pearls.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock

10-30-13a.jpg

I'm excited for you and your Mom!! These akoyas are gorgeous- I bought 2 of them and they are amazing!! Hope your Mom loves it!

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Michelle,
What a thoughtful and beautiful gift to your mom. I was so tempted when I saw those akoya. When I saw the video showing 49 more SS pearls I knew I needed more. I want a WSS pendant, but more than likely won't wear as a suite with the oval earrings. Here are two that I chose. The blue one is very pretty and different. The white one has the same silver overtone as my earrings. PP will drill them. I have not decided which pendant finding yet.

wss_single.jpg

michellechan2211

Shiny_Rock
Thank you everyone for your kind words :) I'm sure my mom will treasure it. (And I get to see it as eyecandy~)

In the end, I selected the yellow gold bale. The WG bale would have been pretty on the pearl, but the YG bale just emphasized that color and overtone. *_*

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
HHPmom|1383366053|3548969 said:
Michelle,
What a thoughtful and beautiful gift to your mom. I was so tempted when I saw those akoya. When I saw the video showing 49 more SS pearls I knew I needed more. I want a WSS pendant, but more than likely won't wear as a suite with the oval earrings. Here are two that I chose. The blue one is very pretty and different. The white one has the same silver overtone as my earrings. PP will drill them. I have not decided which pendant finding yet.

Yay! Your new SS pearls are breathtaking :love: :love: :love: Details please :appl: :appl: :appl: Looking forward to seeing how you set them :wavey:

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
HHPmom|1383366053|3548969 said:
Michelle,
I am so glad you are getting more of these because they will go with those spectactular earrings of yours. :mrgreen:

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
My turn! Here is my gold metallic freshwater strand!
Thanks so much to 4RanchGirl and Kim from PP! Can't wait to see them!
I wear a lot of blue, purple and pink and these will go well!
Plus I suspect my Vietnamese akoya bracelet will be a close enough match to wear with them!
Too exciting!

_11660.jpg

_11661.jpg

_11662.jpg

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl: periwinklegirl they are lovely and I am glad you like them

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
I'm delighted! And that's without seeing them in person. Thanks again for a memorable shopping experience!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
That's an amazing color! I am looking forward to more pictures.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the pendant I had set. The pearl is one I chose back in August from the June HK trip. I will try and take a better picture because it was sunset so the light was fading. You can see the green on the edges and neon from the sign 20 feet away of the resturant I was standing by.

metallic-green-overtone.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the picture. I love the neon reflecting off your pearl!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1383707233|3551363 said:
Here is the pendant I had set. The pearl is one I chose back in August from the June HK trip. I will try and take a better picture because it was sunset so the light was fading. You can see the green on the edges and neon from the sign 20 feet away of the resturant I was standing by.

It is so BEAUTIFUL :love: :love: :love: :appl: :appl: :appl:

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
periwinklegirl Your new strand is just lovely! Congrats and enjoy!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
periwinklegirl|1383705575|3551337 said:
My turn! Here is my gold metallic freshwater strand!
Thanks so much to 4RanchGirl and Kim from PP! Can't wait to see them!
I wear a lot of blue, purple and pink and these will go well!
Plus I suspect my Vietnamese akoya bracelet will be a close enough match to wear with them!
Too exciting!

Hi periwinklegirl! I'm considering getting 2 gold metallic strands for my future MIL and my mom to wear to my wedding. PP's Nov special is for the graduated metallic strands. Did you get the silver peach overtone or the gold peach overtone? I'm trying to decide between the two.

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
4 Ranch Girl, what a lovely pendant! Incredible lustre! Looking forward to seeing your pistachios!

Hi sortmom,
I didn't specify, but I think mine is officially gold-pink. I haven't actually seen it in person yet. But the photos Kim sent are lovely.
Personally I would go for the gold peach vs the silver peach, as the silver peach would be paler. If that makes any sense.
I think Jane Smith got the darker gold one 4 Ranch Girl picked out - Jeremy mentioned it had green overtones (and I didn't want that). Not sure if that's what she picked though.
I think mine was the one at the top of the tray. It looks like it anyway.
I will report back once I've seen it.
Good luck!

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
4RG, is that a FW metallic? Love the green overtone and sharp luster. What is the dimension? Is that the finding from Pearl Classics?

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
HHP it is a metallic freshwater wild green overtone over a gold body on the top and pink body on the bottom 10.4 wide and about 14 long.

michellechan2211

Shiny_Rock
Me reporting back about the blue Akoya pendant: IT ARRIVED! <3

Sad thing is, I didn't manage to get any pictures :< I promise I will try to get some pictures as soon as possible!

tara3056

Shiny_Rock
I got my blue-green baroque Tahitian strand today, too! :love: I love it! Unfortunately, it was dark out by the time UPS came, so no pics yet, but I am wearing it right now and will try to get pics of it asap. This is my first strand of pearls (I own studs, a tin cup, and a pendant, but no strands). It's so luxurious! I love the weight of the pearls, and how they warm up on the skin. I'm hooked! I can already tell I'm really going to be wanting a white strand when the budget allows (even though I can't get my hubby on board with that one - he says I'm only 32 and white round pearls are for when I get older :nono:). The only thing I'm not entirely crazy about is the clasp. I got the matte white gold ball clasp, and it just feels a little cheap to me. I might look into upgrading it in the future.

BTW: this strand matches my round stud earrings very, very well! 4RG, you did such a great job finding this one for me - thank you so much again!

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Here are my new pearls from Pearl Paradise. 12mm Cherry Tahitian in a diamond cage setting, and a 14.5 Edison with a 14k diamond Flame setting.

We decided not to drill the pearl, Jeremy said it's the finest cherry he's ever had. The flame setting isn't on the PP website and has a 15 point diamond.

cherry_anniversary_gift.jpg

newcherry2.jpg

newedison1.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
NacreLover -- Thanks for sharing! What beautiful pearls. To own "the finest cherry" Jeremy has ever had is very special. Wear them all in good health.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results