shape
carat
color
clarity

October 24th shopping trip to Pearl Paradise

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Ok here is the plan so far. I will update if there is any more info and if I can't post I will call Nacre Lover to keep you updated.

We will try to start filming between 10 and 10:30 AM Pacific time. They are going to try and figure out a way that more people can participate in the chat. If you want to ask me questions and can't get on the chat call PP.

I just want to remind everyone.... I am just a little old lady who loves and wears pearls. No special training or knowledge just what looks good to my eye. This shopping trip is one I have been doing on my own for many years just for myself but now you get to go along with me. Hope you like what I find and select for you. :wavey:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Unfortunately, I won't be able to tune in live because I'll be at work.

I assume you will provide a link to watch your shopping trip after it airs live.

I look forward to seeing it!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
4Ranch Girl said:
Niel|1382389901|3541866 said:
So my apologies if I sound like an idiot. I'm new to this side of the forum.

fly girl suggested I post over here as I was looking to get a nice budget strand for my mother. I was looking at getting her a 8-9 white ones, I wanted a metallic luster but they looked like they were sold out of that.

http://www.pearlparadise.com/8090-mm-White-Freshwater-Pearl-Necklace544.aspx

My price range was around 250-275, so I was looking at AA+, but I wanna make sure they were a good strand of AA+

If you see any I'd love the help looking from someone who really knows what they are going.
Hi welcome to this forum. NL Called me at work this afternoon and I said I would be happy to look for your mother's pearls. So what you want is 8mm to 9mm metallic white silver overtone or AA+ or better. They will be round to the eye at AA+ because there is not bead in fWP's like there are in akoyas. Hopefully I will be able to find what you want.

You are just beyond helpful. NL had posted a pic of ones she called white with a green overtone(or was it undertone?) Any who. These would be amazing. Essentially something with a cooler tone, to go with black. White pearls with as good a luster as my poor little budget can manage. 8-9, and relatively round AA+.

Anything that really catches your eye.

Colored more like the bottom, avoiding colores like the top. One million thanks. I feel like a fish out of water in this side of the forum.

uploadfromtaptalk1382480829233.jpg

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Niel,
Welcome to the pearl side!

I have a strand of the white metallics with green undertones like in your pic. PP was selling them this summer (I think I got mine in the Mother's Day sale). I really like them and wear them when I want to do a choker length. Their white akoyas are also stunning (I have a bracelet of them). I'm sure your mother will love them regardless.

Good luck!

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1382419300|3542095 said:
periwinklegirl|1382418412|3542091 said:
4Ranch Girl|1382331521|3541469 said:
periwinklegirl|1382328744|3541454 said:
I covet that second strand from the bottom - golden fresh water metallics!!
Do you want me to have it set aside for you? :appl: :appl: :appl: If you do.

Umm, yes, depending on the price! I can't tell if it's a $200 strand or a $600 one (which a little out of my price range at the moment).
I've been overspending my pearl budget so far this year.

Thanks so much! They really are to die for!
After I choose the pearls contact PP for the price because I do not know what it is and only ask if I am buying them for myself. Hopefully they will be ok for your pocketbook.

I have contacted them. Thanks so much 4Ranchgirl!!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
I hope I'm not too late. I'm interested in a white 16" Freshadama strand of pearls 9.0-9.5mm (http://www.pearlparadise.com/9095-mm-White-Freshadama-Freshwater-Pearl-Necklace756.aspx). I'm looking for silver-rose, silver, or rose overtones but I'm most interested in a strand with strong orient. Do you think you can help me look for one?

I'd love to participate in the live shopping experience too?

Also, for those that are interested and can wait, PP will have put up a special page up on Black Friday and will be doing a 20% off deal on Cyber Monday.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is there a link to video stream?

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
baby monster|1382632711|3543752 said:
Is there a link to video stream?

I imagine someone will come on here and post a link- I'm excitedly waiting,too!!!!!!!!!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I expect that she is still busy sorting through those gorgeous pearls. Tough job, but someone has to do it! :wink2:

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl|1382633765|3543765 said:
I expect that she is still busy sorting through those gorgeous pearls. Tough job, but someone has to do it! :wink2:
Haha- wish I could help her out!!! Poor thing- we gave her quite a shopping list. Thank you soooooo much 4RG :appl: :appl: :appl:

SMC

Ideal_Rock
4Ranch Girl: Thank you so much for the live video of your shopping experience! I'm glad that you and Jeremy were able to see my request. I'm actually contacted them earlier today and am waiting for a comparison photo between the Hanadama and the Freshadama pearls before I make my final decision.

Thanks again!

tara3056

Shiny_Rock
4Ranch Girl: Thank you SO much for being so generous with your time in helping fellow pearl lovers make their selections! Who do we contact at PP to inquire about getting pics of the items you and Jeremy selected? Jeremy himself? If so, do you have his email address that you could share?

The audio had problems when you were holding my 4 potential strands up but they sure looked lovely on your neck and you did a funny hand-slap gesture which I can only guess as to its meaning :) Hehe.

Thank you again! :appl:

rengb6

Rough_Rock
Thank you 4Ranch Girl for helping Jeremy select my Tahitian studs! I'm excited to get the pics and choose one. Your the Tahitian queen so I knew I had to have your opinion!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much.

I must admit I was laughing my head off when you got to mine. Telling me I should pick those. You both seemed very adamant so I am on those so fast. Haha.

michellechan2211

Shiny_Rock
Thanks 4RG and Jeremy for showing us all those amazing pearls <3 I enjoyed myself looking and even though I couldn't really stay to watch the whole thing, I swear it was worth losing sleep at like 2am in the morning. XD;

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I'm watching the you tube video now..omg .. I've got to go there !! It's my new Happy Place !! :appl: Well done!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
tara3056|1382651484|3543958 said:
4Ranch Girl: Thank you SO much for being so generous with your time in helping fellow pearl lovers make their selections! Who do we contact at PP to inquire about getting pics of the items you and Jeremy selected? Jeremy himself? If so, do you have his email address that you could share?

The audio had problems when you were holding my 4 potential strands up but they sure looked lovely on your neck and you did a funny hand-slap gesture which I can only guess as to its meaning :) Hehe.

Thank you again! :appl:
You are welcome!

On PP web page at the very bottom is a contact us. Make sure you tell them your screen name and what it is I picked out for you and your email addy so they can send you pictures of what has been set aside for you to choose from.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much 4RG. I'm still playing catch-up and just started watching your video, but thanks!!!
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Looking forward to see what lovelies you picked for yourself too. I'm sure they are very special.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
4Ranch Girl - Thank you so much to you, Jeremy, the Pearl Paradise staff and to your son for all you did to bring us this video of these wonderful pearls. Truly, you were in Pearl Paradise. :love:

I was able to watch the first 45 minutes live and so I got to see you select my purple metallics. Thank you so much. :appl: I contacted Jeremy and when he is back in the office after this weekend, he will be having the pearls photographed. I am looking forward to seeing them in all their pearly metallic glory.

I just finished watching the entire video,. It was wonderful to see all the different kinds of pearls and to see what others were looking for. Besides seeing the gorgeous pearls, it was fun to see you having fun. Thank you so much for sharing your pearl buying trip with us. :wavey:

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Flygirl, I was just talking to 4ranchgirl about watching Jeremy and Cynde selecting your strands yesterday afternoon. It occurred when watching them shopping for you, how nice it was to see them going though the shopping list and seeing them look though the strands trying to find just the perfect choice, not knowing which one you would have chose if you had been sitting there at the table. At least you know they chose the 4 that closest met your criteria to choose from.

I haven't seen my glamor shots of the 4 Edison's Hisano selected in Hong Kong to make a matching pendant to go with my dangle earrings, or the 12mm Cherry Tahitian they selected for my 39th anniversary present, but with the two of them as my personal shoppers, I am assured they selected just what I should add to my pearl collection. Cynde told me my pearl was on the PP facebook page, so I went over and found it along with some blue and green Tahitians. She is right, I did NEED it.

anniversarycherry.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
NacreLover|1382781329|3544938 said:
Flygirl, I was just talking to 4ranchgirl about watching Jeremy and Cynde selecting your strands yesterday afternoon. It occurred when watching them shopping for you, how nice it was to see them going though the shopping list and seeing them look though the strands trying to find just the perfect choice, not knowing which one you would have chose if you had been sitting there at the table. At least you know they chose the 4 that closest met your criteria to choose from.

Yes, in addition to having two smart pearl people picking out a strand for you, it is quite interesting to see what it is they are choosing from. Otherwise you wonder: Was this the only strand that they had? How many were there to pick from? How similar are they? Seeing that they had a tray of purple metallics to pick from, and they were looking for metallic color and red overtones, tells me a lot. In the case of LitGeek's black akoyas, you could see there was a big box of similar strands and they picked out a couple of beauties. The story of HHPmom's SS drops was interesting. Good to know that if you want something like she has, now is the time to jump in. In addition to picking our pearls, we were treated to a lot of information about the current state of the world's pearl market. All in all, a wonderful video and well worth watching, even if you didn't get in on the initial shopping list. :))

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Boy wasn't that the truth. Jeremy sure did give lots of insider information on how he buys pearls, how to repair your items yourself and with what, how the Edisons went from fireballs to round and much more. I'm glad he added so much education to this chat, I hope he continues this in future editions.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
NacreLover|1382801591|3545059 said:
Boy wasn't that the truth. Jeremy sure did give lots of insider information on how he buys pearls, how to repair your items yourself and with what, how the Edisons went from fireballs to round and much more. I'm glad he added so much education to this chat, I hope he continues this in future editions.

It was a fascinating video. Loved the story about Hisano's amazing soufflé.

NL: The pearl that they picked out for your anniversary looks AMAZING. Even tho the video was a little blurry, you can see it's a beauty.

LitGeek: Pls let us know which akoya strand you picked k? I like the bluish one that 4RG picked I think. ::)

4RG: Thanks so much again.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
icy_jade|1382805075|3545083 said:
LitGeek: Pls let us know which akoya strand you picked k? I like the bluish one that 4RG picked I think. ::)

I haven't picked one out yet, as I am waiting on glamor shots to decide :geek: What about you...are you thinking about picking up anything?

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
NacreLover|1382781329|3544938 said:

I haven't seen my glamor shots of the 4 Edison's Hisano selected in Hong Kong to make a matching pendant to go with my dangle earrings, or the 12mm Cherry Tahitian they selected for my 39th anniversary present, but with the two of them as my personal shoppers, I am assured they selected just what I should add to my pearl collection. Cynde told me my pearl was on the PP facebook page, so I went over and found it along with some blue and green Tahitians. She is right, I did NEED it.
I think my earrings are the pearls flanking your cherry in the picture. Oh my :love: :love: :love: I NEEdED blues body pearls to match my strand.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness.

I just watched the whole two and a half hours of the chat. I CANNOT believe I missed it live - 4RanchGirl how generous of you and the PP crew to share your time with all of us!! (Even the latecomers ;( )

I just reached out to PP on Friday to ask about collecting pearls for a bracelet of round "cherry" tahitians. NacreLover, I sent Kim at PP some of the photos you've posted of your incredible set as I have been drooling over your cherries for over a year now, I hope you don't mind! I started talking to them about this project last year but was told that these sorts of pearls could take months to find... so I know this could be a long-term venture. I'm very excited to (hopefully!!) get started soon though!

ETA: Niel, I laughed out loud - I rather feel like a stranger in a foreign land over here too :rodent: still PS but diamond-speak does not translate at all!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
LitGeek|1382810882|3545117 said:
I haven't picked one out yet, as I am waiting on glamor shots to decide :geek: What about you...are you thinking about picking up anything?

4RG and Jeremy picked out 3 FWP strands and metallic white drops. I really wanted bluish strand but Jeremy said they are lavender. So not sure since lavender usually doesn't work on me. But am really waiting for pics too! For the metallic whites, I really wanted white graduated strand and metallic rounds... but those are not available... the metallic whites were something I wanted for work so waiting for pics to decide if I'll go for the drops. Maybe if I use the drops as a 'jacket' for my diamond studs? :loopy:

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
icy_jade|1382860321|3545461 said:
LitGeek|1382810882|3545117 said:

4RG and Jeremy picked out 3 FWP strands and metallic white drops. I really wanted bluish strand but Jeremy said they are lavender. So not sure since lavender usually doesn't work on me. But am really waiting for pics too! For the metallic whites, I really wanted white graduated strand and metallic rounds... but those are not available... the metallic whites were something I wanted for work so waiting for pics to decide if I'll go for the drops. Maybe if I use the drops as a 'jacket' for my diamond studs? :loopy:

Metallic drop jackets would be really pretty and versatile. You can't go wrong with a great basic and I bet you would reach for them often :naughty:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Icy -- as your pearl friend I will speak to you frankly. You MUST buy those drops! I watched the first 55 minutes of the video. If 4Ranch says they rival hers -- YOU MUST BUY THEM! I wore my metallic drops with my new triple white metallic graduated strand and they are the prettiest drops! But not as big as I'd like and the ones they chose for you seem substantial. Jeremy loved how oval the are. They looked gorgeous. If the strand isn't the right color for you, don't buy it! But you can't give a pass on those oval white metallic drops.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results