shape
carat
color
clarity

O color RB with a strong blue fluor

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2009 7:21:22 PM
Author: Rockdiamond
That''s an excellent point, and no surprise Maisie- especially with a stone cut like an Infinity. The entire cut is designed to do bring out the type light you want in a colorless.
On a stone like the cushion, the larger facets, and overall shape make for a longer light-path- put simply, this is part of what increases the perception of color.
The N colored Radiant, to me, is nothing like a colorless stone- I would not like that particular cut in a D color, for example.
I''m sure your stone is a knockout Maisie! It probably looks very much like an I or J color much of the time!
Hi Rockdiamond,
Thank you for posting the pictures. They are really gorgeous colors. I love them.
I am interested to know more of the infinity cut diamond. You''re saying that their cut is aimed to make any color look more like a colorless tone. Am I right, so far? Can I then make the assumption that if I get a J color in an infinity cut, it will look more like an H perhaps?
Thanks!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Here is a link to the M I1 I bought from wink. It's an Infinity stone. It's hard to tell in the photos what the color is but you can see that it looks white set in a platinum bezel pendant. Of course held up to a D, E or F it would look quite warm because it is a real M. You have to expect warmth and a light yellow tingle with M, N, O-P colors but you still can have a beautiful stone.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/stone-from-winfields-pendant-from-wf.81542/

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/29/2009 9:59:24 PM
Author: joelly

Date: 4/29/2009 7:21:22 PM
Author: Rockdiamond
That''s an excellent point, and no surprise Maisie- especially with a stone cut like an Infinity. The entire cut is designed to do bring out the type light you want in a colorless.
On a stone like the cushion, the larger facets, and overall shape make for a longer light-path- put simply, this is part of what increases the perception of color.
The N colored Radiant, to me, is nothing like a colorless stone- I would not like that particular cut in a D color, for example.
I''m sure your stone is a knockout Maisie! It probably looks very much like an I or J color much of the time!
Hi Rockdiamond,
Thank you for posting the pictures. They are really gorgeous colors. I love them.
I am interested to know more of the infinity cut diamond. You''re saying that their cut is aimed to make any color look more like a colorless tone. Am I right, so far? Can I then make the assumption that if I get a J color in an infinity cut, it will look more like an H perhaps?
Thanks!
You''re quite welcome Joelly!

The basic "Tolkowsky" design tends to hide the perceived color in diamonds- so I''d assume that the Infinity cut will follow suit.
Will a Jcolor look like an H? Well, it''s likely that if you compared two "Near Tolkowsky" stones- (or two Infinity cuts) in an H and J color, the H would look whiter- but there may be little or no perceived color in the J when viewed independently.

centy

Rough_Rock
If I'm correctly guessing the stone that you have in mind I think that it'd be great looking as long as you aren't expecting ice white. One of the top two picks for the ring that I just had made was the 1.23 ct. L VS2 Infinity, which also has SB fluorescence, and it's very nice facing up. From the side it's easy to see a hint of color though. While slightly warmer, I'd imagine that the O wouldn't look too far off white and would have unique character.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results