carat
color
clarity

NYT live election forecast

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1478717877|4095895 said:
Oh please, Trump has shown the world exactly who he is. People who voted for him support him. End of story. If you believe racism is wrong, you don't vote for a racist.

Curious - how long have you been a liar, accepting/offering bribes, and oppressing Christians and those in the LGBT community? Do you only have two faces, or maybe three, depending on the company you keep?

You should get properly measured for YOUR labels, since you insist others own the ones you hurl by virtue of their votes. :roll:

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My son and I sat in shock, hands over our mouths.... Then he said, "the silent majority was real."

Liberals were the vocal minority. Trump supporters didn't want to say out loud that they were actually Trump supporters because they didn't want to deal with the shit storm that would predictably come to them by the liberals. Although, I DO think Bernie supporters voted for Trump...which blows my mind.

I also loathe the DNC after this election. They screwed Bernie. They cheated and lied with Hillary. It was their actions that put Trump in office as far as I am concerned. They should have known better to put someone like Hillary up as a candidate. She was too dirty and too unlikeable. Coupled with their crappy actions of cheating the debates, inciting fights, and screwing Bernie, they let me and my fellow democrats down.

I am SO angry at Hillary's arrogance. She, of all people, should have known that she was too flawed to win this election. She should have loved this country enough to do what was best for the people. She should have handed this election over to Bernie, instead of cheating him. Bernie had a passionate movement. People would have gone out and cast their vote for him. She had nothing. The people of this country were not her first concern. Winning the presidency was her first concern, and that makes her no better than Trump.

Once Trump takes over the presidency in January, my real concerns lie with the people. It is November 9th and today it will be 77 degrees outside when usually it is about 65 degrees. We have had steady, warm temperatures like this all through the "fall," if you can call it that.

I am worried about all of the people who will be left uninsured. My husband works in health insurance. When Obamacare first rolled out, his company volunteered to assist people who needed to enroll. My husband received calls every day from people with preexisting conditions that were deadly, where they would now get medical treatment. People would actually cry on the phone to him and say their lives were saved. People will die once obamacare is dismantled. My kid, with a preexisting condition will get one more year of healthcare under the pre-obamacare rules. I hope he can get a job, while getting his Master's.

I am SO worried about our economy. I think this is going to be GW Bush 2.0.

And finally, the global politics has me most worried. Trump has said some anxiety provoking things about Russia! Putin has already made a speech saying he is willing to mend our relationship! It was quite unsettling actually...kind of like he was a giddy child.

And Trump has congress....

I am also a bit confused. I don't want to believe that racism is as rampant as it seems. I want to believe that people were voting against Hillary rather than for Donald, but I am not so sure. Maybe we haven't come as far as I've hoped. Maybe this nation is still full of bigots. This thought hurts my heart.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
HILLARY WON THE POPULAR VOTE.

That is our take away.

She won it. She lost the electoral college.

But th majority of voters DID NOT VOTE for TRUMP.

Is it a bitter truth. Yes, but there is hope in there.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The youngins will have their voice heard.

eliza.png

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
I am worried about all of the people who will be left uninsured. My husband works in health insurance. When Obamacare first rolled out, his company volunteered to assist people who needed to enroll. My husband received calls every day from people with preexisting conditions that were deadly, where they would now get medical treatment. People would actually cry on the phone to him and say their lives were saved. People will die once obamacare is dismantled. My kid, with a preexisting condition will get one more year of healthcare under the pre-obamacare rules. I hope he can get a job, while getting his Master's.

There are two sides of Obamacare.

If you had very little money and qualified for a subsidiary, then fine.

But if you worked and made too much money to qualify, but were not rich by any means then you were scr*wed.

If my husband had retired, and I would have had to get my insurance though Obam care, I would have been stuck with a $5,000 deductible, rather then the $1,500 one I have now. The premium would be double for half the coverage. That is why my husband keeps working. And yes I have multiple pre existing conditions.

My son's friends, healthy people in their late 20s, could not afford it as the burden was on them to balance out those who were the sickest but paid little. They ended up paying a penalty.

So while Obama care might have worked for you, for others it was aa n expensive disaster.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1478727506|4095996 said:
HILLARY WON THE POPULAR VOTE.

That is our take away.

She won it. She lost the electoral college.

But th majority of voters DID NOT VOTE for TRUMP.

Is it a bitter truth. Yes, but there is hope in there.
By such a narrow margin. A fraction of one percent. Which hardly feels like a win when according to all of the polls, yesterday should have been a slam dunk for Hillary.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
CNN last night did a comparison of how she did compared to Obama, and she lost ground in every category.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1478728864|4096006 said:

There are two sides of Obamacare.

If you had very little money and qualified for a subsidiary, then fine.

But if you worked and made too much money to qualify, but were not rich by any means then you were scr*wed.

If my husband had retired, and I would have had to get my insurance though Obam care, I would have been stuck with a $5,000 deductible, rather then the $1,500 one I have now. The premium would be double for half the coverage. That is why my husband keeps working. And yes I have multiple pre existing conditions.

My son's friends, healthy people in their late 20s, could not afford it as the burden was on them to balance out those who were the sickest but paid little. They ended up paying a penalty.

So while Obama care might have worked for you, for others it was aa n expensive disaster.
I don't have health insurance through Obamacare.

Certain rules applied to everyone, regardless of where they obtain their health insurance.

Anyone with older kids can keep their children on their insurance until they are 26 years old
You can't be turned down for a preexisting condition

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

Certain rules applied to everyone, regardless of where they obtain their health insurance.

Anyone with older kids can keep their children on their insurance until they are 26 years old

Don't those kids have to live with you to qualify?

And mine are slowly aging out to be covered under us.

I know they have to cover me, but who wants to pay a $5,000 deductible? The plan we have now is much cheaper and better.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
ruby59|1478730211|4096016 said:

I know they have to cover me, but who wants to pay a $5,000 deductible? The plan we have now is much cheaper and better.
ruby, I don't profess to know much about ACA so I'm asking - what is the alternative for you if Obamacare is repealed? Your husband will eventually have to retire. What will you do for healthcare then?

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1478730211|4096016 said:

They don't have to live with you. They can even be married.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results