shape
carat
color
clarity

Now that you have your Ering - has your taste changed?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
My tastes totally changed. Before my upgrade I detested rounds. I would not even look at rounds when we were shopping for my ering. It just seemed so boring and so typical. Even though the jewelers told me, "rounds sparkle more", I just didn''t care.

Now I love a round. I still love fancy shapes but I totally appreciate the classic beauty of a round like I never did before. I had the transforming moment in a jewelers shop where he took out this gorgeous big round that was more than I wanted to spend and let me try it on. I was mesmerized. My husband said, "it glows". It did! And I was hooked.

I also now appreciate cushions more than I did before. I think they used to be unpopular and hard to sell and now they are the rage. I think I like them more now b/c I never did see too many before so they weren''t on my radar.

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
But I do still adore my rings, and believe me, wearing them is NO HARDSHIP
2.gif
-- although it''s always fun to dream, right?!

Yes, it is fun to dream....2 carat cushion with pave band.....ahhhh.....one day...

12.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Somewhat. When I got my diamond I really didn''t appreciate rounds.

Now? As long as it''s in the right setting, or paired with the right band, I really appreciate them. I especially appreciate the BILLIONS AND BILLIONS of settings out there for rounds. So many more than for other shapes.

And as for non-modern RB rounds. WooooooooHoooooooooo! I lurve those the most.

I gave FI the choice between an asscher and a princess at the time, and now? A princess wouldn''t suit me.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
No, my taste hasn''t changed. Only that I appreciate styles I didn''t before. But with my e-ring, it''s still "me" and I have not tired of it. It''s like with fashion...once in a while I''ll go all out and wear heels and trendy clothes, but I always revert to plain jane T-s and flip flops.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
My taste hasn''t changed, but I sort of wished that I had picked a different ring ... originally I wanted an asscher in an antique-style setting, but the antique/pave settings just didn''t look good on my hand - I''m very sporty in my everyday style (a SAHM) so it just looked too "fancy" for my everyday clothes. I ended up with a solitaire & channel-set band which I never thought I would like, but I really like the way they look on my hand. Even though I adore the look of antiqued settings, I can only really pull off plain metal (no engraving), channel-set, baguettes or a three-stone style - everything else is too busy on me.

I am still torn trying to decide whether to change my diamond to a brilliant cut, like a round brilliant, or turn my asscher into a three-stone - for an asscher of my size, I think it really needs something around it to dress it up - if I had known I was going to get a solitaire, I would have stayed away from step-cuts. I love step-cuts in three stone rings, but I really like brilliant cuts in solitaires.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like rounds and I like solitaires, but not on me. They are the epitome of the classic engagement ring, and a stunning round stone set in a lovely simple setting cannot be overlooked. However, though I am still into classic things, it just seemed a bit plain to me. I wanted timeless though, so I did not deviate too much when I got my first or second upgrade. I have larger hands so I like the look of my rings on them. And I feel there is something very elegant about an emerald cut. I also love a well cut more cushiony shaped cushion, and I love ovals too. I never liked princesses or marquises or pears for e rings, still don''t, but love love love marquises and pears in other pieces of jewelry. (bracelets, earrings etc). I also like asschers a lot as well. I also really love platinum, though I wear other pieces of yellow gold too.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Nope. I still love my engagement ring and feel giddy whenever I look at it (though I''ve technically only been wearing it for about 4 months). No regrets.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Two years in and I think I love it more now than the day DH proposed. (Though we did lower the stone a bit after the 1st 6 months).

I wish my FINGER was less chubby -- but that''s not the RING''s fault, now is it!
2.gif
And I see rings I like on OTHER people''s svelte paws ... but I can''t imagine an e-ring better suited to me. Not even a bigger version of the same thing. I like it JUST the way it is.
1.gif

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
many times over.....
20.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
No, my tastes haven't changed. If I could do it all over again and I could only pick one style, I'd still pick the custom 3-stone design I now wear.

BUT......if $$ were no object, I'd have SEVERAL rings to choose from. I've seen solitaire settings that literally take my breath away; it would be nice to have a solitaire that I could wear when I was in a solitaire mood. It would be nice to have a 3-stone that had colored sides when I was in the mood to see that.

My problem is I like too many things!
11.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
My tastes haven''t changed. I used to love EC''s, cushions, rounds, and pears best and I still love EC''s, cushions, rounds, and pears best. I used to love halos, and also solitaires. I still love halos, and also solitaires. I think if anything has changed, it''s that I''ve come to love certain 3 stone combinations that I''ve seen on PS and never thought of before that. I particularly love a round with pear sides. And I''ve come to appreciate trellis settings very much.

So I guess I''m lucky in that. So many different styles give me pleasure! So I guess I can''t go wrong.

As for my e-ring, which I totally never would have guessed I''d end up with (it was FI who picked it, though I had ''veto power''), I have to say that I am STILL seeing new aspects of it''s beauty, admiring new lines and curves. It is supposed to remind one of a crown and a flower, depending on the angle, and it took me a while to get the flower bit. But when I did, I was all ''WOW!'' it''s like a tulip unfolding its petals. It''s a spring ring. The diamond is gorgeous - sure! And I absolutely love it. But the setting is a work of art. It''s an elegant metal sculpture. So, I highly doubt I''ll ever get tired of it. It makes my heart skip. I love it about 10 times MORE now than when we first got it.

Yay! Lucky me.

10.gif

pelican

Rough_Rock
I haven''t had my ring all that long (since April ''06) and I wouldn''t say my taste has changed, but I do look forward to someday owning a RHR that''s in a totally different style than my ering, which is a cushion cut set in a platinum 3-sided pave band. I''d love to someday own an asscher with trap or baguette sides, or an oval with half moon sides, or a round with pear sides... the list goes on!

One thing is for sure - spending time on Pricescope has definitely changed (or I should say... "refined"
2.gif
) my taste. I used to be a strictly fancy-shape girl and not appreciate rounds very much, but after seeing all the drop-dead gorgeous rounds on this site it definitely changed my mind!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Well not the shape of the stone, but the size yes. It comes naturally hanging out with all the fantastic bling here.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results