carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey NIRDIs!!! I'm baaaaaaaack! :wavey:

I'm going to post about the show shortly BUT the quick deets are: Rained HARD both days, lot of my fave vendors did not come, and the ones who did did not have their most spectacular items/examples. In fact, Bob and I are getting the daytime dogsitter and we are headed back to the show (its only a 90-minute drive on a good highway) next week because we got super short shrift and are hoping for better next week dammit!!

Jimmianne, I checked out your little friend, heehee, and I LUV it! That fluor is going to make it BLINDING outside, OMG, I want outdoor pics with FIRE when you get it, okay? I read the report, that's one bangin' stone, anyone tells you different BLLPPPHHHHHHGGGGHHG.

Will be back with more shortly. I'm glad everyone is doing well, Sarah, you are a trooper, I really believe that the amazing condition you were in when you broke the leg is going to literally save your a$$ now, way to go home slice! :bigsmile:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1423000343|3826828 said:
Hey NIRDIs!!! I'm baaaaaaaack! :wavey:

anyone tells you different BLLPPPHHHHHHGGGGHHG.
thanks for the laugh. That's EXACTLY what I'll tell'em.

I want to hear more about the show...where is the show?
My jeweler was going to a big show but I didn't pay attention - too busy looking at rings.
Are we missing something we should be attending?!?!?!?

Looking forward to your report...

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Girls,

I don't even know where to begin. I have been trying to quickly read everyones posts and give our furbaby attention at the same time.
I have missed being on here so much and have been thinking of you all. I was in LaJolla for the past few days. Talk about gorgeous jewelry! It was also so nice to see rose bushes in bloom and leaves on trees.

Missy, Thank you so much for your encouraging words while I was out of town. I have missed you so much even though we texted. I hope you haven't been hit too hard with the snow. We came home to 20 inches and it's snowing again, I don't believe we will get much more tonight. How is the snow by you today? Have you been stuck inside? How are you feeling about going back to work? LLJSmom texted me last night wanting to know how long I was going to be there. If we had been by ourselves and had more time, I would have loved to meet up with her. The problem was she is six hours away. I mapquested her location as soon as we made plans for the trip.

Marcy, I'm so happy Marty made it home safely. I hope things are going better this week at work for you. Are you still feeling like a babysitter? How has your weather been. Is the warm weather you were enjoying a week ago long gone? I have missed your posts.

Junebug, Did your husband have a difficult time getting out of Phoenix? Did he enjoy the superbowl and golfing? Have things been going better with your mom? How have you been feeling?

Kristie, I feel so bad the Gem show was somewhat disappointing. I know how much you were looking forward to seeing your favorite exhibitors. I hope next week you gave better luck. Did you find anything you couldn't live without? I did but unfortunately the Items were not in my present budget. There is nothing like a $50,000 price tag to make a husband turn pale, then a couple different shades of green! One of the stores we walked by in LaJolla had a sign on the door saying they were closed because they were atending the Gem Show in Arizona. That brought a smile to my face and made me think of you!

OV, How are you honey? Have there been any changes? Have you been working much? Is your work situation getting better? How is Sapphie feeling? I'm sorry I'm bombarding you with questions. I have just been wondering how you are and have not been able to email you.

LLJsmom, Congratulations on running a half marathon. How are your children doing? Are you hanging in there until your husband gets home? I'm sure you won't have time to respond for a few days but please know I'm thinking of you. I'm only a text away if you need to vent about anything. Hopefully everything will go smoothly the next few days and you will be able get some free time to go for a nice long run, followed by a delicious cup of tea!

Jimmianne, I'm so sorry things have been so very difficut lately for you and am so glad you have started posting here. I had wondered where you were when you stopped posting. Never would I have imagined you were carrying such a heavy load. Please know we are all here for each other and if there is anything I can do to help you, please let me know. Your new purchase sounds beautiful. I can't wait to see the pictures.

Sarah, I'm so sorry to hear about your accident but am glad you found this thread. Hopefully your recovery time will go by quickly and you will begin to feel better soon. Missy and Kristie will give you lots of great advice to help you feel better. It sounds like you have been dealing with everything very well. Where do you live in Michigan? I'm sure you are also getting lots of snow.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey: Hi Calliecake!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Callie, I drive over to SD all the time, I stay at that place in Carlsbad. If you go back to La Jolla and have time, lemme know! We can go to the holy grail of jewels, Pala/The Collector, in Fallbrook, not far from La Jolla. We can also go see Andrew Gulig at Gemfix, he has loose stones (he's an amazing cutter) and he now has jewels to sell too! Then we'll go to The Top of the Market for drinks and seafood perched over the Pacific :appl: maybe LLJs mom could fly down on a cheapie flight!!! Everybody should be there :bigsmile: all us NIRDIs hee.

Jimmieanne, The Show is in Tucson and it's the biggest gem/diamond/jewels and mineral/fossil show in the world. It goes for about 2-1/2 weeks (it was a month long before the recession). Some shows are for the trade(wholesale license required) , some for retail (public) and wholesale. I've been to both the trade shows and public shows, they just knock your socks off. I got that ginormous Loliondo (Fanta) spess there for a song. You just have to be ready to buy if The Deal presents itself to you. The antique and estate jewels make me cry because I'm usually locked out.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1423012610|3826915 said:
Jimmieanne, The Show is in Tucson and it's the biggest gem/diamond/jewels and mineral/fossil show in the world. It goes for about 2-1/2 weeks (it was a month long before the recession). Some shows are for the trade(wholesale license required) , some for retail (public) and wholesale. I've been to both the trade shows and public shows, they just knock your socks off. I got that ginormous Loliondo (Fanta) spess there for a song. You just have to be ready to buy if The Deal presents itself to you. The antique and estate jewels make me cry because I'm usually locked out.

thanks. Gosh that sounds scarey painful to see all that beauty and have to leave it there!
My jeweler is going to that show, I mean he must be, since that's the biggy. He said he went crazy at his first gem show and ran around trying to find friends who would lend him money to buy MORE.
Oh how I would love to be there suffering :love:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Calliecake, and welcome back! How was your trip? I'm hoping you had a wonderful time! Thanks for checking in with me - dh didn't have any problems traveling, thank goodness, and he had a great time. I'm feeling ok, basically just plugging along and trying to stay positive. Mom is doing ok as well, things are status quo with her and I'll take it lol.

I had to laugh at your description of your husband's reaction to the price tags on some of the pieces you saw - too funny, my husband would be the same, in fact I'd probably have to call 911 for him!

Kristie, glad to have you back! Did you buy anything at the gem show? Sorry it wasn't what you had hoped for, but I'm glad you're heading back and hopefully it will be a bit better this time around.

Hope everyone is having a good night, and for those of you in cold climates, hope you're staying warm! Personally, I am freezing! I just cannot seem to get warm!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Quick REAL QUICK post & run, am fatigued tonight, after this am headed to bed.

Wanted to let you all know am doing well, Jimmianne, LLJ, Marcy, Missy & all who chimed in re achy muscles, the suggestions are really paying off, thank you--thank you, tensing & holding worked like a charm. What a group this is. :appl: :appl: Thank you so much, its been simply wonderful.

PT came today, we added a few more exercises, & walk we must, laps in route from back bedroom, down hall, through entry into dining into kit, u turn & back again, & again, & again....am feeling enthused with 'progress', its baby steps, but progress.

We have surgeon appt tomorrow, remove staples, am anxious to see the X-ray & hardware in my leg. Thankfully its at 2:30p. Plan to ask about the hydrocodone & nausea--this one really does it to me. I'm so careful re eating every 3-4 hours, etc. crackers etc. It just sends my stomach.

Made dinner again tonight--easy peasy meatloaf. Stamina better--do tend to get fatigued easily, so do need to watch it. I got it in the over, he did the rest, vege & clean up. What a champ.

Pain pills (oxy) down to 6 yesterday & today, midnight 2, 730a 2, 1p 1, 6pish 1, then 12 mid again at 2. Kind of achy, am wondering about the 6p dose going back to 2, will do so tomorrow unless it feels like I really don't need it. I wonder if this must be the week where you typically see progress: 14 days out of surgery, pain better, coping mechanisms in place, etc etc. Life has surely settled down from the snow globe-like atmosphere of 10 days ago. I'm sure some weeks are more remarkable than others re progress.

Thank you all my lovely ladies of NIRDI, welcome back to those I've not met here in the last few pages, azstonie, callie, Techie, look forward to getting to know you. I'll come back later this week with a more detailed response to each of you, I hope everyone has a good night, you're in my prayers. XOXO
sarahb

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Ladies!

Missy, that is great your ROM continues to come along; I would imagine (as those far more knowledgeable than me have said) that would continue to improve for years. Is your toe still as painful? You have that bunny pegged. He is a big liar and a total trouble maker. Poor little Junior is getting chewed on right now by 3 rabbits. Marty says he’s their snack. Definitely as LLJsmom said “No soup for you!” We should definitely not be on the same team for Pictionary; we’d lose for sure.

Junebug, luckily the rabbit’s felt teeth don’t do much damage. Every time I get a bruise or something I show Marty and say one of his rabbits bit me. I think all of us whether we are sahm or work or do both have a lot on our plates. IMO raising and taking care of children looks like a lot more work than having a job. Marty’s previous job was so stressful and demanding I hate to think how he would a managed if we had kids. He was on call 7 days a week, 24 hours and day and with over 80 employees he got a lot of calls. The poor man never slept more than an hour or two before getting a call. I think that job would have eventually ruined his health. At his current job he no employees and couldn’t be happier about that. Did you warm up? I hope you aren’t getting sick since you are freezing tonight.

Jimmianne, you should get one of those killer rabbits. It’s given us a lot of entertainment for under $10. Your BGD Blue is stunning. I am so anxious for you to get it and see pictures. I can only imagine how incredible it will look out in the Sun. I often comment to Marty how cool that fluorescent diamond was we saw in Denver. And I echo what Kristie said, if anyone says something bad about that beautiful stone pppppffffffttttzzzz to them.

Kristie, rats the show didn’t have their best stuff with them. Hopefully you’ll find better treasures next week. Did you get anything on your first visits?

Callie, welcome back! How was your trip? Rats you couldn’t bring home the beautiful jewelry you found. 20” of snow is a lot. We are expecting about 6” tonight. Our warmer weather didn’t last but it’s been in the 30’s and 40’s. Yes, my babysitting continues. The guy that blew up at another employee is kind of pouting now. He puts on headphones and doesn’t talk much. There are 6 of us in a small room; it can get tense when someone is grumpy.

Sarahb, I hope you get a good night’s sleep. I am glad the tensing and holding worked like a charm for you. I’m going to do mine when I finish this post. Glad to hear there is progress with your added laps. I am sure your stamina will improve all the time especially as you increase walking laps. That’s awesome you are cooking supper. Good luck at the surgeons tomorrow. Hang in there; you will see progress from week to week for sure.

I went to work today and Marty went shopping in Denver. I had shopping envy. He picked up his watch (it’s been in for a missing screw since before Thanksgiving but he hasn’t been home to go get it) and bought us some exercise stuff for the man cave. He got a weight station, system whatever it’s called and a recumbent bike. It will get delivered and installed on the 12th. There goes the man cave furniture for now. Oh well he will enjoy it and I plan on learning to use it. I hope the bike works okay with my knees. We’ll see. I can definitely do some arm stuff with weights.

Marty ate at PF Changs on the way home so I fixed a Kraft dinner for supper and had fruit with it. I like easy suppers.

If it’s snowy in the morning I’ll have my chauffer take me to work. Ha!

I missed this somewhere – what does NIRDIs mean?

Have a great evening.

Marcy

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Now I Really Did It!"

(The name of this thread!)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I get it. Thanks!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, another quickie girls! (lol)

I am bushed. I spent the past 1.5 hours studying the transcription and translation processes of protein synthesis. OMG, I never learned this much in 7th grade science. It's such hard work. I had to take an hour nap in between. Good example for my son, right? I finally figured it out and explained it to him. Success!! Gotta celebrate the small victories right?

KRISTIE!!! Gem show break? I checked and did not miss any pictures. I'm just drooling thinking about jewelry right now. Can't wait to hear about it some more. I didn't realize it is such a big show. It is bigger than the JCK? I am not part of the industry so I have no idea.

Callie, welcome back. So sorry you had to leave 70 degree weather, in February. So sad. You should just move to Cali. Other than the drought, earthquakes, naked people at the bay to breakers, what's not to like?

sarahb, girl, you are doing so well, staying upbeat, and cooking?? Really? I don't even cook when I fully functional.

Marcy, is bunny behaving today? How is Marty? Adjusted to the time zone yet? DH was falling asleep between loads of laundry. I'm so jealous. He's in LV right now, and I wish I could be there jewelry shopping, etc. ***sigh*** Which reminds me. Annies has the best white cheddar macaroni. I have to get some. So yummy.
Missy, remind me, how many more days until first day? How are you feeling? You're nurturing everyone. Are you taking care of yourself?

Ovi, Junebug, Jimmianne, thinking about you guys. Hope you are doing what you can to care for yourselves. I have to get two things, sleep and exercise, and everything else will just have to be what it is with my best effort. That is all I can do.

Much love. Oh, btw, cross your fingers for me. I threw my name into the lotto for the NYC marathon this November. It's pretty unlikely I will get picked so I am trying not to get my hopes up. But I do think I am mentally ready to start training again. I will find out in early March if I am chosen.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning ladies!

Jimmianne, OMG!!! Did it arrive yet? It's GORGEOUS. :love: I am so excited for you. You would think I was getting this beauty for how excited I am right now anticipating it arrival and your happiness at opening the box and gazing upon its beauty. :love: Please keep us posted!

Kristie, sorry the gem show was a bust for the 2 days you went and I am hoping next week for better weather and selection for you! Glad you and Bob are giving it another go. Did you end up with any goodies at all?

Callie, how is your sweet doggie? I can only imagine how crazy happy she was at your return. I don't think I could have left the 70 degree weather and coming home to the snow without some major mental breakdown lol and I'm glad you guys got an extra day to enjoy in the sun. Any pics from H. Moradi for us? :love:

Marcy, thank goodness for felt teeth right? And yes, we have to be on separate pictionary teams or else we wouldn't stand a chance lol. I am sure glad that those days of no sleep and super stress are behind you and Marty for good. No fun at all. And no job is worth that IMO. Glad you guys are on a different path now and now that Marty is home hoping that bunny is behaving! :cheeky:

LLJsmom, ooh hope you get chosen for the NYC marathon. For you and of course for selfish reasons too. :appl: Hope this week goes smoothly for you and your dh returns home soon. Being a single parent is very stressful and challenging and glad you don't have to do it too often!

Sarah, so glad you are making progress and that Jimmianne's tips are helping you re the achey muscles. The pain meds and accompanying nausea were a big issue for me and I am hoping you are able to keep decreasing them and feeling little to no pain or nausea. Sending good thoughts and healing vibes your way! Oh and ditto to LLjsmom on the cooking issue. I don't do it on my best day so kudos to you. Your family is very lucky that's all I can say. Cooking in your condition-that is one lucky family to be sure. Good luck with your surgeon and removing the staples and with your X-rays. I hope everything looks as perfect as can be!

Junebug, I hope things go well with your mom and that your visit is not too tiring and that you enjoy spending time with her. I am glad you and your brother are caring for your mom together as a team. Each giving the other a break. Thinking of you and sending hugs your way. I'm tired of being freezing too. Hoping the warm weather is not too far away!

Ovi, glad you had a good night salsa-ing and hope today is just as good if not better! We look forward to hearing from you girlfriend!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Girls, We need to seriously talk about all getting together in person. Missy, If you don't want to travel, we can meet in NY. My husband even made the comment the other day asking when we were all going to plan to meet. This would probably also work out well for Junebug. She wouldn't be too far from her mom. Maybe we could work something out when LLJsmom is in NYC for the marathon (you will be going LLJsmom!) Kristie and Marcy and OV, any thoughts??? Jimmianne and Sarah, I know you just recently started posting here but please believe me when I say, give it a month, you will also want to join us! I feel so lucky to be able to consider this wonderful group of girls my friends!

Missy, La Jolla is so beautiful and I wished you were with me! It was such a great break from winter weather even if it was only for a few days. It felt wonderful to be able to walk around for hours without a coat and boots on. I honestly would go to LaJolla just for the jewelry stores. I was in H. Moradi everyday, with the exception of Sunday. If they would have been open on Sunday, I would have been there! My friend is looking for an Aquamarine ring. Unfortunately she didn't find anything she fell in love with. I want to ask for help and opinions in Colored Stones but am a little afraid to post there as I know absolutely nothing about colored stones.

My baby did fine without us. You were correct, it was harder on me than her. She seemed very happy to be home. That litte tail was wagging for an hour when we brought her home. I think we are expecting 2 more inches of snow today. At least everthing looks pretty outside when it snows.

Kristie, My husband and I went to La Jolla with another couple. Our husbands are big golfers. I will definately let you know if and when we make another trip out there. I would LOVE to meet up with you!!!! Did you buy anything at the show?

LLJsmom, I have my fingers crossed for you regarding the NYC Marathon. That would be so cool!!! Great job with the homework! I would have been so lost trying to help your son.

Junebug, My friend was laughing too. She told me to keep talking about the $50,000 ring around her husband. It made the $1,500 ring she liked seem like nothing. She ended up changing her mind and didn't buy it. I may have to venture over to colored stones to ask some questions for her. She wants to purchase an aquamarine stone.

Marcy, I'm sorry things aren't much better at work. It's rough when there are disagreements with a small group of people. It makes the tension miserable for everyone. Hopefully things will get better soon.

JimmiAnne. We can't wait to see pictures of your new stone. Have you received it yet?

Sarah, Hopefully you will get some good news at your doctor's appointment. It sounds like you are doing fantastic. I can't believe you are already making dinner. I'm always impressed when I hear that someone made dinner. I do not cook at all. I am great at making reservations though.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Girls!

Hope everyone is doing well, I must read the posts but have been exhausted, this week has been really busy and tomorrow will be too, then I will have a bit more time. Callie and LLJsmom nice to hear from you again! I think I wrote to you both a couple of weeks ago. I hear you were on vacay Callie and hope you had a great time. Junebug, you are always so sweet and nice to hear from you. Sarah, Jimmianne wanted to say hi and of course Kristie, I want to read your news from Tucson, we should talk too soon. I missed you too. Marcy and Missy I am a bit more in in the picture as to what is up with you two, thanks for checking in and asking about me. Right now things have been just crazy and busy but I have been upbeat this week and very positive but we shall see. I am not saying I am hopeful about things before I know for sure but the good news is that I had some good times, getting in touch with some long lost friends, who accidentally live where I do, making new friends, going salsa dancing, cannot feel my hip today, talking to someone I have always really really liked for a long time, as a friend and maybe as something else, we live far, we work together, we are friends and we have wanted to meet forever but I did not feel it was right as I was married. We have to see if it finally happens. Those should be good things. Thinking of projects to come too. I want spring to come. I live in such a gorgeous area with lakes, I hope this year I will finally get to have a spring and summer and perhaps a trip somewhere sometime this year.

BTW, love the NIRDIs!

Techie, welcome, aw, what you said really made me feel honored. Guess I do not quite see the grace there sometimes but it makes me feel wonderful that you think so.

Guess what I did want to say and did not specify here is that my ex quit work sort of, he sent his resignation in. Then the owner responded to my colleague asking her how she would feel about three women working there and of course she does not mind at all. Then my ex was upset that they said nothing to him and do not even want to keep him for Saturdays but shit he wanted it this way. I hope he does not take that back. I would rather things worked out calmly, without airing dirty laundry. I will do what I must do but I hope I do not have to resort to bringing up certain, well, very uncomfortable and unpleasant subjects. Friday I have to go to the authorities to not miss the deadline. Sooo, I cannot say my job is saved, with an unstable person you just never know and he has his mind set on getting me back yet have acted calmer but again you never know. This is why next week is scary when the boss is coming back but I am forcing myself to think positively. In other ways this job I love for the people, I am not feeling that I can get ahead because my ideas though welcome by the owner, well, our former goldsmith, a snake and real cruel person always sabotages everything we do to help the business. Ok, now I did write more than I did first.

I feel that I want to respond to everyone but overwhelmed a bit by the posts right now and I have missed many of you, Callie and LLJsmom you have been gone for so long that I really missed you. Thanks for thinking of me. Big hugs to everyone and as always please send me an email when you want to talk and we cannot connect here.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Callie, I'm GIA certed for colored stones. What I've learned about acquas is that your friend should decide what part of the acqua color spectrum she likes (super light blue to light blue). Some aquas can bave varying degrees of gray.

Then, what cut she wants----cab or faceted? The best advice I can give in terms of buying quality is that she buy from Barry Bridgestock at ACS stones. Barry cuts great supernova ovals and step cuts for aquas. He also carries cabs. He is the most expert cutter around and the most ethical.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1423090447|3827428 said:
Hey Callie, I'm GIA certed for colored stones. What I've learned about acquas is that your friend should decide what part of the acqua color spectrum she likes (super light blue to light blue). Some aquas can bave varying degrees of gray.

Then, what cut she wants----cab or faceted? The best advice I can give in terms of buying quality is that she buy from Barry Bridgestock at ACS stones. Barry cuts great supernova ovals and step cuts for aquas. He also carries cabs. He is the most expert cutter around and the most ethical.

Kristie,

Are you a mind reader???? I just picked uo the IPad to ask you about this. She wants a pale blue icy looking stone and the size she liked is approximately 11mm x 11mm. She wants the stone to really sparkle. We saw a stone in LaJolla that she loved in the store but outside in the sunlight it looked dead. It wasn't a ascher cut but didn't have many facets. i will have her look up Barry Bridgestock and see what cuts she likes. She loved the color of the stone we saw the other day and I think she would have bought it if it sparkled more.

Thank you so much Kristie!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good evening girls! I only have a quick minute as Greg just got home and I want to start dinner soon but wanted to say hey there.

I love Barry's supernova ovals! Callie, Kristie is 100% correct and you cannot go wrong with one of Barry's stones that's for sure!

Ovi, glad things are improving. Hopefully your Ex will keep away and all will keep getting better. Hugs and keep dancing. It's good for the soul!

Callie, oh I LOVE that idea of a NYC get together with all of us and I hope it comes to fruition. :appl:

Have a great evening everyone and hugs! :wavey:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OV, How are you?? I pray you are correct and your Ex will be leaving the company you work for. I realize it won't solve everything but just knowing you could go to work and not have to worry about him would help so much! Are you feeling less stressed?

I'm so sorry I didn't tell you I was going on vacation. I thought I had told you in an email but after checking today, realized I had not. You sound like you are getting out and having some fun.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ovi, be still my heart the a$$hat resigned?????? Fab.U.Lous!!! Cutting off his nose to spite his face :appl:

I'm relieved. Will write more tomorrow morning, glad to hear your Groove is back!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

LLJsmom, I am sure 7th grade science these days was something I did as a senior in high school. I am glad you got it figured out and explained it to your son. The bunny is behaving today. I am sure he’ll be up to no good any day now. Marty is doing better adjusting to our local time but he’s been going to bed pretty early. White Cheddar mac and cheese sounds great. I have never been to Vegas but Marty wants me to go with him sometime. He is usually there for a convention every year in April. Good luck on the NYC marathon drawing. A good friend of mine got to run in the Boston marathon last year. She had a wonderful time.

Missy, yes those felt teeth don’t leave much of a mark. I agree that no job is worth what it took out of Marty’s life. I was pretty worried when he first started looking for another job but then as things unfolded as they did where he worked it became apparent it was time for him to go. It looks like it was a really good call for him. He is once again the mellow, relaxed, fun loving guy I married. Not that he wasn’t like that at his old job but he was under so much stress it took a toll. Now he has time to be mischievous with those bunnies.

Callie, Marty would be excited to get me to travel anywhere! Marty could play golf with your husband. It sounds like LaJolla has some fabulous jewelry stores. Nice aquas are difficult to find; so many of them are the washed out pale blue stones. A jewelry store in our local mall had a pear shaped aqua that was truly the aqua color of the ocean and I passed it up. I often think about that beauty that got away. My aqua is close in color to blue topaz and I rarely wear it anymore. I am sure your baby was delighted to have you come home. How cute he wagged his tail for an hour. I am no expert on gemstones just an eager consumer and admirer, but most of the aquas I’ve owned (I’ve bought, sold and returned more aquas than I’d care to admit) go pretty lifeless and colorless in direct sunlight. Cloudy skies really seem to bring out the color and the lighter blue like your friend likes can really be lively and sparkly stones.

Ovi, I am delighted to hear you are having a good week and are catching up with old friends. Even better that some of your friends live nearby. Good deal your ex submitted his resignation; hopefully he already has one foot out the door and won’t look back. I will be thinking of you.

Kristie, thanks for mentioning ACS stones; he does have some awesome gemstones. How cool you are GIA certified for colored stones.

We had about 4” of snow by the time we got up so I had Marty take me to work. It was pretty icy. We’ll be above freezing early tomorrow so I’ll probably drive tomorrow.

All my “kids” in the office played well together today. It made for a nice day.
Marty bought some rubber floor tiles and put together in the unfinished section of the basement for our new gym. He’s been getting up about 4 am. I kind of wake up when he gets up but eventually go back to sleep.

Have a great evening and day tomorrow.

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sarah, I hope your appointment went well today. :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Or should I say NIRDIs hahaha. :halo:

Hope everyone slept well and will have a good day today.

Marcy, happy to hear the furbabies are behaving. Thank goodness. I think they were just acting up because their daddy was gone for so long and now that he is back they will be calm and sweet again...well at least for a while. ;))

Only a few more days till I go back to work tick tock tick tock...oh you know these days are really flying by now lol.

Sarah, hope you had a good night and are feeling well today. How did your follow up go with your surgeon? Thinking of you hoping everything is progressing nicely.

Enjoy the morning everyone. :wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning to our top NIRD.
oh dear, that doesn't sound quite right lol

Missy, it's so impressive that you are going back to work, especially when you think of why & where this thread all started!

The diamond arrived yesterday [rather I had to drive an hour to the pick-up place]. It's beautiful, perfect...all that stuff, but it's a twin of the one I already have from WF. [hard to tell in the photo]
SInce it's been overcast here I haven't been able to check for the potential slight "blueness" in sunlight. It's a VS2 and impossible to find the inclusions with a 10x. Sadly, I'll be sending it back, but some lucky person if going to be very happy with it. At just under a carat it has the 1ct size without the 1ct price.
This photo does not do it justice - it has a beautiful arrows pattern with pastel fire. Interesting how the halo setting fools the eye to make a diamond look larger - the unset stone is actually slightly larger than the set stone, and is 1/4" closer to the camera.

p1110778.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Jimmianne! Ooh I love your ring. Is there a thread on your ring? And yes, it looks huge and larger than the unset stone in your picture.

I cannot see the blue obviously from the top picture but it does look very pretty! I am sorry it won't work for you but part of the fun is in the search IMO anyway if that makes sense. At least that is what I keep telling myself since I am still looking for antique diamond dangles. 8)

Good luck with your continued search.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello Ladies of NIRDI!!!

I hope everyone is well. All is ok in my world, had a follow up appt yesterday & all went well, removed staples & I was able to see the X-ray with the pins etc in the leg, fascinating what they are able to do today. PT coming along. Yesterday it took from noon/stepping into shower til 4p/walking in the door. Just to go to the dr who was about 12-15 min away. & I was exhausted. Somewhat today as well. Did a few post & runs on PS last night, but have not had the energy to give everyone a proper greeting & response to each & everyone of you, & I feel this thread responds & works well when everyone participates at a certain level, & I 've not been there the last few days.

So with that, I'll begin with Missy: when you mentioned your landscaping & the hurricane, (a few posts back) I can't imagine the devastation that area must of gone through as a result. Glad you have replanted & hope it comes back as beautiful as it was. What a shock to have to see your home like that, my sympathies to you. How did your home fare, hopefully not too much significant damage? Some of the news pictures & follow up stories were stunning. As for going back to work, good for you!! I know I probably missed it, but will you be going back full time or part time? Of course, my vote would be part time. :sun: just enough to have fun, but not so much that it becomes 'WORK'. That fine balance. I'd personally like to drop a store or 2, but it's like deciding which child to let go. Just can't. I also been meaning to ask: your pain. How long did it last, the excruciating part? I mean, everyone is different re toleration levels, etc. & what were you on at home? Are you limping or have you been able to work that one out? I am on oxy here & while it is a very smooth pain reliever, I told the doc I am worried about the addiction aspect, & how long did he think I'd need to continue pain relief. He kinda laughed--FWIW, I look nothing even remotely approaching a potential rug addict). Again, not a clear answer. It's sort of a do-it-to-yourself program. So Mon-Tue, managed to dial it down to 6 over 24 hrs. But ultimately decided I needed another 2 pill cycle in addition to the existing 2 pill cycles (within the 6/every24) so going to 7 pills every 24. Next, on the hydrocodone/nausea, he gave me an alternative, non-narcotic, which is in the bdrm, just don't have the Energy to go get it. Something like Tramidol. I so hope you are pain free now, & are able to move well etc.--it gives me hope & encouragement when you post to the thread in general about your progress. I know it's headed my way, but just feeling kind of sick of it now. BUT :) you my dear, are on your way BACK to what was, and am very thrilled for you!! Congratulations Missy, not an easy road, but YOU ARE DOING IT! Kudos :appl: :wavey: & I'm going to post this post before it ends up in cyberspace MIA.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Girls,

Hi Missy, I just heard on the news that another storm is heading your way on Monday. Hopefully it will not hit New York hard. It looked like the Boston area will be hit the hardest. I spent an hour outside trying to get the two feet of snow off all the bushes so the branches don't break. I gave up trying to find the boxwoods. I was afraid I would step all over them trying to find them. We have drifts that were over 3 feet tall. Did I mention I'm getting tired of the snow already. Come On Spring! I bet we could have found you a great pair of earrings at the Miami antique jewelry show! Please let me know if you hear of the antique jewelry show coming to New York.

Marcy, I'm getting better about traveling. It only took me 50 something years! My husband and Marty would get along great. They could golf and talk about their watches and traveling. I found out there is a big gem show coming to Chicago in May. I think my friend and I will go to the show. She would feel so much more comfortable being able to see stones before making the purchase. She actually prefers the pale aquas. She was thrilled when she found out there were less expensive. I'm happy to hear your children played nicely yesterday at work. Be sure to hide the scissors! Marty sounds very motivated with exercising. There would have to be chocolate waiting to get me out of bed that early. Are you expecting more snow? Can Marty drive you to work tomorrow if it's still icy?

Jimmianne, Both the diamond and your ring are beautiful! I can't believe they are close to the same size. The center stone in your ring looks much larger. If you decide to return the stone, do you have another project in mind?

Kristie, I was talking to my friend about having an aquamarine cut by ACS stones. She really wants to pick a stone that has already been cut and see many in person to chose from. We are going to go to a Gem Show in Chicago in May. When are you leaving for the show? I hope this weekend you find everything you are looking for.

OV, Are you out Salsa dancing? I miss you!

JJLsmom and Junebug, We miss you!

Sarah, I hope your doctors appointment went well and you are feeling well.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Back again, this time for Ovi:

I was so happy to read that he may be leaving the firm. What a gift, & hope the communication lanes are righted so that your voice is heard Ovi. Nothing can be more soul destroying than to not feel your contributions & voice are being heard & considered. I hated office politics, & had no time for it. I am so happy to hear you've reached out to girl friends, old friends etc. Emotional stife is so tough! Hang I there Ovi!

Now Jimmianne--am so sorry that diamond didn't ruffle your feathers ( or Puffs either...) but that ring of yours is really pretty--love the setting. & I just wish I was close enough to go to these jewelry shows everyone is talking about. The big one in Fl, then I know there is a big one in AZ, what fun! Hope you get to go, are going etc etc. I loved seeing all the photos from the FL show. So what's the next step, tell me what you were planning to do with this diamond, I've missed that'd etail as well.

DISCLAIMER TO EVERYONE: my nickname w/ family & friends is 'Memory Cell', so if you feel like it's ground hog day, my sincerest apologies.

Will post this as dinner is here.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My guardian angel Marcy: Your posts re JOTW, re Dr appt, how sweet! You are such a dear!! Am so happy your hubs is home, you guys must have a great time together & what a sense of humor with the rabbits, bears etc :). Marty & LLJ's hubs sound to be big time frequent fliers. All went well at the follow up appt. Was very nice to have hubby home chauffeuring me, he is a good assistant. What an ordeal to go somewhere in this state. I did wear my new earrings though! :bigsmile: Sounds like you guys have the ice & cold too, just how cold is it in your area? I just thought Wyoming was one of the most beautiful stars I'd ever seen. Nice of Marty to drive you to work today, hope you guys have an ice weekend!

LLJ's, the week is almost over, hope you are feeling ok--& things have gone relatively well this week. One of my memories was the 15 million times I had to go, back due some forgotten item, good grief!! Crossing fingers you make it into the NYC marathon!

Callie, when are you guys thinking of getting together? & where? If it could possibly work out, I would go--it would be interesting to see where we are in a few months re recovery. And regarding dinner, you just get a hankering for your own cooking after awhile, YKWIM. We did have take out tonight from our fav Lebanese restaurant. :lickout:

Junebug, hope you are doing well, moving does help quite a bit, in fact, the other day after all those laps I was achy the next day, maybe a bit more. Who knows, it's an up & down then sideways type of thing right now. We'll get over it, the sooner the better though. :). Thank you for your support!

Everyone, I need to check out now, & just put my head back for a bit. Getting sort of fatigued at this point--azstonie, love your personality--look forward to getting to know you, techietech, so sorry for all you are going through with your mom, sounds like you have a ton on your plate right now, hang in there!

I wish all of you peace tonight, and a night of good sleep, & mostly I want to thank all of you for your warm warm welcome! ((Hugs))
XO

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

I hope all of you had a great day!

Missy, those bunnies were calm and sweet for one day. This morning they were biting me, chewing on the bears and one of them was on the handle to the garage trying to bite my hand. One of them little suckers is missing tonight too. I am sure I’ll find him in some unsuspecting place later. Marty is obviously finally catching up on sleep. Yes, the days are ticking down until you go back to work. Another big milestone for you!

Jimmianne, your diamonds are gorgeous, sorry the new one isn’t the one you want. Your halo ring is very pretty. Is your WF diamond a blue? I agree with Missy searching for the perfect one is half the fun.

Sarah, I am glad to hear your appointment went well yesterday. I am sure the trip to the doctor would be exhausting. That will get better for you all the time. I hope each week you’ll find your pain gets less intense and you need less and less pain meds. I am glad you wore your pretty earrings today. It warmed up enough here today so most of the snow melted off the main streets. Our next round is coming early next week. It sounds like you are colder and snowier than we are. Marty and I do have fun, we are both kind of obnoxious.

Callie, the snow storms keep taking turns hitting us ladies. Your snowdrifts sound big! I hope your trees and bushes come out of it okay. It sounds like our husbands would have a lot in common to talk about. I have fun when we go somewhere but I always dread flying. I am claustrophobic and would rather go on road trips. With all of the miles Marty has though it’s kind of silly for us not to fly places. That is a great idea to go to the gem show with your friend to look for an aqua. Dan Starr has a pretty aqua on his website. I bought a couple of gems from him and think they are nice. Marty might frown on me putting a candy dish by his gym. That would be funny though.

I did drive myself to work today. The main roads were mostly clear. My kids weren’t quite as well behaved today but there weren’t any fights that I know about so I’d say that’s better than bad.

I didn’t buy much in the way of groceries last week so I was down to a hot pocket for lunch today. It wasn’t too bad. I had some meatballs in the freezer so I made some pasta, sauce and meatballs for supper. I have a London broil we can have tomorrow so I can at least make it to the weekend. I think grocery shopping is my least favorite task anymore. Marty will go with me if he’s in town and then I don’t mind it as much.

Sweet dreams and have a great day tomorrow.

Marcy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results