shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi girls, thank you for asking the dogs were ok yesterday. I definitely did not want something to happen. Unfortunately since momma dog is used to being on the streets, she is more likely to go out, her son is scared outside the yard so in this case it may be a good thing. Well, I fixed the fence temporarily, just completely stuffed and blocked the area where they made a gap and could get out. I am just glad I noticed it though I think it may not have happened had I not been there trying to leave on foot, that is also unusual, and momma wanting to follow me. It was nervewracking though.

I could have let the dogs in the house but there are many complications with that, I have just transformed their room into a storage room and then there is the five car garage/workshop building which can be heated for them but the door does not close completely so I let them have that because this way if I have to go away then they do not get into the bad habit of going potty inside, I had a lot of problems with that. This is not the biggest problem with them being inside, since they are hunting dogs, I really want the cats to be safe too, the puppy is one story but mom is used to chasing cats and even if the cats are upstairs in room, there are two very big rooms there that can be opened into each other and serve as cat isolation rooms, Sapphie can open the door. I would rather avoid a tragedy but it was hard for me to let the dogs be outside, still they have a lot more fun there too. Originally, I was not planning on rescuing the dogs but my mom found them and they needed a home and the rescues were not really stepping up to help even though we tried and then I thought I could really help as I have enough space so it takes time getting used to having dogs too when I had cats my whole life. I am very happy with them but of course it can be a lot of work.

Ah, for my hands I use pure shea butter or Nivea, things like that. I have tried the Neutrogena and it was very good but not fatty enough for me unfortunately but then I think nothing is when my hands get so dry. Hope you can go to the derm today Missy.

Leaving soon to see my sister. No, we do not meet so often, we do not live that close.

Your words were very kind Missy. I think that some people have more empathy towards others to begin with but I definitely agree that when you go through rough times, you become even more empathetic towards people. Life has its ups and downs although I would definitely prefer to have a bit more boring life by now.:)))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy|1415070835|3777161 said:
Hi Missy. How are you today?

I am glad you had a good night sleep and woke up in perfect time for PT. I slept okay but seem tired today. Probably the time change messing with me.

How was PT today? Your coffee break with Greg sounds like a perfect way to spend a nice, quiet time with your hubby.

Do you have any 8-prong jewelry? I don’t have any 8-prong now but I thought they would set low on my ear so I decided to try them.

That is great you ventured out for a walk by yourself and enjoyed the Sun and beautiful weather. I hate to hear you got so sore. We had about 4” of snow but it was mostly slushy.

I meant to mention yesterday I like your purse. I just ordered a new handbag from Ebags – it was on sale and I got 20% off. How could I not?

Calliecake, a little Chlor-Trimeton knocks me out so bad I can barely sleep it off. I told DH to take one when he couldn’t sleep and he never slept a wink that night.

Ovi, I hate to hear your day off was so stressful. Sorry to hear about the fence, did you get it fixed? The only lotion that keeps my hands from cracking and bleeding is Neutrogena Norwegian hand cream and I’ve been out of it for a few days. My hands are a mess.

I hope everyone has a great day tomorrow.
Marcy

Wow I know it isn't a lot but still 4 inches of snow...is this your first snowfall of the season? I hope we hold out for winter here because for me it's too early to deal with snow and slush! But it probably still looks pretty and white by you. Here snow gets dirty within the day though at the beach it stays pretty longer.

I have the same reaction to chlortrimeton and that's the antihistamine I take occasionally at bedtime. 4 mg is usually OK for me though I try not taking anything at bedtime anymore so only if I wake up before 2 AM or so and feel unable to get back to sleep will I even consider it these days. I forgot to google atarax last night so I am going to do that before my appointment this morning.

What handbag did you buy from Ebags? I never heard of Ebags so I have to check it out. 20% off is good. I hate paying retail! It's funny because I was talking with Greg about this very issue (retail prices) because I love a good sale but my very favorite things I usually have no choice but to pay full price because they rarely go on sale at all. My leather Moto jacket was a full price purchase but since I wear it so often I figure PPW (price per wear) makes it worth every penny! Greg doesn't look at these things the same way I do though as he feels full price is worth it if you love it and are going to enjoy it. Men.

I am sorry you are having dry skin issues with your hands. The change in weather to cold is a brutal one for many of us regarding our skin. Who knew humidity was so beneficial. My hair is also so fly away because of the decrease in humidity and decrease in temperature that I am back to deep conditioning it...what a pain and not making any difference right now. Hope you get the hand cream that works for you soon Marcy.

My OEC ER is an 8 prong ring. I love 8 prong settings. Really makes the diamond pop when done right and we know WF does it right. Cannot wait to see your new earrings Marcy! Did you say when you expect them? Need to see bling. :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1415072944|3777173 said:
Missy, I can't believe you are getting out by yourself. Victor must be so proud of the progress you have made. It sounds like you had a nice morning with Greg. I'm beginning to understand your feelings about leaving the city. It must be nice to be able to walk to restaurants and shopping.

Is your dermatologist located nearby or will you need to take a cab to the appoinment? I'm sure he'll be happy to see you if you decide to keep the appointment.

OVincze, Were you able to get the fence fixed? Were the dogs okay this afternoon? I hope your day got better after the rough start. Did you have a nice visit with your sister? Do you get to spend time with her often?

Marcy, it's funny you mentioned the medicine having a different effect on you and your husband. My husband always takes NyQuil when he has a cold. I took it once and was wide awake all night. Medicine can affect people so differently.

Hi Callie, I have to take a subway and then walk a few blocks and a few avenues to get to NYU which is on first avenue so sort of far from all transportation. When I was a quick walker it would take us a good 45 minutes to get there but these days I need to allot more time for transportation. Greg just wants us to grab a cab but I am determined to take the subway (good practice on all those stairs-so many stairs!) and then walk if possible.

I am leaning towards going but still not happy about my derm finding out what I have been through these last few months. When my internist found out I broke my leg because Greg told him when he saw him in August (when Greg had to go to him to get a measles shot since his measles vaccination didn't take when he was a child as the blood tests this past May revealed but then I broke my leg and Greg had too much on his hands to get that vaccination sooner) he said to Greg after all I had been through and now this happens.
When Greg told me what our internist had said to him I was upset because I don't want anyone feeling sorry for me and my internist clearly does/did. Ugh.

So that is really why I am not wanting to go to this appointment and had not gone to see my derm since before the accident. I know many of you will think I am being foolish but unless you have been through what I have I don't think you can fully understand how I feel about this. I hate being such a wreck and this year as you know I have been through the proverbial wringer and my derm (up until the accident that is) had a first row seat trying to help me each step of the way (and failing unfortunately). But I am going to just put on my big girl panties (hate that expression but it applies here IMO) and just do it and go to the appointment...probably. :cheeky: It's at 8AM but with my derm that means more like 9AM most likely. He is always running behind and squeezes people in before his first 8AM appointments of which there are 2 since he is so popular he always has to double book. AND he takes NO insurance so he's popular and pricey. ::)

Yes that is one of the reasons I like living here because you can walk to shops and restaurants and there are fun things to do and see all around us with no car being necessary to do those things. However we still have our car and it is expensive to keep here but we need it to make our beach trips back and forth and our Costco/Fairway/Whole food runs so worth it to us. But we are not too far from most things at the beach including Manhattan and Brooklyn and it's just my apprehension of change I think that is causing me these second thoughts. So maybe things won't be right outside our door as they are now but the trade off is worth it (most likely)- time will tell.

Hope you enjoy the day Callie.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OVincze|1415083375|3777225 said:
Hi girls, thank you for asking the dogs were ok yesterday. I definitely did not want something to happen. Unfortunately since momma dog is used to being on the streets, she is more likely to go out, her son is scared outside the yard so in this case it may be a good thing. Well, I fixed the fence temporarily, just completely stuffed and blocked the area where they made a gap and could get out. I am just glad I noticed it though I think it may not have happened had I not been there trying to leave on foot, that is also unusual, and momma wanting to follow me. It was nervewracking though.

I could have let the dogs in the house but there are many complications with that, I have just transformed their room into a storage room and then there is the five car garage/workshop building which can be heated for them but the door does not close completely so I let them have that because this way if I have to go away then they do not get into the bad habit of going potty inside, I had a lot of problems with that. This is not the biggest problem with them being inside, since they are hunting dogs, I really want the cats to be safe too, the puppy is one story but mom is used to chasing cats and even if the cats are upstairs in room, there are two very big rooms there that can be opened into each other and serve as cat isolation rooms, Sapphie can open the door. I would rather avoid a tragedy but it was hard for me to let the dogs be outside, still they have a lot more fun there too. Originally, I was not planning on rescuing the dogs but my mom found them and they needed a home and the rescues were not really stepping up to help even though we tried and then I thought I could really help as I have enough space so it takes time getting used to having dogs too when I had cats my whole life. I am very happy with them but of course it can be a lot of work.

Ah, for my hands I use pure shea butter or Nivea, things like that. I have tried the Neutrogena and it was very good but not fatty enough for me unfortunately but then I think nothing is when my hands get so dry. Hope you can go to the derm today Missy.

Leaving soon to see my sister. No, we do not meet so often, we do not live that close.

Your words were very kind Missy. I think that some people have more empathy towards others to begin with but I definitely agree that when you go through rough times, you become even more empathetic towards people. Life has its ups and downs although I would definitely prefer to have a bit more boring life by now.:)))

Hi Ovi, glad the fence is fixed for now and hope you get a final fix soon and that the dogs are all OK.

It's true that when people go through stressful events they can become more empathetic and understand how others feel when going through tough times. However I really didn't need that lesson lol as I was always a pretty empathetic person. It's the main reason I didn't go into another field career wise (psych) because I felt I would take too many problems home with me if you kwim. It is hard for me to turn off that switch so I chose something else where I could still help others without taking it to heart.

Have a good visit with your sister and hope today is a better day than yesterday for you. :wavey:

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
missy|1415051923|3776970 said:
Hi Kelinas! How are you? Thank you for thinking of me and stopping by. That is so thoughtful of you especially given all you are going through right now. You are in my thoughts as well and I hope things are improving and that you are hanging in there. Hugs to you.

:wavey: :wavey: :wavey:
I go to a realtor today to look at a new apartment - moving forward!
Still adjusting to the whole divorce but I'm getting a cat (or 4 :naughty: ) to keep me company.

I'll be fine, just a minor bump in the road

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kelinas|1415111979|3777325 said:
Hi Kelinas! How are you? Thank you for thinking of me and stopping by. That is so thoughtful of you especially given all you are going through right now. You are in my thoughts as well and I hope things are improving and that you are hanging in there. Hugs to you.

Still adjusting to the whole divorce but I'm getting a cat (or 4 :naughty: ) to keep me company.

Quick threadjack: Kelinas, great 'tude re the divorce. Good for you. Divorce (I;ve been through it once) does not mean failure. It just means the marriage did not last forever (a nonspecific amount of time anyhoo). What about the dog, you reference cats for company; what about the dog you have/had, the one who was ill?

Missy, I've had good luck for my mild rosacea with Clinique's redness reducing moisturizer, have you tried it?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy and Ladies!

Missy, this is our second snow but the first one was only about an inch on the grass. The snow in the streets gets dirty here but most of our snow stays white. Of course we have lots of wind here so we get big drifts. We were the only house on our block for over a year and the drifts around here were huge. I got my car high centered in a drift in our driveway and luckily Marty was here to dig me out of it. Now we have 2 house to the north and one across the street so maybe they’ll help stop some of the drifting at our place.

I bought a LeSportsac nylon bag. It’s a denim color with lots of pockets and zippers. The website is ebags.com and if you sign up for email alerts you’ll get quite a few offers for discounts. Some of the major brands are often excluded but not always. They have free shipping and easy returns so I don’t mind buying from them at all. I’m with you; I always want a coupon or a bargain.

I did pick up some of the Neutrogena cream tonight so hopefully my hands will get better. I should leave my rings off for a few days and put lotion on every time I wash my hands but we all know not wearing our rings is not going to happen. Winter really dries out our skin.

How is your toe today, Missy?

Taking the stairs to get to and from the subway sounds painful to your ankle and my knees. Do they have elevators or lifts at all to help get up and down? I hope your dermatologist appointment goes well.

You wouldn’t like our small city for shopping and getting around without a car. We do have some public transportation but not much. I have honestly only been in a taxicab once in my life and that was about 3 years ago in Denver. We always have cars to go places.

My earrings should ship tomorrow and I can pick them up Thursday. I got my glamour shots today. I’ll strip off the logo and post a picture. I am glad to hear you like your OEC in an 8-prong setting.

Calliecake, Nyquil will knock me out about 4 hours then I’m wide-awake the rest of the night. It is funny how meds don’t react the same with different people. Tylenol III stays in my stomach 15 minutes. You could set your watch by it.

Ovi, I am glad the dogs are okay. It sounds like you have quite a crew of dogs and cats. I hope you enjoyed visiting with your sister.

Kelinas, I hope you find a fabulous apartment. Great idea to get a cat. I have teddy bears but primarily because I’m allergic to both cats and dogs. If I wasn’t I would definitely have a cat.

Azstonie, I have had great luck with Clinque. It’s great stuff.

I left work early to vote then met a friend for supper. We had a glass of wine and ½ of a 6” pizza. I love cheap happy hour prices. Our meals came to a little over $13.00.

Have a great day tomorrow.

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are my glamour shots. Diamonds are .512 and .537 F Si1 in YG.

studscrop2.jpg

studscropped.jpg

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
azstonie|1415144460|3777562 said:
Kelinas|1415111979|3777325 said:

Quick threadjack: Kelinas, great 'tude re the divorce. Good for you. Divorce (I;ve been through it once) does not mean failure. It just means the marriage did not last forever (a nonspecific amount of time anyhoo). What about the dog, you reference cats for company; what about the dog you have/had, the one who was ill?

Missy, I've had good luck for my mild rosacea with Clinique's redness reducing moisturizer, have you tried it?

Ex is taking her for the most part, he's getting a house with a yard and the whole shebang vs I'm going into an apartment.

I'll still get to see her and have her but not enough to not get a pet.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kelinas, I am so glad things are moving in a positive direction for you and I agree-your attitude is wonderful and will serve you well. :appl: And you probably know that I am all for you adopting a kittie (or 4 :cheeky: ) as they are little bundles of unconditional love and affection and healing for the soul.
Hope you apartment hunting goes well!

Marcy, your earrings are GORGEOUS. Thank you for posting that picture. I know you cannot wait for Thursday and we are looking forward to ear shots as soon as you receive these beauties. :love:

It must be nice to have some neighbors around now and not just for the help with the snow drifts I imagine. Nice for some company as long as they are pleasant neighbors that is. Tricky because if there is no one around it could feel so isolated but if you get difficult neighbors I could see where you would be longing for that peace and quiet. A catch 22 and the right mix is critical. Hope you enjoy the company of your neighbors and that they are nice people.

Sounds like a nice happy hour and supper yesterday and yay for good prices. Thanks for the ebag link. I will check it out. Enjoy your new bag and cannot wait for you to receive your new earrings!

Kristie, thanks for the recommendation. Right now I just use Eucerin original moisturizing creme as my face reacts to almost everything else and this works well for me. It's just a seb derm flare because of the weather change I think. I saw my derm yesterday morning and he agreed with my treatment suggestion of Xolegel and Elidel.

He gave me samples of Elidel for before bed and an Rx for Xolegel. Less is more though with my skin so not trying the Elidel until I have used the Xolegel for a few days. I asked him about the Atarax but he didn't like that idea so I didn't push him as I am not at the point I feel I really need help sleeping and I know here I may seem anxious but IRL I have it under control (it just helps me to vent here and to some of my friends and dh) so not saying I won't need something at some point but for now I am doing OK and will hold off on getting an Rx. And if things change I will press him for an Rx. He's pretty good that way and is always open to suggestions from me and always listens.

I am glad we went yesterday to see my dermatologist. He told me that when I see my surgeon next I should ask him about eventually getting all that metal out of my leg because in 10/15/20 years who knows what the consequences are and what happens to all that metal. He did say that there will be more compromises to my lymphatic drainage system if they have to go into my leg again but it might be worth it. So it was good to get his perspective and though I am sure the surgeon might disagree he did tell me at my last visit that it was possible to get some/much? of the metal out in 9 months.

Kristie, do you have any opinions on this topic of removing the metal plates and screws?

Ovi, I hope your visit with your sister went as well as it could and that she is doing better and that you had a good day.

ETA: Just wanted to share my subway experience yesterday morning. We went during rush hour and not ONE person offered me their seat. Can you believe it? I was not totally surprised but I guess while I always expect the worst (so I won't be disappointed) I always always hope for the best and yes it was disappointing. Greg said that it was probably because he was with me and if I was alone they would have but I doubt it. All these young people sitting and not one offered me their seat till we transferred to the last train (we had to take 3 trains to get there) and then a young man in a suit and tie offered me his seat. I declined as we only had a few local stops on that last train but really appreciated the kind gesture and that is all I wanted in the first 2 trains we took yanno? Disappointing experience. :((

But YAY because I walked all the way from the train to NYU and back to the train and went home by myself most of the way as Greg got off for work before I did. The trains were much less crowded so getting a seat going back home was no issue and while the stairs were difficult going down they weren't bad going up. I have to be very careful going down the stairs though because it is so easy to miss a step (almost tripped a couple of times) and fall because I am not used to taking it one step at a time. I cannot go down with my good foot because my bad ankle will not bend enough to allow me to do that so I have to lead with my bad leg going down the steps with each step so you can imagine how long it takes to go down those multitude of steps they have for the subways.

Marcy, there are no elevators or escalators at my stops and in fact where they do have escalators and/or elevators they are usually out of order so one cannot rely on them anyway.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy, How are you feeling today? What a day you had yesterday! it sounds like it was quite an ordeal to get to the doctor. I cringed when you mentioned you were going to being using stairs. I can only imagine how painful that must of been for you, luckily Greg was able to be with you. I also can't believe no one offered to give you their seat. It makes you want to slap their parents for not teaching them any manners! It's amazing how rude people can be to others.

You used the stairs!!!!! Another huge accomplishment :appl: :appl: :appl: We need to celebrate great things like this!!! Another step closer to getting your old life back.

I understood how you felt about going to the doctor but wanted to give you this to think about. You've had a bad year, probably one of the worst you will ever have. Have you noticed just from this and thinking back on others you have known, that it seems most people go thru times in their life where when it rain it pours. You have gotten thru this past year with your sense if humor intact. That's is one major accomplishment. I didn't think your doctor would show you pity, just kindness and concern. That's a good thing. You mean a lot to people. Often it's the kindness of others that carry us through the rough times or at the very least, help us through them. I think most people who cross paths with you and know you, love you. You are such a kind, caring person. Please don't think he is showing you pity.

My sister has made comments about having some of the screws removed but she always comes back to the fact that she is doing well and decides not to do anything. I have never heard her say she wanted the plate removed.

Everything went well with my mom's surgery. Now I have to work on her about seeing a pulmonary doctor. This showed be fun. How I wish I could find a doctor that will remove her stubborn streak!

Marcy, Your earrings are gorgeous!!! How much fun it will be to open that package tomorrow! We will definately need to see earshots.

I also wanted to tell you Gold Bond Healing lotion has made a HUGE difference in my skin. I use it on my hands and feet all year and it's worked better than anything I've used in the past. I use the unscented one.

Kelinas, It sounds like you are doing well. I'm sure things will start to get easier once your settled in your new apartment. Hang in there Sweetie!

OVinzce, I hope everything is going well with you. Any new shopping stories?? I've ordered a couple things on line but am waiting for a sale as there is a skirt I have my eye on.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Girls, The antique jewelry store owner called to let me know she was opening this weekend. I so wish you lived nearby so I could take you all with me.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Antique jewels? Love them, have fun for us, Callie!!

Missy, 're metal in your body.

Well. In an accident-free world you would say nuts to that, metal in your leg, but you had a traumatic injury that required plates/screws. You're walking now, working out now, amazing progress you can be proud of.

What the future holds for the engineering that is keeping you walking, your surgeon would be the one to answer that.

It's not similar to removing amalgam from your mouth and replacing with something less toxic...

Why did the dermatologist comment in that respect, I wonder.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy,

It sounds like your dermatologists had some good recommendations for you. What a journey to get there though.

I hate to hear no one would give you his or her seat on the subway but I am not surprised. My mom always needed the handicap spot in restrooms and she generally couldn’t wait if it was full so she’d use another spot then have problems getting up. Then you’d see some young, skinny, seemingly healthy person come out of the handicap spot. It seems some people are just inconsiderate and oblivious.

I shutter to think of you almost tripping going down the stairs. That is a shame the escalators don’t work. How wonderful you were able to maneuver all those stairs.

I hope you enjoy looking at Ebags. They have some cool things.

Calliecake, I am glad to hear your mom’s surgery went well. I haven’t tried Gold Bond Healing lotion yet but my niece said it’s all that works for her too. I might pick up some. Sounds like you might have some new jewelry this weekend. I’ll be anxious to hear about your visit to the new jewelry store.

My earrings shipped today but for some reason my next day FedEx turned in to 2 day FedEx delivery so I won’t get them until Friday. RATS!!!

My neighbors were moving in more things tonight. I don’t think they are living there yet. We had great neighbors at our old house so hopefully we’ll be that lucky here.

Take care.
Marcy Anxiously Waiting Until Friday

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1415214192|3778103 said:
Hi Missy, How are you feeling today? What a day you had yesterday! it sounds like it was quite an ordeal to get to the doctor. I cringed when you mentioned you were going to being using stairs. I can only imagine how painful that must of been for you, luckily Greg was able to be with you. I also can't believe no one offered to give you their seat. It makes you want to slap their parents for not teaching them any manners! It's amazing how rude people can be to others.

You used the stairs!!!!! Another huge accomplishment :appl: :appl: :appl: We need to celebrate great things like this!!! Another step closer to getting your old life back.

I understood how you felt about going to the doctor but wanted to give you this to think about. You've had a bad year, probably one of the worst you will ever have. Have you noticed just from this and thinking back on others you have known, that it seems most people go thru times in their life where when it rain it pours. You have gotten thru this past year with your sense if humor intact. That's is one major accomplishment. I didn't think your doctor would show you pity, just kindness and concern. That's a good thing. You mean a lot to people. Often it's the kindness of others that carry us through the rough times or at the very least, help us through them. I think most people who cross paths with you and know you, love you. You are such a kind, caring person. Please don't think he is showing you pity.

My sister has made comments about having some of the screws removed but she always comes back to the fact that she is doing well and decides not to do anything. I have never heard her say she wanted the plate removed.

Everything went well with my mom's surgery. Now I have to work on her about seeing a pulmonary doctor. This showed be fun. How I wish I could find a doctor that will remove her stubborn streak!

Marcy, Your earrings are gorgeous!!! How much fun it will be to open that package tomorrow! We will definately need to see earshots.

I also wanted to tell you Gold Bond Healing lotion has made a HUGE difference in my skin. I use it on my hands and feet all year and it's worked better than anything I've used in the past. I use the unscented one.

Kelinas, It sounds like you are doing well. I'm sure things will start to get easier once your settled in your new apartment. Hang in there Sweetie!

OVinzce, I hope everything is going well with you. Any new shopping stories?? I've ordered a couple things on line but am waiting for a sale as there is a skirt I have my eye on.

Dear Callie, I am so happy your mom's surgery went well. Now she is on the road to recovery and I am sure you and the rest of her loved ones can convince her to go to the pulmonologist. The hard part is over-surgery still scares me as so much can go wrong so YAY that's over and done! Continuing to send healing vibes her way!

You are so right. It is the kindness of people (friends, family and people I don't even know but that take the time to encourage me) that gives me the strength to power on and be strong.

As for your sister, why was she considering removing the screws and not the plates? I am not sure what the right thing is to do and I am going to speak with the surgeon about it at my follow up in January. I have a feeling he will be of the school of thought let's wait and see how you are doing in the future as we cannot predict the right treatment till we know more about how I am reacting to the metal in my leg. I am glad your sister is doing well and doesn't feel the need to remove the metal.

OMG! I wish we could join you at the antique jewelry store opening! Please have fun and share the experience with us when you get back. We wouldn't turn down pictures either... :cheeky:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1415231897|3778262 said:
Antique jewels? Love them, have fun for us, Callie!!

Missy, 're metal in your body.

Well. In an accident-free world you would say nuts to that, metal in your leg, but you had a traumatic injury that required plates/screws. You're walking now, working out now, amazing progress you can be proud of.

What the future holds for the engineering that is keeping you walking, your surgeon would be the one to answer that.

It's not similar to removing amalgam from your mouth and replacing with something less toxic...

Why did the dermatologist comment in that respect, I wonder.

Hi Kristie, the thing is with my dermatologist is we know each other from Junior High School so for over 35 years now. We weren't in touch after Jr HS but when he was recommended to me when I needed a dermatologist over 10 years ago we "met" again. I hadn't realized who he was until I saw him at my first visit as his name is a common one. But LOL he looked exactly the same as 6th grade haha.

So that is our history and he does look out for me in more than just the dermatological sense. When I was struggling with my burning symptoms this past winter he was right there trying to figure it out and so it makes sense that he is concerned about my leg now that he knows about the accident and surgery.

He was just saying he doesn't know what the ramifications are of having all that metal in my leg in the years to come. He did say to speak to my surgeon about it as he thinks it is best to remove it but see what the surgeon has to say. I know he is concerned for my future well being and that is why he shared his unsolicited but always welcome opinion. I appreciate that and he is the first to admit when he doesn't know something and he is very well respected and knowledgeable not only in his field but across the medical community.

Of course I am right there with you Kristie in that I am so thankful I am up and about and walking again. It is really a miracle. In fact David (my derm) said that in the days before this technology I would have been crippled by this accident in that my leg would have remained deformed and I would have either walked with a pronounced limp or not been able to at all so he did say I did the right thing in having the surgery with the plates and screws.

And whatever the future holds I am going to do my best to deal with it and make the most of it despite the hardships. I am grateful for the skill and technology of the medical community and specifically my surgeon and hope for the best in the future. I just want to know as much as I can regarding what my options are for the future. That is, do I consider removal of the hardware as soon as I can i.e. is this even a good alternative or should I not do anything unless the plates and screws are bothering me and deal with it when/if it does at that time? I just want to be proactive if I can before problems arise.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy|1415242922|3778352 said:
Hi Missy,

It sounds like your dermatologists had some good recommendations for you. What a journey to get there though.

I hate to hear no one would give you his or her seat on the subway but I am not surprised. My mom always needed the handicap spot in restrooms and she generally couldn’t wait if it was full so she’d use another spot then have problems getting up. Then you’d see some young, skinny, seemingly healthy person come out of the handicap spot. It seems some people are just inconsiderate and oblivious.

I shutter to think of you almost tripping going down the stairs. That is a shame the escalators don’t work. How wonderful you were able to maneuver all those stairs.

I hope you enjoy looking at Ebags. They have some cool things.

Calliecake, I am glad to hear your mom’s surgery went well. I haven’t tried Gold Bond Healing lotion yet but my niece said it’s all that works for her too. I might pick up some. Sounds like you might have some new jewelry this weekend. I’ll be anxious to hear about your visit to the new jewelry store.

My earrings shipped today but for some reason my next day FedEx turned in to 2 day FedEx delivery so I won’t get them until Friday. RATS!!!

My neighbors were moving in more things tonight. I don’t think they are living there yet. We had great neighbors at our old house so hopefully we’ll be that lucky here.

Take care.
Marcy Anxiously Waiting Until Friday

Oh Marcy, I hate it when that happens and I totally share your disappointment about the extra day wait. It seems to happen more often than not recently at least in my experience. The last few things I had coming next day Fed Ex were delayed for some unknown reason to 2 days. Frustrating. But think of it like this...one more day WOOHOO! That is all so hold on and soon you will be receiving your GORGEOUS new earrings. They are going to be so yummy. 8 prong ACA's oooh. :love: :appl:

Hope your new neighbors are great and that you become fast friends and that you enjoy having the company nearby.

As for no one offering me a seat I guess I could look at it this way. I didn't look weak or old enough to need the seat so there's that. Because when I had those invasive tests this past spring and I had tubes going down my nose and throat and I was barely 100 lbs people couldn't get up fast enough to offer me their seats so that's an improvement lol.

Please don't forget us here...living vicariously through you and Callie for now re the bling! :appl:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Now I really did it :(

Hi Missy, if I'm not mistaken I believe my sister can actually feel one of the screws in her ankle and that was the reason she was thinking of asking about having them taken out. She also has said that once in a while it gets a little sore in the area where the screw is. I also believe the doctor told her that they would be able to remove some of the hardware if it bothered her later on. She has pretty much come to the conclusion that if it's not broke.... Don't fix it. Like I've said before she is doing fantastic and has her old life back. The few times a year she feels a little sore is not a bad trade off. I doubt she will have them take it out unless it begins to really bother her often.

You dermatologist sounds like a great guy. It also seems like he thinks of you and Greg as a friend as well as patient.

I loved your response about no one giving you their seat in the subway. Were you wearing your sexy boots on the subway? If so, the reason no one gave you their seat is they were too busy looking at your legs and boots. You know how men are!

I'm going to the jewelry store this weekend but seriously doubt I will be making a purchase. There are some things going on with my family that I may need to help out with. I am very conflicted and not sure what is the right thing for me to do. Anyone else ever feel like their family is driving them crazy.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy,

Too funny you asked Calliecake to take pictures at the antique jewelry store; I was going to ask her too. Great minds think alike!

What a coincidence your dermatologist went to school with you. He sounds like a good doctor and cares about all of your needs. We are lucky to live in a place and time where medical technology is so terrific.

Good point that it’s nice that you didn’t look like you needed a seat on the subway. That’s a great way to look at it.

Calliecake, I understand family things. My last year was more fun than I ever want deal with again. I am sure you’ll find a way to do what is right for you.

I was crazy busy at work today so my day zipped by. I spent an hour in a meeting that was honestly a nice break from work.

After work I picked up a kid's hamburger meal and ate about 1/2 of my fries with it. Quick, easy, cheap and won't break the calorie bank. Healthy? Probably not but it works.

My purse showed up. A few of my bears are rifling through it for money. Maybe they think they are going to have a poker night tomorrow even though Marty's gone.

Marty is extending his Ethiopian stay until the 18th and will get home on the 19th. He said he got tired of hearing them whine about him staying until the bid is submitted.

Have a great evening and tomorrow is FRIDAY!

Marcy

_23905.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Now I really did it :(

Calliecake|1415311266|3778808 said:
Hi Missy, if I'm not mistaken I believe my sister can actually feel one of the screws in her ankle and that was the reason she was thinking of asking about having them taken out. She also has said that once in a while it gets a little sore in the area where the screw is. I also believe the doctor told her that they would be able to remove some of the hardware if it bothered her later on. She has pretty much come to the conclusion that if it's not broke.... Don't fix it. Like I've said before she is doing fantastic and has her old life back. The few times a year she feels a little sore is not a bad trade off. I doubt she will have them take it out unless it begins to really bother her often.

You dermatologist sounds like a great guy. It also seems like he thinks of you and Greg as a friend as well as patient.

I loved your response about no one giving you their seat in the subway. Were you wearing your sexy boots on the subway? If so, the reason no one gave you their seat is they were too busy looking at your legs and boots. You know how men are!

I'm going to the jewelry store this weekend but seriously doubt I will be making a purchase. There are some things going on with my family that I may need to help out with. I am very conflicted and not sure what is the right thing for me to do. Anyone else ever feel like their family is driving them crazy.

Good morning Callie and thank you so much for sharing your sister's experience. I am really glad she is doing so well and I can see her POV that since she feels good most of the time why take the risk. I know I am only 4 plus months out but I do *think* I feel the screws much of the time. Mainly when I am stretching I can feel the pinching of what I think are the screws. Victor says in time that should dissipate and if it doesn't then I can explore getting them out.

I did some reading yesterday and it seems if you keep the plates/screws in your leg your bones don't get as dense/strong as opposed to taking them out. However, taking them out has its own set of risks (i.e. low percentage of breaking a bone when removed plus other risks like compromised lymphatic drainage which we already knew about) so there is no clear cut answer. I know right now I do want them out but I also know I have to wait at least a year from when they first operated and perhaps a few years depending.

My dermatologist is a smart guy and he cares about all his patients. He is definitely one of the good guys in medicine. We really only have a professional relationship but with the history of being classmates which doesn't hurt. I remember when I first saw him as my derm and realized immediately who he was haha. He then realized it too and the next visit I brought in our Jr HS yearbook and we looked so dorky back then LOLOLOL. :lol:

Yes, I often am driven a bit batty by my (or Greg's) family. My mom especially as she gets older and more stubborn and I know you can relate to that. It is difficult watching our loved ones get older, struggle with health problems and feeling so helpless to do anything as they don't listen to a word much of the time. My mom put off her knee replacement surgery for so many years (despite my sister and I pleading with her for years to have the surgery) and the year she was scheduled was this year in Nov and then as you know she broke her knee cap on the same leg so the knee replacement is delayed until her knee cap is fully healed. And now she is in a lot of pain not so much from her broken knee cap which is healing but her knee which needs replacing and they just cannot do it until the knee cap is fully healed and it is safe.

LOL yes I was wearing the SW blue suede boots on the subway and if I say so myself I looked sharp as I was also wearing one of my new blue dresses that is really pretty. But I doubt they were looking at that as they were all too busy avoiding making eye contact with me lol. :shock: I am over it though and do realize if I looked really weak someone would have offered me a seat. It's just disappointing some people can be so cold.

Please enjoy the jewelry store opening and know all of us will be there with you in spirit and yes please share any pics if you are so inclined to take some. Don't worry if you cannot of course but it would be a nice treat if you could. :halo:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy|1415326352|3778931 said:
Hi Missy,

Too funny you asked Calliecake to take pictures at the antique jewelry store; I was going to ask her too. Great minds think alike!

What a coincidence your dermatologist went to school with you. He sounds like a good doctor and cares about all of your needs. We are lucky to live in a place and time where medical technology is so terrific.

Good point that it’s nice that you didn’t look like you needed a seat on the subway. That’s a great way to look at it.

Calliecake, I understand family things. My last year was more fun than I ever want deal with again. I am sure you’ll find a way to do what is right for you.

I was crazy busy at work today so my day zipped by. I spent an hour in a meeting that was honestly a nice break from work.

After work I picked up a kid's hamburger meal and ate about 1/2 of my fries with it. Quick, easy, cheap and won't break the calorie bank. Healthy? Probably not but it works.

My purse showed up. A few of my bears are rifling through it for money. Maybe they think they are going to have a poker night tomorrow even though Marty's gone.

Marty is extending his Ethiopian stay until the 18th and will get home on the 19th. He said he got tired of hearing them whine about him staying until the bid is submitted.

Have a great evening and tomorrow is FRIDAY!

Marcy

Hi Marcy, YAY it's Friday! OMG love that picture haha. I enjoy your sense of humor and feel we have that in common as they are very similar to be sure. They are very sharp dressers your teddy bears!
:bigsmile:

It sucks that Marty will be away till the 19th but I hope the time passes quickly and that you have activities/people to keep you company and make the time enjoyable. Sometimes it is a good thing to be away from your spouse and right now I wouldn't mind being away from Greg! He sort of pissed me off last night and we are not made up yet. I don't feel like going into the particulars right now but suffice it to say we both feel we are in the right. Who said you can be right or happily married haha. Well right now I am not feeling in the giving mood and I am waiting for him to say he was wrong. Yes being stubborn is a streak Greg and I both share. We will probably be nightmares when we get to be my parents age but at least we have no children to torture! :cheeky:

I think your meal last night was a good compromise. You had a little treat but didn't have the full adult meal. Good for you in thinking of that! Were you not hungry after the kid's meal though? I have a big appetite and love volume which I know is not a great quality but I always have a big salad with dinner so it helps me satiate my need for quantity (as well as quality). I think denying oneself (whatever form that denial takes and is specific to each person of course) is not a good thing and will often backfire. That is why I allow myself treats that are not too healthy occasionally so I do not feel as if I am missing out. And your post reminds me I *need* Nathan's French Fries!!! I haven't had them for years but perhaps this weekend we can go to Coney Island and get some. :appl: Greg had never been to Coney Island in Brooklyn until I took him when we were dating and it was a blast. Everyone should experience Coney Island IMO if just for the roller coaster and Nathan's fries. Yummmmmmy! :lickout:

Hope your workday goes smoothly today and the weekend will be here before we know it. :wavey:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy, I knew you had your boots on!!!!! I didn't tell you I tried a very similar pair on with my niece. I'm so short and my feet are a size 6 1/2. I looked like someone stepped on my head! I'm very short and looked like I had boats for feet. It really was quite comical. Hey, a girl has to know her limitations. I need heels! Don't ever take your height for granted.

My sister's leg swells from time to time. She said that also was a factor in not having the metal taken out. Her doctor told her the same thing regarding the swelling. I believe that also factored into her decision not to have the screws taken out. As I said earlier she hadn't mentioned anything about having the plates removed. Just the screws that she can feel. She can feel one of them when she runs her hand over her ankle. She isn't thin so it wouldn't surprise me if you could feel yours.

I'm sorry you had an argument with Greg last night. Are you feeling better today or are you still mad? You are right about sometimes husbands traveling isn't such a bad thing. I've had days where I've thought "when Is your next trip?". Haha. But as I'm sure Marcy will tell you, more often than not it gets pretty lonely being by yourself all the time.

My mom is refusing to see a lung specialist and is going to her GP doctor. Her oxygen levels were really bad when she was in the hospital. My husband talked to her on Sunday and was trying to get it thru her head that if something is wrong you see a specialist and not the doctor who gives you the flu shot. Now she is telling me her GP wants to run more tests. I wonder why this doctor isn't sending her to a specialist. He told her she needs to be on oxygen for the rest of her life, I think common sense would tell you it's time to see the pulmonary doctor. It's always something. Last week it was that her 80 year old husband, who passes out often, was fine to handle their snow removal. She wasnt going to pay someone to shovel their snow. Of course it's always fine for me to pay for it. I'm just starting to feel taken advantage of by my whole family. My dad called this week and said they didn't plan for their retirement correctly and now he needs money. His wife had been supporting her 46 yr old daughter and the daughter's 25 year old son (who has 4 kids that he doesn't support) forever. They still live with dad and he pays for their car insurance, car repairs, gas, food, you name it since they don't work most of the time. I only see my dad about once every 8 years, but talk to him on the phone often. He moved out of state when I was seventeen and never looked back. For years he only called if they needed money. At least that has changed. I basically don't know his wife and her family, which is really fine with me. I think part of what bothers me is he felt it was fine to have me emancipated at 17. I told my husband last night that I was having the "Bank of xxx" sign installed in our front yard next week! I'm sorry for the rant Missy. I'll feel terrible later for getting this off my chest.

Marcy, I'm sorry your husband has been traveling so much lately. I know it can wear on you.

OVinzce, I hope all is well with you!

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi girls,

This is the greatest thread ever, I love following everyone's lives and hearing stories, it is sort of like a reality show but we are participating in it and it is really like having online friends.

First of all, I hope I will not miss anything and anyone, I really do not intend to but otherwise I will post several times. Everything went well, I may have to go back next week to my sister's but for now all is good and getting better for sure. The animal gang did just fine although Sapphie had diarrhea when I got home, I mean she had accidents in like five spots. I hope it is just some bug passing through but anyhow giving her the Vetri DMG which I swear is the greatest thing on the planet for animals. Natural enzyme but the best immune stimulator and I go to it as the miracle help for everything the animal kiddies are experiencing. Great thing for you guys who have pets in the US, it is made there are quite inexpensive to get it in the US, unfortunately not so over here but well worth the price. So I will go and check on Sapphie soon and hope that she has improved since. Not sure what is wrong as all the others were fine and she was eating well herself too.

Unfortunately, the momma dog has an emotional problem, due to her trauma of having been left, she goes crazy if I try to leave her and even though the fence was fixed or so we thought she got out again and she does everything to dig herself out of the yard to follow me. At the moment I am at my wit's end about this situation because she gets scared outside and cannot get back inside the yard. Very nervewracking to say the least, not sure what to do as I do have to leave obviously, I cannot sit home all the time. The garage door has to be fixed which is not an easy story and then she can be locked in there with her son for shorter periods of time as not sure what other thing I can think of but for now even that is not a solution, I feel very stressed about this. We worked on the fence again tonight and then pretended to go on a walk and we could hear her screaming, trying to push herself out of the gate and then digging and ripping that small area of the fence that she can wreck. I had to cancel my appointment today and I will try crating her tomorrow and closing the garage as I must get out. I am just sorry that after moving I cannot find my larger dog crates, of course, why would I find them when I need them. I remember donating them to rescue,stupid me but then I did not think I would be adopting dogs.

Kelinas, I am very sorry to hear about your divorce, that must be hard, I am not sure how much you shared or want to share about it but I feel for you and am with you, I have been through a very hard breakup story myself. I like your positive attitude very much and definitely support you on getting a kitty, they can be such soulmates. You appear very strong and will get over this. I wish I had been that strong but to the outside world I probably appeared to be, I cannot say it was easy though. In some situations it is better to be without a person than with though and thinking about the freedom and possibilities of happiness is a great approach. I hope you will hear more updates about you and your life and how you find happiness which I am sure you will.

Missy, I have missed talking to you and Callie and Marcy too of course. I am very proud of you Missy but I too got very scared when I hear about you walking down the stairs alone and feared you could hall, perhaps I do not want to be unsupportive of it but do get Greg to help you when you do that and otherwise for now it may still be safer to take a cab. I hope what your derm told you about will help, I do not know these creams but it could be that they go under different brand names in Europe. I too think and have said here that everything the Lauder company makes are great products and done wonders to my skin, I too used Clinique most of my life,only with sensitivities skip any products with alcohol. I also used some Lauder products and now La Mer but all are wonderful in my opinion and in case of allergies perhaps Clinique is the best but even with my severe allergies I could use all of the products brands under the Lauder company made, they also helped aging slow down a lot in my opinion, in fact I must have done good marketing for them as so many girls I knew started using their products because of me. I tried switching and I always ended up with problems so will just stick with what works.

Marcy, congrats on your earrings! I am sure you will wear them a lot. Nice to hear more about you too.

Callie, please share about your shopping and hope we get to see some pix. I still have not worn my new boots, I am doing this silly saving things again, I gotta stop. Well, now I am not shopping, only doing jewelry projects for myself but because I work in this trade, I cannot share them here unfortunately. At the moment I am concentrating on my favorite thing though and try to stop shopping for a while. There is a lot going on right now anyhow with many shows, events, balls and things like that in Vienna so it will not be a boring time and I can probably hold off for a bit on the shopping. If I buy new things though I will share again.

I was not too crazy about any of the new perfumes I got to try. I think mostly they were floral chypres and though very nice, it is not really my genre, it fits my mom better and thus I have given her many of my most beautiful floral chypres and only kept a couple I really loved. Generally I really love sweetness, vanilla and incense and animalic notes, a bit of woods sometimes, so perhaps what you told me about Missy would work as L'Air de Rien only has three notes too; vanilla, musk and orange flower but it is not a floral for sure, in no way, mostly you smell the vanilla and the musk with a bit of bitter orange flower. My favorite version of Bal a Versailles is also very sweet but that fume is very complicated as well.

I am sure I missed some points and will write again, hope to talk to you all soon and wish you a great weekend.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Of course I missed the last posts too! Callie, you sure are going through a lot right now, it sounded like your mom was better but this scares me now and yes she needs a specialist! Your dad is a piece of work but I tell you I know about broken and difficult families as I come from one. My sister only calls if she needs help and I barely talk to my dad. He had a lot of empathy for his patients until he got bad burnt out but he was a terrible father, he has been better for his sons out of his second marriage. I often think my relationship with him or the lack thereof did the most damage to me during my life but what can be one? I am not sure you should be supporting your father financially Callie, I mean does it not have to stop once? I hate it when people try to take advantage of others but I do understand you too as I have supported my sister a lot as she was so ill as a child. She does not really deserve it but yet I can only be the way I am.

I am sorry about your fight with Greg Missy, if you want to share, feel free. I did with mine too over this dog thing but you know I have told you that I was not very wise when I married this guy to say the least. Now I feel sort of stuck as I also have a fear of being alone and take pity on him.

I too agree that sometimes the best marriages are those where one travels a lot though I am not sure that is always the case. My husband works 7 days a week and we never spend time together, well, except when we are working and he is almost always in a bad mood, does not help at home very much or does but then he throws it in my face and he has to work this much because of financial trouble he had before me and all I can do is help him and of course I do but it does not make me too thrilled, it would if he was at least nice but listening to negativity all the time is not great. Ok, I promise I am done with my share of complaining.:))) I know that noone is perfect and I think that sometimes in life we are meant to help others but it would be nice to feel supported sometimes instead of always being supportive. I know he means well and is not dishonest and I can say that in my past I always dated very strong men but they can often be jerks, ok, correct me of course if I am wrong, my experiences are of course only limited to me.

I have to say though Marcy that it must be hard for you without Marty but at the same time it feels really good to see him again and you get to miss him a bit which helps sometimes. I know what I would be doing though if I was in this situation as my ex fiancee travelled on business trips, I would be shopping a lot!:)))

Yes, please share about your experience at the antique jewelry store Callie! Next week I will go to an art and antique show as a visitor, we do have a trade show too at the same time but this one we got free tickets to visit. I love love love antique shows, I am a bit afraid though because of any potential shopping possibilities, so I am a bit torn whether I should even go.:))) I wish my mom was here as she loves these events and flea markets in our area can be wonderful. I am afraid that the antique show will be a lot more expensive and I will probably see a million things I want to buy. Vienna is really a wonderful place for finding antiques. I think that we will visit with our colleague and I will just leave my wallet home but that will likely only result in me wanting to run home to get it.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy,

Yes I think we do have a lot in common. I am glad you think my teddy bears are fashionable. Marty says they dress like sissies.

I agree it is good to be away from your spouse sometimes. Sorry you and Greg had an argument; I hope things are going better for you now. I get so stressed when we argue that I’ll often apologize first just to get it over with. Of course sometimes that makes it worse. I can’t stay angry for long though.

Cony Island and Nathan’s French Fries would be a fun outing this weekend. You’ll have to tell me about those fries though. Wyoming doesn’t offer such adventures.

I am usually fine with eating just a kid’s meal. I go through spells where I am really hungry then other day’s I’m not.

Calliecake, I definitely have had those moments when I look forward to some alone time but once Marty’s on the road I really miss him. He’s had 4 jobs since we got married and 3 of them required travel but his current job has had to most travel involved. Weekends are the worst for me. Does your husband travel a lot for work too? I am sorry to hear your mom doesn’t want to see a specialist. I hate to hear your dad is asking for money. That makes it hard on you and I know dealing with aging parents can be very challenging.

Ovi, this is a fun thread to see what everyone is doing. Glad to hear things went well with you sister. You certainly have your hands full with your dogs, I hope Sapphie is doing better and you find a crate that momma dog likes being in when you are gone. I’m with you – I need to quit shopping; however as you said I tend to shop more when Marty’s gone. There was an orange wild must spray by Love a long time ago. I loved that scent. I hate to hear your husband has to work so much and is unhappy about it. Vienna sounds like a wonderful place.

I tracked my earring package about 9:30 this morning and it was already waiting for me at FedEx but I restrained myself from going to lunch right then. I did leave a little after 11 though. I picked up my earrings and took 2 pictures in my car. I didn't put them on then because I learned my lesson a long time ago - earrings should never be put on or taken off in a car. BAD IDEA!

Then I stopped at KMart to buy some toys for a local toy run tomorrow. I got an little pose-able Olaf, a Frozen coloring packet, a Barbie (then bought 3 outfits from my sister's doll clothes bin), a LEGO Star Wars Lego kit and 2 Cars cars. That should appeal to a variety of kids. I had fun shopping for it too.

I finally put on my earrings at my desk then ran to the bathroom to see them and there was someone in there already. I casually wandered around until I had the mirror to myself. They look huge even though they are .05 more in carat weight than my old pair. Funny thing was side by side you don't notice a size difference. The posts and backs are significant so my ears noticed them at first but I don't feel them right now. I wonder if wearing them daily (which I will) will stretch my ear holes more open? The backs are tight enough they work a little hard but I am sure they'll get better. I took them off and compared them to my other earrings. I definitely notice the color difference. I think the other ones are GHI range. I wandered around the house with all sorts of different lighting and my ACA were livelier but the pair I'm selling my sister are still pretty close. I like the 8-prong settings and they don't droop on my ears at all. So far I'm a fan.

Have a great weekend.

Marcy

studs1a.jpg

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
Missy

Please please please tell me you researched Elidel cream.

I'm hoping I missed a previous post on it, but just in case -

Elidel has been known to cause skin cancer.

Just had a mini heart attack after reading that your derm agreed to it.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Marcy,

Wow, how exciting this must have been for you, congrats! I highly doubt that the earrings would stretch your earholes because my jeweler says one earring has to be over 2 grams to do that and studs are not that heavy, I think you just need to get used to them. I have very sensitive earlobes and they are tiny, I used to have infections going on all the time especially when I was a kid. Some of it had to do with metal allergies, wearing base metals but heavy earrings will do it too and my jeweler confirmed that to me. I have had no problem wearing my studs every day. I hope that you will enjoy them for a very long time to come!

Glad you got some nice toys, it feels good to do something for others. Well, the 18th is coming up pretty soon so you only have another ten days to shop more before Marty comes home.:))) If you do get some nice things, let us know. I get the feeling we keep enabling each other here.

Ah, you know sometimes we can all be unhappy with certain things in our lives at the moment, just the way things are, life is never perfect. The way I see it, everyone has their share of problems. Here we do vent but also hear a lot of fun things and progresses about each other's lives. I agree Marcy that sometimes time alone is nice, I especially prefer shopping alone and going to the beauty salon alone but as you said weekends are not so nice when spent alone, that is the hardest part I agree. Unfortunately, we do not always get to pick. Sometimes I go away for a couple of days too when I would be alone but it is hard because of my animal crew. Other times family comes to visit me. I adore my animals but they are certainly a lot of responsibility, I do not mind at all but it would of course be easier to just leave for a few days and not have to worry.

Vienna is indeed gorgeous and I so love the atmosphere and all that is happening there. I really hate fall and winter but this is the nicest season in Vienna with the most events happening and with the cold weather coming in the city has a mood like no other. This is definitely something I love about it and all the cultural events happening, shows, exhibitions, etc. This week we also had a really nice event organized by crime prevention, it was an evening that dealt with the statistics of and how to avoid theft. The lady who leads this team and gave the presentation was so very cool. Then the police department organized a very nice dinner and coctail party after the presentation, it was fun and very useful at the same time. This upcoming week there will be Diamond Vienna and also this antique show, so a lot going on. The only problem is that I live an hour away from the city, well only 5 kms from the closest city but out in nature. As I have always been a city girl, it takes getting used to for me. I love it and the area here is very beautiful next to the lake and this way I get the best of all wolds, nature, culture, big city, Hungary and Austria but commuting can be a bit tiring.

Hope to talk to you all soon.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kelinas said:
Missy

Please please please tell me you researched Elidel cream.

I'm hoping I missed a previous post on it, but just in case -

Elidel has been known to cause skin cancer.

Just had a mini heart attack after reading that your derm agreed to it.

Hi Kelinas, thanks for the warning. I knew of some vague concerns about this drug from many years ago when it was first introduced but didn't realize it was a valid concern still. I am going to research it before I use it (I haven't filled it yet or used the samples he gave me) and appreciate your warning.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy|1415415973|3779555 said:
Hi Missy,

Yes I think we do have a lot in common. I am glad you think my teddy bears are fashionable. Marty says they dress like sissies.

I agree it is good to be away from your spouse sometimes. Sorry you and Greg had an argument; I hope things are going better for you now. I get so stressed when we argue that I’ll often apologize first just to get it over with. Of course sometimes that makes it worse. I can’t stay angry for long though.

Cony Island and Nathan’s French Fries would be a fun outing this weekend. You’ll have to tell me about those fries though. Wyoming doesn’t offer such adventures.

I am usually fine with eating just a kid’s meal. I go through spells where I am really hungry then other day’s I’m not.

Calliecake, I definitely have had those moments when I look forward to some alone time but once Marty’s on the road I really miss him. He’s had 4 jobs since we got married and 3 of them required travel but his current job has had to most travel involved. Weekends are the worst for me. Does your husband travel a lot for work too? I am sorry to hear your mom doesn’t want to see a specialist. I hate to hear your dad is asking for money. That makes it hard on you and I know dealing with aging parents can be very challenging.

Ovi, this is a fun thread to see what everyone is doing. Glad to hear things went well with you sister. You certainly have your hands full with your dogs, I hope Sapphie is doing better and you find a crate that momma dog likes being in when you are gone. I’m with you – I need to quit shopping; however as you said I tend to shop more when Marty’s gone. There was an orange wild must spray by Love a long time ago. I loved that scent. I hate to hear your husband has to work so much and is unhappy about it. Vienna sounds like a wonderful place.

I tracked my earring package about 9:30 this morning and it was already waiting for me at FedEx but I restrained myself from going to lunch right then. I did leave a little after 11 though. I picked up my earrings and took 2 pictures in my car. I didn't put them on then because I learned my lesson a long time ago - earrings should never be put on or taken off in a car. BAD IDEA!

Then I stopped at KMart to buy some toys for a local toy run tomorrow. I got an little pose-able Olaf, a Frozen coloring packet, a Barbie (then bought 3 outfits from my sister's doll clothes bin), a LEGO Star Wars Lego kit and 2 Cars cars. That should appeal to a variety of kids. I had fun shopping for it too.

I finally put on my earrings at my desk then ran to the bathroom to see them and there was someone in there already. I casually wandered around until I had the mirror to myself. They look huge even though they are .05 more in carat weight than my old pair. Funny thing was side by side you don't notice a size difference. The posts and backs are significant so my ears noticed them at first but I don't feel them right now. I wonder if wearing them daily (which I will) will stretch my ear holes more open? The backs are tight enough they work a little hard but I am sure they'll get better. I took them off and compared them to my other earrings. I definitely notice the color difference. I think the other ones are GHI range. I wandered around the house with all sorts of different lighting and my ACA were livelier but the pair I'm selling my sister are still pretty close. I like the 8-prong settings and they don't droop on my ears at all. So far I'm a fan.

Have a great weekend.

Marcy

OMG Marcy, your earrings are GORGEOUS. :love: Glad you didn't put them on in the car! I remember a thread a few years ago where the PSer dropped her diamond in the car and had to bring it to the car dealership to get the seats taken out. OMG my heart dropped till I realized there was a happy ending! No need to put any jewelry on in a moving vehicle no no no. Now we need earshots. :appl:

If you can I would recommend NOT sleeping in them. Even if they are lightweight sleeping in earrings can cause more wear and tear on your earlobes so I vote for you taking them off before bed.

Enjoy your beautiful earrings!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1415374827|3779164 said:
Hi Missy, I knew you had your boots on!!!!! I didn't tell you I tried a very similar pair on with my niece. I'm so short and my feet are a size 6 1/2. I looked like someone stepped on my head! I'm very short and looked like I had boats for feet. It really was quite comical. Hey, a girl has to know her limitations. I need heels! Don't ever take your height for granted.

My sister's leg swells from time to time. She said that also was a factor in not having the metal taken out. Her doctor told her the same thing regarding the swelling. I believe that also factored into her decision not to have the screws taken out. As I said earlier she hadn't mentioned anything about having the plates removed. Just the screws that she can feel. She can feel one of them when she runs her hand over her ankle. She isn't thin so it wouldn't surprise me if you could feel yours.

I'm sorry you had an argument with Greg last night. Are you feeling better today or are you still mad? You are right about sometimes husbands traveling isn't such a bad thing. I've had days where I've thought "when Is your next trip?". Haha. But as I'm sure Marcy will tell you, more often than not it gets pretty lonely being by yourself all the time.

My mom is refusing to see a lung specialist and is going to her GP doctor. Her oxygen levels were really bad when she was in the hospital. My husband talked to her on Sunday and was trying to get it thru her head that if something is wrong you see a specialist and not the doctor who gives you the flu shot. Now she is telling me her GP wants to run more tests. I wonder why this doctor isn't sending her to a specialist. He told her she needs to be on oxygen for the rest of her life, I think common sense would tell you it's time to see the pulmonary doctor. It's always something. Last week it was that her 80 year old husband, who passes out often, was fine to handle their snow removal. She wasnt going to pay someone to shovel their snow. Of course it's always fine for me to pay for it. I'm just starting to feel taken advantage of by my whole family. My dad called this week and said they didn't plan for their retirement correctly and now he needs money. His wife had been supporting her 46 yr old daughter and the daughter's 25 year old son (who has 4 kids that he doesn't support) forever. They still live with dad and he pays for their car insurance, car repairs, gas, food, you name it since they don't work most of the time. I only see my dad about once every 8 years, but talk to him on the phone often. He moved out of state when I was seventeen and never looked back. For years he only called if they needed money. At least that has changed. I basically don't know his wife and her family, which is really fine with me. I think part of what bothers me is he felt it was fine to have me emancipated at 17. I told my husband last night that I was having the "Bank of xxx" sign installed in our front yard next week! I'm sorry for the rant Missy. I'll feel terrible later for getting this off my chest.

Marcy, I'm sorry your husband has been traveling so much lately. I know it can wear on you.

OVinzce, I hope all is well with you!

Hi Callie, I am sorry you are dealing with all of this stuff with your family. One, I hope your mom's physician/gp can convince her to go to a pulmonologist. Any way you guys can speak with him and share your concerns so he is on the same page? Not sure what he is thinking but perhaps if you and your dh speak with him he will do the right thing.

Second, I know it's not my business but I would not fund your father's life. He is taking care of too many adults who are able bodied and let them take care of him IMO. I hate when people take advantage of others and this is him taking advantage of your warm and generous heart and good nature. I don't like this at all and remember you have your own future to fund for...all the financial experts say you must fund your retirement first.

Never feel badly about venting here. Remember I want this thread to be a safe place for everyone here to be able to speak freely and vent so we can feel better. (((Hugs))).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results