shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sunstorm, here is a WG and RG band I picked up.

Do you have any new pieces to share?

Marcy

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1477974816.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arrived safely. Even more beautiful here than I remember. So happy.
Great news about the kitties. Hi Blue Shift!
Love to all!
& more later.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good and happy Tuesday morning to you all :wavey:

Was planning on being fake positive today - too much to do at work.. But with the wonderful news about the kitties, I might go for a real positive attitude instead :) :lol:

Jimmianne, so glad you have arrived safely and to hear from you.

Missy, hope you have had a good night sleep!

Marcy, we didn't have any children stop buy us, guess our house is a bit rural, lol. Fantastic pictures!! :love:

Blueshift, you are just wonderful! I know Missy will tell you if you don't read all the posts.

Rainwood, you are always wise and kind.

Kristie :bigsmile:

Sunstorm, yes bling pics please :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!!! I shard everything you wrote with blueshift thank you!
Scandi, glad your spirits were lifted by the good news. Mine too! Hugs.

Marcy, glad you're feeling better and now I hope you soon have no more coughing? Love all your bling and all the pics. Thanks for sharing!

Rainwood, you couldn't have known. I still haven't shared details. I'm still too upset. Susie never should have taken J and the kitties home with her. I feel she had an ulterior motive and I think J is not getting good care and In fact I have a heartbreaking story to share but not now as I am just too upset. I will keep everyone posted re the kitties. Fingers crossed they recover fully and are reunited with Theo. :pray:

Jimmianne, thank you for letting us know you have arrived safely! Enjoy!

Callie and I had a wonderful visit and the time just flew by. 5 days and nights poof gone like that. We saw tons of bling, enjoyed delicious food and well it couldn't have been better. Plus we met Junie as you know and that was so nice too. I feel like we are lifelong friends and am forever grateful for the deep friendships and connections I have made from pricescope.

Please forgive me for being brief this AM but I've been busy all morning and I didn't want not to at least post a good morning and share some photos. I'm doing it on the go from my iPad so it won't be as organized as from my laptop but at least I'll be sharing the pics. Callie gave permission to use her hands as a model. I didn't get to ask junie yet but junie if you see this I sent you the pics so if you're ok with sharing please do or let me know. Anyway here are some of the bling and other pics.

My hand is the one that is huge and has no nail polish. Callie is the one with the delicate gorgeous hands with the red polish. :love:

First pic are these TDF earrings from Grace. We split it haha and I'm wearing one and Callie is wearing one. It works no? :cheeky:

The double OEC bypass omg amazing. Sigh. Why oh why are our bling funds limited. 8)

img_13299.jpg

img_13300.jpg

img_13301.jpg

img_13302.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Look at how huge Bea looks on Callie! Then Bea on me and then compared to Graces amazing OEC and halo. :love: Bea is a little baby compared to that ring.

img_13303.jpg

img_13304.jpg

img_13305.jpg

img_13306.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The profile of Grace's ring is OMG gorgeous. :love:

And I took my Cartier black opal to play with Callie and Bea but she needed to be warmed up for her true beauty to show through as I had her in the cold safe. So she isn't at her best here but thought you would enjoy seeing her anyway.

And last photo here is a sweet 3 stone ring from grace that our lovely Callie is modeling.

img_13307.jpg

img_13309.jpg

img_13310.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our last evening together was a pizza night in Brooklyn and it happened to be Halloween too. Our sweet waiter was more than happy for us to share his photo here with PSers. Isn't he adorable? He was a Viking but when he first introduced himself at our table he said guess who I am and I said Thor. And he loved that so much he went to get a hammer for his now "Thor" costume to be complete. :lol:

And they were so nice at the restaurant the chef gave us dessert on him. And of course we had to enjoy limoncello while enjoying the food.

Have a great day girls! :wavey: (((Hugs))).

img_13311.jpg

img_13312.jpg

thor.jpg

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, thank you so much for the pictures! Made my day :love: Bea is special, so I don't think you want to trade her in.. so I have the perfect idea: The other one as a Christmas gift for me... ? It really is spectacular! Now I want a similar halo on mine.. Too bad DH doesn't like halos.. He really does not understand about how diamonds shrink... :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol Scandi, tell you want. Since we're exchanging holiday gifts how about you get me Grace's OEC ring and I'll get you something else? :cheeky:

I mean, don't you think Bea looks perfect with the Grace OEC ring? :halo:

beaandgraceoecring.jpg

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sure honey! I would like a 20 carat yellow teardrop one for a nice necklace.. :appl:

They look like sisters :love: :love: :love: But perhaps a bit much on one hand..? :cheeky:

EDIT: anyone else want anything whilst I'm out shopping?

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rainy, my "bad peeps" rant had nothing to do with your post, it was the last straw for me to hear that food/water/litter box were being withheld to the point of causing illness.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Look. At. That. HALO'D ROCK!

Bling ****, food ****, manicure ****, and fun waiter!! Thank you for sharing!!!

You guys had FUN!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :lol: :D :sun:

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Oh wow, wow, wow, bling **** at its best!!! :love:

But you will be happy Missy, I still love your Bea the best. I am a huge fan of hers.

Ok I have to admit that I used to be a huge halo fan, not so much anymore, how we change, I have never been a fan of clusters and that ring is more of a cluster but then that is probably one of the few clusters that made my heart not only beat faster but almost stop. Love the profiles of both rings. Love the three stone. The bypass, well, the setting I am not crazy about and fortunately not a fan of opals.

Ok since I know your love for clusters I see your next upgrade in the future. :bigsmile: I have to say some serious wow bling.

About the poor kitties, thanks everyone for the updates! You are right Missy that I am most likely missing most of the story. When I was last online I saw she was your friend, so of course I thought she was a nice person! Also, I wonder how much she must have been in denial and depressed after that diagnosis. One of my best friends recently passed and he completely denied cancer even though his came back with a vengeance and there was nothing to do. I have no idea what went down here and with her sister but I also do not want to make it painful for you by having to repeat it. Looking forward to talking to you.

I came down with something, hence the short post and going into hiding. Either it is virus season, or it is something else, have been feverish but today it hit full power, even with meds I could not bring it down. Going back to my den.

Hope you girls have a great day, hi Scandi, Kristie, Marcy girl thanks for the updates and missed ya, Jimmianne so happy for you, one day I will have a GTG with you if we can plan our next visit to Paris around the same time, I hope so. Last time we barely missed each other and I am planning another visit for next year. :wavey: Hugs to all.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sunstorm, I'm sorry you are sick. :((

As for this situation I have never met Susie until this summer when she came to see J. And Susie is not and was never my friend.
J used to be my next door neighbor and we were friendly and I would watch her kitties when she went away. And J was not a bad person.

It is Susie who is the sociopath and a horrible person.
The J I knew loved all animals and was an advocate for people as well. She was always taking up causes and she was a decent human being. This disease took over her brain and her mind. Should she have provided for her cats knowing this was going to be the inevitable conclusion? Sure but that does not rise to the level of Susie's egregious behavior.

Thank you for the Bea love. :love:

I hope you are feeling better very soon Sunstorm!

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Missy, I guess what I have no clue about is what Susie did but it sounds horrendous.

As to J, it is just so very bad. I know that some people dealing with cancer act as I said above but unfortunately you are right, brain tumors can alter behavior too depending on where they are located. I cannot help but feel extremely sorry for her too. I am sure that based on what you said she loved her furbabies. Let´s all hope for a positive outcome. I am hopeful personally because now they are in the best hands. It must be so hard on them, for their souls too to endure this. It reminds me of the suffering that horrible sitter inflicted on my furbabies, especially my girl. It literally broke my heart. To us with ho human kids, our furbabies are our babies and to some who have kids too I know. I tell you that if someone causes me harm, I take that easier but inflicting pain emotionally and physically on my fur babies can bring the worst tiger out of me. Same goes true of course for those human beings I love and care about.

I hope I get to talk to you soon, feel free to write me privately too.

Hugs to all.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Jimmianne, I am so glad you arrived safely and thank you for letting us know. Hopefully you can keep in touch with us because I’d love to hear your stories, see your pictures and see how your house is coming along.

Scandi, okay I have to admit I like “being fake positive today”. That is perfect.

Missy, I have to enjoy my bling pictures since I can’t afford to buy anything new sapphires for a while. Your pictures are fabulous! I love all the jewelry you ladies tried on. The Viking costume is great.

Hi Kristie!

Sunstorm, Missy definitely posted some bling ****. Feel better soon!

Marty is trying to sell his weight machine and asking $2000 for it (it retails for $4500) and some guy offered him $1250. Marty said no. He called an installer to see how much it would cost to move it and they said $500. I hope he sells it so I can put it down on his free weights he has on the way. I told him to use a credit card (oh no!) since I am trying to save for plates and taxes on my car. Which of course is why I want a new Mac. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I found out today my 2 least ambitious / productive employees hadn't done their work for the 4th, 5th and 6th which we check tomorrow. I am fed up with them. I spent about 6 hours of my day entering stuff for them and 2 other team members had to jump in and do their work. The beauty of team work - why should I do my work when someone else will take care of it for me. :wall:

It looks like rain out there. Oh no - winter might be coming our way. Boo.

Have a great evening.
Marcy

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Missy, first off thanks for the bling-a-palooza. I don't know which I envy more - those big rocks or those lovely long fingers all of you have! And Bea still looks the loveliest of all - even that big Grace halo can't compare. And love the joint earring shot. Looks lovely. And so does that Marguerita pizza. Pizza is one of the things I really miss on a GF diet and I love that they use scissors. Way easier as long as there aren't many toppings. I'm glad the NIRDI mini-GTG was so much fun!

I'm sorry to hear that Susie (why did I think it was Patty? - I am terrible with names) is such a messed-up person. It sounds like Zeke and Yoshi will recover. And I'm sorry if J ends up suffering from her decision to go back to Montana, but it was her decision to do that and there isn't anything you can do. I know it's hard, but I had to do that with my mom. I thought she should have some outside care and therapy once she was diagnosed with Alzheimer's, but I couldn't convince her husband that it would be best for both of them if she sometimes went to a senior day program for people in her situation, and later for them to go into assisted living. He thought it was his job to care for her and that I was criticizing the job he was doing. And actually I was, but felt I had a duty to my mom. All my efforts only made him mad and my mother upset. I had to come to terms with the fact that when she married him (many years before the diagnosis and she had all her wits about her), she gave him the right to decide on her welfare and I had to let it go. One of the hardest things ever. You'll need to do the same with J. As you said, she's a good person, but she made a decision about her care and there isn't anything else to be done.

I actually don't criticize J for not providing for her cats after she was diagnosed. It's easier to do that in the abstract when everything is okay, but can be very hard to face once you've been diagnosed with something bad and it could become reality. I've seen that struggle up close (won't go into details here), but have only sympathy. It sounds like J did the best she could, and that's all you can ask of a person.

Jimmianne, so glad you made it safely and have fallen in love with your village all over again. Sounds perfect.

Marcy, loved your jewelry panorama as well. So lovely!! Hope you start to feel okay soon so you can give your slacking employees the what for! It's maddening that there aren't serious consequences!!

And that sounds like quite the turnout for Halloween. I made it to 8:15 this year before running out so probably had about 85. Last year was crazy and I ran out of candy by 7:15. So I try to buy enough that the younger kids come by, but I miss the teenagers who don't even dress up and come in big packs of 8 or 10 people. Our local businesses sponsor a trick or treat event from 3:30 to 5:30 in our little business district when it's still light out. Most of the youngest kids go to that and only the small kids who live very close by now come to the door. And I love the little kids the most, but I understand how it's easier and safer for little ones to stay where it's flat and light and dry. It was raining this year - like it does most years. It was easier this year without my sweet pup making a barking dash to the door every time someone came by. I didn't miss that at all!

Junie, glad you had a good visit to NYC! Sounds like such fun.

Scandi, sorry work is so busy, but it sounds like winter is heading your way maybe? When does ski season start over there?

Kristie, not too worry. I figure you had more inside info about the situation than I did, and you did!

Sunstorm, hope you feel better.

I think it's time for a few more photos from Norway. Maybe it will make everyone feel better.

Here's the lovely (but rainy) port city of Bergen:

The interesting thing about this next photo is that two of the buildings in the center are undergoing restoration, but they put up fabric to make them look like they usually do. If you look closely at the red and tan buildings in the center, you'll see they look a little different.

And this is a shot of the city from a viewpoint reached by a funicular:

I'll add a few others in the next post.

_38532.jpg

dsc02794.jpg

dsc02802.jpg

_38533.jpg

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just to show Bergen isn't only about the sea:

And I've seen giant chess sets before, but never one of these:

And this is the gardening department up at the funicular. My caption for it is "Hey, you forgot your collar!"

And I love this shot because of the four-footed sailor ready to go home. Looks like they were headed back to Stockholm which is a long trip. I hope they planned some potty stops along the way!

dsc02639.jpg

dsc02634.jpg

_38534.jpg

dsc02661.jpg

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls :wavey:

Marcy, glad you like my fake positive attitude, I'm repeating it today :lol: Your bling is fantastic! And you already have the biggest blue sapphire of them all ;-) :) Maybe you can use the weight machine for leverage at work... ? LOL. You are too kind to those employees of yours, they don't deserve you.

Missy, re J. I think that the prospect of facing death must be very difficult, even more so when you basically are doing it alone. And she did make a plan for her kitties when she was thinking straight. She asked you to handle it. I think that was one of her last rational decisions. Not fair, not at all. But wise, none the less. Because you have done a fantastic job !! No cat could have asked for a better fairy god mother! I hope this ends well and that both you and J can have peace with it. Her sister - try not to think about her. There are a lot of horrible and self centred people in the world, she just happens to be one of them..

Jimmianne, you have a house in France :appl: and you are there :appl:

Rainwood, love your pictures. So much fun that it was raining in Bergen. The city is know for raining, lol.

Kristie, I love your comments, but you know that already :halo: Please call J's sister and tell her too... :lol:

Sunstorm, how are you feeling? Any better today?

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Forgot to tell you about winter and when the snow and skiing starts :) Usually in early December down here, but a lot of fake snow before Christmas. In the mountains - sooooooooon :)

Please remember that I LOVE SNOW :appl: So I can hardly wait :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Rainwood, wow that's a lot of trick or treaters! We rarely get any here these days. Growing up where I did we used to have many Halloween trick or treaters (heck I was one of them in those good old days) but here in the more urban environment not as much. MY building has a sign up sheet so all the kids here know which apartments are participating. This year we didn't because we were out but even when we do sign up we are left with so much candy at the end. I see you don't have that problem LOL.

As for J you're right. She did the best she could I guess. It's just I am disappointed that was the best she could do to provide for her kitties but what is done is done. And I do feel just terrible for everything she is going through because she deserves a better end. Our mutual friend was face timing her last week and J had a moment of clarity and said I want to go home to Brooklyn. Please get me home. Susie was in the background and yelled at J. ;( No common sense at all. Our friend calmed her down and said OK I will talk to our friends and make the plans and then motioned to Susie to call her back and then gave it to her for yelling at J and telling her no. Of course J cannot come home now but that is not what you tell her and yell at her no less. Her moment of clarity lasted but a moment so humor and placate her for that moment yanno? You don't have to be a genius to know that. :nono: Then there were all the lies about the cats and their mistreatment which she continues to lie about and deny. :cry:

I am so sorry you went through something like this with your mother and I can only imagine how heart and gut wrenching that was. Why do we suffer so at the end? Why is life so cruel and unforgiving? It is so hard to bear the suffering all around us. People, animals. Never ending. I guess the wisdom of enjoying the moment, living in the here and now and just being content with the good is key to appreciating life as it is. I am sorry because I know how much devastating loss you have dealt with in these past years and I know this had to bring up some very sad memories. (((HUGS))).

I love the latest photos. How clever of them to put up fabric to make the buildings that are undergoing restoration look just like the others. And wow what scenery and homes. Picturesque is the perfect description. Idyllic and beautiful and you are right. It puts me in a better mood and thank you for sharing.

Marcy, oh no your employee saga continues. I am sorry they are less than diligent and not pulling their weight. I'm glad you enjoyed the bling ****. Hope Marty sells his weight machine to make room for what you really want in that space. Have you decided which Mac you are getting? And how are you feeling today? I hope that cough of yours is all gone.

Scandi, I used to love the snow but here it gets filthy within a few hours and is not as pretty. Though at the beach it stays more lovely longer. If only it wasn't so darn cold when it snowed I would enjoy it more. :lol: I hope your fake happy becomes real happy very soon and to that end I am giving you happy ((((hugs)))). :halo:

Sunstorm, how are you feeling today? Thinking of you and hoping you are improving.

Jimmianne, hope you are enjoying your French Chateau.

Junie, how is the estate business going? How are you doing? Hoping your week is going well and sending lots of good thoughts and hugs your way.

Sharing some Halloween pics self explanatory I think. I forget which NIRDI asked about the candy but the answer is yes they got a lot. LOL. And lastly sharing the fix my dh had to come up with yesterday morning. My poor sweetheart had to go to the beach house at 6AM before he went to work to figure out how to fit another gravity feeder in the feeding station without the raccoons getting to it with their little paws and destroying it. The feral kitties are going through 26 lbs of food every few days now and that is not sustainable. Hoping that the extra feeder which now provides a total of 39lbs of food will hold them through the week now. I am not sure how we are going to manage this if this doesn't hold them till we get back every weekend. Going back to refill every few days is just not sustainable long term until we actually move there full time. If we move there full time that is.

Have a good Wednesday girls. Today is my Monday and for some reason I have butterflies today... :wavey:

cowgal2016.jpg

trickortreating2016.jpg

reapingtherewardshalloween2016.jpg

feedingstation39lbsfood.jpg

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, both Greg and the feeding station are awesome!!

Forgot to tell you girls: We are attending this big dinner on Saturday, work related. Dress code: "nice" (somewhat freely translated). Ehhh... that is not a dress code! So what to wear?? Please help.. (Last time with the same people, the dress code was "dark suit", so guess this is a tad bit more informal.. but it is still a dinner party with approximately 100 guests..)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Scandi. I will tell Greg you said so. :wavey:

As for your work party I would dress smart cocktail for a Saturday evening. Something b/w work attire and black tie as in cocktail dress. It seems open to interpretation so I don't think you can go wrong and for me I prefer more dressy over more casual. Have fun with it and wear something that makes you feel good!

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Missy, I love that feeding station wow! Do you still have kitties out there to provide for? I also loved seeing your nieces.

Rainwood I loved your photos as well, such atmosphere, were these vacation pix? Sorry I realize I must be asking stupid questions since I was not here for a while.

Sometimes pix speak a thousand words. I almost missed your pix Marcy! Sometimes this thread moves so fast that you easily miss pix and posts. So glad I found them. I love your new band. Also yummy those sapphires of yours, beautiful ring but all are gorgeous. The EC well I have a recent love for step cuts, I used to dislike ECs but now I have fallen for emeralds and baguettes when beautifully cut and love them shanked by small simpler cut baguettes or traps. This is one of my momentary loves but I stopped counting how many I have and how often they change. I am really promiscuous when it comes to bling and my bling love affairs change quite frequently :bigsmile:

Then there are the big loves which always remain are faves. I have those and your Bea is like that Missy.

I hope the kitty situation is improving, it breaks my heart to read each and every part of this story.

I also hope that everyone is fine now. Me, I am just struggling with my chronic almost one year saga which culminated in surgery over the summer but fear it is now time to go back for another. I am just so tired of it like out of energy at times, I really want it to be over.

Otherwise I am in happy and cheerful spirits now and that is what matters, loving my making bling, bling, bling, among others, loving my kitties and life.

:wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Rainwood, glad you like my panorama of jewelry. I am definitely going to let my employees know they do it again and I am writing them up plus I am going to stay on top of where they are on their work. They obviously aren’t motivated enough to do it on their own. You had quit a crowd of trick or treaters as well. The little kids are always so cute. I don’t feel bad shutting off my lights once the older kids start coming. We were getting drive-bys too. Marty said the cars were lined up in the street. Fabulous pictures. I love the giant scrabble board.

Scandi, I am going to adapt a fake positive attitude. It will give me something to smile to myself about and no one will know why. Thanks for the compliments on my jewelry. I always want more. I think I am way too soft on my employees but I am sure they think I am bosszilla. That snow is coming. Ooh for a “nice” dinner party this weekend.

Missy, I am feeling better today. I woke up about 3:30 and couldn’t go back to sleep but hopefully tonight will be better. Your nieces look great. Greg is a sweetheart running to the beach house to “fix” it to keep out the raccoons and restock the food. You have a keeper there for sure. I have not decided on a new Mac yet. Still thinking about it.

Sunstorm, I am glad you like EC or step cuts now. That was honestly the first shape I liked then I migrated to ovals, marquis, heart shaped, then round and now I am back to EC. They can sure shoot out a lot of fire! Glad to hear you are loving your life. I hope you feel better soon.

I am watching a new NOVA on Gems. It’s got a lot of info about diamonds. Cool!

I had another busy day at work which naturally made the day fly by. I swear I need to quit eating my lunch at my desk - I never get any peace.

Have a fabulous evening and day tomorrow.
Marcy

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Missy, Greg is such a wonderful person and so dedicated to the ferals. I might have missed something, but is it raccoons that are the problem or more cats than there used to be? And there comes a point where there would be so many feeders, there'd be no room for cats inside! I'm sorry to hear that J is not in a great place, but she probably didn't have a lot of good alternatives. So sad, but a lesson to all of us that we need to plan for what we want to have happen, no matter how hard it would be. Easier said than done though.

Scandi, I hope you get early snow and ski season since you love it. And I agree with Missy on what to wear to Saturday's dinner. You can't go wrong with a nice cocktail dress.

Marcy, it's a shame you have to monitor adult employees like they were little kids to make sure they get their work done. It's nuts. And we used to get as many as 250 trick or treaters when we first moved here. It was before the business district starting hosting an event in the afternoon. We have a flat street in a hilly part of town so lots of parents actually would bring their kids to our street which I can understand. And it can vary so much. Last year, the business district did their event the day before because Halloween fell on a Sunday so I had a lot more kids and ran out of candy so early. And the years it happens on Saturday, lots of kids go to parties so the numbers go down. And I really am trying not to have leftover candy so I'd rather underbuy than overbuy. It's just hard to hit on the right number. My neighbor said they had 187 so I'm glad I turned out the lights. That's crazy!!

Sunstorm, sorry it's been a tough year. I know the feeling. I feel like I'm seeing the light at the end of what has been a very long tunnel. Glad you're starting to see that light too. We'll be in the sunshine soon.

I just came home from a fun event. My old law firm has an alumni reception every year that includes both lawyers like me who've left and those still with the firm. It is so great to see my former colleagues. I left 15 years ago, and was so happy to leave for a variety of reasons, but have always missed all the wonderful and interesting people who were my law partners. And I can't figure out how they got so old when I'm sure I haven't aged a day - at least in my head!

Hi to everyone else! I'll do a few more Bergen photos tomorrow.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning beauties :wavey:

It is such a wonderful day here today. Cold and clear and sunny. Should have taken the day off.. but still nice, even through the window :)

Nothing exiting here today either, just work. Thank you for the advice re cocktail dress - I agree - that can not possibly be wrong :) Think I might go for a dark green lacy one that I bought last year but never got around to using. It has long sleeves but is a little short, so that should be safe either way, as it is neither nor, if you know what I mean :lol: And the colour is really nice, kind of dark emerald green. It looks a little bit like the Diane von Furstenberg lace dresses if you know them, just a different brand. Wish the dress code had been galla - when will I ever get to dress up properly?? LOL Speaking of which - we are throwing a big party before Christmas next year when the house is picture perfect finished - so please make a note in your calendars :bigsmile:

Missy, Greg really is a keeper. I love that he is doing so much for these kitties - or is it for you..? ;-) :halo: Either way, he is really fantastic! It hurts to hear about J, but I guess that is life. You know what they say - life is a bi**h and then you die. I don't really believe that, but I guess there is only one end. And unfortunately, hers is now. Must be very hard for her. But she made her choices, and must live with them, as we all do. I think she will die in peace knowing her kitties are safe and well cared for. I hope her sister will at least tell her that "they are safe and happy, Missy has taken care of everything for you" in one of her moments of clarity. I do think she loves J somewhere deep down, they are sisters after all. Lets hope so at least. I'm very sorry this has been so hard on you, but I hope you are sleeping better now that a good solution is at the other end of that famous tunnel.

Gypsy, how is your tunnel/hallway these days? Please feel free to tell us if you like, you don't have to respond to any of your ramblings if you stop by, just write whatever you feel like. Or don't. :)

Marcy, yes, a fake positive can do wonders. Plus is kind of fun. It drives people mad and they can't be mad at happy cheerful positive me :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sunstorm, glad you are happy but hope you will fell better soon too :)

Rainwood, that work event sounds nice :) Always good to see old friends/colleagues again :) Off course you have not aged! That would imply that we age also, and I can assure you that I do not !!! :bigsmile:

Jimmianne, we missy you, hope you are having a fantastic time!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Rainwood, you did not miss anything and you got it right. Either there are more cats than we know about who are eating at our feeding station (last we figured out was 11 or 12) and most of them come out at night so we cannot make out who is who often with the grainy b&w photos. Or they are just eating more because the winter is coming. The raccoons are not that much of an issue. Most of them cannot fit through the 2 openings Greg made for the kitties but some of them can however they are the smaller raccoons. The possums can fit through for the most part as some of them are smaller than the kitties but they don't eat as much as the raccoons eat.

Wow hundreds of trick or treaters. That is more than we ever had even in the old days when I was a kid. I bet in those days you were up answering the door more than you were sitting down.

I'm glad you enjoyed your alumni reception last night. That's nice they continue to hold that and nice that you continue to attend. And yes I hear you on what the heck happened. Everyone got so old but we stayed the same. :lol: I do realize why our vision gets worse as we get older. It is a form of self protection for sure. If I was able to see myself well up close I might have a heart attack. :oops: So my blurry fuzzy up close vision is probably a good thing as it softens the details that I just don't want to see. :lol:

Looking forward to more Bergen photos. Thank you for sharing your travel adventures with us. It does make me feel in a way that I am there and I am really enjoying them.

Sunstorm, I am sorry we have not been in touch for so long. What (if you feel like sharing) was the surgery you had this summer and how are you doing? To answer your question yes we are still caring for the ferals on our beach property and the number has grown. We have spayed 7 and neutered 1 but still have at least 3 or 4 (that we know of) that need to be spayed/neutered but we just weren't able to trap them this past spring/summer/autumn and now TNRing is done till next spring. We are just doing the best we can in this situation and I am making peace with that fact. I am glad things are improving for you after what you wrote was a very tough year and I am sending good thoughts your way.

Marcy, I am glad you are feeling almost all better though I am sorry you woke at 330AM you are right. Tonight will be a better night. Today eat lunch somewhere peaceful away from your desk. It will be healthier for you. We don't get a lunch break per se so I am always eating on the run b/w patients and it is not civilized. Don't do what I do and enjoy your lunch break and don't let work interfere while you are taking that break OK? The NOVA program you were watching last night sounds good. Anything with diamonds sounds good. I am sad I cannot buy that ring I have fallen in love with. I am a spoiled brat to even want to buy that ring but I cannot stop thinking about it. I am smitten and bitten by the bling bug and all I can see is that ring on my hand. Sigh. We watched a scary movie last night that started off well but near the middle I lost interest as it degraded into just another horror movie. Not scary at all and just too gory. Insidious 3. The first Insidious was good (I think because we saw it a long time ago) but the 2nd Insidious was not as good and this one nope. Oh well. It was worth a try. Greg liked it better than I did or else I would have said let's stop watching. It's OK when I became bored with it I was internet surfing. The only surfing I am skilled at. :lol:

Scandi, I'm with you. I should have taken today off. Not because it is beautiful here today because it is not and is supposed to rain heavily but because Greg had to wake me out of a dead sleep and I really was sleeping so heavily and could have used at least a few more hours. I still haven't caught up on my sleep but at least I am sleeping these nights so yay for that.

I love the description of that dark green dress you are thinking of wearing. If it is very short perhaps OTK boots would work well with it since the dress code is open and not overly formal? I just love boots with a dress and you can get away with a shorter dress if your boots are OTK IMO. But make sure the heel on the boots are not too high because for me that feels a bit racy if you kwim.

OK I am putting that date on our calendar. Just don't make it on the first night of Hanukah if you can help it. My mom would have a fit. LOL we are expected to spend a number of occasions with my family with Hanukah, Mother's Day, Father's Day, New Year's Eve being some of them. What will your dress code be? I am guessing black tie. :bigsmile:

Have a great Thursday girls. (((HUGS))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thought for the day. :halo:

img_13323.jpg

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nails done! I'm taking this event thing too seriously... but added some bling for you - my not very clean ring...

20161103_115848-1.jpg

20161103_120441-1.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results