shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey everyone, sorry I haven't had time to check in. I've had two graduations in two days. It's been super hectic. There's been drama with the kids and I haven't even been in the mood to think about it.

I hope everyone is doing well. I enjoy all the updates.
Missy, I hope every thing is ok with Greg. I can't believe all the work you are putting into the ferals. You're doing a great job. Those kitties are so cute. :D
Marcy, congrats on getting a new employee that actually works. :appl:
Scandinavian, thank you for sharing your pictures. It's hard to believe that people actually live in such a beautiful place.
Gypsy, good for you for getting some workouts in. I ran today, and it gave me the awesome idea to take both my kids to work with me today. It was a great time. I made them study, but they had fun anyway. I am so sorry that you have been trapped in this ridiculous debt situation. I can't think of any solution except maybe to have someone (a parent if it is possible) to take a loan out and so you can pay off all that debt at once and then pay off the other person. I don't even know if that is possible. You have been so strong to keep going and moving forward, even with such a heavy mental and emotional burden on you.
Rainwood, so happy you had a great time. Canada seems like a country that has amazing social programs. So close yet so far away.
Kristie, I've heard Victoria is stunning. Btw, when is the gem show near you? I would totally want to go...
June, thinking about you and hope you are doing ok.
Callie and Gypsy, I read your posts on the other thread. I have no words. I can barely stomach the thought of what you both have been through. You both have my utmost respect and admiration. What strong women you both are.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy low and behold (what an odd saying) Sprint got me back online!
Love love the growing kittens! Amazing the amount of kittie activity going on at your place. And Ann has really come through.
Rainwood the same conversations here; all the other guests are from UK this week so the vote there and them asking about Trump are key conversations
Marcy I ❤️ your band very much .

Haha
No Frenchman ... Yet, but perhaps almost as good ...a Nice Brit!
Alas he is married but that is OK for our relationship involves him assisting me as my real estate agent with buying a quirky little house I've fallen in love with :shock:

Will see if this posts and write more later then.
I have been keeping up with all the trials and joys on "as the nirdis turn" as best as possible with a tiny phone screen.
Hugs to you!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Late evening for me so will catch up tomorrow.

Missy, I am keeping Greg and you in my thoughts and crossing my fingers, toes and anything else I can cross that the biopsy comes back negative. Big hugs to both of you.

Marcy

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Much love to all. I am reading your posts. The other thread has left me a little raw and talked out. So, I'll respond tomorrow.

Missy, Greg is in my thoughts as well. Hoping for the best for you both.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1466051931|4044674 said:
Much love to all. I am reading your posts. The other thread has left me a little raw and talked out. So, I'll respond tomorrow.

Missy, Greg is in my thoughts as well. Hoping for the best for you both.

Gypsy ((((((huuuuuuuuugggg)))))))))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Thank you all for your good wishes for Greg. We really appreciate it. Finding out tomorrow or Monday and while I am nervous Greg is calm. And we will deal with it however we have to. Thank you so much for all your good thoughts and support.

I had something happen yesterday and I don't feel like talking about it in detail but I wrote a letter of resignation last night (2 sentences-this is my first ever letter of resignation so not sure how long they have to be) and am most likely going to hand it in today. I had a disagreement about an administrative issue via phone with the clinic chief when I got home last night. I called her when I got home and Greg was home and heard our conversation and he felt I was saying F* you with my tone though my words were fine. LOL I cannot hide my feelings so I guess it is lucky I never went into politics. :cheeky:

Anyway the phone conversation ended with us agreeing to meet tomorrow to see if we could work out our differences but you know that saying about small minds. That's what I am dealing with and I just am too tired to continue along this path. I love working there because I love my patients but there is more aggravation than I feel able to deal with at work these days and while I still want to work and feel useful at my chosen profession it is not worth it. I will see how it goes today at our meeting but I am being realistic and my gut is telling me it is time to part ways. The income loss isn't going to be devastating but it helped a bit with expenses but I cannot sacrifice my principles for money especially since we won't be out on the streets yanno? I mean I will do what I have to in order to have a roof over our heads and food etc but we are not in that situation. I knew at some point in the near future I would be handing in my resignation for a variety of reasons but I was hoping it wasn't going to be so soon. But some things are more important than money.

Someone here who is very wise pointed out to me that sometimes when we are stressed about another issue (Greg's health) it manifests itself in other ways i.e. me saying F you to the clinic chief with my one of voice never with my words I promise. :!: That is quite possible but if anything my true feelings are more easily expressed when I feel wronged and micromanaged at work etc. So let the chips fall where they may. I woke up at 2AM and could not fall back to sleep this morning and laid in bed for 3 hours before I got up to feed the kitties and make coffee. Onto you girls.

Scandinavian, thank you for all your good wishes for Greg. We are both thinking of you and hoping the log situation gets resolved very soon.

Junie, thank you. SO much on your plate and I appreciate your time and energy in sharing your good thoughts with Greg and me. I know in a few days your mom is moving to your home and I am thinking of you and your family and sending smooth transition vibes your way. (((HUGS))).

Jimmianne, yay so glad you got on for even a moment. So excited for you! NIRDI GTG in France. I will cruise on over. Just give me plenty of notice please. These cruise ships are so slow. :lol: Do you think your DD will be happy and excited if this goes through? Thinking good thoughts!

Marcy , thank you so much for your good thoughts for Greg and looking forward to hearing about your day yesterday. Hoping your NN behaved and that you had a better day than I did! (((HUGS))) back at ya.

LLJSmom, 2 graduations in 2 days. That's a lot. But all good and happy and congratulations to L and L. I know how proud you are of them and they are great kids! Hugs all around and tell them when we have the energy Greg and I will bake them a special delivery OK? I might be a few months late with that given all that is happening but it will happen.

Rainwood, I am so happy things are going well for you and I continue to send good thoughts your way. That's a good idea and I will run it past Greg when the dust settles here. The problem is trapping the cats we have not yet trapped right now as we have taken care of most of the raccoon problem where knock wood it is not a problem anymore and the possums don't eat enough food to deplete the supply. So right now it is trapping who we have not already trapped and neutering/spaying vaccinating them that is the issue. After my breakdown with Ann yesterday she replied we should just continue and do the best we can. LOL I know that but why cannot internalize that enough to be at peace? Even with everything else going on it remains paramount in my thoughts. Greg first of course but then the kitties. Work bull* is a distant contender and perhaps that is why I let my tone out last night with the clinic chief. I know she was surprised because I am always so respectful and calm and nice but I just couldn't contain my annoyance anymore. It was the straw that broke that poor camel's back.

Gypsy, I just want you to know I am keeping you in my thoughts and I am so very sorry for all you have been through. Words have never been my strong point and now more than ever they fail me when I think of what you have been through. I just want you to know how much I admire and respect you. As always I am here for you however I can be and however you want me to be. Even if that is just to listen. (((HUGS))). And thank you so much for keeping Greg in your thoughts. So appreciate you thinking of him that given all that you are dealing with in your life.

I haven't had the energy to respond to most of the contentious PS threads in the last week. There have been threads I cannot even read or when I start reading them I cannot stomach them so have to stop. I am so sorry and don't want to let anyone down but when I have the energy I will post if I can. You are all in my thoughts.

Callie, more (((HUGS))).

CJ, thank you honey.

Sharon, thank you for the good wishes for Greg. Much appreciated. Sorry I couldn't dive into that thread last night. I cannot even read it through.
And given Sharon's info does this mean I also have to cross Victoria off the list. Darn! Kristie I am sorry I steered you wrong there. I haven't been there for 20 years and I guess I should have checked up on the situation before I went on about it to you the other day. A girl can dream though can't she. Sigh. Stuck here forever I guess. Hey I will be OK wherever we are as long as my sweet dh is with me and as long as the NIRDIs are on my side. (((HUGS))).

I am nervous about today because unfortunately I wear my emotions on my face (darn you rosacea :oops: ) so it is going to be a challenging meeting today. I don't even know what time because she never responded when I emailed her after our phone call about the timing. C'est la vie. And I cannot stop thinking of that poor little boy who was killed by the alligator and his devastated family. Just too much for any parent to have to bear. Heartbreaking cannot begin to describe it. :cry: :cry: :cry:

I hope everyone has a good day and sending good thoughts and hugs your way. :wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy that is huge news about your resignation letter!
And I hope and feel very positive about Greg and will have you both in my thoughts this week.
A lot going on for you!

Well I just found out I got the house.
How in the world did it happen this fast?! It would seem that intentions are powerful.
A nirdi cruise sounds terrific!

Hugs

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy just a quick pop in to wish you luck during your meeting today. I hope you're able to speak just like you want to and express yourself just like you want to and that you're able to keep a calm and clear mind through it all.

Good morning everyone! :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Huge congrats dear Jimmianne!
Thank you CJ.

Unfortunately the clinic chief called out sick today. :shock: Can you believe it? She put off our discussion when I called her yesterday when I got home saying we will meet today and discuss the issues upsetting me. And now she calls out sick. I don't even know how to deal with this. So unprofessional IMO not to even respond to my email after our discussion yesterday.

I just emailed her and Greg told me not to expect a response. So disappointed. I am running on adrenalin expecting we would have our discussion today and I have my letter of resignation to go in case the discussion went south and she doesn't show up to work today. The clinic chief. :wall: :blackeye:

I am so glad you have happy news to share Jimmianne. You have brightened my day. :halo: :appl:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone - will check in later but wanted to touch base with missy -

Missy, thinking of you today, so sorry to hear about your issue at work - it's a tough decision and I'm sending lots of good thoughts that you arrive at the best decision for you and your peace of mind. I'm hoping the meeting is productive but on the other hand I understand why you might feel you've just reached a point where the situation is intolerable - I will support whatever decision you come to and you know your nirdis are always here for you, big hugs to you.

ETA - I just saw your update, I guess I posted before catching up - ugh, how frustrating missy! :knockout: I think it's very unprofessional to leave you hanging like this. Sorry this is being dragged out.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I!m so sorry honey. I know how stressful the work situation has been for your for quite some time. I know you have also been stressed about Greg but I don't think that really has much to do with this situation. Everyone has a breaking point, This latest issue may just be the last straw for you. If the work environment is not making you happy and it's not going to drastically change your standard of living, why stay? You've been hoping for the past year that things would improve and unless I'm not understanding everything correctly, this has not happened. In fact things seem to just get worse. You know I will support you in any decision you make but your health comes first. If you feel the extra stress is having an effect on your health, it's just not worth it.

Gypsy, I had no idea the types of student loans you had were legal. I agree with the others who feel something needs to be done about this. You have been dealing with some much and I can only imagine how stressful this has been for you. I wish there was something I could do to help you. If you can think of anything I can do, please let me know. If you ever decide to ever to move to the Chicago suburbs I will help you find an affordable home and will drive you around until you are comfortable driving in snow. I will also workout with you. I would do anything to have a workout buddy.

I also want to thank you for your well thought out post in the other thread. I am so sorry you have had to go thru what you did. I posted way to quickly and really wanted the person who started the thread to realize what these comments do to someone who has raped. I also wanted her to realize that it doesn't matter how many years pass. It forever strikes a nerve and brings bad memories flooding back. You and I both know you are a very direct person and you are not afraid to state your feelings in any situation. It amazes me and makes me really angry that you heard some of the comments you heard. I heard many conments about how I was too kind to people and I was probably kind to the wrong person. Friends made comments that it was because I was pretty and had a good figure. It just always seems remarks are made to make women feel it is somehow there fault or they are somehow partially to blame. It amazes me that no matter how many years go by, very little changes. I so wanted my nieces to grow up in a world where they didn't have to fear this could happen to them. The statistics are alarming how many women are raped in their lifetime.

Marcy, I hope your employee situation improves. You need a break from problem employees!

I'm sorry I don't have time to respond to everyone at the moment. I'm off to pick my brother up from hospital. I will try to write more later today.

I hope everyone is having a good day today!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, regarding work. Ehhh. You might be surprised at how fast work fades from your rear view mirror. It surprised me, that's for sure. I also had an unexpected resignation after a last-straw encounter with my management and I think the big decisions tend to happen that way, you need something RIGHT.IN.YOUR.FACE to hork up the nerve to do something like resign. In retrospect, I lasted at Mayo years longer than a sane person would have :lol: Whatever you decide, know that your future is bright and that you can do pretty much anything you want to or dream up. Accept no limits :wavey:

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1466083547|4044735 said:
Missy that is huge news about your resignation letter!
And I hope and feel very positive about Greg and will have you both in my thoughts this week.
A lot going on for you!

Well I just found out I got the house.
How in the world did it happen this fast?! It would seem that intentions are powerful.
A nirdi cruise sounds terrific!

Hugs

Forget the cruise. We're all coming to your house in France! Congratulations!!!!

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Missy, I think the anxiety about Greg's health is more the reason for your reaction to Ann, but not to your job, at least not very much. You've had serious misgivings for a long time, and if it's time to leave, it's time to leave. I came to that conclusion in my last job. You don't have to work there to put food on the table so there's no reason to stay if the job makes you miserable and the parts of the job that make you miserable aren't going to change. And your boss calling in sick is unprofessional but it also gives you time to consider your decision, whatever it is.

Callie and Gypsy, I did a post on the other thread so I hope you'll go back to read it because I so admire what you and the others have the courage to do. I really mean it. ETA:: And Kristie, I just read your post and it breaks my heart I have to add you to this list too.

Missy and Kristie, we are clearly members of the same tribe. There IS a Costco in both Victoria (or the greater Victoria area) and Sequim. I haven't been to either, but they each have one so maybe they need to stay on the list!

Kristie, I haven't been to Sequim in decades, but one of my husband's fraternity brothers and his wife retired early and have been there for at least 10 years and love it. My mom and her husband considered it as an alternative to having the house in Seattle and a winter place in Mesa, but decided not to move. Sequim is the big retirement destination because it's in the rain shadow and at least at one time had lower real estate prices. Whether it's still lower depends on what you compare it to. My guess is that Sequim is still a lot lower than Seattle but Seattle/Bellevue is so frigging expensive. It might be serious sticker shock for people coming from more reasonably priced areas. But it's definitely a popular retirement community these days rather than just a small city. Some people like the focus is on seniors, some don't. I think for stores that Sequim doesn't offer, the closest destination shopping is Silverdale. I have been there. They have most of the national chain stores (though nothing else of note), but I'm not sure if they have Nordstrom and definitely not high-end stores. You could see where it is on a map and I don't know how long the drive would be from Sequim to Silverdale, but at least there's no ferry. Sequim to Seattle for shopping would be a very loooooong day, and probably not doable except overnight.

Junie, I saw your post on the caregivers thread. I'm not sure I realized your mom has vascular dementia. Please don't think less of yourself or feel guilty if having her live with you doesn't work out. At some point, it's not feasible to have dementia patients live at home or with relatives because their needs are too great. Your mom may be at that point now and if she is, that's just the reality and says nothing about you as a person or her daughter. And please don't let your mother's situation jeopardize your health, your marriage or your finances. If your mother were in her right mind, she wouldn't want that for you. I had to remind myself that the sweet little old lady (and she stayed sweet to the end) I went to visit was the person who used to be my mother. She still looked like her, but she wasn't my mother anymore. There were glimpses of my mother, but not as the whole person she had been. And that whole person had given me the gift years before of telling me she never wanted to be a burden on us or to give up our lives to take care of her. She'd tried to take care of her mother who also had Alzheimer's and she knew at some point home care was not enough. So though when she was at the care facility, she always wanted to go home with me and asked why she couldn't and would get upset that I was leaving, I knew that person wasn't really my mother. She was the person who used to be my mother and needed more than I could give. So even if your mother never told you that, it's okay. She wouldn't want you to sacrifice your life and happiness.

I'm not sure I got to everyone (hey, Marcy, Scandi, CJ, LL (Cool) J, and our soon-to-be international property owner Jimmianne!), but I've blathered more than enough for one day.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

I am so far behind.

Rainwood, Marty's sleeping habits are all over the place. He worked swings and mids for years then was on call 24x7 for over 10 years so rarely slept much and now he wakes up at 2 or 4 in the morning. I hope your supplement helps you get more regular hours of peaceful sleep. I have 3 more squares to go to fill my manager bingo card. One person can certainly change the dynamics of a team. I am throwing that out there to the whole team in a week or two. I hate to hear there is crime in your area but I know that happens everywhere. I am glad to hear you have a good security system.

Missy, I hope you get to talk to the clinic chief soon. That is pretty rotten she doesn't respond to you. I hope they can work out your concerns and you don't end up resignin but if you do so be it. I usually clean my phone and keyboard too and every time IT has extra new keyboards I get one. The Martian was a good movie.

Jimmianne, so this house is in France? Do tell us more.

CJ2008, how are you doing?

Kristie, are you enjoying that hot weather?

Scandinavian, any news on the logs?

Hi Sharon!

LLJsmom, you have had a busy month for family stuff but how fun and you have your pretty new diamond to show off as well.

Gypsy, how are you doing?

Junebug, how are you doing?

Calliecake, how are you doing? How is your brother?

Yesterday I stayed a bit late at work. Then we had supper and I did dishes then we went to Lowes. A few of our plants look awful so we pulled them out and replaced them. They were coleus which seems to do awful in my flower buckets. We also got some sprinkle on plant food / fertilizer so did that when we got home. Then I had to dial in to work to check over some things and by then it was time for bed.

Tonight I have to work on my program for the astronomy meeting tomorrow night. I printed stuff out but haven't looked at it since. It's a group project / discussion though so should be easy for me.

Marty is having a friend from Atlanta here this weekend. They are going hiking and driving around the mountains. His trip to Dubai didn't pan out since the Dubai office doesn't want to pay his expenses.

Have a great evening. Thinking of all of you wonderful NIRDIs and hoping your troubles go away or are at least lessoned by knowing us NIRDIs are here and we care.

Marcy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Guys. Feeling tired. A book in one of my favorite series came out last night and even though I SWORE I would not stay up all night reading it, I did. :naughty: And I enjoyed it too! But when I went to sleep the nightmares came. Helpless rage gives me dreams where I scream at people all night long in my mind. Not being heard. So I didn't sleep long at all and kept waking up. I'll sleep well tonight though, I think. I have a nice book that I have ALREADY read (so I won't be compelled to stay up to read it) to distract me so I am looking forward to that.

I had an interview today (the same one I referred to last time, it was rescheduled for today). It seemed to go well. But I am not confident in my ability to judge these things any more. I have a couple phone interviews for next week too. And I'm going to apply to some more jobs today/tomorrow. Seems to be a good time for hiring right now, so I want to get my applications out EVERYWHERE.

I finally found an artist to do my Frodo's portrait. Our lovely Debbie did my Hally's portrait when she passed and I was going to have her do Frodo's when I was ready but one of my favorite Etsy artists, who is a complete sweetheart, does custom pet portraits now and I couldn't resist. So that will be nice.

I drove over the Bay Bridge for the first time since they've re-done it. It looks SO good. I was really impressed. I kind of wish they'd re-do the first half of the bridge now too! The weather here today was GLORIOUS, I wish you ALL could have been here to enjoy it. I walked around the Ferry Building in San Francisco and bought empanadas for lunch and macaroons for dessert. I wish I could have lingered but I had the interview to go to.

I haven't worked out again this week. So I am going to tomorrow. I am actually thinking that if the day is like today I'll go for a walk along the water. I do wish we had a dog. Walks are better with dogs. There is an ADORABLE young dog named Rimmel in the building. She's a golden lab and she was in training to become a seeing eye dog but she failed out. Which I was happy to hear because she was not suited, IMO to the rigid training she had to keep to. She ADORES cuddles and is just a love bug plus she always wants to play. So her training parents are hoping to be able to keep her, which I really hope they can. I told John to ask them if they'll let me take her for walks occasionally. She's exactly the dog I would get if we could get one. I'll see if I can get a picture of her to post here for you all.

My cats are doing well. Duncan had an eye infection last week, but that has cleared up. And we're taking him in for a teeth cleaning next week. My house is a STY. And my (very picky and critical) parents are coming on Sunday, so I need to clean tomorrow as well. Duncan's spine is also less prominent and so I am happy the new food schedule for him seems to be working. He's 14 so he needs special care. Jack, Floofy (Whitey) and Penny are doing well. And so is Lucy, though she is getting stir crazy. She needs OUT of our little bedroom, and I'm working on John letting me try to integrate her again. Maybe there will be a miracle. If she can just learn to tolerate the other cats, and they can ignore her like Duncan does she would be so much happier.

Had good Chinese food for dinner (shrimp and green beans no rice or noodles), and am just sitting her on the computer. I hope to check in with RT briefly (there's someone I promised I'd help yesterday) and then start re-reading that book.

Wondering where to take my parents for Father's Day. On the one hand they love Dim Sum. On the other I got my step father expensive PJ's and I don't really feel like spending 150 bucks on lunch this weekend. I'm thinking of just ordering take out from the Mediterranean place here, which would be significantly less expensive and rocks. Or cooking. But I DO NOT feel like cooking. Which is unusual for me, but there it is. I'm completely uninspired to cook. Although... if I went to a Farmer's Market on Saturday that might help. I could get some nice fresh tomatoes and make a nice summer tomato salad and grill some chicken-- although its a little early for truly good tomatoes. There is lovely squash out now though. I could make a nice squash dish that I really like and grill some chicken with that. Hmm... I think the Farmer's Market is a good idea. For one thing it gets me out of the house on Saturday for a fun activity outside. And for another it might inspire me to cook, which is really the most cost effect AND personal options for Father's day lunch.

I am meeting a PSer on Saturday too. Someone that is buying a fancy and wants me to look their choices over, so that should be lots of fun. BLING. I finally got my wedding band from Joe Escobar last week. I missed it terribly. I've smiled each time I've looked down at it this week. Joe E did a great job on it. I had sized it up a full size since I got married and since it was 1/2 eternity once sized the pave barely covered the top of my fingers. I wanted to extend the pave down a little ways but the pave style is a less well known one by Scott Kay and I didn't want to send it to Steven for such a small thing, so when Erik at Joe E said it wouldn't be a problem I was happy, but then I was apprehensive. But I louped it carefully and it's a perfect match.

Well, that's my update. Now I'm going to re-read your posts and respond to you all individually.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Marcy, I'm sorry that co-worker of your is the pits. She sounds like a really unhealthy person. So hard to be around! But I am thrilled your new employee is a breath of fresh air! I will definitely be investigating if I would make a good candidate for a news story or some type of exposure. I think it's something that needs to be done. What's it like in Wyoming? Are you from there, or did you move there?
You just reminded me I need to go to the Ophthalmologist. Badly. Hmm.

What I liked best about Lucy is the fact that she played such a helpless mess of a goof on TV and played into the gender sterotypes. While in her life she strongly defied them. I always feel I am laughing WITH Lucy not just at her. If that makes sense .

Hi Scandi-- thank you for that photo of the sea. Water is my "element" apparently. I find it very relaxing, along with fire (my secondary element, apparently). Is the water very cold? I would imagine it is. But heck the water up here is freezing at all times too!

Life gives us good and bad. I think what's interesting is, you just live THROUGH stuff. Ya know. It's not like you have options. And then sometimes you look back and think... well, I got through that, good for me! But yes, DH is one of the very best parts of my life.

I LOL'd at that article too. This was my favorite part: "While interviewing several members of a church in Copenhagen, McLain makes the mistake of assuming that, given their faith, they must be homophobes like he is. After he laments the fact that the oppressive government made Denmark’s churches perform same-sex marriages, the Reverend had to awkwardly tell him that neither he nor anyone else at the church had a problem with gay people. McLain’s pained expression is priceless."

I LOVE THAT. Governments are SO oppressive for DEMANDING equal treatment for their citizens. Uh huh.

I don't often have issues with children in movie theaters. Probably because we go to the 10pm and later shows normally. Well, guess what... we'll be doing a 7pm or earlier showing again. I have like EIGHT movies I want to see coming out in the next couple months. Thank goodness for Costco movie tickets.

Missy, LOL at running off with the necklace when they have all your personal information. You could TRY to pull a Sharon Stone and just say... "But I thought you KNEW I was a Pricescope Rockstar! I thought you gave it to me so I could tell EVERYONE about your fabulous store. Don't you want me to tell everyone?"

Unfortunately, I'm not sure any of us are close enough to bail you out. :lol: But you know we'd do it!

I agree with you on the kids in theater. John and I had a disagreement about how to handle the issue. I favored your approach, he favored the 'ignore it' approach. We'll have to discuss how to handle this issue in the future.

The Martian was really good! I was surprised how much I enjoyed it as well.

The new kitten pics are unbearably cute.

Thank you sweetheart for your wonderful upbeat posts. I am so happy you are in such a better place now, than when the accident happened.

And I am sorry to hear about your job. Your care for your patients comes through, but yes, there is a point at which principles and employment can come to a head and if that time is now, and you can do it financially, then you should do it. I'm here for you no matter what. You HAVE to be content at work, if not happy. I believe and that means to me that you are vital, appreciated and respected. If you don't have that, then it's not healthy. And your mental and emotional health are just as, if not more, important as your physical. AUGH on her not being there today. That is unprofessional that she didn't even follow up with you.

PLEASE do not feel like you have to post in ANY thread. The reason I have not burned out from PS is because I take, sometimes long, breaks. If you need to block out drama and angst for your mental health DO IT and please do not feel you have to apologize for it. YOU matter. You are in my thoughts.

ANOTHER CAT PREGNANT!!! And a black and white. Oh SHOOT I SO hope you catch her pre-birth. Fingers and toes crossed. And eyes. (So I'm uncomfortable AND look funny). I am really impressed with you Greg and Ann. I so wish I could take one of your kittens.

Junebug, HUGS. Your mother is having problems with sleep (I can relate). Is she having problems FALLING asleep? Or just STAYING asleep. There are medications that are better for one or the other. Also does she like the smell of lavender? I find certain essential oils very soothing and have a few sprays of them I spray on my pillow and sheets and they relax me and trigger the "it's time for sleep" mindset for me. Dementia is super hard to deal with. My grandmother and John's went through it. The hardest part is for me... they are there physically, but emotionally and mentally they AREN'T so much of the time and so you are in mourning, but not because they ARE there (at least occasionally) and it's such a conflicting feeling. If you have to get help or find someplace that can help manage her, please do not feel like it is any comment on YOU. It's not. With my grandmother we couldn't manage it without help and my grandmother has 4 children. It is exactly what Rainwood described. That being over there is your family in blood, but everything that made them WHO THEY ARE is gone. And yet... it's really desperately difficult. So I imagine you are really struggling with the new reality of it. Just please, be kind to yourself in your thoughts.

It is really essential to have a SAFE place to just vent and ask for support and advice from people who are going through the same thing you are. Caregiver burn out is a real thing and can make you feel so down, and guilty. If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know.

Rainwood, Thank you for your words of support in this thread and the other. The Neighborhood watch thing is so interesting. It sounds like have such a different perspective now, with everything you've been through so it sounds like you are able to keep perspective about it all. I am happy your house is safe, and please continue to be careful and vigilant. But yes, crime happens every where. Funny thing I want to share on the neighbor front.

This story, which just had me shaking my head and thinking "those people need better things to do with their time": http://sfglobe.com/2016/01/29/woman-returns-from-vacation-nearly-drives-past-her-repainted-house/

Second thing is this: The Atherton, CA (VERY affluent area here in the Bay Area-- for anyone who is unfamiliar with it) police blotter. It's a funny read and I was reminded of it reading your post (not that the problems in your neighborhood weren't more serious, they were).
https://www.buzzfeed.com/copyranter/police-blotter-reports-from-atherton-california?utm_term=.bcBdpEOMA1#.yuyxXqPvV3

Hi CJ! Hello Sharon!

AZ-- I loved your post. Honestly, if it wasn't for the Supreme Court and the Veto power I'm not sure what the heck the President is good for. But if you look up a list of the "laws" Obama has vetoed it reminds me how important the role of the executive as a 'check' on the legislature is. And of course the supreme court. That's why I love Elizabeth Warren she is the only politician who CARES about student loans. But I'm going to keep politics out of this thread.

I often think John and I need to leave the US. IF only we could agree on where to go.

Jimmiannie, too bad there's no Frenchmen, but in general, a cute house one loves is more dependable!! Fingers crossed for you my friend. Pictures?

LLJ, you are such a sweetheart. I would love to go out to coffee with you sometime next time I'm on the Pennisula. A loan would be a lovely solution but my parents...it's a no. And DH's mother's house is slowly rotting around her. We need to help her, so the other way around won't be possible. But its a good solution. Thank you. I'll figure it out, hopefully.

I have something (I have to be mysterious and won't even be able to give details after the fact) happening next Thursday that could have a significant POSITIVE financial impact. It's a long term issue though, so while there is a CHANCE it could be resolved as early as Thursday, it is EXTREMELY unlikely that the best outcome for ME, would happen next week. So, fingers crossed but not putting any eggs in that basket. Still and all I thought I'd share. I know, it's vague. But it has to be, I'm sorry.

Callie, first ((HUGE HUG)). Second, you and DJ and other friend PSers would be the MAIN (read, "only") reason for me to want to come out to Chicago. You know what's really strange. I've looked at jobs out there but for what I do the pay rate is SO very low out there even though the cost of living REALLY isn't that much better. Head scratcher. Are you sure you don't want to move somewhere ... WARMER, with me????

Yeah, most people don't know about the student loan thing. The industry RELIES on that to continue doing what they do.

Regarding the other thread. I agree with you about the comment. To be honest the only people I've ever told were two people (one being the roommate) in law school. And one being the guy I carpooled up with who was kind and enraged on my behalf. But after that I went into denial. It didn't come up again until my DH and I started talking. I couldn't admit that I was a rape victim for the longest time. Other than my DH, in my real life only my therapist knows. No one else. And now I've talked about it on here (and have real life friends who read on here too, so they now know). It was just a self-protective thing. Once my roommate reacted the way she did, I shut down and buried it. Last night I was FINALLY TRULY PISSED OFF AT HER. Eighteen years later. And then I had nightmares.

It does come up. Again and again. I am sorry for your hurt and pain. And for how those women's remarks hurt you. It's amazing that we women aren't often that good at supporting each other the right way. But... we do find people in our lives who ARE amazing. Like you and the NIRDIs.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi guys I'm writing while sipping hot tea with a hot water bottle on my chest. As with summer visits to New England,
The heat is now off until fall but it's in the 50's at night.

Gypsy I love the area where you live
There is a magical atmosphere
literally
it has a little something extra that is very special.

Marcy
Yes France! If I were not so tired I would be jumping up and down.
But I am quite pleased that another door has opened. As they say, those hallways are a b**ch.
I believe several of us are in hallways at the moment. I'd been in one for several years
so hang in there my nirdis!

Today I go to a lunch and language workshop to further network with local acquaintances
and then move from this cozy spot with English hosts & guests, maids &
meals, etc, to an apartment in French France lol
Astonishingly it is just a couple of houses from my new one so I can live in my neighborhood for the next week.

The house has not been updated since the 60's and the sellers are leaving everything.Everything. The house was built in the mid 1800's on the site of much older home. The back wall is three feet thick and dates to the 12th century.
It is tiny but with four bedrooms due to the loft being converted, so plenty of room for guests. It has a small walled courtyard and is a town house-shared walls on both sides.
image_871.jpg image_866.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jimmiannie, it looks so "European". I know, Captain Obvious... but it does. It just looks so rustic on the one hand and yet it has a presence. I hope it works out. And yes, those hallways are quite a problem! You are in my thoughts.

I like where we live too. It would take a minor miracle to let us stay here long term, but if I COULD I would. Much love to you.

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne, a house made of that beautiful stone, that beautiful tile floor AND roses blooming by the door? Tres, tres belle!!

And I'm calling it: NIRDI GTG 2017 - Jimmianne's house somewhere in France!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! It's Friday!

Rainwood, You are incredibly insightful. You get people and I always love reading what you write. Always. What you wrote in the other thread was spot on. People can be selfish and insensitive and unthinking with crappy behavior. Going through the worst thing you could ever go through and people asking questions like that to make sure they are OK. Unbelievable.
We are here for you.

And when I wrote NIRDI cruise I meant taking a NIRDI cruise to France to Jimmianne's beautiful stone house. :bigsmile:

You're right about Ann and work too. The work thing had nothing to do with Greg but the way I spoke with the clinic chief did. I was overwhelmed from many different directions and I let my frustration out in my tone of voice. That could be why she is avoiding me now. IDK and guess what? I'm not worried because I am ready to leave if that's what I need to do. Making peace with it. I hate leaving my patients but they will be OK. No one at work is irreplaceable.

Today might be the day we find out Greg's biopsy results. Nervous but there's lots of things we need to do today so I won't be dwelling on waiting. It might not come in till Monday though.

Have a fun weekend!

Callie and Kristie and Gypsy, biggest hugs and love from me. I am devastated for you and what you have been through but I am thankful and grateful you have all made it through to the other side and are doing well. You are all so strong to share your stories on PS and relive what you went through. As Rainwood wrote you are incredible and courageous women.

Callie, hope your brother is feeling better and that you had a good visit with him yesterday and that he is home and comfortable right now.

Kristie, thanks for the work advice and I am counting on you girls to keep me company if I am unemployed. It will feel weird especially with Greg working full time. I enjoyed part time because it was the only thing that stopped me from being a hermit. I can definitely be a hermit and retreat from the world. I have the internet right? :lol: :lol: :oops:

Marcy, I hope the weekend visit from Marty's friend is a good one and you enjoy his visit. Have a good astronomy meeting tonight. What is the subject about tonight? I wish we could attend. I would love seeing you in action talking about astronomy. Seeing the Martian the other night cemented that I don't want to be an astronaut and seeing Everest (finally) last night cemented the fact I don't ever want to climb mountains literally. Just figuratively and even then not so sure I have the energy to go very high. :lol:

Gypsy, I'm glad your interview went well and hope your next round of interviews go well to. I hope you find the job you want to find and I agree one has to be content at work because it matters. I love what I do and who I work with (patient population) but I loathe the administration and all the red tape yada yada yada. But that's the way it goes so we will see if I decide to continue or decide to resign. She still hasn't responded to my previous 2 emails and never contacted me when she decided not to show up to work yesterday. Shows you what I'm up against right? :sick:

I agree adopting a dog is an awesome way to enjoy long walks and lots more unconditional love hugs and kisses. If you can I would say go for it but I am guessing you have a full house right now and you have enough unconditional love to go around. But borrowing a dog is the next best thing to adopting one of your own. I used to do it when my neighbors and good friends had their dog. I miss Harry. He was such a great soul. I used to dog sit and go dog walking with him too. I loved our walks. RIP Harry. They planted a memorial tree in Prospect Park for Harry and we visit it every now and then. They have left it decorated for him. He loved Christmas. For some reason I cannot get his photo to post but here's the tree in the park.

community

harrystree.jpg

Gypsy, Im glad your kitties are all doing well and that Duncan'w eye infection has cleared. Whew what a relief. I hate when our fur babies get sick.

Yes another cat pregnant and perhaps more than one. And a total look alike for Fresca so now not sure we actually have Fresca or his look alike that we trapped. It is never ending. Leaving very soon for the beach house as Ann took the food away last night and we are hoping to trap another cat today please. :pray: It is difficult because we have some people coming today for some work that needs to be done and human activity is never good when it comes to trying to trap the ferals but we have no choice. And then we can try Saturday and Sunday. My parents were supposed to stay over the beach house this weekend but cancelled so that is better for us since we are trying to trap the feral kitties this weekend. We are seeing my parents next weekend at the beach house anyway to celebrate a belated father's day but they won't be staying over then so this was supposed to be their weekend sleeping over. Worked out this way because of the cats.

Haha yes why didn't they want me to abscond with the necklace LOL. :cheeky: They don't know about PS.

I hope you have a fun weekend with your step father and mom. And have a good time meeting your PSer on Saturday and shopping for fancy bling! Sounds like you will both have so much fun! :appl:

Junie, good luck on Sunday! That's the move in day I think and I am keeping you and your mom in my thoughts and also wishing a very happy Father's day to your dh. (((Hugs))).

OK I have to run to get everything together to leave for the beach house. Greg just phoned and is on his way back from work. Yes he went in to work at 5AM so we could leave this morning. See you girls later and big (((hugs))) to you all.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arrived to beach house and we set the trap. No cats in sight. Figures. And Ann didnt leave us both our traps. We bought a new one and had an older one (from when we trapped Blu a few years ago) and she must have taken our newer trap to try trapping some other cats in another area this past week. She thought we were coming down this afternoon and I didn't check in with her to tell her we changed our plans. I'm a little disappointed we don't have our new trap as I needed to maximize our chances at trapping today. We are leaving the house by 11AM and won't be back till 4PM so we are going to take the trap away when we are gone. Don't want to trap a cat we already trapped and then not be there to release them immediately yanno? Wish we had both our traps here now. :blackeye:

Need good NIRDI vibes and dust to trap some of our feral kitties that have not yet been trapped so appreciate all and any good thoughts and PS dust.

Trying one more time to attach Harry's photo. He was such a love. Miss him and I hope he is at Rainbow Bridge keeping company with all our beloved fur babies who are gone.

Enjoy your Friday. :wavey:

Attachments

• _4223.jpeg
    545.9 KB · Views: 400

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I hope Greg is ok. And that you both can relax a bit at the beach house this weekend. I am so sorry it's been so hard with your admin group at the office. I am so frustrated for you. It's sucks when you enjoy the work itself and you are stuck with dealing with the politics. I am so relieved Greg is so supportive of you and just wants you to be happy. I hope those naughty ferals cooperate with you and allow themselves to be trapped. ;-) The picture of Harry is wonderful. He's beautiful.

June, I'm praying for you and your family. Whatever you can do is good. And if you come to a point where you can't, you can have peace because you tried.

Rainwood, what you said in the other thread is true. People just need something that will tell them they won't be the next victim. I am that way when I hear about attacks and shootings and stuff. However it can be very hard for the people who are the victims.

Gypsy, I love the embarcadero and I try to run there when I have time. When you are next in the city near the ferry building, and have time, we should meet up for some coffee and a stroll. That would be so lovely. Not sure how to trade contact info with you though... Maybe I will try to put a jewelry piece on Loupetroop. I don't have anything right now. I having been thinking about that other thread more and more, but I won't vent here.

Take care everyone. Catch up soon.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy, I was gonna say good luck on the interview process. I know something good will happen. It will be better than what you had before. I will stay positive for you. That is what the NIRDIs did for me when I was freaking out about DH's job hunt.

I wanted to share my new Hermes scarf. I saw it last week, and I kept thinking about it. That is a sign to me that I need to get it. It matches everything. I wear it with a tank top.

hermes_modernisme.png

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Gypsy, what is the book series you like so well? I am so sorry you had a nightmare. I hate those! Good luck with your job search and interviews. That is great the Bay Bridge looks good. That was one of the coolest things we did on the way to Pebble Beach was make the loop around SF and drive over the bridges. I am glad your cats are doing well. Have fun shopping tomorrow and I am delighted you have your wedding band back. I am a Wyoming native and I like it here. Marty is a Maryland native and wouldn’t mind moving. When he was looking for a new job 4 years ago I wouldn’t move because of my parents. Now that they are gone I don’t expect to be here much longer but we’ve only been in our current house 3.5 years so we’ll probably stay here a while. I hope some day you can get your story out there to help you and others like you. I heard an ad on the radio about helping or consolidating student loans but then of course they were talking about the federal loans. Sigh. I definitely laugh with Lucy she is so funny. They have 6 episodes every day on Hallmark and I’ll go pick one of two of them for tomorrow so I can listen to them at work. It makes my employees less irritating.

Gypsy, Kristie and Callie, I can’t even imagine the trauma you’ve been through and relived over and over from the horrific thing that happened to you. I am so sorry and I am angry at the stupid, insensitive words people said to you.

Jimmianne, yes those hallways are awful. How exciting about a house in France. It looks fabulous. How cool!

Rainwood, a French NIRDI GTG at Jimmianne’s. Sweet.

Missy, Marty’s friend is pretty nice and funny. He’s easily a foot shorter than Marty and tiny - I bet he is shorter than me. And that’s Short! The astronomy meeting went well. There were 4 groups of people and everyone seemed to enjoy it. I like easy programs too. I am with you I don’t want to go to Mars or climb a mountain. I like my comforts of home. The tree for Harry is pretty special. I like that. Sounds like you, Greg and Ann have quite the process with the Soda gang going on. Good luck catching the ones you want to get in with Ann. Enjoy the weekend at the beach house.

LLJsmom, I’ll be watching for you to test cookies tomorrow. Marty’s friend is very excited I am making chocolate chip cookies so we better save some for him. Great scarf!

Had a busy day at work - had my work done by noon which was good since I was scrambling this afternoon making late changes.

My program went over well at the astronomy meeting. A couple brought their grandson and he really enjoyed being able to do a group project. It was cute.

Marty’s friend got to town during the meeting so we came home right away and he met us here. He is very friendly so he and Marty will have a nice time.

Have a great weekend.
Marcy

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

Missy, I'm so happy that Cola was trapped, this is a slow process and I'm glad that you're making some progress!

Love the pic of Harry, reminds me so much of my yellow lab Cowboy.

Marcy, your dream employee reminds me of my son lol, introverted and quiet. I wish my son could work for you! He sounds like he will make a great employee. No drama and he does his job well, it's a miracle. I'm hoping you can get through to NN, she really does need an attitude adjustment. Hope you have a nice visit with your guests this weekend.

Thanks for your kind words Marcy, it means so much that you are thinking of me and hoping this all works out. I can't tell you how helpful it is to me right now.

Rainwood, thank you for the recommendation, I will check with her doctor. Right now it sounds like a miracle drug to me haha. But elderly people process drugs/supplements differently and I know I have to be careful about what she takes. This sleep issue actually started years ago and I spoke to her doctor and he was unwilling to prescribe anything and suggested melatonin.

Thanks for the additional info about programs, it is certainly worth checking out and seeing what's available. It's great that you found a good place for your mother, I'm sure it was a relief and comfort to you to know she was being well cared for.

Thank you for your input and I agree that it's really important that my relationship with my husband and my quality of life. And yes, there is going to be a time when her needs might be too great. I feel as of right now, I can do it although it's going to be hard, but I do realize it might very well just get to be too much. You always make really good observations and comments and am taking what you said to heart, I appreciate you sharing your thoughts and your experience.

I'm sorry to hear about the burglaries and I'm glad you're not overly stressed about it. I'm hoping these incidents stop soon and please take care.

CJ, thank you for the good wishes! It really helps and I appreciate it.

LLJsmom, thanks so much for your thoughts and prayers! It means a lot to me. I'm hanging in there - sorry to hear about drama with the kids, I know from experience that it can be draining and upsetting, and I hope things have settled down for you. I love your new scarf, it's gorgeous!

Jimmianne, omigosh so excited for you!!! The house looks wonderful, congratulations! Such an exciting adventure! Thinking of you and glad you are having a great trip.

Gypsy, I'm really glad you feel your interview went well and you had such a nice time enjoying the city and the beautiful weather. I agree with you, walking really is much more enjoyable when you are walking a dog and it would be great if you could "borrow" Rimmel once in a while lol. I hope you can integrate Lucy with the other cats at some point, that's a tough thing and she really would be so much happier if she could at least tolerate the other kitties. I'm really happy to read that Duncan is doing well. Sending lots of dust that your financial issue works out in your favor. Have a great time bling shopping with a fellow PS'er! She's really lucky to have your help!

Unfortunately my mother seems to be having trouble both falling asleep and staying asleep and I just am not feeling confident I can switch her around but I'll do my best. Thanks for the lavender suggestion, I'm going to give it a try. Yes, this is a really difficult thing and it does bring up so many conflicting feelings and I'm a bit afraid and unsure. I've been caring for her part-time for the past 5 years but this will be different, it will now be full-time and I do worry I won't be able to handle it. I do want to give it a try but I know I can't sacrifice my well-being if it ends up just being too much.

Kristie, Callie, and Gypsy - I am so very sorry for what you have been through, you are all very brave and strong. ((((hugs)))))

I know I missed a lot but wanted to catch up at least a little. Will check in with you soon!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Junebug, I've got to go to bed, but this is one of the spray's I use. https://www.etsy.com/transaction/1129735456

I have bad insomnia and I have trouble both falling asleep and staying asleep. Unfortunately I also react very badly to sleep medications like Lunesta, Ambien, etc.

I don't feel comfortable stating my medications here, but if you reach me through DiamondBistro (LLJ please reach me there too and any NIRDI too) I'll be happy to share that plus some other information. I'm Plizzard on Diamond Bistro.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Hope everyone has a good Saturday planned. Lovely weekend weather predicted here and it is sunny and bright this morning.

We had an eventful evening last night. First of all after speaking with Ann yesterday morning she said we could leave the trap open the whole day and just call her if a cat gets trapped and she would go there and either release them (if it was a kitty we already trapped) or take them if it was one we were trying to trap we decided OK that's what we would do. We monitored the cameras remotely throughout the day. We were only out of the house about 5 hours but kept checking every 15 minutes.

After no activity all day long and no activity through the evening (you can imagine how stressed we both were just wanting and waiting for a kitty to be trapped) finally we saw some action. At 7 PM movement and in a flash trapped. But it was Pepsi and believe it or not even after getting trapped twice before he walked right into the trap again! OMG! Fortunately we were right there and Greg let him out. He didn't seem to traumatized thank goodness. Then about 30 minutes later Sammy sauntered over and was about to walk into the trap and we opened the front door and startled her away.

I could see that our previously trapped kitties were not going to be deterred from getting food even if it meant being re-trapped and they were not making this easy on us LOL. We couldn't believe there was so little cat action all day and evening. Unheard of really and these cats are clever. Except for Sammy and Pepsi that is LOL.

Finally at about 8:15PM Cola walked right into the trap! Woohoo! She was so upset though and it was quite upsetting for us too. Greg covered the trap and I called Ann who came over and took her. So all 6 slots filled for the June 24th veterinarian appointment (only Fresca, Cola and Sprite from our soda gang and 3 from another area) so we are done this round. There is another Fresca cat (exact look alike) so I am not sure which one we have trapped and we have at least 5 more cats that need to be trapped (Root Beer, Seven Up, Ginger ale, Fresca look alike, Dr Pepper and not sure if I am leaving someone out) and I am sure hoping no more show up.

Sprite is finally going to get spayed this round and then be released so I hope King George recovers from losing his mama. He is a mama's boy for sure and it makes me sad they are going to be separated but Ann says it is time and Sprite has had enough of her kittens.

That's my exciting update. Poor Greg is exhausted mentally and physically from everything and I see it has taken its toll on him. He loves all animals too and this has not been easy since he is doing much of the work. It is draining emotionally more than anything. I don't know how the animal rescue people who do this full time do it. Ann is amazing. I wish we could have trapped more of our group up to this point but I have to abide by Ann's wishes and she told me not to attempt this without her when I asked about what if we kept them in our shed. It's pretty big and insulated and since Ann is out of room for more this round and I told her we could find a veterinarian in the area and take care of them on our own re spaying/neutering/vaccinations etc. Both Greg and I want to TNR our whole gang ASAP because it has been dragging on for many months now. But Ann put the kibosh on it and said just wait so we will listen to her. Not being here full time would make it more challenging but I figured if we could find a vet who would treat feral cats and was open on the weekend we could take care of more cats sooner before they breed. I hope we are not making a mistake because if they all start having babies this problem will become unmanageable. However just so you all know we are both relieved and happy and pleased we have managed to get 6 cats since April.

Junie, I know your dh is supportive and onboard with your mom moving in and that is key. I know if anyone can handle this move you and your dh can and we are all rooting for you. If anything should change I am confident you will know what to do and make the difficult decisions necessary. And right now I feel it is going to be OK and manageable and if anything changes you will successfully deal with that too. I am sorry about your mom's sleeping problems and hope one of the suggestions by Gypsy and the other girls here help. I find lavender very restful to and spray my bedroom with it before bed. I use the La Vanilla Lavender. Love this. Smells amazing.
http://www.lavanila.com/products/the-healthy-fragrance-vanilla-lavender

(((HUGS))) and more (((HUGS))). We are here for you so please lean on us and take energy from us. Thinking good thoughts for you and your family. XOXO.

Gypsy, I am interested in the book series too when you have a chance if you could share that with us. I love reading but have done it less since posting on PS so much. Need a bit more balance in my life I think and getting back to reading would be a good start. Love great movies too so always open to those suggestions. We just saw a horror movie last night called "The Unborn". Why is it so many horror movies have unsatisfying endings? I was really enjoying it till the last 40 minutes or so. Darn it is so hard to find great horror films. Loved "The Ring" and "The Vanishing" and "Invasion of the Body Snatchers". But the originals not the remakes. The remakes usually aren't good. I also have lots of trouble sleeping-falling asleep and staying asleep. I couldn't open your Etsy link re the spray you use just fyi. I hope you have been having peaceful slumber and restful nights. And I am hoping next round of interviews go really well!

LLJSmom, I LOVE your new Hermes scarf. And I also LOVE the bracelet you are trying out. Looks terrific with your other wrist bling and looks great on you! I love Hermes but the only Hermes I own is their perfume the Hermessence line. I own many of them because I just love their perfumes. And they are more reasonable than their bling haha. My fave Hermes perfume is Vetiver Tonka and it's a perfect warm weather perfume. Light and delicious. Are you keeping the bracelet? And that scarf looks fantastic on your neck. I love how you wrapped it. :love:

Marcy, so glad your meeting went well and love that you had a young visitor at the meeting last night. Glad that Marty's friend is a nice fellow. Sounds like a good weekend in the making. How are you enjoying your beautiful new band? Any new thoughts about it or the fit?

Scandi, hope all is well and we miss your beautiful photos of the day. So when you have the time and energy would love for you to share some more. Any progress on the log situation? Have a good weekend and thinking of you.

Rainwood, have a great weekend and a good visit and I know you are getting excited for your upcoming European adventure. Just a few more weeks!

The Clinic Chief emailed me yesterday morning as soon as she got into the office apologizing for not showing up on Thursday and asking if it was OK to meet Wednesday morning before I started seeing my patients so I said yes. So I shall see what happens. Bringing my letter of resignation just in case it doesn't get resolved to my satisfaction.

No news from our doctor regarding Greg's biopsy results so have that on my mind. It is taking longer than usual to get the results and you know that is worrying me. I called the doctor's office yesterday but unfortunately missed them as they close earlier on Fridays. So now it is just waiting till Monday and I won't lie I am concerned but just hoping and praying the results are benign.

Kristie, Callie, Jimmianne, Sharon, CJ, and anyone else I might have missed (and if I did I am very sorry!) hello and thanks for helping me sort through my feelings about everything.

Greg and I are looking forward to a stress free bike ride today and not having to check our security cameras every 15 minutes LOL.
Have a lovely Saturday everyone. :wavey:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy why did Ann tell you not to capture and find a local vet that will spay/neuter on the weekend?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Junebug, I am always here for you. I know you have so much going on right now. I am sure your son would be a great asset to my team or anywhere he works. Does he still like his new job?

Gypsy, that is too bad you can’t find a medicine that helps you sleep. I react bad to pretty much all medicine. Non-drowsy stuff drops my IQ 40 points, codeine makes me throw up in 15 minutes - you could set your watch by it, most pain meds make me sick, anti-inflamatories break me out in horrible rashes and give me hives. The over the counter allergy meds make me a big sensitive cry baby. My SIL doesn’t believe Marty so she is determined to slip me some of them just so she can see it. Marty tells her it’s not pretty and no she doesn’t want to see it. Funny thing penicillin doesn’t bother me at all and regardless of what else it does I can breathe when I take it. I am sure my dentist has made a note in my file “always asks for penicillin”. At least I tell him the truth - no I don’t have a tooth infected - I just like to be able to breathe through my nose.

Missy, it sounds like the cats want their food more than they are worried about being trapped and of course they know Missy and Greg will take care of them. You guys are going above and beyond what most people would dream of doing to help out feral kitties. Ann was an awesome find too. The meeting was nice last night. I really like my new band but I definitely had it sized too big. Since it is for a RHR it should be fine though. I have been wearing my yellow sapphire this week though.

I had a very busy day. I slept in until 9. Marty had put dirty dishes in with the clean ones so I had to wash all those dishes again. I made 4 batches of chocolate chip cookies and got 20 bags of three cc cookies for the bake sale. I have a few dozen left for us. Marty’s friend is enjoying them for sure. That was a ton of cookies. I did the dishes from all that and ran errands.

I picked up a ring my sister had repaired here and went to Hobby Lobby. I stopped and had some chicken nuggets for a late lunch so now I won’t be hungry when Marty gets supper done here soon. I know I shouldn’t eat chicken but I crave it so a little pack of nuggets followed by some Alka Seltzer seemed like a logical things to do today. NOT!!!

I should start on laundry but the guys are home already so maybe I won’t.

Marty and his friend went rock climbing today at a nearby rock “forrest”. It’s called Vedauwoo with all sorts of cool formations and groupings of rocks.

Have a great weekend.
Marcy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results