shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't worn this sapphire ring in a while but I'm falling in love with it again. It's a nice light pink with some purple highlights and yes it has a window but I like the color and it is pretty lively for an oval. I found this in the case at the jeweler's where I have custom work done here in town. The lighting in our closet this morning really made the color look good but the picture came out yellow. The cloth it's on is white so I color corrected it as well as I could.

The diamonds are .10 ct each and were earrings Marty bought me right after we got engaged. A friend of mine was teasing him after she saw my engagement ring that I needed earrings to go with it. He showed up that night with earrings for me. What a sweetie. Little did he know how much jewelry he'd buy me the next 25 years. :lol:

_33858.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This looks better

_33859.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, this is lovely. And I loved that he got you the earrings too... :love: Glad you kept him.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Jimmianne, thank you for that explanation on permaculture farming. I love the idea especially if you get to have more sweet animals (ducks, goats bring them on) on your farm. :love: So my vote is yes. Of course I know I don't get a vote but just wanted to say I support your decision either way. More animals please. :appl:

I'm with Marcy. Returning the WF bracelet means you get to continue your bling shopping woohoo! I had the weirdest dream last night. I bought earrings and I was so sad because I was done shopping because I had just bought an expensive pair of earrings. So funny right? Then I woke up and realized it was just a dream so I get to continue looking. :naughty:

Hope your day brightened yesterday!

Hi Marcy, poor Marty. I am sorry he didn't have a good night's sleep the other night. I hate it when that happens as it does drag you down the rest of the day. Hopefully he made up for his lost sleep last night.

How is work going? Any progress with your problem employee or hiring a new one? Did you finish those brownies yet? I had a peanut butter frozen brownie that my sister made this past June at our GTG at the beach house. They are still delicious. I love saving those treats to enjoy slowly over many months and the freezer keeps them yummy for a long time.

I love your sapphire ring. So pretty! I am glad you kept it and how lovely that Marty rushed out all those years ago to get you diamond earrings haha. Little did he know. :cheeky: A sweet dh for sure. :appl:

Callie, good luck with your appointment today. Hope it goes well!

Have a good day NIRDIs. It's a hot week here in the 90's and yesterday was the first day in a long time I had a lot of trouble breathing as in not being able to get a good breath for most of the afternoon and evening despite taking my (OK Greg's haha) inhaler 4 times. Finally relief before bed though so yay for that. The air quality here is lacking right now so keeping the A/C on all day for sure.

See you girls later. :wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, of course you get a vote!

I hope the air quality is better today. On my iPhone I have the weather for my town, Montreuil-Bellay and NYC - and last night they actually had an advisory. I just wanted to come and rescue you when I read that.

What a funny dream. Of course you should have everything you want, whether you have already gotten something or not! Please tell Greg that's the PS Rule, and I will tell myself the same thing. I asked Grace to put me on the email list for the bangles she is making.

oh - here is my "new" WF pendant...it is SO tiny! I never could have imagined!
the clasp ring is odd - just a thin stamped piece of metal, which makes me wonder if it is original.

img_9864_0.jpg img_9867.jpg

I don't remember if I actually posted my response to June, but it said that the diamonds I posted pictures of are tiny - the JA is 0.12ct - and the whole collection could fit in a mouse's pocket.
Well, this might be the way to go! haha
My earring came and it is SO tiny it's amazing...smaller than a sunflower seed. I love it! p1140991.jpg

I'm starting a trend - small is the new big :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha Jimmianne, let me know if that trend catches on OK? I tried it and well it just didn't suit me LOL. Though I will say and you already know this I love the Grace earrings I got a few months ago that I was unsure of at first. I think mainly I was unsure as they are so delicate and I am used to larger but they have grown (haha get it grown) on me and I am glad I kept them!

Your new earring is darling! I love it too. :love: Think we can get an ear picture?

The WF pendant is sweet also. :appl: I am loving all your new bling. Small is the new big! :appl:

Thank you for wanting to rescue me. You can rescue me anytime Jimmianne. :bigsmile: (((Hugs))).
I wasn't even aware there was an advisory (on a news blackout these days) but yes breathing was challenging. Hoping today is easier.

Do you have any plans for today?

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I posted a Show Me for tiny on SMTB - calling it a new trend haha

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1441105196|3922018 said:
I posted a Show Me for tiny on SMTB - calling it a new trend haha

Haha I saw that and posted. I don't think sharing my Grace earrings there would qualify though as many might not view them as "small". It is all in the eye of the beholder to be sure. :halo:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw your post : ) and then realized there may not be anyone on PS with tiny ANYTHING! or are willing to admit it. I think I will post a plain band and say that the diamond is so small it cannot be seen with the naked eye.

I love your Grace earrings.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You girls must think I live on PS.
It's true!!

I just found my rings!!!
oh I was in such a state of mourning over them. TIffany eternity, quatrefoil eternity and little silver bird from Paris. My favorites.
Unbelievable - I had torn up my house, cars, gone to the parking lots in town where I parked, gone out at night with a flashlight in my yard.
I am SO excited. Thank goodness. and know where they were? In a cubby in my office desk - where I swear I had checked a dozen times. OMG.
So I am sending all this dust d'enthusiasm for the still lost NIRDI rings. Lost rings, now be found!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOOHOO!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you Jimmianne!!! Just about to go work out and I said to myself let me check PS just in case something exciting and good has happened and there you go! :appl: :appl: :appl: I swear I do have MT at times. Either that or I live on PS too. Hehe. Not that there is anything wrong with that. :cheeky: :lol:

OK sending bucket loads of dust to all the other NIRDIs (LLJsmom I think that includes you!) who are searching for some lost bling. I command all lost bling to make themselves seen!

woooohoooo.gif

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne, I am glad to hear your 'lost' jewels are now found! :appl: I love those rings, particularly the Paris Birdie ring. Now 'we' just have to find LLJs bands :))

That is so interesting, the perma-culture farming. They sound like a terrific couple, its fantastic you get to PICK your neighbors :dance: It'd be especially wonderful to have them there if you are spending significant blocks of time in France, your animals would be cared for (although I cannot see Puff getting on board with too much of that!!! He loves his mom) and your house would have oversight. Vacant houses, not good--->plumbing, appliances, etc. It sounds like a great deal for everyone involved.

Your DD might be getting married? I cannot wait to see pics from that wedding, I know it will be beautiful and charming and festive! Do you like the man who will be proposing? He is French, non?

Marcy, I love your new ride. I'm glad Marty has something splendiferous to ferry him back and forth to DIA and around town too. I bet you'll get many many years of trouble-free truckness from it!

Missy, great pics of the kitties, I love a comfy and contented cat, they bring your blood pressure down about 10 points for sure.

Callie, get cracking on those fall clothes, its September already!!!
Keep some of your warm weather items out for Miami, though :sun: :lol: :sun:

I'm just holding it together before the Board meeting on the 15th. Check is supposed to be sent out to us on the 16th *assuming* BIL doesn't throw ANOTHER stick in the wheel. After 3 years of this garbage I want a little payback, I'm ashamed to say. BIL has about $20-30k of funds belonging to us (estate assets/cars/etc) and I know DH is going to want to just walk away from that once the property issue is resolved. I'm going to want him to sue for the $20-30k in time for a lien to be put on BILs portion of the property if necessary. I'm going to have to learn to breathe deeply and let DH handle that part his way grrrrrrrrr :angryfire:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AZ, I am going to hold your hand the whole time until the resolution of the estate nightmare. Yes! almost done! Somehow it gets harder near the end, but your DH will protect you...and you also have us to rant to or be distracted by : )

I love my DD's choice of mate; gorgeous, great sense of humor, responsible, and took such good care of me when we were at his home. I am quite sure there were many times he wished this old lady were not sitting in the backseat as he showed his girl around the romantic sights of France, but he always included me.

OK LLJsmom. Now it's your turn. One of the rules of lost bling is that it can be in plain sight. I never believed that but now I do. I don't even think you have to think about it - just know that your bands will be found when you least expect it.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I love the kitty pictures! Please keep them coming, they are so cute and sweet and I love seeing them.

Yes, I'm headed to the beach in a few days, woo-hoo! The kids are staying home, my son has a few shows with his band and my daughter is working. So it will be just me and dh, which I think will be good for us because we haven't had much time together recently. But at the same time I'll miss the kids; we always have such a good time as a family there. Thanks for asking about my mother - she's doing ok, things are pretty much status quo, no better or worse, and I'll take it! lol

Jimmianne, your big and bold bracelet looks fabulous on you!!! Wow, I really love it.

Sorry the WF bracelet didn't work out, and I totally get where you're coming from, for that price point you really want to be in love with it. The search continues!

How great that your dd has met someone so wonderful - Wow, very exciting and I am happy for her, and you! And other reason to love and be connected to France. Spending the holidays in France sounds fantastic.

It would be so great to have this couple as your neighbors, I so hope it works out, especially at a time when your dd will be out of the country. Would be so nice to have their company and support.

Congrats on finding your rings! :dance:

LLJsmom, it's so great that running inspires and excites you, and clears your head and helps you feel better - it's wonderful to have an outlet like that. Sorry you had a rough day, I have days like that too, just out of sorts and off kilter. Nothing seems "right". I hope you're feeling better and having a good week so far. Part of it could be the end of summer and the kids heading back to school, I always get a bit down when it hits me that summer is over.

We're leaving Thursday for the beach, and coming home on Monday. Definitely long enough to feel I'm getting away for a while!

Marcy, I must tell you, I'm in love with your pink sapphire! I really, really want a CS in that color, so pretty. And what a sweet story about Marty and the earrings, what a touching thing for him to do. You made me lol - yes, little did he know it was the beginning of the end in terms of jewelry buying :D

Kristie, thinking of you and hoping this is all finished with in September, it's nerve-wracking to have something like this hanging over your head. Ugh, so sorry about all these estate problems.

I wear contacts, and I think I must have somehow scratched some part of my eye while taking one out last night, as soon as I took it out if felt like there was a big grain of sand in my eye ;( This happened once before but not this bad - it kept waking me up last night! I'm wearing my glasses for now, and the slight good news is it feels a bit better, now it feels like a small grain of sand ha. Still pretty annoying. Hopefully, it will go away in a few days.

Hope everyone is having a good day!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Junie, please keep the contact lenses out until your eye feels 100% better. In the meantime instill preservative free rewetting drops every hour or so today and if your eye doesn't go back to feeling fine by tomorrow AM I want you to get yourself to an eye care professional tomorrow AM OK? You probably have a mild corneal abrasion but those heal very quickly and you should be feeling much better by today. The fact that you are not might mean it is more than a minor abrasion but since you removed the CLs your cornea will heal. But again if you are not 100% by tomorrow AM you must see an eye doctor OK?

I wish we lived closer because I would check your eye out myself today.

No CLs, add preservative free rewetting drops (i.e. refresh plus) you can get at any drugstore OTC and if not all better by the morning get it evaluated. Sorry to repeat myself but you don't want to fool around with eye issues. And you have your beach vacation coming up so I want you all better for that!

Do not hesitate to email or call me if you need anything.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, thank you SO much for the advice! I was hoping you'd be able to help me out :halo: I was wondering if any kind of eye drop would be helpful, so thanks for the recommendation. I'm at my mother's right now, and will be here until tomorrow night, and then we're leaving early Thursday morning. If it's still bothering me tomorrow, I will find a place around here I can go to. Yes, I'm a bit bummed it's still bothering me, last time this happened I was ok by now. Boo. A big giant thank you to you, how wonderful to know an optometrist :) I'll keep you posted, I really hope this is better by tomorrow. :pray:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Junie, you said it is feeling better now than it was last night right? That's a good sign. The thing is I wouldn't want to prescribe topical antibiotics for a very mild abrasion because the cornea heals pretty quickly. Plus without seeing you I would be hesitant just because I cannot properly diagnose you that way but if it is a corneal abrasion that is mild to moderate you will be all better by tomorrow.

However if it starts to get worse today then I want you to find someone near where you are today. But most likely it will keep getting better and will be completely fine by the morning. Just get some rewetting drops now if you can to keep it lubricated and comfortable. And try to rest your eyes and relax. I am here if you need me. Too beastly hot to go out with the air quality being what it is these past 2 days. (((Hugs))).

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

LLJsmom, I am glad I kept Marty too. And glad he kept me.

Missy, my problem employee is being very passive aggressive. He acts really polite to me but avoids me as much as possible. No word yet on any applicants. Only dedicated PS participants would dream about buying jewelry. Sorry to hear you had trouble breathing. Fall allergies are my worst time.

Jimmiane, I love your tiny treasures. I have always liked that WF pendant. I have some tiny things; I should look for some pictures to post in your thread. I am thrilled you found your rings. Now lets send our location dust to LLJsmom. I am delighted to hear like your future son-in-law. He sounds great.

Kristie, I hope Marty doesn’t go through “color” regret on his truck since he mentioned red but he seems very happy with it. I like your term truckness. I sure hope that check is on it’s way by the 16th. I understand both your point of view and Bob’s on trying to get that other money. I’d want to make them pay ever last cent they owed me but I’d be glad to put it all behind me as well.

Junebug, I am sure you and your DH will enjoy a nice quiet weekend at the beach. I am glad to hear your mom is doing okay. I think about you and her frequently. I am a big sucker for colored gems especially sapphires. The jewelry store I go to in Denver has loose gems many of them in unique colors if I was smart I’d never go back there again – but hey I have to get my stuff cleaned and checked, right? Sorry to hear about damaging your eye, at least your eyes heal quickly. I am glad it is feeling better already.

I’ll have to tell you my eye story. Marty and I were having a pillow fight before work and the end of the pillow case swung around and hit me right on the cornea. I am tearing so bad I can’t keep my eye open and light was a killer so I decided to try and go back to sleep. Bad idea! Once I closed my eye I could tell something was really wrong. Marty had already left for work so I called my mom and said “Marty hit me in the eye can you take me to the doctor?” I am sure she is going WTH? Then I quickly explained it was a pillow fight and he didn’t mean to hurt me. Anyway she takes me to the eye doctor and by then my eye is just barely open and constantly crying so they take me in the back right away and put something in my eye that stops the pain and crying. I told the guy he was my best friend forever and he told me not to be too excited because it would only last for about 20 minutes. Sadly he was right. It turned out I had a chip out of my cornea so they gave me 2 eye drops to use for about a week – one was an antibiotic and one was a pain killer. One of those suckers BURNED. I couldn’t watch TV or use a computer for several days because light killed my eye. Marty just LOVED that I called my mom and told her Marty hit me.

I talked to Marty and a Killer Rabbit on FaceTime tonight. He was quite animated; the partner they are working with kind of accused them of faking a test on their system and using a power point. Marty’s hot button is accuse him of lying. He kind of went off on them and said “fine, we aren’t going to run any of the testing anymore. I’ll set there, walk you through it, answer your questions but you are doing it all”. I can hear him now.

Thank you ladies for the kind words about my pink sapphire. I really like the color.

I wore my colored diamond band today; went from pastels to bright colors. Of course those diamonds would qualify for Jimmianne’s tiny jewels collection.

Have a great day tomorrow.
Marcy

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just dropping by quickly. I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to read all the posts. Thank you for all the find-my-bling dust! I'm starting my 12 hour days, so I am going to be out of commission for a while. Phew...thanks NIRDIs. You know what's up. I'm trying to keep my head up. It's good to be busy. Will catch up with you guys soon.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning NIRDIs!

Junie, how are you this morning? I hope you wake up with your eye feeling all better! Tomorrow is beach vacation for you, Woohoo! :appl:
Glad you and your dh will have some quiet alone time. You deserve it!

Marcy, ouch. That was some pillow fight. Severe corneal abrasions/ulcers are crazy painful. So glad that is in the past for you. And ugh to passive aggressive employees. Hey better he avoids you that way you don't have to deal with him. Soon he will be replaced with someone more competent and ambitious I hope.

I'm with Marty and that is one of my hot buttons too. If someone accused me of lying I would be crazy mad too and go off on them. I don't appreciate that accusation ever because I don't lie and loathe when others lie.

LLJsmom, hope your 12 hour days go smoothly and that you continue feeling good. (((Hugs))) and good luck! I hope you have the holiday weekend off and have something fun planned with your family.

Callie, so glad yesterday went well! What a huge relief. Yay for long weekend with your dh. I forget, do you have something special planned?

Kristie, yes purring kitties take about 10 points off the blood pressure (systolic) but add 30 when they are meowing constantly and you have no clue why. Waah waah waah is what I hear and my systolic and diastolic numbers soar... :knockout: Still I love the little monsters but wow who knew shorthair domestic kitties were so vocal. :???:

Is Bob off extra days for the labor day weekend? I am glad we are getting out of NYC this weekend because the Monday parade by us is crazy loud and disruptive so I am glad we won't be around! It used to be worse but the parade routes changed over 7 years ago now so it isn't too bad. Still I prefer to be away during the parade. I am so not a parade person. I have still not to this day ever seen or attended the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade or any big parade. Not a fan.

Jimmianne, how are you doing this morning? I think finding your bling is a very good sign you are doing the right thing returning that WF bracelet. It's like the universe is telling you pass on it because look what we have returned to you and keep looking for just the right piece. My take anyway.

OK girls, have a good Wednesday. It's my Monday but on the bright side tomorrow is my Friday. Haha I never tire of that joke. Was it Marcy or Jimmianne who first said that? LOL love you girls and have a great day. :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK I just had to share what I love most about really hot mornings in the summer. And that is my ice coffee. Ahhh delicious. Here is my second glass. Refreshing and yummy. :lickout:

morningicedcoffeeoohyummy.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy. OMG I had the opposite reaction to finding my rings and decided to keep the WF bracelet! Am I being bad? haha
After finding my rings I no longer felt like a stupid girl who had so much jewelry she couldn't take care of it. My whole mood about the little WF changed : )
Then a certain Bling Queen logic took over... if I want larger stones, well voila! Just treat myself to that down the road. :naughty:
Isn't that great logic?! While there were some things about the transaction that did not thrill me I realized that if I didn't get one now, I would want one later and WF is the place to get a bracelet with great cuts.

June, I hope your eye is 100% this morning. That is a painful injury! Time for beach fun for you instead. I hope you will keep us posted about your adventures

Marcy - love it. "Mom, Marty hit me". Poor Marty, being maligned if only for a tenth of a second. I'm glad too you kept each other. I think the bunnies and bears have been very happy about that.
Thank you for sharing your pink sapphire. It's beautiful! Pink & diamonds are such a great combo.

LLJsmom, will miss you while you are working hard. If you don't write as much you will be "conspicuous in your absence" . I know you won't be able to stay away :lol:

Callie and Miss AZ - happy Missy's Thursday! What are the weekend plans? I am back to taking notes about this thread. Hard to keep up with it all.

More later, as it seems I live on PS...like some others here lol.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1441187728|3922534 said:
OK I just had to share what I love most about really hot mornings in the summer. And that is my ice coffee. Ahhh delicious. Here is my second glass. Refreshing and yummy. :lickout:

Missy, you must be energized now! Have a great day at work with your dear patients! I'm so glad we have our very own eye doc here, but we are willing to share you with the world.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha Jimmianne, there are no "bad" decisions when it comes to bling. If it makes you happy it is all good yanno? :appl: :appl: :appl:

Energized not yet but getting there. Trying to muster up the will and energy to workout. Wish you girls were here with me and we could workout together. A nice long bike ride in the park perhaps. But instead an elliptical and Pilates workout will have to do this work morning.

Marcy, forgot to tell you that when people asked me how I broke my leg I always say (well said now because almost everyone I know now knows what happened) Greg pushed me. Hahaha. Weird how sometimes Greg didn't laugh when I told people that. :lol:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I have to chuckle at you saying Greg pushed me. I do that kind of stuff too. Like Greg I don't think Marty is always amused. I also often say Marty won't let me which doesn't go over very well either. We think we are funny though, right?

I am waiting for my cleaning lady then am off to work. I will write more tonight and respond to everyone.

Have a great day.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

LLJsmom, good luck working your 12 hour days. I used to teach at the local community college as a second job. I did it for 21 years and now a few years later I have no idea how I worked both jobs. I often had 3 classes going each semester; I never had a moment to rest.

Missy, I admit my eye did hurt; I was pretty miserable for several days. I agree there is not much worse than being called a liar. Enjoy your Monday and Friday today and tomorrow. I get off 2 hours early Friday; I’ll take it. I am glad you’ll be out of town for the weekend and miss the crowds from a parade. Your morning iced coffee looks delicious and I don’t even drink coffee.

Jimmianne, I am glad you decided to keep the WF bracelet. I am sure it is a sparkler and very noticeable even though the diamonds are huge. I think most of any future purchases I’ll get involving diamonds will be from WF; their ACA IMO are just that good. I think I want earring jackets next but who knows with me, right? Where would the bunnies and bears be without Marty and I? Exactly. Thanks for understanding that.

Do I really have to go to work today? Really? Cough, cough, oh my stomach hurts.

Okay, I’ll go.

Laters my PS friends. Have a great day.
Marcy

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, thanks so much for checking on me - luckily my eye is definitely feeling better today - right now it feels just a bit irritated but it is much better than yesterday. And I didn't have any discomfort during the night last night, which is a big change from the previous night. I really think I'm on the mend, I'm going to keep wearing glasses until I'm 100% and keep using the drops, which have helped. I've learned my lesson, I think the problem is I wore my contacts for too long and my eyes were really dry when I took them out. I'm going to be a lot more careful about that from now on. I truly appreciate your help, thank you so much!

Yum, your iced coffee looks delish! Love iced coffee!

It's great you're getting out of the city during the parade, I'm with you, I'm not a fan and I can see how inconvenient they must make things in terms of getting around, traffic etc.

Jimmianne, is it ok that I'm happy you decided to keep the bracelet? :halo: I'm imagining that line of sparkle on your wrist and I bet it looks so pretty. I do think this size is nice for everyday wear - so nice that I'm starting to think about getting one lol. I have a feeling the hubs would be on board, he has suggested my getting a bracelet before. Sorry you had some issues with the vendor though, that can have an effect on the whole experience.

Marcy, I'm picturing you explaining your eye injury to the ER staff "well, um, my husband and I were having a pillow fight…" :) But the pain and discomfort are no laughing matter, that's for sure. ;( Sounds like you had a fairly severe abrasion, too. As you said, thankfully the eye heals pretty quickly. Thank you so much for keeping my mother and me in your thoughts - I have to say, that's kind of comforting to know! She's doing ok, luckily she's comfortable and not in any pain or anything, and we're still dealing with boredom but at the same time her not really being interested in anything…although my sister got her knitting again when she visited, so at least now she has a distraction and feels like she's accomplishing something. Yes, I'm attracted to colored stones too and eventually want to get pink, green, and red stone rings. Listen to me, I want I want! :oops: I'm sorry your employee is behaving so unprofessionally, that is just ridiculous! I don't blame Marty one bit for being upset about that accusation - how frustrating to have your integrity questioned like that. :angryfire:

LLJsmom, good luck as you enter into your busy period, I'll be thinking of you as you make your way through this stressful time - hopefully you can pop in once in a while just to say hi!

Have a good day everyone, I'll check back later!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I hope you and Greg are getting ready for the weekend. I can't believe we are already in the month of September. The summer seemed to fly by this year. The furbaby went for her grooming today and did the Fred cry for most of the drive. Her favorite groomer had her back operated in earlier in year so this was the first time since January she has seen her. I was a little nervous when I dropped her off as the groomer said the two dogs she had groomed earlier today had been terrible to point that she won't be grooming them in the future. When I picked her up she said she was so happy to have her. She said she hasn't been kissed this much in a long time. I was so glad to hear they were happy to see each other. Whatever she did today really wore her out. She has been passed out in my lap since we came home. I had to wake her up to feed her. That never happens.

Junebug, I'm so glad your eye is feeling better. It sounds so painful. I hope you have a great time at the beach house with your husband. I'm sure he is looking forward to getting away as much as you are. When is the dining room set being delivered?

Marcy, I love your pink ring. I love the soft shade of pink. It is so soft and pretty. What do you and Marty have planned for the weekend? I can't wait to hear all the good things you will be making for dinner.

Jimmianne, I am glad you decided to keep the bracelet. It's beautiful and will go with everything. Dainty jewelry is really fashionable right now. At least it was during my last trip to Nordstrom a few days ago. I'm sure the bracelet looks lovely on you. So where do you think the wedding will take place, the U.S. or France?

LLPJsmom, Will you be working longer days for a while or is this a short term thing? I hope you still find time to drop in here.

AZ, i wish you were here to go shopping this weekend!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Junebug, I am so glad your eye is doing better. I quit wearing contacts because my eyes were too dry and those babies were usually fused to my eyes. I started using some of those refresh tears about 20 minutes before I wanted to take my contacts out. That helped but of course Missy is our expert I am sure she’ll have lots of great ideas for you. I did feel funny explaining to the people at the eye doctors what happened to my eye. I think they believed me since an officer never showed up at our door. I definitely have a soft spot in my heart for you and your mom, I am glad it is comforting to you. I am so glad to hear she has shown an interest in knitting. That is wonderful. I like your colored stone wish list. I would really like to get a color change garnet or color change sapphire. Oooh.

Callie, what a relief your furbaby and the groomer had a nice time together. That’s cute your baby is worn out and taking it easy now. We haven’t made any plans for the weekend yet but I need to make up a shopping list before Marty gets home. I have some meat in the freezer and potatoes and that’s about it. There isn’t even a piece of bread in the house. Do you have any plans for the weekend?

I picked up pizza for supper – now I have 2 lunches from leftovers. Woo hoo!!!

I got my monthly newsletter done tonight and posted.

Off to read. Have a great evening.
Marcy

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Juneb, so happy that your eye is getting even better and it was nothing more serious.

Callie, apparently it is easier to marry in the US, so a civil ceremony here and then a church wedding in France. It all sounds so romantic & exciting, but it's a very complicated situation. But when is life really "set" anyway?!

Funny that the groomer wore out your furbaby. That sounds so sweet. Maybe I should take my uber-energy puppy to be groomed.

Marcy, save me one of those pizza lunches! I get to the low-larder more often than I care to admit and end up having strange dinners, so sharing yummy leftovers with you seems like a perfect solution : )

The cleaner comes today - I can't get over how helpful this is. The day before, I do all the laundry, clean out the refrigerator, clean Puff's "room", shred sensitive papers, groom the dogs and put everything away. I know this is not news to all of you, but for me it is a revelation that every 2 weeks my physical life gets on track. Between house chores, barn chores, landscape maintenance, cars, self, etc. it is a treadmill of trying to stay ahead - after 15 years on the farm I have never ONCE caught up. But the cleaner helps with the grand illusion that life is in order - at least for a moment or two : )

Happy day, all!
butterfly on the "Autumn Joy" sedum, and my ear-selfie, posted on the "tiny" thread.
Some PSers have posted their tiny wonders. I jokingly called it the latest trend, but think maybe it is a real trend. Anyway, it's fun to see people share their little beloved "mighty" bling.
img_0012.jpg img_0011_1.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results